PDA

View Full Version : Most Useless card in YGO

Love Hina Fan
29th January 2006, 9:11 PM
What do you guys think is the most useless card in YGO? My vote goes to Larvae Moth. Seriously, if someone summoned that on me, I'd shoot my self.

PS Don't say Shapesnatch because you will be proven wrong.

The Requiem
29th January 2006, 10:09 PM
Yay for shapesnatch and his morphyness.

Yeah, so my vote goes to harpie girl, only b/c Larvae Moth looks too much like needle worm to be useless.

Plus, you can morph Larvae moth into Fusionist.

What beats fusionist man? Magikarp? I think not.

Jupetta
30th January 2006, 2:25 AM
Level 2- monsters are good for Human Wave Tactics so they aren't that bad, my vote is for Morinfen.
;354;~Dark Magician~;354;

The Requiem
30th January 2006, 7:02 AM
1 star monsters are superior, though, for the tactics, Skull Servant especially.

Morinphen can be just as playable as shapesnatch, so I dont know.

Joshua - Shadow Brigadier
30th January 2006, 7:51 AM
Gonna have to say Ryu-Ran, IMO.

Horrible attack for a 2 tribute monster, plus no real support...

Joshua

zeppelin
30th January 2006, 8:38 AM
harpies feather duster
youl be kicked out the tourny just for having it in your deck

Skrusti
30th January 2006, 9:02 AM
Hmm...Gather your Mind. The only thing it is "useful" for is thinning your deck, which most people don't bother with nowadays.

Deathborn_606
30th January 2006, 9:05 AM
Hmm...Gather your Mind. The only thing it is "useful" for is thinning your deck, which most people don't bother with nowadays.

Ditto. I mean why even make the card anyway.

Shadow the Hedgehog
30th January 2006, 3:42 PM
Gather your mind is also used to get spell counters. Useless now that Toon Table of Contents has been released. Faster thinning and you can end with Toon Cannon Soldier.

hi 5
30th January 2006, 3:47 PM
Garnecia Elefantis 2400ATK for a two tribute monster....Come on!

~RaikouRider243~
30th January 2006, 6:05 PM
For a creature, probably Thousand-Eyes Idol. Why would anyone want to use a 0/0 creature that does nothing?

For a spell/trap, definitely Gather Your Mind. TToC thins and it thins faster. You can also get a Toon GAF or something with it.

Aquadon
30th January 2006, 9:23 PM
For a creature, probably Thousand-Eyes Idol. Why would anyone want to use a 0/0 creature that does nothing?

For a spell/trap, definitely Gather Your Mind. TToC thins and it thins faster. You can also get a Toon GAF or something with it.
TEI can be morphed, not to mention TER Fusion meterial (why someone would actually fuse it though is beyond me...)

For creatures, I'd go with Larvae Moth, becuase it's pretty much a Level 2 Nomi with no good effect.

As for Spell/Traps go, a pretty useless card known as Heirolyth(sp.?) Lithograph came out in PGD, taking the slot of "Most Useless Spell."

Praetor
30th January 2006, 10:50 PM
turtle tiger
any other card ive seen has more uses including harpy lady and shapesnatch

Super Aipom
31st January 2006, 12:26 AM
Any ritual spell card only when you don't have the monster. Graverobber is also lame. This one fake i have called Pegasus. Pay 100 LP to select a card in your deck... that's it.

Love Hina Fan
31st January 2006, 4:24 AM
No monster is more useless than Larvae Moth. None. It is a LV2 initial SS monster with no effect and 500/400. As far as Spell/Trap, it's definately Hieroglyph Lithograph.

BTW, Morinphen cannot be recruited, therefore it is inferior to Shapesnatch.

