PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Emerald: The Interactive Map

Porygandrew
30th January 2006, 8:02 PM
I'm working on a project by myself in which I'm creating an interactive map you can click on and see what pokemon and trainers are on each route and things like that.

I'm wondering if people would be interested in using it. If so, then I'll post a sample route up to see what everyone thinks. Right now I'm working on route 102 and have it somewhat (70%?) completed. I plan on doing towns and caves/water, etc. I hope this will end up covering the entire game map.

For now, take a look at a sample picture below and tell me what you think.
The gray squares to the sides of the map will have information as you roll over various areas (such as the grass, water, or berry tree)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/drew2u/InteractiveMapSample.png

I actually still need some images/data, so anyone who could point me to where I can get those (such as experience gained from each trainer's pokemon, berry tree images, etc), I'd be extremely grateful.

Goldyoshi
31st January 2006, 12:06 AM
I think that would be great. :D For stuff like maps, go to the Spriter's Resource. As for experience and such, check a walkthrough on Gamefaqs...

Porygandrew
3rd February 2006, 3:18 PM
Ergh, I can't get the rollovers via mouse locations working all that well. I pretty much am probably going to have to redo most of it because of the coding I used, but I'll try to get it out asap. It's going to be in shockwave format when I upload it to the web.

Magma Leader Maxie
3rd February 2006, 4:24 PM
Nice idea!

I don't know how much time this took you, but thanks for making this. It's going to be very useful!

Did you say you were making this in Flash? You must be dedicated! I wonder how much the file is going to "weigh"...

Ejunknown
4th February 2006, 4:41 PM
Great idea. It would be a great help, and quite cool. Good luck! :D

lightspeed
5th February 2006, 3:34 PM
This is going to be very helpful if you complete it, I would love it, good luck.:)

Porygandrew
5th February 2006, 3:37 PM
thanks for all of the responses! Unortuately it's going to be a bit more complicated than I thought. >.<
I'm doing it in Director and not Flash because I know director more. Flash could be easier, but Director's more for downloading purposes.