PDA

View Full Version : i need the toilet!

Mini Apocalypse
27th January 2006, 11:10 AM
ive been thinking about this for a wile now and iv been looking out for it but i havnt found one yet. can anyone find me proof of a public toilet in the anime.it doesnt matter if its in the background ive just never seen one myself and would like others to see if they can help me find one...once you have found proof post it in here.

Lupin
27th January 2006, 1:19 PM
Its just one of the many things you don't see in the animie.

They all wash, get changed, and use the "bathroom" all off camera.

Torkoal Stu
27th January 2006, 1:22 PM
Plus it would be really wierd to see those things and it would be boring for Ash to be in the middle of a battle and say "I need the toilet", wouldn't it?

Also by the name I thought it was some spam thread from some newbie asking for the toilet xP

Yamato-san
27th January 2006, 3:22 PM
well, with several characters travelling in the anime, it can be assumed they just do it behind the bushes.

Mini Apocalypse
27th January 2006, 4:29 PM
WHAT!!!! may has a wizzle behind a rock!!!!

MagmaZero
27th January 2006, 4:33 PM
They do so change clothes, its just that they don't care about fashion and have the same exact outfit in their bags.

Sharpshooter
27th January 2006, 4:48 PM
I think it's kinda inappropriate having somebody to use the toilet in the middle of a children's tv show.

SuperGlalie
27th January 2006, 5:17 PM
Well this thread is random and i thought it was someone saying they needed the toilet as well!

On-topic: That must be the only reason why they have breaks in between i suppose. But if they go in the bushes or wherever, where do they go in an area without bushes, trees or rocks?

pisces_beedrill
27th January 2006, 5:25 PM
in the anime, ash, misty and brock and other guys/gals always wear the same thing, that is unrealistic and cartoony, therefore, it is the same with toilets.

-Totodile-
27th January 2006, 8:37 PM
Either they don't use the bathroom or they hold it in until they go home. Why do you think May and Max went back to Petalburg when Ash and Brock went to Ash's house after the Hoenn League?

Freedom
28th January 2006, 5:11 AM
Either they don't use the bathroom or they hold it in until they go home. Why do you think May and Max went back to Petalburg when Ash and Brock went to Ash's house after the Hoenn League?

now we know what brock did in 'the waterflowers of cerulean city' when he disappeared for half the episode. :D

Raevell
29th January 2006, 12:53 PM
Oh, man... This thread is just making me laugh and laugh. I used to ponder this as well. XD Seeing as they'd be stuck in the woods for days on end... Gotta go the way of the campers. But we don't see anything about hygiene on the show. Surely the characters have to bathe as well after traveling in the forest for so long? I think the only time we saw anything on the subject was that strange Blissy episode where Ash took a shower. (the Japanese way at that!)

It's just the way of anime. Loop holes!

Mini Apocalypse
29th January 2006, 8:24 PM
may they wash in the rivers that might run through the woods

FabuVinny
29th January 2006, 10:03 PM
Ash was using a waterfall to wash in the first Hoenn opening.

When they are travelling, it is likely that they just go behind a bush when they ned to do their thing. And Pokémon Centers will have the facilities as well.

Komedic Konservationist
29th January 2006, 10:25 PM
They probably go to the toilet when at Pokecentres.

Aptenodytes
30th January 2006, 6:27 AM
Well it's a kid's cartoon so i dont think there would be a toilet in it. Just think of what would happen:
Random trainer: I challenge you to a battle!
Ash: Sorry i need to go take a dump!

Satoshi
30th January 2006, 7:03 AM
Why does Al go through all these years without being rusted? Why does Bugs Bunny wear a towel when he's naked most of the time?

It a CARTOON. There's a good explanation for them to not go to the bathroom in the middle of the show, no public toilets or ever change their clothes. Besides, why the hell would do you want to see Ash pushing the big one the middle of a battle? o.o

Chris
30th January 2006, 7:25 AM
Why does Al go through all these years without being rusted?
Because he makes sure to polish himself and keep his body in top condition to prevent his body from rusting, that's why. >_> There are instances in official art where we'll see him with a can of oil or somethin' of the sort. :P

Lil Brother
30th January 2006, 9:01 AM
Maybe this is why the cast seem to get so friendly with the filler characters! Access to plumbing!

lightspeed
30th January 2006, 9:11 AM
I think I saw the bathroom in "Ignorance is Blissey", ah here it is: http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/johto/129.shtml

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
30th January 2006, 10:18 AM
hehe... this thread does make me laugh...

anyway, the reason we never see Ash or anyone going to the bathroom, or seeing any toilets is simple, DO WE WANT TO SEE THEM?

and they probably go behind bushes while in the middle of a forest, and when they get to a pokemon center, they make a LONG queue

Lupin
30th January 2006, 1:45 PM
and they probably go behind bushes while in the middle of a forest

Which proves that when you go on a Pokemon Journey, remember to pack toilet paper.

Roses Ablaze
30th January 2006, 6:44 PM
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but there have been toilets in the anime. Way early in Kanto when Ash released his Primeape, Jessie and James tied someone up and took his clothes, leaving him to sit on a toilet.