Pika Hikari KT
3rd February 2006, 4:15 AM
I'd have to go with Thousand-Eyes Idol. Yes, it's one of the requirements for Thousand-Eyes Restrict; but other than that, friggin' useless. No effect, and it is stripped of Attack and Defense(yep: 0/0).:o There is some Weenie Rush support for him...but who'd want to put him in a Gravity Bind deck not including his Fusion?;) There are also a few Fusions that are quite useless, but I can't think of any right now.:p

^^Yoshinichi^^
3rd February 2006, 4:31 AM
Well,I wont mention any LOB cards cause that was the first set when * to **** star cards had lower attack but any monster that takes control of a certain type. The charmers aren't that bad but their still weak. Enemy Controller and Brain Control are much easier to use and I'm pretty sure you need to keep those kinda monsters on the field for their effects to remain active. I'm sorry, but I dont wanna summon stronger monsters and use precious equipment cards just to keep some weak knight riding a dragon wannabe and a monster that will probably be destroyed ASAP.

Alfonso
3rd February 2006, 2:50 PM
Garnecia Elefantis 2400ATK for a two tribute monster....Come on!

Ryu-Ran, Serpent Night Dragon, Gaia the Fierce Knight and Red Eyes Black Dragon all say 'sup'.

Eon Chao
3rd February 2006, 4:46 PM
Chaos Emperor Dragon :P

Gonna go with Larva Moth as it sucks big time.

Swampy
3rd February 2006, 6:04 PM
I agree with larva moth. He looks so close to needle worm, couldn't he have gotten some strength? :P Blah, oh well.

(((Kuwagata Kross)))
3rd February 2006, 10:39 PM
Well, the worst card in my opinion is Infernal Incinerator.
Just read it's effect:
Name: Infernal Incinerator
Level: 6
Atribute: Fire
Type: Fiend
ATK: 2800
DEF: 1800
Effect: This card can only be summoned or set by discarding all cards in your hand to the graveyard except this card, as well as tributing 1 card with ATK 2000 or higher from your side of the field. Increase the ATK of this card by 200 points for each monster on your opponent's side of the field. Decrease the ATK of this card by 500 points for each monster on your side of the field, except this card.
When I first got it in a pack I was "What the hell?! One Tribute for 2800?! It's got to have a catch!" and it most certainly does...the worst effect ever... And I really liked the art, I needed a good fiend and a good fire monster...And now I have 5 of these "cards"...oh well...

Humph...
5th February 2006, 5:52 AM
Boar soldier. barely can survive and it's not much help anyway.

Raito
5th February 2006, 5:56 AM
I know a dude's whose last name is Higgenbotham.

Shien's Spy and the Lithograph thing.

Creature Swap and Mystic Box do Spy's job much better. Morinphen probably honestly does suck but Gadget Soldier is the worst! Don't get me started on Traps.

-JDB-

Slypher
5th February 2006, 7:28 AM
Boar Soldier, I hate that card with a passion. Along with all the rituals in the Magic Ruler set, excluding Relinquish, and most of the cards in the Legend of Blue Eyes set.

zeppelin
5th February 2006, 11:26 AM
fusionist
youre giving up 3 cards for somethig crap

Twitch
5th February 2006, 2:04 PM
;227; Nuvia the Wicked. If it's Normal Summoned, it's destroyed, and for each Monster your opponent has it loses 200 ATK. Plus its horrid DEF. It's also ugly.
I mean, who's going to use a Monster that destroys itself if Normal Summoned and lowers ATK for each Monster the opponent has?

TEI is good for stalling your opponent if you don't have any good Monsters in your hand.

Orion Skyknight
5th February 2006, 3:47 PM
I would think any monster with 5 or more stars that has less than 2000 ATK and no effect.

Ill list some:

Leogun
Morninphen
Leo Wizard
Bolt Escargot
Dark Witch
and alot more............

And then cards like Astral Barrier and Absolute End.You can use them to protect your monster(s) but its not exactly any better if its a direct attack to your lifepoints

Nylf
5th February 2006, 4:18 PM
Worst card I own? Gaia The Fierce Knight. More like nitwit.

Worst card ever? Almost any monster that requires a sacrifice or two for low attack.

