PDA

View Full Version : Favorite YGO Card(s)

WaterTrainer243
29th January 2006, 12:35 AM
As the title suggests, post your favorite Yu-Gi-Oh card here. If you have more than one favorite, that's fine too. I will also give everyone the option of explaining why these their favorite cards. Now keep in mind it's an option; you don't have to explain why it's your favorite if you don't want to or don't have an explaination.

My favorite card is Sword Hunter. I know it's odd for someone to like a card such as that, but I will tell you why I like it. I don't care if it's a common card, I like it's effect and know ways to go around it, and I don't care about how it looks or how strong it is. Ever since I got the Japanese version of it when my family visited Disney world a few years ago I felt sort of a connection to it. It was like I've been told that it was the card for me. I know I sound odd saying this but that's why I favor Sword Hunter. Ever since I got the English version I've never let it leave my deck no matter how many times I've been told to take it out. Basically I'm saying the same thing Yugi would say about his Dark Magician.

Jupetta
29th January 2006, 12:49 AM
Probably Dark Magician or Dark Magician of Chaos, they are both cool.
;354;~Dark Magician~;354;

Nylf
29th January 2006, 9:15 PM
Familiar Possessed Wynn or Mobius The Frost Monarch. MTFM because he was my first UR card, in my first SOD booster. Wynn because...because....well just because^_^.

Oh, and Luster Dragon(the blue one with red eyes and 1900ATK) owns. One of the best four stars in existance without an effect. Heck one of the best pure and simple monsters. It has no support cards or anything for it alone, but it still makes a great card. Armed Dragons are cool too.

Haruka's Swimsuit
29th January 2006, 9:41 PM
Shadow Ghoul.
I've had at least one Shadow Ghoul in my main deck ever since I first put it together back when Magic Ruler first came out.

JoJo@210
29th January 2006, 9:53 PM
Thats tough since I like all those cute girl cards. I'd have to say its probably between Injection Fairy Lily, White Magicain Pikeru and Ebon Maicain Curran.

I own a Fairy Lily but I want to get the other two as well.

celticwarrior530
29th January 2006, 11:05 PM
I'd have to say Celtic Guardian. It's not really that strong, but hey, he's pretty darn cool.

The Requiem
29th January 2006, 11:14 PM
I like Vampire Lord and Nepthys.

ma fan of things that just wont die.

Shadow the Hedgehog
30th January 2006, 3:45 PM
Dark Necrofear. This has saved me when I had no cards and had to count on a draw so many times. Most of the time it gives me control of opponent's monster too. Not bad at all. I just wish it had more support.

Remia
30th January 2006, 3:50 PM
Neo the Magic Swordsman (Nice picture), A Rival Appears (funny picture), and Riryoku (I like the drain effect).

Jupetta
31st January 2006, 12:16 AM
Dark Necrofear. This has saved me when I had no cards and had to count on a draw so many times. Most of the time it gives me control of opponent's monster too. Not bad at all. I just wish it had more support.

I love DN, one of my favorite Fiends.

Super Aipom
31st January 2006, 12:20 AM
Jerry Beans Man, i love the name and picture.
He's good for a lv 3 normal.

Little_Pikachu
31st January 2006, 2:42 AM
Snatch Steal, for some reason the picture just cracks me up everytime I draw it, so sadly my friends always know what I've got :P It's just like "HERE MAN! 'ES TWOCKED ME BAG!!!" said in a Geordie accent... Uuh, I guess you had to be there :D

But to use, I've always loved Blowback Dragon in my deck, once I find a lucky coin, that's it, game over :) I don't use it at the moment, but I had a little Zaborg phase in which the quote of the day was 'Zaborg doesn't love *name of card to be destroyed by effect*!'... Eeh, the memories.

WaterTrainer243
31st January 2006, 5:30 AM
Might as well add another card to my favorites list. So I'm gonna have to say that I favor Marauding Captain. It's effect is way cool and very usefull in ANY warrior-based deck.

