PDA

View Full Version : Admirationshipping Discussion Thread

STJ
27th January 2006, 4:20 AM
Well, since this ship has been given a name (thanks to Alfonso) I decided to create a thread for it..

Why? Cause I can! :p

Yep, Of course, there's not much to go on, (aside from the fact that Wakana 'admires' Drew) but perhaps that'll change once the new episode airs..

So, come join the discussion if you like the ship of Wakana and Drew!

wobbsalad
27th January 2006, 4:45 AM
Yeah, why not? Sounds fun.

STJ
27th January 2006, 5:00 AM
yay, I was hoping someone would reply ^_^

I'm posting pictures, so if anybody doesn't want to know what Wakana looks like... Turn Away NOW!

Last Chance!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/Pokemon/Wakana.jpg
I wonder what she's doing?

oh, and credit goes to Pokemon Palace for this image

Torkoal Stu
27th January 2006, 4:01 PM
She's probably upset by being away from Drew :P

Yeah well I personally think that Wakana and Drew and great together, I mean not much is known about Wakana but they do seem quite good together from what we know. And she has a Vibrava, alls good. I still like Contestshipping mind you but Admirationshipping is great too.

Also nice name Alfonso ;D

Raevell
27th January 2006, 7:12 PM
I keep hearing the name Wakana thrown around. Has she been in any episodes yet? I get the idea that she hasn't shown up much or she hasn't been in any.

But she looks like a cute character. Maybe too cute for Drew. :p Still, it could prove to be an interesting couple depending on the chemistry, I'd have to see an episode first before I could commit to liking the couple.

But at the moment I don't see why not.

haruka~
27th January 2006, 8:07 PM
I keep hearing the name Wakana thrown around. Has she been in any episodes yet? I get the idea that she hasn't shown up much or she hasn't been in any.

She hasn't been in any episodes yet, but she's going to be in the next one.

intergalactic platypus
27th January 2006, 11:18 PM
Hmm a thread about it before the ep airs...intersting. Well it'll be interesting to see if she actually has a crush on him

wobbsalad
28th January 2006, 2:40 AM
Is this going to be a secondary shipping choice for Advanceshippers the way Pokeshippers latched on to Contestshipping? Anyway, since I haven't seen Wakana in action yet, it's hard to say what I'll think, but so far this seems cute.

Lux
28th January 2006, 6:42 AM
Oww, Wakana looks so cute... the way people were picturing things around, I was expecting her to be scary like Macey or evil like a female version of Harley-san... but she seems just like a sweet little girl.

By their looks, Drew and Wakana are nice together, but I'll only support the ship depending on their chemistry.

Pitchi
28th January 2006, 11:45 AM

I`m glad that Wakana`s quiet cute^^; But I expect her to be same age as Shuu and Haruka but she looks 9 to me O_o Oh well.. In that pic, to me seems like she`s begging for something xD Or worried..

I can`t wait for how she`ll act around Shuu ^.^

Aikou Bupiggu
28th January 2006, 2:38 PM

Aww... Shuu is getting whooped by Haruka and she is all upset over it, praying that he'll turn the thing around and the likes maybe?

((Isn't that the only picture of her currently? Well, the only close up picture of her))

wobbsalad
28th January 2006, 4:17 PM
Yeah, I expected a hyperactive Macy type too, Lux, but what if she ends up being super-shy like the only picture we have suggests? Does a vain boy and a shy girl make a good (or even compatible) pair? I'll be keeping my eye out for the next eppy for sure.

haruka~
28th January 2006, 7:26 PM
There's more pictures of her here: http://pokemonpalace.net/?id=episode/438

STJ
28th January 2006, 10:07 PM
Aww... Shuu is getting whooped by Haruka and she is all upset over it, praying that he'll turn the thing around and the likes maybe?
((Isn't that the only picture of her currently? Well, the only close up picture of her))

I thought that as well, but then, we find out that Drew isin't competing, so that might not be the case..

Although, it could be a flashback to when Drew was competing, have to wait and see

Yeah, I expected a hyperactive Macy type too, Lux, but what if she ends up being super-shy like the only picture we have suggests? Does a vain boy and a shy girl make a good (or even compatible) pair? I'll be keeping my eye out for the next eppy for sure.

Well, it works woth Hinata and Naruto, don't it? XD

Raevell
29th January 2006, 12:30 PM
Oww, Wakana looks so cute... the way people were picturing things around, I was expecting her to be scary like Macey or evil like a female version of Harley-san... but she seems just like a sweet little girl.

By their looks, Drew and Wakana are nice together, but I'll only support the ship depending on their chemistry.

Ha ha, yes, you said the exact thing I said! XD

I don't want to just support a shipping because it contradicts my favorite one. People bug me when they tend to do that. Just as someone else mentioned, how many pokeshippers like contestshipping simply because it keeps Ash and May apart. I'm sure there are many who like it just because they do, but there are definitely some who you know they have a whole other reason...

wobbsalad
29th January 2006, 4:31 PM
Still, I wonder what Drew's "type" is, and if Wakana can stack up. Drew acts like a pretty boy, and though the casual observer might say "gay", after seeing Harley walk around with his butt in the air in the last episode, I think Pokemon's version of gay is a little more fla-ming...

So since it's safe to assume Drew is for the ladies, it's also safe to assume he's giving May roses because she interests him, at least a little? Could Wakana ever be a substitute? She's got kind of a helmet-hair thing, and lacks May's heavy eyelid look...Drew, Mr. vain that he is, probably wants a girl he can look good with. I wonder if Wakana is enough for him, or if he'll turn his nose up at her...