Garnecia Elefantis
Serpent Knight Dragon
Gaia The Fierce Knight(Swift Gaia saved this card's name)
Ryu-Ran
Hyozenryu(Millenium Shield owns this card)
Morinphen
Monster Cannon
Need I go on?

The only exception is Red-Eyes. It's got enough support to make up for the 2400 attack.

Celebi60
5th February 2006, 7:20 PM
Burning Algae is to be one of the useless cards ever its only good for your opponet.

Jupetta
5th February 2006, 8:52 PM
^Uh... no, ever hear of Bad Reaction to Simochi.

And then cards like Astral Barrier and Absolute End.You can use them to protect your monster(s) but its not exactly any better if its a direct attack to your lifepoints

Two words... Spirit Barrier

BobDoily
7th February 2006, 8:02 PM
Larvae Moth, end of story

CRAZY WACKO DUDE
12th February 2006, 2:00 PM
Why hasn't anybody mentioned Hiroglyph Lithograph, 1000 LP for Extra card? Only really useful use is cannon fodder.

Jupetta
13th February 2006, 6:25 AM
As for Spell/Traps go, a pretty useless card known as Heirolyth(sp.?) Lithograph came out in PGD, taking the slot of "Most Useless Spell."

It has been mentioned...

Teehee
13th February 2006, 7:50 AM
Useless Monster-ANY monster that requires two or MORE tributes and has an atk less than 2800. I'm sorry, but there are 1 tribute monsters that do better overall. Hell-Injection Fairy Lily does nicely backed with up Messenger of Peace and Gravity Bind.

Useless Magic/Spell-Raigeki Like Harpie's Feather Duster, this can't be used anymore, making it useless unless you're a collector.

Useless Trap-Gryphon's Wing I am surprised NO ONE mentioned this card. Only used in conjunction WITH HFD, it WOULD destroy your opponent's cards instead.

Useless Fusion-Flame Ghost Hey-1000 atk! no effect? Ah crap! If there's worse, let me know...

Useless Ritual-Performance of Sword/Hungry Burger Ok their attack is uh... pathetic compared to Zaborg, Mobius, and the other Monarchs. Giga Gagagigo, Terrorfish Shark, etc. These monsters clock in at 2400/2450. I suppose the Special Summoning helps, but you can do a lot better.

zeppelin
13th February 2006, 9:57 AM
a more worthless fusion would be fusionist

Silver Ryu
13th February 2006, 12:07 PM
Yeah, Fusionist is crap. It's actually worse than one of the cards needed to create it. 0_o

~RaikouRider243~
13th February 2006, 4:59 PM
I actually got a chance to play Fusionist once. I had a level 3 monster out and my opponent was playing Gaia Power. *Morph*

ZOMG 1400 ATK FUSIONIST LOLZ

'Course, this was before morph was limited. :/

The Last Sunrise
14th February 2006, 3:59 PM
It just has to be slot machine. 7 star monster for something with 2000 attack and 2300 defence, yea, that helps

~RaikouRider243~
14th February 2006, 5:42 PM
It just has to be slot machine. 7 star monster for something with 2000 attack and 2300 defence, yea, that helps

...Come to think of it, yeah. Ryu-Ran's better than that card, lol.

Recently, Chthonian Polymer's pretty bad, too. Since when will you ever run into a deck that will let you use such a card?

Alfonso
15th February 2006, 12:21 AM
Hungry Burger is a great card. I mean, it's one of the very few YGO cards that makes you smile.

It's a burger, and it's hungry. ;D

Alakazam
15th February 2006, 1:10 AM
The worst is Basic Insect. There is NOTHING to do with it. 500 attack, 700 defence and no fusion.

Love Hina Fan
15th February 2006, 1:28 AM
The worst is Basic Insect. There is NOTHING to do with it. 500 attack, 700 defence and no fusion.
Larvae Moth has 500 attack and 400 denfense, and is initial SS, it's worse.