Mini Apocalypse
30th January 2006, 7:03 PM
Way early in Kanto when Ash released his Primeape, Jessie and James tied someone up and took his clothes, leaving him to sit on a toilet.

do you know what the episode is called?

FabuVinny
30th January 2006, 7:55 PM
"The Punchy Pokémon"

While that is early on, it is probably safe to assume that most public places have such facilities...

Yamato-san
30th January 2006, 10:57 PM
I think I saw the bathroom in "Ignorance is Blissey", ah here it is: http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/johto/129.shtml

Yes, but do you see a toilet in those pictures? In Japan, baths and toilets are usually in seperate rooms. Anyway, I suggest listening to Sherlock Shuckle and Roses Ablaze, they answered the question nicely.

*$hinydragonite*
2nd February 2006, 5:46 AM
Well if you ask me, they'd go to the bathroom at the pokemon center. What if they were going in the woods, and pikachu or some other pokemon they knew followed them? At least they'd have privacy at the PC.

Geodude
3rd February 2006, 1:31 PM
There was one fairly early AG ep too where the gang were washing out their clothes at the beginning of it. Remember Forretress using Rapid Spin to dry out some of them? I think it was the one where Ash caught Corphish.

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~
4th February 2006, 2:02 PM
And what about ash changing his undys every day. he must go somewhere to wash them.

Mini Apocalypse
4th February 2006, 9:44 PM
he might not do though...there are people like that....ewwww

Revolutionary Destiny
4th February 2006, 9:47 PM
If I remember correctly, there was a bathroom in Flannery's house in the episode "Poetry in Commotion" when Flannery's dad (in disguise) was trying to show her where the badges were hidden.

Geodude
5th February 2006, 4:28 AM
True dat. I think that's the only actual bathroom we've ever seen in the anime.

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
5th February 2006, 7:06 PM
i think they just go to the bathroom at pokemon centers. it's the most likely theory. but where does TR go? in the balloon?

Mini Apocalypse
5th February 2006, 8:49 PM
or out of the balloon....................well team rocket must have to go to the pokemon center sometime. think of ow oftern their pokemon faint.....maybe they go in their too

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
8th February 2006, 1:28 AM
if they kept in going to the center every time their pokemon faint that would be ALOT of visits.

i still say they go in the balloon

Hoshi no Kabii
8th February 2006, 12:32 PM
Just ask yourself this question. What are commercials for?

Lorelei2006
8th February 2006, 5:13 PM
I dont think its appropriate on the anime and plus they prbably do it on comercials anyway.

Mini Apocalypse
8th February 2006, 6:41 PM
Just ask yourself this question. What are commercials for?
quickly running down stares so you can make some cheese on toast before the second bit starts

Dogasu
9th February 2006, 1:33 AM
Ash was using a waterfall to wash in the first Hoenn opening.

He wasn't washing himself; he was just meditating under the waterfall.

Flame Haze SnS
9th February 2006, 8:52 AM
I think we've seen 2 toilets in "Punchy Pokemon" and the Flannery episode. Pokemon rarely do have those now. I don't think that's appropriate to have those being seen on Pokemon from now on since it's for children.

Mini Apocalypse
9th February 2006, 9:10 PM
ok people keep saying that its not appropriate becaouse its a childrens show.....but they use toilets too you no

Flame Haze SnS
10th February 2006, 4:42 AM
ok people keep saying that its not appropriate becaouse its a childrens show.....but they use toilets too you no

Yeah, but do you think they'd want to see the dirty stuff in the toilet and some dirts on the toilets? That'd be disgusting.

Mini Apocalypse
10th February 2006, 7:48 PM
well no one wants to....i ment just seeing one in the background or something

everyone is going on about people USING the toilets in the anime...but i did say at the begining that it could just be in the background

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~
12th February 2006, 7:18 PM
Well how do Pokemon go to the toilet anyways. As far as I know no Pokemon have a hint of genitels. Unless anyone has looked up a Gardivoirs dress or seen a Hitmonlee without it's suit.

ImJessieTR
13th February 2006, 3:32 AM
if they kept in going to the center every time their pokemon faint that would be ALOT of visits.

i still say they go in the balloon

LOL! "Beware of TR lemonade!" Ewww....

I say Pokemon Centers. Even TR is not in the balloon all the time since they crash so much and they'd need time to repair.

Satoshi
13th February 2006, 3:47 AM
Actually, since TR isn't really civilized, they might make a move in the bushes....

Lupin
13th February 2006, 1:46 PM
Well how do Pokemon go to the toilet anyways. As far as I know no Pokemon have a hint of genitels. Unless anyone has looked up a Gardivoirs dress or seen a Hitmonlee without it's suit.

It is a kids show you know, they arn't going to show that.

Plus pokemon go like any other animal, in the wild where they are standing :P

*$hinydragonite*
15th February 2006, 4:41 AM
So if pikachu was standing on Ash's shoulders... Ewwwww...!

FabuVinny
15th February 2006, 3:05 PM
If you can train animals and you can train Pokémon to do powerful attacks, I think Pikachu can jump down and go over to the bushes.

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~
15th February 2006, 6:46 PM
Oh so thats what the yellow wavey thing was when Pikachu used quik attack on beldum in Less is Morrison