PDA

View Full Version : Ashs Bird Pokemon. (Pigeotto/Pigeot, Noctowl, and Swellow!)

Psydaquil
30th January 2006, 5:38 AM
I was just wondering, but does anyone else really love Ashs birds?

I think they are great and are in the eps alot when they have to bust Team Rockets ballons.

My least favorite was pigetto because he really never used it in battle and it didn;t get alot of attention, then it evolves and he tells it he will be back for it and he never returns for it.

Noctowl was an improvment by far. It battle more espically its one Gym battle, agaist the Ghosts. It was shiny which made it all the cooler.

Swellow got far more attention than the other 2. The others really didn't have much of a personallity, but Swellow does. Ash spent time with it and trained it and taught it Aerical Ace. I think when it was a Talliow it was cool too.

Cant decide if i like Non or Swell better. But if i had to say it would be swellow. So does anyone else really liek Ashs bird pokemon like I do, and which one do u like the best?

.Person.
30th January 2006, 5:46 AM
I like the Pigyot thingy. I think it's cool that It's fast.
If you think... Ash left out all of his pokemon. Besids the basic starter pokemon.

Also... Didn't he say he would return to see Charzard, but never did.That's bad!

Kabuto
30th January 2006, 6:03 AM
Swellow is the coolest.

Marz
30th January 2006, 6:09 AM
Gooooo Swellow all the way I absolutely love it! I think thats because I turned on the TV and watched like 3 episodes of it.

Heracross
30th January 2006, 6:11 AM
It really is a shame that the writers didn't know what to do with Satoshi's bird pokémon before Oosubame came around. I think Pigeot had the potential to be every bit as awesome as Oosubame if only they had given it a chance. Even Yorunozuku, who was a vast improvement from Pigeot's shaftage, was only used in two important battles. :/

CyberCubed
30th January 2006, 6:12 AM
Also... Didn't he say he would return to see Charzard, but never did.That's bad!

Yeah, that's why Charizard constantly shows up at least once a region. -_-

Aptenodytes
30th January 2006, 6:19 AM
Swellow got a lot more attention that Pidgeotto, but he did spend a lot of time with Noctowl. My favorite would be Noctowl because it unique and has a cool psychic attack in the anime ^.^

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
30th January 2006, 10:20 AM
Noctowl has always been my favourate.

Oh and about the Ash-Pidgeot thing, Ash has hardly ever kept a promise..... so never trust Ash

Lupin
30th January 2006, 1:50 PM
My least favorite was pigetto because he really never used it in battle and it didn;t get alot of attention, then it evolves and he tells it he will be back for it and he never returns for it.

Before Ash got Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle, Pidgeotto was Ash's strongest pokemon and he used it in his first two badges.

And he did get it out practically every episode to "Blow away Smokescreen" or "pop Team Rockets" baloon.

High Commander Solomon
30th January 2006, 2:56 PM
Pideotto was pretty cool, although it needed some more personality. Same for Noctowl.

kennychan007
30th January 2006, 3:10 PM
Noctowl and Swellow are the best bird pokemons as I think.

Noctowl use psycological attack to fight ghost pokemon. He was a psycologic and normal bird pokemon. He is an owl, the sign of IQ.

Swellow are more attractive and strong

ghost master
30th January 2006, 4:44 PM
Yeah, that's why Charizard constantly shows up at least once a region. -_-Besides Hoenn.
I dont really have a favorite. Noctowl was awesome due to its confusion and it was pretty intelligent. Pidgeot was awesome and I like the more wind based attacks like gust and whirlwind. Swellow has a good eletric immunity and is pretty physically strong.

Crystal Clair
30th January 2006, 5:24 PM
Hmm, what's my absolute, true favorite?
Oh yeah, it's Pidgeotto.
I really liked Pidgeotto from the colors of the feathers, to that red main to those beautiful eyes. I also liked it's cry both anime and game. Noctowl comes in very close and so does Taillow/Swellow because Taillow's 00ber kawaii and Swellow's so handsome.
Omg, I think I like birds..... in that no-no sort of way. O_O

Arrow
30th January 2006, 5:30 PM
For some reason, owls don't really appeal to me. Forked-tailed birds look cool if viewed from an angle, and Pidgeotto looks cool no matter how you view him. XD

ChaosMage
30th January 2006, 5:51 PM
I was just wondering, but does anyone else really love Ashs birds?