Jupetta
15th February 2006, 6:31 AM
I think that it also works with Human-Wave Tactics and all of the Level 2- junk...

FunchmasterFlex
19th February 2006, 8:34 PM
I think the worst card is Dark Scorpion Combination. Not only is it incredibly situational, it also makes your monsters weaker when they direct attack. You need six cards to do 2000 damage and get a few decent effects.

Jupetta
19th February 2006, 10:25 PM
^Not Really... the effects would wreak havoc on your opponent, even if it is situational.

Ka-Ris
21st February 2006, 3:00 AM
Hmm...

Any 5-6 Level Monster with an attack lower than 2400 with no effect. (Battle Steer is a good example)

Any weakass monster that is not associated in a fusion (Skull Servant anyone?)

Mucus Yolk. Without using a card like Negate attack to defend it once it attacks (with a Spell that increases attack), it is useless.

The Little Swordsman of Aile. It has 800 ATK, and sacrifice a monster on your side of the field to increase it's ATK by 700. WOW I GOTZ A MONSTER WITH 1500 ATK NOWZ! Yeah I know it's from Metal Raiders, but it was one of the only ones I could come up with.

Wall Shadow. You sacrifice a Level 5 monster (Labrynth Wall) with no ATK and 3000 DEF when equipped with a useless card (Magical Labyrinth) and you just Special Summoned a Monster with the same DEF but with 1600 ATK. I know it's from Magic/Spell Ruler, but please.

Dark Maltos
21st February 2006, 3:11 AM
Any weakass monster that is not associated in a fusion (Skull Servant anyone?)

Uhh, no, Skull Servant is not complete crap. Mind you king of the Skull Servants? Though, yes, before King of the Skull Servants came out(I beleive thats it's name), Skull Servant was utterly useless..

As for me, the most useless card would be ...Well, I dunno, unable to thnk of one at the moment.

gs135790
21st February 2006, 3:19 AM
The most useless trap card is definately Gryphon Wing. -When your opponent activates "Harpies Feather Duster", all of your opponent's Magic and Trap cards are destroyed in place of your own.- Has Anyone ever used this card? Probably not. Will anyone ever use it? Probably Not.

Dark Maltos
21st February 2006, 3:32 AM
The most useless trap card is definately Gryphon Wing. -When your opponent activates "Harpies Feather Duster", all of your opponent's Magic and Trap cards are destroyed in place of your own.- Has Anyone ever used this card? Probably not. Will anyone ever use it? Probably Not.

I'd say there are worse traps. It is pretty bad, though. COmpletely USELESS in ADvanced, and in Traditional, your using a situational card waiting for a situation for your opponent to use a limited card. <_<

FireKero!
23rd February 2006, 4:57 AM
There is no useless card in YGo. They all have there purpose. And that's why Cost Down and Final Countdown was created.

But the most mindless cards in this game is a tie between Mobius The Frost Monarch, and raigeki. These cards are uberless and anyone who uses them, traditional or advance, can't think for themselves.

And Dark Maltos post here @ Serebii? WURD!

Jupetta
23rd February 2006, 7:50 AM
^I don't think that it is the same Dark Maltos from Pojo, I know this guy from other forums.
~;354;

umbreon43085
26th February 2006, 3:56 AM
Any ojama. Just... worthless. I have a chazz prinston deck and, it ruined me...

skiboydoggy
3rd March 2006, 8:51 AM
Erm... Let me think...
Any card that is not Flash Assailant? Nah...
Anyway, I have little experience with YGO, and I would say the Mask of Shine and Darkness... A ritual that involves sacrificing Mask of Darkness, a decent card, and TWO other monsters for a 2400 ATK monster? A Ritual card at that... Ack.

Monkey D. Luffy
3rd March 2006, 11:01 PM
I think the worst monster card is crawling dragon 1 sacrifice to a monster that has atk 1600 and def 1400

DragonDance
3rd March 2006, 11:45 PM
2 Pronged Attack. So gay.