STJ
4th February 2006, 12:05 AM
Well, the episode has aired, and does Wakana admire Drew in a romantic way? Sure seems so.. If you've seen the images

SPOILER ALERT

She faints when he leaves, isin't that sweet? XD

I'm hoping that there'll be more posters here.. C'mon people, where's the love? :p

Pitchi
4th February 2006, 2:25 AM
^ No, she faints before Shuu leaves. After Shuu talked to her. She`s so sweet :D

Yeap, she sure did have a crush on him.

Lux
4th February 2006, 8:26 PM
Ha ha, yes, you said the exact thing I said! XD

Yeah, I noticed it after I typed my post. I was bored to read the other posts at the time, I just wanted to say something about Wakana's pic I had just seen ^^

And now... I can tell I'm a supporter of this ship, because of Wakana's sweetness and her interaction with Drew (the cuteness - they blush when introduced to each other! She faints as he goes away!) and no, not because I'm an advanceshipper. Indeed, I'm kind of a contestshipper too. So, me supporting admirationshipping does have nothing to do with taking Drew away from May. As said before, it sucks when people do that :/

CyberCubed
4th February 2006, 8:35 PM
It's a cute ship but it's awfully one-sided.

That being said, Wakana's interactions with Drew were hilarious. She's always shy around him and hid behind May when he spoke to her. She blushes when he touches her hand, (with the "I can't believe he touched me!" sort of vibe) And then she faints at the end! :x

I'm liking May/Wakana more though, that's adorable. Especially since May is holding her in her arms at the end.

NoDot
6th February 2006, 12:12 AM
Hm... I wonder what this is doing on page 2...

For me, shipping has always been my opinion. I'm going to wait and see if this is actually a ship as cannon as Poke and Advanced.

OTOH, I'd like the reserve the right to scythe the first rabid Admirationshipper. If you find one, e-mail or PM me.

Raevell
6th February 2006, 3:23 PM
Hm... I wonder what this is doing on page 2...

For me, shipping has always been my opinion. I'm going to wait and see if this is actually a ship as cannon as Poke and Advanced.

OTOH, I'd like the reserve the right to scythe the first rabid Admirationshipper. If you find one, e-mail or PM me.

Eh, I wonder if that will happen. Contestshipping is already so big, I look forward to seeing a rabid admirationshipper. I doubt heavily until we see the episode in the states it will pick up any. I know a lot of people who don't get to see the Japanese episodes, that or lack of understanding the dialogue keeps them away.

I personally don't care for canon ships, liking a ship has nothing to do with it being canon for me.

So, as for a topic, how about we take a guess at what we think Wakana's English dub name will be? :p You can state what you want it to be or what you think it will be.

I'm guessing something like Wendy since this is 4Kids we're talking about and it's a fairly common 'W' name.

Jo-Jo
6th February 2006, 3:32 PM
I was thinking 'Wanda'. It uses most of the letters in her original name.

NoDot
6th February 2006, 9:42 PM
I personally don't care for canon ships, liking a ship has nothing to do with it being canon for me.Well, IMO, most ships should have some degree of cannonity to them, or their not worth the time to think up a name.

A good example would be Satoshi&Wakana.

So, as for a topic, how about we take a guess at what we think Wakana's English dub name will be? :p You can state what you want it to be or what you think it will be.

I'm guessing something like Wendy since this is 4Kids we're talking about and it's a fairly common 'W' name.How about you switch two characters and get Wanaka?

STJ
6th February 2006, 10:37 PM
Eh, I wonder if that will happen. Contestshipping is already so big, I look forward to seeing a rabid admirationshipper.

You know, a part of me agrees with that, since it would bring some sort of balance to the shipping world.. but then.. a rabid shipper is a rabid shipper

Well, if you've seen the pictures, then you'll see that the wrtiers made it blatantly obvious that Wakana has a crush on Drew...

Heh, I could go into a long rant into canon ships and the ships I like and dislike, I really could...but I won't because I know I'll begin to offend people if I do.

wobbsalad
7th February 2006, 1:27 AM
How about you switch two characters and get Wanaka?

And then flip the W upside down and get Manaka, and then Anglicize it to Monica. Amirite?

Raevell
8th February 2006, 2:59 AM
Well, IMO, most ships should have some degree of cannonity to them, or their not worth the time to think up a name.

A good example would be Satoshi&Wakana.

I completely disagree. I can like a pairing that has no sense of canon just because I want to. Why not Satoshi and Wakana? She's cute and maybe one day she'll start admiring the battlers rather than the coordinators. Who knows. Granted I won't go around telling people it's going to happen, but I don't see why I can't enjoy the idea.

Back on topic, I like the idea of Wanda as an English name. It makes a lot of sense. Monica is such a sexy name in my opinion I'm not sure it would fit cute lil' Wakana. ;)

STJ, I wanna hear your rant! Especially if it might offend people. Those are the best kind, lol.

STJ
8th February 2006, 8:49 AM
Hehehe.. Alright then, I'm going to start ranting

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/hoppingmad.gif

That was fun! XD

Hmm.. Wanda does sound like a nice name, it suits her I suppose..

I have a topic also...

Do you think it's feasable for Drew to have feelings for her eventually?

Darkliger
12th February 2006, 11:57 PM

Sure, it's feasable.

LOL... Sometimes, I think the only reason Drew even gives a rose to May is to mess with her -- and her reaction to it is almost no reaction.

Now if he gives a rose to Wakana, I bet she'll squeal with joy... and then faint. :D

But, yeah, I think it's feasable. It's not like he hates her or anything; only then would it seem farfetched.

haruka~
13th February 2006, 12:02 AM
Yes. Wakana's so sweet, how can anyone not love her? I'm a contestshipper though.