Love Hina Fan
31st January 2006, 5:37 AM
Magician's Valkyria and White Magician Pikeru. I have a thing for Light Spellcasters. I assure you, that's it... >_>

Jupetta
31st January 2006, 6:16 AM
Magician's Valkyria and White Magician Pikeru. I have a thing for Light Spellcasters. I assure you, that's it... >_>
Sure...

Anyways, I also like Dark Ruler Ha Des as it has a great effect, nice attack, and it's almost mandatory in a Fiend deck.

Silver Arrow
31st January 2006, 7:09 PM
I dunno, I have to say either Proto Cyber Dragon or Horus. Though I wish there was a male version of Princess Of Tsuragi. *shrug*

Aquadon
31st January 2006, 9:23 PM
I have two words to describe my favorite card: Armed Dragons.

They're just too awesome to pass up ^_^

Eon Chao
1st February 2006, 9:47 AM
Chaos Command Magician, Silent Swordsman and Silent Magician. I just love the way the images look.

Alfonso
1st February 2006, 11:39 AM
Mine would probably be Insect Queen and Insect Princess. It fits in with my way of dueling... use the opponent's monsters to benefit me.

WaterTrainer243
1st February 2006, 1:29 PM
^Then I'm guessing you've got cards like Snatch n' Steal, Change of Heart, Brain control, etc. in your deck as well as a whole bunch of insect cards right?

Anyhoo, another one of my favorite cards is Hard Armor, and not because of how weak it is. Mainly because it looks cool.

ZOMBIE!
1st February 2006, 1:35 PM
Harpies *shock horror*...
I also like the Amazoness ^^;...
I know... sad =P

Alfonso
1st February 2006, 1:37 PM
^Then I'm guessing you've got cards like Snatch n' Steal, Change of Heart, Brain control, etc. in your deck as well as a whole bunch of insect cards right?

No Change of Heart of Brain Control. I play Advanced, so no Change of Heart. I have Snatch Steal. What I meant by using my opponent's card to my advantage was their abilities.

Insect Queen powers up by 200 for every Insect on the field, including your opponent's. With DNA Surgery, everything on the field is turned into an Insect.

Insect Princess changes all face-up Insect type monsters on your opponent's side of the field into Attack mode. She also gets 500 extra ATK for every Insect type monster she destroys. (Again, DNA Surgery.)

And turning everything into Insects means that I can play Insect Barrier.

ZOMBIE!
1st February 2006, 1:40 PM
No Change of Heart of Brain Control. I play Advanced, so no Change of Heart. I have Snatch Steal. What I meant by using my opponent's card to my advantage was their abilities.

Insect Queen powers up by 200 for every Insect on the field, including your opponent's. With DNA Surgery, everything on the field is turned into an Insect.

Insect Princess changes all face-up Insect type monsters on your opponent's side of the field into Attack mode. She also gets 500 extra ATK for every Insect type monster she destroys. (Again, DNA Surgery.)

Wow... thats really good ^^.
I dont play anymore so I know nothing =P

Monkey D. Luffy
1st February 2006, 2:22 PM
I dunno... Maybe my Silent Sowrdsman Lv.5 or Elemental Hero Thunder Giant or Elemental Hero Rampart Blaster or End of Anubis, manly because they lok good...hehe
But for good strategy and all, I like my Great Maju Garzett, My Enemy Control (Since there's no more Hcange of Heart), I love my United we Stand, and my Gilford the Lightning...

WaterTrainer243
1st February 2006, 2:51 PM

You would definitely give Weevil a run for his money. I bet you'd beat his cheating butt as easily as Joey and Yugi did.

Alfonso
1st February 2006, 3:13 PM
You would definitely give Weevil a run for his money. I bet you'd beat his cheating butt as easily as Joey and Yugi did.

Weevil only really cheated once, and that was against Joey. (Where he got that kid to put Parasite Paracide in his deck.) Throwing Exodia overboard was just being a bit of a d*ck, and in the Japanese version, he didn't steal the Duelist Kingdom rules: He was given them by Pegasus.