Ash pulled? Since when?

Evanji Axu
30th January 2006, 9:53 PM
Hmm, what's my absolute, true favorite?
Oh yeah, it's Pidgeotto.
I really liked Pidgeotto from the colors of the feathers, to that red main to those beautiful eyes. I also liked it's cry both anime and game. Noctowl comes in very close and so does Taillow/Swellow because Taillow's 00ber kawaii and Swellow's so handsome.
Omg, I think I like birds..... in that no-no sort of way. O_O

Yes! Finally someone else who likes Pidgeotto!

Since I stopped watching halfway through Kanto, I'd say Pidgeotto, which happens to be tied for second favorite Pokemon with Mightyena (I had a female in Crystal and have a male in XD)

Komedic Konservationist
30th January 2006, 10:05 PM
Noctowl and Swellow are both equally cool, but if I had to choose between them, then Noctowl.
Pidgeotto is nice to an extent, but I absolutley despise Pidgeot..

Yamato-san
30th January 2006, 11:19 PM
Before Ash got Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle, Pidgeotto was Ash's strongest pokemon and he used it in his first two badges.

And he did get it out practically every episode to "Blow away Smokescreen" or "pop Team Rockets" baloon.

It's true. Pigeon was used quite a bit, but then Satoshi went and got those three little limelight wh*res known as the starters. Since then, Pigeon's battle performance decreased dramatically, only coming out for tasks like balloon-popping or whatever. Yorunozuku seemed to be in an even worse state. Since Satoshi got it after the have-to-be-advertised starters (as much as I liked them better than the Kantou equivalents), it barely got much opportunity to do anything whatsoever. A shame considering its potential, being one of Satoshi's most clever Pokemon, having quite an advantage against ghost-types due to the help of Foresight, and Satoshi's only Pokemon with Psychic techniques.

But wasted potential or not, I still think Oosubame blows both of them right out of the water. Aside from being very strong and getting quite a battle record, he also looks pretty stylish, and I friggin love his Japanese voice.

Chris
31st January 2006, 1:22 AM
Oh and about the Ash-Pidgeot thing, Ash has hardly ever kept a promise..... so never trust Ash
y halo thar Lapras and Yogirasu. 8D

Freakshow
31st January 2006, 1:36 AM
Noctowl is too hot to leave off. I mean, its shiny.

But what catches me is his swellow. It can resist Thunderbolts

Chris
31st January 2006, 1:41 AM
Why does everyone confuse these things? It doesn't resist them. It has better endurance against it. It's still weak to electricity, it's just strong enough to endure it longer.

ESE
31st January 2006, 3:26 PM
It's true. Pigeon was used quite a bit, but then Satoshi went and got those three little limelight wh*res known as the starters. Since then, Pigeon's battle performance decreased dramatically, only coming out for tasks like balloon-popping or whatever. Yorunozuku seemed to be in an even worse state. Since Satoshi got it after the have-to-be-advertised starters (as much as I liked them better than the Kantou equivalents), it barely got much opportunity to do anything whatsoever. A shame considering its potential, being one of Satoshi's most clever Pokemon, having quite an advantage against ghost-types due to the help of Foresight, and Satoshi's only Pokemon with Psychic techniques.

But wasted potential or not, I still think Oosubame blows both of them right out of the water. Aside from being very strong and getting quite a battle record, he also looks pretty stylish, and I friggin love his Japanese voice.
Why some peoples love to stupidly use the japanese names of the Pokémons and confuse the peoples who don't know them is beyond me ¬_¬

crawdauntpro
31st January 2006, 7:47 PM
Me: -
Pidgeot
Swellow
Noctowl

Chris
31st January 2006, 8:43 PM
Why some peoples love to stupidly use the japanese names of the Pokémons and confuse the peoples who don't know them is beyond me ¬_¬
Same can be said about the people using English names, which came AFTER the Japanese ones. :) God forbid no one can use the names they're more familiar or comfortable with.

