PDA

View Full Version : Manga that you wish was an anime

MarcmenX
30th January 2006, 8:29 PM
was there ever a manga that you wish became an anime? For Me it's Pretty Face and D.Gray.Man

Oh, and Death Note... Maybe the anime would not be too exciting, but for some odd reason I feel it would have a kick-*** sound track >.>

HK
30th January 2006, 9:46 PM
was there ever a manga that you wish became an anime? For Me it's Pretty Face and D.Gray.Man

For Pretty Face is can be done, but it just hasn't been picked up by any animation studio yet. For D.Gray-man, once some more material is put out I think that there will be one... hopefully a lot of material, because I don't want to have to endure any filler arc such as what's going on with Naruto right now in Japan.

Oh, and Death Note... Maybe the anime would not be too exciting, but for some odd reason I feel it would have a kick-*** sound track >.>

Death Note wouldn't be too bad as an anime, but honestly, it is a little too dialogue heavy at certain parts (particuarly recent chapters in Part 2), so I can't honestly say that it would be good. It would definitely work as a movie, though, and I'm hopin' that the two Death Note movies that are coming out this summer in Japan turn out to be good (the casting should be... interesting).

Anyway, I swear if 20th Century Boys and Pluto (both done by the genius Naoki Urasawa) were turned into an anime series (straight adaption like it was with Monster), then that would be fuggin awesome. Might have to wait until the series is finished, though (ironically enough, also like how Monster was handled). What I've also seen of Blame!, that would be like... well, the world itself would have the epic feel with the way Tsutomu Hihei does his backgrounds.

I also wouldn't mind if Bastard!! had the series was put out entirely, not just the OVA series that was done. Oh, and even though I doubt that it would happen, if anime series for Blade of the Immortal and Vagabond were done... man, those would blow away any Rurouni Kenshin fanboy.

Then again, all of the anime series that I wouldn't mind seeing animated need to have more material out before they would be attempted on, considering that filler material create in the anime can bring down a series.

On one more final note, I also know that this is seriously impossible, but to someday see an OVA series of Berserk would just fuggin own.

That Scary Clefairy
30th January 2006, 11:39 PM
Actually there is a Blame! anime. and it even out in US. LOL .....mr. "now-it-all"

Anyway with Berserk, I would rule it out since there is a slight chance for it to be made again, but an OVA wouldn't work for Berserk mainly because Berserk is a long series and OVA are usually work for short series or the fact that most OVA are short. If they did make Berserk an OVA, it would been a certain arc or some thing as they would cover everything. This is the reason Bastard! OVA only cover the first arc and didn't go on or even complete the rest.

Blade of Immortal would be great, though imo I wouldn't want it be animated. the way animes are now with digital color and computers, it wouldn't work out with to match Hiroaki Samura's sketchy drawings.

Death Note anime would be good since they can get the same animation company that animated Hikaru no Go. Yes, it is crazy with the diologue, but then again so is Evagelion where you don't know what the hell is going on.

Pretty face would be nice to get anime especially the facial expression. D. Gray man is great also but I would hold back untill the manga is far enough for an anime to come out.

Rurouni Kenshin deserve another tv series for so the Jinchu arc can be animated. Speaking of SJ titles, there an annoucement on ANN that Gintama well become a tv series. I read the manga and it interesting and funny. check it out if you haven't already. It's a SJ title. here a description:

Sakata Gintoki is a samurai living in an era when samurai are no longer needed. To add to his troubles, oppressive aliens have moved in. Gintoki lives with Kagura and Shinpachi, taking on odd jobs to make the world a better place... and to pay their rent.

Last but not least, Double Cross should defiently get animated. And I'll make sure THAT will happen. ;)

Chris
30th January 2006, 11:45 PM
Meh, I personally think Death Note would work better as live action, rather than anime. The way it's designed and drawn out looks like it could be better done in live action. :\ I just can't imagine it as being a standard looking anime.

