PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Ranger hints toward Pokemon D/P with sprites?

Vealiquince
26th January 2006, 5:31 AM
Anyone else but me think that the Pokemon Ranger sprites is almost a dead give away as to what Diamond and Pearl will look like? Just my opinion.

indigestible_wad
2nd February 2006, 4:58 AM
I haven't played the game yet, so I wouldn't know, but are the already existing pokemon that are in that game have the same sprites as in the rpg games? If not then I'm sure that the new pokemon's sprites are not the ones that will be in diamond and pearl.

nardjr16
4th February 2006, 4:33 AM
i thought i was the only person who thought that

Ex_Mightyena
4th February 2006, 4:53 AM
I think they may be different,just the fact that i dont think d/p is coming for a long time,but i dont know that,and how can the sprites of a 3d game be simailiar to 2d games?

JazzJazz
4th February 2006, 5:00 AM
I think they may be different,just the fact that i dont think d/p is coming for a long time,but i dont know that,and how can the sprites of a 3d game be simailiar to 2d games?

As far as I knew Diamond/Pearl haven't been confirmed to be 2D or 3D as of yet...

Ex_Mightyena
4th February 2006, 5:07 AM
man i wish some jack a**'s will stop lying to me about it being 3d.

oh well i still think the sprites will be different!well i hope so adds to the fun of it!

Iron_Mew
4th February 2006, 9:47 AM
*** isn't really a swear word. It's a donkey, so don't sensor it just italic the S in the middle. I hope they don't look like the ranger sprites I don't really like them. But they might be, Vealiquince there's no way in the world (almost no way) that you'd be the only way to think this. Right now somebody is probably typing the same thing as you on another forum somewhere.

BelugaWhale
5th February 2006, 11:12 PM
I think it would be cool to look like the ranger sprites, but I also hope for 3D sprites, and the whole game to be in 3D

Zoramon089
6th February 2006, 1:23 AM
I don't think it'll be the Ranger sprites. Maybe out of battle but they're WAY too small for in battle. They wouldn't work at all IMO and it'd be a decrease in detail from the older versions which sounds kinda ridiculous...

JazzJazz
6th February 2006, 6:39 PM
I don't think it'll be the Ranger sprites. Maybe out of battle but they're WAY too small for in battle.

Of course the battle screens would be different... but I think the Ranger set-up would work for Diamond/Pearl's overworld.

Peeko
7th February 2006, 1:20 PM
It's an interesting point.

Thinking about it PR over world and sprites seem to fit perfect with the next progression of hand held Pokemon graphics. I'd be surprised if GameFreak choose 3D over 2D or even drastically changed the camera angle. Don't quote me on this, but I think D/P will use something similar to PR, it seems like the logical choice. Of course they aren't going to ruin the surprise early so I'd expect some changes.

On the other hand nothing’s certain with Pokemon games, they’ve made many illogical decisions in the past and since we know next to nothing about D/P it’s too soon to guess. If they decide to use something similar I wouldn’t be disappointed anyway, it looks good and that’s what I want.

Gosple
7th February 2006, 11:39 PM
I hope not , I always did like the style of sprites the game had , but they might . It will just be hard to get used to . But Game freak probrably will , they are nice looking .