PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on upcoming YGO GX packs

Mr.MimeMan
26th January 2006, 3:31 AM
Since the new Yugioh GX packs are coming out, which one would you want to get most, and why. The packs are Jaden Yuki, and Chazz Princeton. The Jaden Yuki packs have a whole bunch of elemental heros and a new one called elemental hero steam healer. The Chazz Princeton ones have the dragon tanks and the armed dragons LV 3, 5, 7, and yes a new one LV 10.

So just post your feelings about them, and which one you prefer and why.

~RaikouRider243~
26th January 2006, 7:20 AM
I'm looking forward to easy-to-get XYZ parts and XYZ itself.

I'm waiting for the next tier of duelist packs where we could be getting OMG COMMON CYBER DRAGON RUN FOR YOUR LIVES LOL

Tamer Zack
26th January 2006, 8:04 PM
Waiting for Armed Dragon LV 10 so I can combined him with Ojama Trio and Magic Thorn for some extra damage against the opponent LP.

The Requiem
26th January 2006, 9:39 PM
common-er E-Heros = I will build my E-Hero deck. Maybe. idk. Probably not.

I want that fraggin luck mallet. Because its a better reload. Because I can.

Jupetta
27th January 2006, 12:44 AM
I want that fraggin luck mallet. Because its a better reload. Because I can.

Agreed, that is really the only thing that I am looking forward to.
;354;~Dark Magician~;354;

Raito
27th January 2006, 1:26 AM
Luck Mallet and easier E-Heros and Armed Decks

Love Hina Fan
27th January 2006, 5:12 AM
The Promos. I have everything I need in these packs in OCG form, the only thing I want are those Special Variants. I hope they are good.

Phaedra
27th January 2006, 9:30 PM
Hear, hear.

The one card I want is Inferno Reckless Summon. I might just attempt a Burn deck with this card... triple Solar Flare Dragons, Solemns, and Dark Room of Nightmare. yow-ZA.

The Requiem
27th January 2006, 10:07 PM
wait, what variants?

Haruka's Swimsuit
27th January 2006, 11:14 PM
Personally, I want both packs.
I need Steam Healer for my Dragon Hero deck and I wouldn't mind Armed Dragon LV 10 either (since I already have 5 and 7). Add to that, Defence Ring, Magic Mallet, a Normal Rare Negate Attack, common Draining Shield, and a handful of other commoned cards and I'd say these packs are going to be great.
The only downside is the lowered card count in the packs, but I suppose with only 30 cards in either pack, if they had kept the same pack size, it would play havoc with the pull rarity...

Aquadon
27th January 2006, 11:40 PM
I'm gonna love the Chazz pack. I need LV10 and LV7 to complete my Armed Dragon deck, and this pack makes it possible.

Now to find a scale to get them... the odds of pulling the foils WILL be tremendous.

Love Hina Fan
28th January 2006, 12:34 AM
wait, what variants?
These GX packs are supposed to come in a Special Edition like SOI. It will have 4 cards which are variants.

rsano33
28th January 2006, 7:15 PM
what are the variants going to be anyone know?

~RaikouRider243~
28th January 2006, 7:23 PM
what are the variants going to be anyone know?

Hopefully one will be cyber dragon. We need more of those. There aren't enough in circulation.

Raito
29th January 2006, 4:06 AM
There aren't? I have three.

onix lord
2nd February 2006, 5:24 AM
The Jaden Pack will help me tremendously. So far I don't have any of the fusions, and with this pack it will be alot easier to get four of them. And I might consider getting a few Chazz packs just for Luck Mallet as trading bait for my friend whos trying to create an Exodia deck.

The Requiem
2nd February 2006, 5:49 AM
Hopefully one will be cyber dragon. We need more of those. There aren't enough in circulation.

*hits you with a common sense hammer*

NO. Just..NO.

Its already overrated, and you want it to be overly easy to get!? Okay, in that case, lets make DDA and DD warrior a variant too..

Overused cards should NOT ever be variants..

Phaedra
2nd February 2006, 6:33 AM
These GX packs are supposed to come in a Special Edition like SOI. It will have 4 cards which are variants.

Word on the street says that it will actually be 3 cards, and they will be new, not variant.

I'm guessing Mudballman and the two leftover Duel Disk promos (not including Blockman), but we won't know until the packs hit the shelves.

And if we ever see another set of Duelist Packs (I'm thinking Chronos and Ryo would be the perfect canadiates), you better bet your sweet *** that Cyber Dragon's going to see a drop in rarity...