Brinstar
30th January 2006, 11:56 PM
I would love to see a D.Gray-Man anime, hopefully with some great artwork that really portrays what the artist is trying to get across.

HK
30th January 2006, 11:57 PM
Actually there is a Blame! anime. and it even out in US. LOL .....mr. "now-it-all"

I never claimed to know it all. Only that I knew everything except that there is a Blame! anime out. :D

Anyway with Berserk, I would rule it out since there is a slight chance for it to be made again, but an OVA wouldn't work for Berserk mainly because Berserk is a long series and OVA are usually work for short series or the fact that most OVA are short. If they did make Berserk an OVA, it would been a certain arc or some thing as they would cover everything. This is the reason Bastard! OVA only cover the first arc and didn't go on or even complete the rest.

They are making an OVA for Hellsing, mind you, and Hunter X Hunter is having OVA for every series after the Genei Ryoudan arc, albeit these series are shorter than Berserk for what material would be needed for a complete OVA adaption. That's why I said that it is practically impossible, and unless they would actually start from scratch with a television series (and keep everything in... that would be shown late at night and even then the ratings might cause the production to go out), I can't see anything else but an OVA if Berserk ever, and I mean EVER had a chance at being entirely animated.

Blade of Immortal would be great, though imo I wouldn't want it be animated. the way animes are now with digital color and computers, it wouldn't work out with to match Hiroaki Samura's sketchy drawings.

I think that his art style could be retained somewhat, although, I'll be honest and say that I don't know of any manga-ka who actually uses charcoal and comes up with amazing drawings like he does.

Damn the fact that the use of cel animation is declining nowadays...

Death Note anime would be good since they can get the same animation company that animated Hikaru no Go. Yes, it is crazy with the diologue, but then again so is Evagelion where you don't know what the hell is going on.

Thing is, Evangelion also had quite a few actions scenes with mechas (and I'm one of those who actually made sense of the Freudian-style and layer of conscience approach that was done to some of the scenes in the later half of Evangelion, just to note to boost my own ego). Death Note doesn't, and the action is sparse throughout the whole story. I suppose one of the closest comparisons to a manga adaption into anime with little action and more of a thriller type would be Monster, but also consider that there is more action than what was accounted for in Monster at where Death Note currently is with its chapter progress.

Rurouni Kenshin deserve another tv series for so the Jinchu arc can be animated. Speaking of SJ titles, there an annoucement on ANN that Gintama well become a tv series. I read the manga and it interesting and funny. check it out if you haven't already. It's a SJ title. here a description:

Sakata Gintoki is a samurai living in an era when samurai are no longer needed. To add to his troubles, oppressive aliens have moved in. Gintoki lives with Kagura and Shinpachi, taking on odd jobs to make the world a better place... and to pay their rent.

I've heard some things about it. Some call it a nice, good, light-hearted series. Other call it something to read when you want to feel retarded. Guess I'll find out once I check out Viz's adaption.

Last but not least, Double Cross should defiently get animated. And I'll make sure THAT will happen. ;)

Dreams can exist, no matter how impossible, eh? :D

That Scary Clefairy
30th January 2006, 11:58 PM
Meh, I personally think Death Note would work better as live action, rather than anime. The way it's designed and drawn out looks like it could be better done in live action. :\ I just can't imagine it as being a standard looking anime.

that is true since a live action is coming, however, if Obata's Hikaru no Go can be animated, then I can see Death Note being animated by the same animation company.

Chris
31st January 2006, 12:12 AM
The thing about Hikaru no Go is that it's not exactly on the same level of seriousness as Death Note is. :P The characters of Death Note look a whole lot more realistic than those in Hikaru no Go. o_o;

That Scary Clefairy
31st January 2006, 12:39 AM
I never claimed to know it all. Only that I knew everything except that there is a Blame! anime out. :D

well it's out. by Animeworks or Media Blasters if you will.