ESE
31st January 2006, 9:24 PM
Same can be said about the people using English names, which came AFTER the Japanese ones. :) God forbid no one can use the names they're more familiar or comfortable with.
The thing is, we don't live in Japan. So the japanese isn't our main language. Therefore we all know the Pokémons by their english names, and not all of us are nerds enough to memorize all the japanese names _-_

Chris
1st February 2006, 2:03 AM
We all know? Way to forget that not everyone watches or plays the English games or anime. :) And in case you weren't aware, we do have folks who visit or stay in Japan that come to this forum. Not everyone here speaks primarily English, either.

Nerds enough to know the Japanese names yet you're not a nerd for memorizing the English names. Right. We have a list that's STICKIED in this very forum with a conversion table.

Quit your whining and get back on topic.

RaikousThunder
1st February 2006, 2:43 AM
The thing is, we don't live in Japan. So the japanese isn't our main language. Therefore we all know the Pokémons by their english names, and not all of us are nerds enough to memorize all the japanese names _-_
Um some people like to use the Japanese names for characters and pokemon. Even if the main language on this site is English epople from all over the world come here. A bunch of people follow the Japanese anime more than the dub since the original is 'better'. The can use the names they want to use. Go use the English/Japanese reference thread if it bugs you so much. I've learned a bunch of Japanese pokemon names from coming on here. I use the English ones though since i like them and its what im used to. If youre confused about the names here
Pidgeon = Pidgeotto
Yorunozuku = Noctowl
Oosubame = Swellow
------
Ok on topic here. I meant to reply to this a few days ago. My favorite one would be Taillow/Swellow since i think he's totally cool. I love his personality and Swellow has such a cool design. The best part was its determination to stand up to Pikachu's Electric attacks as a Taillow. I also really enjoyed Pidgeotto while he was on Ash's team. He had a great bond with Ash and, i think, was one of his best pokemon. I would have liked to see Pidgeot in more action. It would have been cooler if it evolved sooner so we could have seen it do more things. Pidgeot had the potential to be an uber pokemon for Ash and would have given him another fully evolved 3 stager, which people seem to like. Noctowl was a cool pokemon too and the fact that it was a shiny was great too. Noctowl was different from the other two Flying pokemon. Pidgeotto and Swellow were all about speed, Noctowl wasnt the most speedy pokemon but he had good attacks and was a smart pokemon. Ash should definetly use Noctowl again in battle and let it show off its stuff again and maybe some new attacks.

ESE
1st February 2006, 4:13 AM
We all know? Way to forget that not everyone watches or plays the English games or anime. :) And in case you weren't aware, we do have folks who visit or stay in Japan that come to this forum. Not everyone here speaks primarily English, either.
The english names are used in all the world except in Japan and Brazil, and maybe some other country. But even the spanish uses them. Most of the users here speak english or spanish, and very few are from Japan. Therefore you fail :p

Nerds enough to know the Japanese names yet you're not a nerd for memorizing the English names. Right.
The point is: I'm not nerd enough to memorize the names of the Pokémon in TWO different languages ¬_¬

We have a list that's STICKIED in this very forum with a conversion table.
Sorry, but I don't will always be in the mood to go check the list everytime that someone decides to use the japese names only because he thinks that it makes him cool. I will rather skip his post.

Um some people like to use the Japanese names for characters and pokemon. Even if the main language on this site is English epople from all over the world come here. A bunch of people follow the Japanese anime more than the dub since the original is 'better'. The can use the names they want to use
But Pokémon isn't a anime, Pokémon is a VIDEOGAME. Everyone here plays versions of the game that uses the english names. Many peoples get imported versions of Japan, but they sold them once the game come the America (or wherever is the place that they live), or simply forget them and use the translated versions. And is obvious that Yamato-San knew the english names too (heck, they were in the title of the topic), but used the japanese names because he thinks that he sounds cool that way.

