PDA

View Full Version : AC: WW - Strange flowers in the mail? Read this.

Ledian_X
26th January 2006, 11:45 PM
Today in the mail I got a letter to me from no sender and it had no text. Attached was an object called red roses. I went to put it in my house and nothing showed up.. It just disappered.

I reset the game and it was the first time I did so, so, there was no Resetti. I go back and play. Everything was just as I left it. It was odd getting a letter from no one.

So, is this a glitch or what? Gate wasn't opened at all today, either.

LX

ABPikachu
27th January 2006, 1:16 AM
It could be, but it's never happened to me, but I think this might belong in the General Nintendo Discussion forum. Sorry if that was spammy ^^;;;

Paper Castform
27th January 2006, 1:29 AM
It's a glitched item. If you go onto wifi and have you Downloads enabled, then you will receive the roses as a present. But I don't have wifi, so I'm not to sure on this one.

1) Don't place it in your house, it kills the spot. Forever. Don't save.
2) It can be planted on the cement outside. Don't worry, it can be run over or picked up. Then it turns into a normal flower.

Apparently a hacker hacked the code of the letter from Iwata containing a Coin a few weeks ago. There's a big uproar at GameFAQs about how the wifi community is dying, with gates turning into museums and now this. Somebody should make a sticky for this, because it messes up your file permanantly.

EDIT: This could stay under Wifi, I think, because it has to do with having wifi on and receiving a letter download.

Ledian_X
27th January 2006, 2:10 AM
Well, after that glitch happened, I just reset the Nintendo DS. So, everything would be okay right. And this doesn't go in Nintendo Discussion. It concerns the Wifi so it goes here. Fox allowed me to post here. >>

LX

ProtoManEXE88
27th January 2006, 2:44 AM
Yeah, it's a hack... not horrible though, be thankfull that's all it does.

I never got one :-/

And I heard of it being called Tulips, but not Red roses...

Little_Pikachu
28th January 2006, 12:53 AM
I'm just gonna stick this for a few days so everyone sees it. Hopefully this will act as a warning to anyone recieving mysterious flowers.

TPMX
28th January 2006, 1:47 AM
A side effect of this glitch is if you reset after putting them in your house, Resetti disappears. One less annoying character. High-five!

The Thrashmeister
28th January 2006, 2:02 AM
:< And mine in Nintendo Discussion wasn't stickied.

teamrocketspy621
28th January 2006, 1:25 PM
... be thankfull that's all it does.

Yeah, thank goodness. I got that mysterious letter, too. The red tulips are planted next to the river in my town now. I'm going to go kill them.

Zora
28th January 2006, 3:05 PM
Well I have good news about the item. If you plant in cement, did it up, there will hole on your cement. Do not plant any item in there that does not become a tree, the hole will remain. Plant a tree, assuming you picked a solid location, the tree will go.

PS: You do know that you can plant this glitched flower on the ground.

Also there is a rumor that Nintendo this accidently. Here are the two Nintendo related reasons:

1.) Some employee at Nintendo wanted to ruin Wi-Fi, so they put a glitched item.
2.) The more reasonable rumor, in my eyes, is that Nintendo wanted to send this, at the time, glitched-free rose, but accidently sent it to America. That then our game/ds tried to recode the "From" part and either it made a glitchy name, or omitted the "From" part all together, just leaving the "from."

Edit:
The reason has been found by a third-party support. Apparently, Nintendo forgot to do there homework and didn't as good anti-AR coding. Therefore when someone happened to hack to get the six monkeys exclusive to the Japanese version, (they are in the list of aniamls, but aren't at all able to move to your town for english players). Then that person managed to go on Wi-Fi, accidently sent over some side-effect glitches, which resulted to have a glitched item on the main Wi-Fi server. Thus, when logged on, a red rose was sent, with glitched names (Remember that AR was responisble for the board-buried item glitched name) and was also treated as an download. Nintendo didn't know about this until reported.

PS: Nintendo really has to stop with this Japan-exclusive stuff. It leads to more and more problems.

Here are the pictures of the Monkeys that were secret. I will point out a few unusual things:

http://www.animalxing.com/images/screenshots/ds/monkey5.jpg

The picture frames are always Blue or green for Villageres and lost cat pictures, but are never yellow. Those are reserved for special people (Nook/KK/Pascal)

http://www.aibohack.com/nds/acmap_monkey1.jpg

They are in english, plus the site that showed us their "work" admits that is AR doings. The also say it resulted in the Red Rose glitch

The Thrashmeister
29th January 2006, 8:36 PM
Zora, where did you get this information? Not about the monkeys, but the side effects and whatnot.

Edit: It was sent out from Nintendo.

We know that there was a rumor going around that the notorious red tulips were sent out by a master hacker, but in reality, these tulips were sent out over the WFC by Nintendo by accident. For those of you who have put the red tulips in your house, hang on and don't wipe your game; Nintendo is working on a downloadble fix.

Locke Yggdrasill
29th January 2006, 9:50 PM
Can this glitch item still be obtained? (I really want it. ;o; )
And can you plant it in the design tiles that you can make, and lay down all over the town, as was shown in the most recent issue of Nintendo Power?

Zora
30th January 2006, 2:27 AM
Zora, where did you get this information? Not about the monkeys, but the side effects and whatnot.

Edit: It was sent out from Nintendo.

Woops, I meant it was a possible rumor, not the real rumor. Argh, can't remember the link.

Nsidersage
31st January 2006, 11:59 PM
I heard on Nsider that it was a red turnip not a flower... either way it's a invisble item that you can't pick up or move so you basically are screwed if you saved afetr placing it.

The Thrashmeister
1st February 2006, 12:25 AM
Well, AnimalXing Ahead did say that Nintendo was working on a downloadable fix.

And it is a flower. There have been reports of both red roses and red tulips, but not turnips. :/

XD:SHADOW
17th February 2006, 9:36 PM
yea that happen to me too they sended it when you where online