They are making an OVA for Hellsing, mind you, and Hunter X Hunter is having OVA for every series after the Genei Ryoudan arc, albeit these series are shorter than Berserk for what material would be needed for a complete OVA adaption. That's why I said that it is practically impossible, and unless they would actually start from scratch with a television series (and keep everything in... that would be shown late at night and even then the ratings might cause the production to go out), I can't see anything else but an OVA if Berserk ever, and I mean EVER had a chance at being entirely animated.

If Gantz and Elfian Lied can be a TV series and remain well, then Berserk can too as a tv series. Screw "shown at late night" might affect ratings.

I think that his art style could be retained somewhat, although, I'll be honest and say that I don't know of any manga-ka who actually uses charcoal and comes up with amazing drawings like he does.

Damn the fact that the use of cel animation is declining nowadays...

I don't think that's charcoal but more of type of graphite.

Thing is, Evangelion also had quite a few actions scenes with mechas (and I'm one of those who actually made sense of the Freudian-style and layer of conscience approach that was done to some of the scenes in the later half of Evangelion, just to note to boost my own ego). Death Note doesn't, and the action is sparse throughout the whole story. I suppose one of the closest comparisons to a manga adaption into anime with little action and more of a thriller type would be Monster, but also consider that there is more action than what was accounted for in Monster at where Death Note currently is with its chapter progress.

I was going to say Monster is another example too. but point being whether there is action or no action, they all have deep diologue involve.

I've heard some things about it. Some call it a nice, good, light-hearted series. Other call it something to read when you want to feel retarded. Guess I'll find out once I check out Viz's adaption.

It feels different for some reason. I dunno just knda cool.

Dreams can exist, no matter how impossible, eh? :D
It will happen. I'll make sure it will.

That Scary Clefairy
31st January 2006, 12:44 AM
The thing about Hikaru no Go is that it's not exactly on the same level of seriousness as Death Note is. :P The characters of Death Note look a whole lot more realistic than those in Hikaru no Go. o_o;

Yes that's true, however, the toning and color match Obata's very well. I just because Hikaru no Go is less serious than Death note means nothing. Fushigi Yugi and Ayashi no Ceres are both done by the same animation company yet, FY is happy, funny, and "innocent" where as Ayashi no Ceres is dark, serious, violent, etc.

Poison Master
1st February 2006, 6:12 PM
I'm pretty sure D. Grey Man was pretty much announced and will be airing in April, also I heard rumours about a Death Note movie

That Scary Clefairy
1st February 2006, 7:12 PM
I'm pretty sure D. Grey Man was pretty much announced and will be airing in April, also I heard rumours about a Death Note movie

Yes there will be a live action Death note, but I like to hear where you got the info of a D. Grey Man anime series. As far as I know, there is no annoucement of it.

Ketsuban
2nd February 2006, 2:58 AM
It's actually manhwa, but I'd love to see an animated series of Demon Diary.

And Fullmetal Alchemist is already an anime but it needs an OVA or something that more closely follows the manga plot. Liiiiing.

That Scary Clefairy
2nd February 2006, 3:46 AM
It's actually manhwa, but I'd love to see an animated series of Demon Diary.

And Fullmetal Alchemist is already an anime but it needs an OVA or something that more closely follows the manga plot. Liiiiing.

Actually there will be an OVA, just that it not manga based.

Poison Master
2nd February 2006, 9:47 PM
Yes there will be a live action Death note, but I like to hear where you got the info of a D. Grey Man anime series. As far as I know, there is no annoucement of it.

my mistake, I got Gintama and D. Grey Man mixed up.

That Scary Clefairy
3rd February 2006, 2:22 AM
my mistake, I got Gintama and D. Grey Man mixed up.

No problem. but yea, Gintama will be animated.

anyway back on topic, another series I love to get animated is Red: Living on the edge. Interesting manga series about Native American. Something rare in the manga industry.

Kokukirin
3rd February 2006, 4:42 AM
I wish they would remake Tsukihime anime and follow the manga (or original game)....