Flamez
1st February 2006, 4:35 AM
Ok i have no right to jump in here ESE but ofcourse i will :p. Yamato-san doesnt use japanese names because he thinks he sounds cool, he just feels comfortable with that, like u may feel comfortable with english names. If it really bothers you that much then just dont read those posts. Besides Yamato-san is cool without using japanese names, lol.

Anways back to the topic, Swellow is damn good. Ever since it evolved i've been a hugh fan of it. We pretty much never see ash training it anymore which i hate, but still it can get in a battle and beat some as*.
Pidgeot i loved and as someone else said it had the potential of being as good as swellow.

RaikousThunder
1st February 2006, 4:50 AM
The english names are used in all the world except in Japan and Brazil, and maybe some other country. But even the spanish uses them. Most of the users here speak english or spanish, and very few are from Japan. Therefore you fail :p

Nerds enough to know the Japanese names yet you're not a nerd for memorizing the English names. Right.
The point is: I'm not nerd enough to memorize the names of the Pokémon in TWO different languages ¬_¬

We have a list that's STICKIED in this very forum with a conversion table.
Sorry, but I don't will always be in the mood to go check the list everytime that someone decides to use the japese names only because he thinks that it makes him cool. I will rather skip his post.

Um some people like to use the Japanese names for characters and pokemon. Even if the main language on this site is English epople from all over the world come here. A bunch of people follow the Japanese anime more than the dub since the original is 'better'. The can use the names they want to use
But Pokémon isn't a anime, Pokémon is a VIDEOGAME. Everyone here plays versions of the game that uses the english names. Many peoples get imported versions of Japan, but they sold them once the game come the America (or wherever is the place that they live), or simply forget them and use the translated versions. And is obvious that Yamato-San knew the english names too (heck, they were in the title of the topic), but used the japanese names because he thinks that he sounds cool that way.
Pokemon isnt an anime? Where have you been? This is the Anime forum, not the videogame forum. Pokemon is an anime, a videogame and a manga and probably other things. Whats your big problem with people who like to use the original names of pokemon? Just complain to yourself so we dont have to deal with this SPAM.

Chris
1st February 2006, 6:53 AM
You fail for not knowing other countries, such as Germany, use different names. :) Just because you speak English doesn't mean you must only speak English names. Otherwise we're gonna have to rename all of our immagrants just so they have English names.

The point is no one's forcing you and generally anyone who uses the names are speaking in a context where the name automatically clicks with the description.

Who said anything about them thinking it's cool? You instafail in all of your arguments.

Serebii.Net Forums > Anime & Manga > Pokémon Animé Discussion > Ashs Bird Pokemon. (Pigeotto/Pigeot, Noctowl, and Swellow!)
INSTANT FAILURE.

Again, cut the crap and get back on topic. You have the ability to look it up. We're not going to conform to learning the English names again just so it's a conveniance for you. It's not like there aren't any resources to see and it doesn't even take you more than a minute to look them up. Quit trying to be a smartass about it and don't worry about what the other people do. When you start seeing complete Japanese typing, THEN you can complain.

PunxHaven
1st February 2006, 7:09 AM
[SIZE=1]Otherwise we're gonna have to rename all of our immagrants just so they have English names.

This doesn't happen? Our government has always encouraged (sometimes even forced) the Americanization of its immigrant candidates in every way possible, name included. They consider it a part of promoting and fostering an environment and social-dynamics-set-up that are conducive to the assimilation of said immigrants.

On the side, I'd just like to say that even though I'd prefer Pidgeot for the games, Swellow looks much sweeter. And considering that the anime's primary element is aesthetics, looking sweeter is enough to keep you on top. Oh yeah, and Noctowl is terrible.

