PDA

View Full Version : Narutaru (Shadow Star)

zonic the hedgehog
31st January 2006, 1:58 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of (or reads) this manga series (there's an anime too, but it hasn't been released yet...).

It's pretty weird; probably one of the most violent children's mangas I've seen in awhile...

It mainly features kids, it feels very kiddy from the cover, the monsters (at first) look sorta kiddy... but it's not kiddy at all.

I haven't read very far through the series, but I'm reading through the un-edited scanslation, since I've heard the translated version by Dark Horse has a lot taken out (due to it being too... eh let's just not say it ^^; ).

In short: Pokemon on Crack.

Edit: Here's the manga cover:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/omochan/random/shadowstarcover.jpg

That Scary Clefairy
31st January 2006, 2:53 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of (or reads) this manga series (there's an anime too, but it hasn't been released yet...).

It's pretty weird; probably one of the most violent children's mangas I've seen in awhile...

It mainly features kids, it feels very kiddy from the cover, the monsters (at first) look sorta kiddy... but it's not kiddy at all.

I haven't read very far through the series, but I'm reading through the un-edited scanslation, since I've heard the translated version by Dark Horse has a lot taken out (due to it being too... eh let's just not say it ^^; ).

In short: Pokemon on Crack.

Edit: Here's the manga cover:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/omochan/random/shadowstarcover.jpg

While it is dark, it wasn't edited because it was too dark. I believe it was because of page count or some thing else but good news is that DH is considering of making Narutaru back to unflipped graphic novel and unedited, since the Super Manga Blast magazine is not going to run anymore.

I saw it and it is interesting from what I did see. kinda reminds me of 20th Century Boys where you have a set of kids in a really mature theme.

Justineer
5th February 2006, 9:56 AM
What's it about? From looking at the cover, I don't think I like the art. The legs look wierd.

That Scary Clefairy
5th February 2006, 5:38 PM
What's it about? From looking at the cover, I don't think I like the art. The legs look wierd.

Oh trust me, you will. It really amazing however it is a dark series. Don't let the art fool you.