And Arcueid in manga >>>>>> Arcueid in anime

RED1992
3rd February 2006, 7:51 PM
LOL Death Note and Pokespecial. Death Note rocks. It has better plot and character development than any other manga I've seen. Also I hate the Pokemon anime but like Pokespecial.
Pokespecial>>>(x a trillion) Pokemon anime.

HK
3rd February 2006, 9:21 PM
well it's out. by Animeworks or Media Blasters if you will.

Noted.

If Gantz and Elfian Lied can be a TV series and remain well, then Berserk can too as a tv series. Screw "shown at late night" might affect ratings.

The former was editted when shown on Japan television, and the latter didn't have much more than nudity and blood. If Gantz was editted for television, then I could only imagine what treatment that Berserk would get.

I don't think that's charcoal but more of type of graphite.

Meh, regardless it is still amazing.

I was going to say Monster is another example too. but point being whether there is action or no action, they all have deep diologue involve.

Death Note is a shounen, though. An unconventional one, but the target audience is for teenagers. Most teenagers thrive on action with their movies/anime, and Death Note has only about five notable scenes in it that would qualify as such (even then they are very brief). Monster has a few more action scenes than that, and it is intended for a more mature audience. I'm not saying that Death Note couldn't work as an anime, but it would fit better as a live action movie if directed and casted well, which makes sense with the two live action Death Note movies coming out this summer in Japan.

It feels different for some reason. I dunno just knda cool.

Gintama is essentially something that would go under the genre of what Bo... well, you know what I'm talking about. Based on puns and play of words, and yet still having some action in it.

It will happen. I'll make sure it will.

Keep tellin' yourself that, TSC. ;/

LOL Death Note and Pokespecial. Death Note rocks. It has better plot and character development than any other manga I've seen. Also I hate the Pokemon anime but like Pokespecial.
Pokespecial>>>(x a trillion) Pokemon anime.

You haven't read that many manga, then.

I'm suprised that I haven't mentioned this before. If both of Hideo Yamamoto's works, Homunculus and Koroshiya Ichi both became an anime (preferrably an OVA due to their content), then that would be fuggin awesome. This guy goes into psychology and originality like few others today, and that is including any medium of art that includes storylines and characters. This guy is just simply amazing.

That Scary Clefairy
4th February 2006, 2:19 AM
The former was editted when shown on Japan television, and the latter didn't have much more than nudity and blood. If Gantz was editted for television, then I could only imagine what treatment that Berserk would get.

Not by much though. And, Even If Berserk was edited like Gantz, they still have the original uncut version too. :p

Death Note is a shounen, though. An unconventional one, but the target audience is for teenagers. Most teenagers thrive on action with their movies/anime, and Death Note has only about five notable scenes in it that would qualify as such (even then they are very brief). Monster has a few more action scenes than that, and it is intended for a more mature audience. I'm not saying that Death Note couldn't work as an anime, but it would fit better as a live action movie if directed and casted well, which makes sense with the two live action Death Note movies coming out this summer in Japan.

Then again Battle Royale and Kuroshiya Ichi was made into live action movies and they have **** loads of violence and action in it. So again it doesn't matter whether its action or no action, it can work for BOTH an anime and live action.

Gintama is essentially something that would go under the genre of what Bo... well, you know what I'm talking about. Based on puns and play of words, and yet still having some action in it.

I don't follow you there cause It more action than pun based like Bo^7.

Keep tellin' yourself that, TSC. ;/
It will happen, my *****! :p

I'm suprised that I haven't mentioned this before. If both of Hideo Yamamoto's works, Homunculus and Koroshiya Ichi both became an anime (preferrably an OVA due to their content), then that would be fuggin awesome. This guy goes into psychology and originality like few others today, and that is including any medium of art that includes storylines and characters. This guy is just simply amazing.

You haven't even read Kuroshiya Ichi yet! lol. I will give them to you soon. Anyway, Kuroshiya Ichi does have an OVA which is actually the prequel to the manga (or is it the live movie?)

Dodrio
4th February 2006, 4:12 PM
A petshop of horrors anime would be cool, a bit creepy tho.