Satoshi
2nd February 2006, 5:01 AM
I really liked Pigeon. Although it was very undersued and given the boot as soon as it evolved, it really kicked ***. Oosubame closely comes in second. If you think about it, it really came close to being a powerhouse, heck, (to me, anyways) it was a powerhouse. O_o;

Yorunozuku, even though it wasn't as ignored as Pigeon, didn't seem to do much. The only thing I ever saw it do was pop balloons, go on search, and be in some random battles.

I'm tired of people who stupidly add an s to words that are already plural. But do I complain? NO. ¬¬

pikachu146
2nd February 2006, 2:56 PM
Swellow did a good job in the hoenn league and beat a Shiny Swellow.
Pideot was good but Ash never came to take it back,and it didn't even beat one pokemon in the league.
Nowtowl only did well in the battle against the ghosts.
Overall,I like Swellow best.

Evanji Axu
3rd February 2006, 9:25 PM
I still don't get the purpose for using Japanese names when English ones will do. I can generally figure out the Pokemon in context, but when I can't I have to go look it up (I didn't know about the conversion thread until now) and it drives me CRAZY!

...And Ed, don't you dare get on my *ss AGAIN for this one.

crobatconey/leafeon lunatic
4th February 2006, 3:11 PM
i liked swellow the best because Ash for the first time caught his Bird Pokemon on the first evolution

HoennMaster
5th February 2006, 6:12 AM
I really love Noctowl & Swellow

Chris
5th February 2006, 6:35 AM
I still don't get the purpose for using Japanese names when English ones will do. I can generally figure out the Pokemon in context, but when I can't I have to go look it up (I didn't know about the conversion thread until now) and it drives me CRAZY!

...And Ed, don't you dare get on my *ss AGAIN for this one.
Again, because NOT EVERYONE WATCHES THE SAME LANGUAGE SHOW OR PLAYS THE SAME LANGUAGE GAMES. ¬¬ The way you react over Japanese names used is the same way some of us react towards dubbed episodes when English character names are mentioned and we have no idea who the hell you're speaking of.

Dr. MECha
5th February 2006, 7:18 AM
I going to say this for every japanesse name users on this forum. Pokemon Red and Green (originally called Pocket Monsters) was developed and first released in japan in 1996. Pokemon Red and Blue (based on an upgraded version back in japan) was released in the States in 1998. Some of us like to use the original japanesse names and terms in this forum mainly because of the origin in japan. Meaning some of us rather use names and terms that the original developers (GameFreak Inc.) gave us than the one we americans got (from NOA, PCOA, and 4Kids Entertainment).

In sort, if they uses Japanesse name instead of the english ones, then it best to go to the Japanesse/English term name sticky topic in the Anime department.

As for on topic, due to the fact that I stoped watching the anime altogether at the early Jouto saga, I'll had to say Pigeot. It was mainly because it did left with a bang (a highly evolutionary bang), and it was a bummer to see Ash let him go defend the flock due to the fact it was one of the most powerful flying type at the time.

Yamato-san
6th February 2006, 3:36 AM
well.... technically, Lizardon was his most powerful Flying-type at the time. I guess it would be an exception, though, considering its disobedience greatly hindered its useability in comparison to Satoshi's other Pokemon. But if you meant the most powerful flying-type in general, Onidrill (in spite of its anime portrayal), a three-headed ostrich, a sea serpent, a legendary trio, a fossil, and a dragon say "hello".

Mawile XD
8th February 2006, 1:15 AM
I don't care whether people use English or Japanese names. I just think that people should use whatever language they want. I personally think that Swellow is the best. Pidgeot left his team, (has anyone noticed that Ash releases most of his pokemon?) and Noctowl was pointless, so Swellow is kinda Ash's best bird.

Chris
8th February 2006, 1:50 AM
has anyone noticed that Ash releases most of his pokemon?
To date, he has not let a single one of his Pokémon free aside from Lapras. And only then, Lapras was going with its family like he promised he would do. Spear was the only one he truely gave complete ownership to.

OwlFan42
11th March 2006, 7:43 AM
noctowl rocks!!!!!

Chris
11th March 2006, 11:49 AM
Do not bump threads that have expired. In fact, your entire post was spam.