PDA

View Full Version : Hydro cannon replacments?

Blazeing man
1st February 2006, 11:55 PM
Well, I would like to know.My blastoise won't learn Hydro Cannon.I was thinking
about getting water pulse... Edit:no no,I mean what should it have instead, T-lord.you misunderstood.

Atoyont
2nd February 2006, 12:01 AM
It will only learn Hydro Cannon if your Blastoise has the highest possible friendship rating.

Freakshow
2nd February 2006, 12:24 AM
Surf>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hydro Cannon

TRJessie579
2nd February 2006, 12:43 AM
If you're asking about ANYTHING to do with movesets on a Pokemon do it in RMT.

Gee, thanks for reading what I posted. :) *Moves*

Blazeing man
2nd February 2006, 1:18 AM
Surf>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hydro Cannon
my blastoise already has that! BTW, sorry Trjessie.I should of paid attention.

ZNtelle
2nd February 2006, 2:49 AM
Okay, you seriously need to read some team building foundations. What you just said implied that you'd like to have more than one damaging move of the same type, something you never want to do in most cases (and especially here). Also, you never want to use Hyper Beam or anything related to it. Hydro Cannon is what's commonly referred to as an elemental Hyper Beam and therefore would best not be used. Surf is really the best option.

Blazeing man
2nd February 2006, 3:11 AM
Nine thou, check the post above you.My blastoise has surf.If noone wants to help, I can find somthing myself. (pouts)

Horn Drill
2nd February 2006, 3:18 AM
Blastoise@Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP/80 Def/120 SpDef/52 SpAtk
Surf
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin/Yawn/Haze/Counter
Rest

Those EV's should be about right.

Nine thou, check the post above you.My blastoise has surf.If noone wants to help, I can find somthing myself. (pouts)

Nine Thou and AirLock200 just did. ._.

indigestible_wad
2nd February 2006, 5:28 AM
You obviously didn't understnd him then. What he said was it's bad to have two moves of the same type. Keep surf and teach it some other moves. Preferably not hyper beam or hydro cannon.

master power kirby
2nd February 2006, 12:46 PM
Why don't you just have Earth Qauke or
Rockslide instead of another water move.

StrayedBullet
2nd February 2006, 1:03 PM
Blastoise@leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Nature: Bold
EV's:252 HP/80 Def/120 SpDef/52 SpAtk
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Counter/Mirror Coat/ Haze/ Yawn

I would say Yawn, its probably the better one of the four for ingame

-SB ;001;

Rudoku
2nd February 2006, 2:31 PM
Why don't you just have Earth Qauke or
Rockslide instead of another water move.
Because a 3rd Generation Blastoise shouldn't be using any physical attack but Rapid Spin and/or Counter...

TOY MACHINE
2nd February 2006, 8:45 PM
counter/mirror coat>>>haze/rapid spin (ingame)

Raichu_Trainer_Chris
3rd February 2006, 12:26 AM
For the E4:

Surf
Ice Beam
Hydro Cannon
Earthquake.

thats ingame.

Dunsparce
3rd February 2006, 2:11 AM
For the E4:

Surf
Ice Beam
Hydro Cannon
Earthquake.

thats ingame.

Even BITE is a better choice than Hydro Cannon. Competitively, Bite is useless on virtually everything. In-game, however, it can be used for Pokemon with limited special movepools, like the Eeveelutions, Omastar, Suicune(I know it's stupid XD), and Charizard.

My Omaster has Bite and it works well In-game. But ONLY in-game :/

SapphireL
3rd February 2006, 2:46 AM
Don't even USE Hydro Cannon, seriously. -_- I mean, after you attack, you can't do ANYTHING. Not even switch. >_< besides, if Surf can ohko a Fire Pokemon, 's good enough.

As for MS ingame:
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Seismic Toss
-Yawn/Rest

Tazzler
3rd February 2006, 3:02 AM
Or counter/mirror coat over seismic toss.

TOY MACHINE
3rd February 2006, 3:15 AM
like i said

USE

surf
ice beam/blizzard
siesmec toss(i'd use bite)
counter/mirror coat (phisical attacks are easier to predict)

blizzard in game of course

Horn Drill
4th February 2006, 7:28 AM
like i said

USE

surf
ice beam/blizzard
siesmec toss(i'd use bite)
counter/mirror coat (phisical attacks are easier to predict)

blizzard in game of course

Okay, seriously, stop while you're ahead. >_>; Earthquake, Bite, and Blizzard on Blastoise makes baby SapphireLs cry. ;_;

Blastoise can't learn Rock Slide for whoever said that. ._.

Apparently, since StrayedBullet posted the exact same moveset I did, my EV's must've been right. Use them. Use that set too.

Moral of this story: Don't use Hydro Cannon, and don't suggest anything unless you actually know what moves the Pokemon can learn.

TOY MACHINE
4th February 2006, 8:09 AM
that was ingame, those movesets are the ones that people use to get through the game get over your self Horn Drill your just another Brown Bomber

Fluorescent Adolescent
4th February 2006, 2:09 PM
that was ingame, those movesets are the ones that people use to get through the game get over your self Horn Drill your just another Brown Bomber

Another person who posts correct and usable movesets, then yes you are right. He is very much like "another" Brown Bomber.

Neo
4th February 2006, 4:22 PM
When you're playing in-game, you can more or less make ANY moveset work on a Poke (within reason of course :D). It depends on your preferences. Before I started doing competitive battling, I used to use the elemental beams on my starters, purely because if used at the right time they can KO a Poke you're having trouble on. But that was about 6 months ago, and now I usually use movesets that are shown on Smogon, etc. But I hate it when people say things like ''Look at Smogon's movesets. They are the best, no posts after this count!!!!'' because this is in-game, so no movesets are 'standard'.

EDIT: Since it seems that people are... annoyed that I'm not posting movesets, I'm just going to say the best Blastoise moveset I've found is this one:
Blastoise@Chesto Berry/Leftovers
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Counter/Mirror Coat
-Rest/Yawn
Obviously, Chesto goes with Rest, Leftovers otherwise. Can't remember nature, either Bold or Calm, depending whether you use Counter or Mirror Coat. EVs in Sp. Atk, Def/Sp.Def (again, Mirror Coat or Counter), HP.

aipomkong
4th February 2006, 4:32 PM
but hydro cannon still sucks and leads to people thinking it is great

Neo
4th February 2006, 4:36 PM
but hydro cannon still sucks and leads to people thinking it is great
Yeah, that's why I had to add in 'within reason' when I said that.

Horn Drill
5th February 2006, 6:42 AM

Yeah, and you're just another Dark Venusair. ;_;

Why wouldn't we suggest the best movesets, even if it is ingame? ._.

Rapid Spin ingame is kinda useless unless you're gonna be fighting good people often.

Mirror Coat on Blastoise is dumb because one Tunderbolt will do too much damage to it to survive another turn to Rest.