That Scary Clefairy
4th February 2006, 11:42 PM
A petshop of horrors anime would be cool, a bit creepy tho.

There aready is one. more of an OVA though.

CoolTrainerTerry
4th February 2006, 11:50 PM
XIII would make a great anime, IMO. Eyeshield 21 would also make a good one.

That Scary Clefairy
4th February 2006, 11:53 PM
XIII would make a great anime, IMO. Eyeshield 21 would also make a good one.

heh, AGAIN, there already a Eyeshield 21 anime out. In Japan that is.

HK
10th February 2006, 10:19 PM
Not by much though. And, Even If Berserk was edited like Gantz, they still have the original uncut version too. :p

... What's that sound that you have whenever you have an epihpany? Ah well, just imagine that a light bulb just went off in my head.

Then again Battle Royale and Kuroshiya Ichi was made into live action movies and they have **** loads of violence and action in it. So again it doesn't matter whether its action or no action, it can work for BOTH an anime and live action.

I can't say for Koroshiya Ichi, but Battle Royale was the most gruesome in the manga and the live action was not as much so. What suprises me is that the series is a manga, live action, and novel, and yet it doesn't even have an anime... unless I'm misinformed, that is.

I don't follow you there cause It more action than pun based like Bo^7.

Let me restate: Gintama's humor is more geared to puns, word-play, and cultural references in the aspect that Bo-bobo Bobo-bo has (I give up, I can't remember how to fuggin spell it).

It will happen, my *****! :p

I think that you have been spending too much time in Never-Never land, dude. :p

You haven't even read Kuroshiya Ichi yet! lol. I will give them to you soon. Anyway, Kuroshiya Ichi does have an OVA which is actually the prequel to the manga (or is it the live movie?)

Uh, yeah, I have read the manga. And there is the answer to the my question about whether Koroshiya Ich was ever animated... Then again, you aren't even sure yourself, are you? Meh, regardless, both of Yamamoto's major works (on the assumption that he has made more than Koyoshiya Ichi and Homunculus) should be animated.

That Scary Clefairy
11th February 2006, 1:20 AM
Uh, yeah, I have read the manga. And there is the answer to the my question about whether Koroshiya Ich was ever animated... Then again, you aren't even sure yourself, are you? Meh, regardless, both of Yamamoto's major works (on the assumption that he has made more than Koyoshiya Ichi and Homunculus) should be animated.

I know it is animated. It just happen to be prequel to the series. check it on ANN. You never onece told me you read it. Besides where ou download it from since Hawks are the only ones translating it.

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
20th February 2006, 5:36 PM
Well,I'd like to see Mon-Star on the screen maybe not the best manga but I'd like to see It enyway...o.o

P-fan
24th February 2006, 9:34 PM
Legendz, though they is already a Legendz anime. The style isn't not like the manga.

Seiryu
26th February 2006, 1:59 AM
Well, I'll admit that I haven't read that many different manga, only Dragon Knights (first five volumes), Yu-Gi-Oh! (first seven), and Deathnote (first), but I'll offer my thoughts.

Despite how some parts of Dragon Knights are set up, I think it could make a pretty decent anime series with a little bit of work.

Also, even though I've technically never read anything about it beyond the chapter summaries on this site, I'd also like to see an anime more based on the Pokémon Special manga simply because from the summaries I've read, it's a bit...better than the current anime series. I doubt it would happen though, and if it did, I don't know if I'd want to see the dubbed version; aside from there being a number of scenes that would likely have to be edited for a younger American audience (like one of the final chapters in the first volume), so many main character designs between this and the anime are fairly similar (Red, Green, Gold, Crystal, and Sapphire in the manga and Satoshi/Ash, Shigeru/Gary, Kenta/Jimmy, Marina, and Haruka/May in the anime, respectively, not to mention so many of the other characters) so I could see many kids who've never heard of Special getting confused about which character is which. So it's probably not gonna happen, at least not here in the US. But hey, a guy can dream can't he?