Using the Seal of Oricalcos is also technically not cheating, as it's just another card. Insanely powerful. But still a card.

Both Yugi and Joey strugged to beat Weevil in their duels. Yugi only just won in their final duel, and only because Weevil had used Infestation to lower Breaker's attack low enough for him to use Beserker Soul. As for Joey, Gearfried being immune to being turned into a Insect was just some made up rule. :<

~RaikouRider243~
1st February 2006, 4:47 PM
Gaia the Dragon Champion. It's not that the card is powerful...it's just such a cool creature. The original dragonrider. Another one didn't appear until Magician's Force.

Phaedra
1st February 2006, 10:31 PM
I've always had a certain fondness for Nimble Momonga... it's a nice little deck thinning card and one of the few semi-playable cards that can restore your Life Points (the other being Snatch Steal).

onix lord
2nd February 2006, 5:19 AM
I personally like Elemental Hero Necroshade as my favorite. The design is so cool and I often find myself just staring at it blankly as i'm about to play it. Next to the would be my Ultimate Insect lv 7, because it's the base of my insect deck and a really cool looking card.

Jupetta
2nd February 2006, 5:48 AM
I personally like Elemental Hero Necroshade as my favorite. The design is so cool and I often find myself just staring at it blankly as i'm about to play it.
Yeah, Dark monsters tend to be amazing. That is why they are my favorites.

(((Kuwagata Kross)))
2nd February 2006, 2:15 PM
My all-time fave is Cybernetic Magician...It's so cool...Pretty good...

Silver Ryu
5th February 2006, 10:11 PM
My favorite is Aqua Spirit. She's pretty, I like water, and her effect is useful.

I also like Wingweaver, Mystical Elf, both Luster Dragons, Levia Dragon, all the Charmers, Element Magician, and Petit Dragon. (I have Petit Dragon in my deck just because it's so cute.)

NEO GOHAN
18th February 2006, 4:43 AM
Mine are Allied Forces, Command Knight, and BLS. BLS because he rocks and others hate him for it (darn them and their banning :< ), and the others cause they really beef up my warrior decks. (I wonder why A. Forces didn't make the structure deck, at least not here in th US? I have one from LOD, but it's in poor health, and I could use some in better condition...)

WaterTrainer243
18th February 2006, 5:13 AM
Mine are Allied Forces, Command Knight, and BLS. BLS because he rocks and others hate him for it (darn them and their banning :< ), and the others cause they really beef up my warrior decks. (I wonder why A. Forces didn't make the structure deck, at least not here in th US? I have one from LOD, but it's in poor health, and I could use some in better condition...)
I know what you mean, it's the same with my favorite card, Sword Hunter. My A. Forces is in somewhat good condition, but it's still a good card. I'm a little upset it didn't make that structure deck either. Not everybody hates Black Luster Soldier; but it all depends on which one you're referring to, Envoy of the Beginning or the ritual monster?

RedMoogleXIII
18th February 2006, 7:13 PM
I really liked King Dragun and Fusilier Dragon, The Dual Mode Beast
Though Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6 and Dark Hole is very nice

Kaiba666
19th February 2006, 6:00 PM
My favorite card is the "Blue-eyes White Dragon" he is crazy awsome!! ;249-d;

NEO GOHAN
19th February 2006, 6:18 PM
I know what you mean, it's the same with my favorite card, Sword Hunter. My A. Forces is in somewhat good condition, but it's still a good card. I'm a little upset it didn't make that structure deck either. Not everybody hates Black Luster Soldier; but it all depends on which one you're referring to, Envoy of the Beginning or the ritual monster?
BLS-EotB. His effect rocks, and the people who can't get it hate him for it... (sucks for them 8P)

WaterTrainer243
19th February 2006, 7:06 PM
Well that's understandable; it's effect is a very difficult one to avoid (unless someone uses Skill Drain). Other than that it is a good card as any.