Kazuki Mirai
2nd February 2006, 4:22 PM
Get out of the way, Reload, here comes Lucky Mallet. And plus my Armed Dragons for my dragon deck. X3 I rarely have any attention on the Jaden pack due to the theme's downsides. I'm getting myself an Armed Dragon LV7 and LV10, booyah!

FireKero!
2nd February 2006, 6:34 PM
I say Manjyome has the better set of cards of the two. You've got xyz/vwxyz, ojama, armed dragon, hell, everything you'd want. Not to mention Luckey Mallet. Thank God for that card....whatever it does....

Armed Dragon decks *such as mine* Are gonna be going for LV10 for the sheer coolness of it. Can't wait to drop it on the field against my opponent. So friggin' kewl. Not to mentioin about 4 different deck themes can be made with easy now that the star cards have fallen in rarity.

judai has some okay cards too. Mostly Negate Attack and Steam Healer.

I guess I'll just pick up a box of Manjyome one time, and get Judai another...

Wait, here's something that I just saw over on pojo. It's not anywhere else in this thread, so...

It's now been confirmed that the Duelist Pack Special Edition will be a single box containing 6 packs (3 Jaden Yuki packs and 3 Chazz Princeton packs) plus 1 of 3 "new" cards.

"New" is a relative term, in that variant cards are considered new, even when they only change the rarity of an existing card.

Some online vendors, like Ideal Collectibles, are implying that these cards are "new" in the sense of not being previously available in the English TCG. Others, like Toys Depot, are using the word "variant" to describe the cards.

We'll find out which it is soon enough, but for the present no one outside UDE appears to really know...

What do you guys think?

Haruka's Swimsuit
2nd February 2006, 10:14 PM
And if we ever see another set of Duelist Packs (I'm thinking Chronos and Ryo would be the perfect canadiates), you better bet your sweet *** that Cyber Dragon's going to see a drop in rarity...

All things considered, Asuka and Sho would be more realistic expectations... or possibly Edo.

Alfonso
2nd February 2006, 11:30 PM
All things considered, Asuka and Sho would be more realistic expectations... or possibly Edo.

Most of Asuka's cards suck though.

Phaedra
3rd February 2006, 12:55 AM
I dunno, that new "angel blast" card is worth looking into. Non-costed trap version of My Body as a Shield? Where do I sign up to get 3?

Neither of these two have anything close to a realistic card pool that Konami can draw on for a Duelist Pack release. Sho's the closest, but I dunno what they'd do about Spells and Traps seeing as how he has very few released Spells and Traps. A Sho DP would be the perfect way to get Shield Crush into the TCG, though.

An Asuka Duelist Pack would require her Rituals to get released... and don't get me started on Edo.

Ryo's got the most cards out of anybody, so I'm fairly sure Ryo will be one of the next to recieve a Duelist Pack release. If they're going to do them in twos, though, I'd wager either Sho, Chronos, or Edo would be the likely picks.

FireKero!
3rd February 2006, 3:45 AM
I dunno, that new "angel blast" card is worth looking into. Non-costed trap version of My Body as a Shield? Where do I sign up to get 3?

Neither of these two have anything close to a realistic card pool that Konami can draw on for a Duelist Pack release. Sho's the closest, but I dunno what they'd do about Spells and Traps seeing as how he has very few released Spells and Traps. A Sho DP would be the perfect way to get Shield Crush into the TCG, though.

An Asuka Duelist Pack would require her Rituals to get released... and don't get me started on Edo.

Ryo's got the most cards out of anybody, so I'm fairly sure Ryo will be one of the next to recieve a Duelist Pack release. If they're going to do them in twos, though, I'd wager either Sho, Chronos, or Edo would be the likely picks.

Edo packs are highly possible. But we'd have about 15-20 new D-hero+D-Hero support cards and everything. If we were to see an Edo character pack, it wouldn't be until some more of his D-Hero's are released.

XyronTheFalcon
3rd February 2006, 6:45 AM
yes^Edo and Ryo will be cool!I can imagine Ryo's Key monster being Chimeratech Over Dragon and Edo's being Dogma Guy!

My Guesses:
Second release of DPs:Ryo and Sho
Third Release:Edo and Saiou?
If napoleon has more duels:Chronos and Napoleon
If not:Kenzan and Misawa?
If Fubuki has more duels:Asuka and Fubuki
if not:single released Asuka pack
(or)if a new chracter is there:Asuka and (insert new characters name)
(or)Asuka and Judai(Neos cards)

Haruka's Swimsuit
3rd February 2006, 9:08 AM
Most of Asuka's cards suck though.

I hadn't really taken that into account...
How about just an Asuka character card (ala Pharaoh's Judgement, Unity, Friendship) then...?

Silver Ryu
5th February 2006, 10:19 PM
I'm not interested.