PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Decree of Pain

klducks
1st February 2006, 11:36 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/scourge/decree_of_pain.jpg
Decree of Pain - Scourge. Rare
6BB: Sorcery
Destroy all creatures, they can't be regenerated. Draw a card for each creature destroyed this way.
Cycling 3BB
When you cycle Decree of Pain, all creatures get -2/-2 until end of turn.

With the lack of rares in the Guildpact set, I thought I should switch back to cards from other sets since I'll suck all the rare cards to rate dry before the set even comes out. Fair enough?

Anyway, a card that has double the mana cost of Wrath but has a draw engine. This card could be fun vs. Token decks. You could also cycle this at instant speed as well if you dont have enough mana which is nice since it atleast has a mini wrath ability.

However, 8 mana.... yeah, thats a lot.

The Duck's Rating: 2.5/5

heh @ karona in the art

Shadow Trainer
2nd February 2006, 12:21 AM
Wrathing the board plus drawing cards is good, but eight mana is alot. The cycling is nice, you get to Laughter the board and draw card. 2/5

Shadow the Hedgehog
2nd February 2006, 3:46 PM
I use this. I tend to cycle it alot more often than I use it normally. Without Dark Ritual I probably wouldn't touch the normal effect. 3/5

Sergay Wang
3rd February 2006, 5:50 AM
Well, Dark Ritual is banned in everything except Vintage and Legacy, so it's not often that you'll see it. And considering Vintage/Legacy have so many better removal spells in black, you'll probably never see someone use Dark Ritual to cast Decree of Pain much.

I have NEVER cast Decree of Pain. I've cycled it, but never cast it. Actually, I think the Cycle effect is infinitely better then the normal spell. Uncounterable Hideous Laughter that draws you a card for only 1 more mana.

Casting Decree: 1/5
Cycling Decree: 3/5