PDA

View Full Version : New Yu-Gi-Oh series... WTF is going on?

Alfonso
2nd February 2006, 2:20 AM
No, I'm not talking about GX. According to a YGO LJ, a series of YGO named 'Yu-Gi-Oh: Capsule Monsters' aired on Irish TV (RTE 2) yesterday. (Well, the 1st of Feb.) The screenshots that were provided are as follows:

http://www.iol.ie/~anez/screencaps/title01.jpg

http://www.iol.ie/~anez/screencaps/title02.jpg

http://www.iol.ie/~anez/screencaps/title03.jpg

http://www.iol.ie/~anez/screencaps/title05.jpg

http://www.iol.ie/~anez/screencaps/title06.jpg

http://www.iol.ie/~anez/screencaps/title07.jpg

Now, I know what you're all thinking. Don't worry, I thought the same thing. But the art style is very similar to that of the YGO Movie, and this anime apprantly has 4Kids plastered all over it, so it's entirely possible that they've had this series made, and are testing it out on Irish TV before introducing it to western shores.

Yeah.

I know what you're STILL thinking. But then more and more people on forums like Gaia started saying they were 'getting' the episode, so to speak. You all know what I mean by that. One of the people who said such PMed me a link, and I'm currently 'getting' the episode now. (25% done atm.)

I'll let you guys know the result in about an hour when I've finally been able to watch it. I hoping to GOD that this is actually an American produced series, and not just some hoax, as I really would like to see my boys again. (Haga and Ryuuzaki.)

As for Yami being there... well, you know 4Kids.

But like I said, in an hour, we'll all have our answers.

New Images:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/DesertStars/ycmendscreen.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/DesertStars/ycmeveryonewater.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/DesertStars/ycmjouhonda.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/DesertStars/ycmsurrounded.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/DesertStars/ycmyamiarmsopen.jpg

Thanks to High Preistess Eshal from Gaia Forums for the above images.

Toran Frostbite
2nd February 2006, 3:30 AM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/DesertStars/ycmjouhonda.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but Jounouchi's outfit is hawt. o___o That's about the sexiest set of clothes you could put on the boy. And Anzu's isn't too bad either.

...I got nothing. ^_^; Except it looks like /someone's/ trying to revive the Monster Capsule game from the manga into animated advertisement. How lame.

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
2nd February 2006, 3:35 AM
awesome! Yu-Gi-Oh!'s making a comeback ^_^
maybe they will use this season to transition from the original saga to GX?

Skiks
2nd February 2006, 3:40 AM
Wouldn't this create a huge plothole on how the pharaoh suddenly reappeared? o_O I dunno if there is anyway he can come back. Unless thats an older yugi I'm looking at.

Alfonso
2nd February 2006, 3:50 AM
Indeed.

I can happily confirm that this Capsule Monsters is NOT fake, I repeat NOT fake. I've just finished watching what appears to be the second episode, so here's some details.

-The episode starts off with a traditional 'Last time, in Yu-Gi-Oh!' segment.

-The intro is confusing, and seems to be saying this takes place after the Memory Saga, as old clips of Pegasus, Yami Marik, Dartz and Thief King Bakura flying alongside Yami Bakura appear in it. But that's impossible, considering that Yami Yugi IS present, and so is the Millenium Puzzle.

-The concept of the series seems to be this: The gang have gone through some sort of 'Pyramid' (It was refered to.) while they were 'at camp'. Things aren't really explained much besides that.

-Each character has that capsule arm thing, and each character has their own trademark monster capsule which they can summon. Yugi/Yami has Celtic Guardian, Joey has Baby Dragon, Tristan as Thunder/Electric Kid (o_o Don't ask. Some yellow thing.) and Grandpa has Summoned Skull. Tea has some pink fairy thing.

-They use the capsules in the arm thing to 'summon' their monster. The world they are in seems like some sort of real life Monster Capsule game, as several famous YGO monsters appear attacking the group.

-When their capsule monsters take damage, so do the humans.

-Higher level monsters seem to take time to 'recharge', ala Grandpa's Summoned Skull.

-Joey and Tristan have a victory dance, which involves singing and doing the can-can. I wish I was joking. The song seems to involve words that rhyme with 'can', with 'can' being used as slang for 'a*s'.

-They do this can-can twice in the episode.

-In the previous episode, Joey appears to have found a map of some sorts.

-Yugi seems to like beans, since Grandpa offers him some.

-Grandpa appears to have saved the group an episode earlier. Grandpa also has some weird flower wolf monster things attacking him this episode. XD

-The group, while searching for a way back home, come across a temple. Insisde the temple is an Ancient Lamp, and La Jinn. Yugi battles La Jinn with Celtic, and loses at first. Then Neo Aqua Madoor appears and freezes Tea and Grandpa. Joey and Tristan help out, and they use La Jinn's fire attack, and Neo's ice attack against one another.

-An egyptian tablet appears when they defeat the two monsters.

-The credits contain many Japanese names and TV Tokyo. Quite a lot of 4Kids's VAs are listed for character voices, including Jimmy Zoppi... :P Lots of VAs used for characters that didn't appear in that episode, at least.

-This is an official 4Kids thing.

So there you have it. Somehow SOMEONE, I'm guessing 4Kids, has made, or has commissioned for a new YGO series to be made, because it's all there, all real and I've seen it. It should be all over the internet by tomorrow.

Why they decided to show it on Irish TV first is BEYOND me. @.@ Someone who asked about it on 4Kids's forums had her post deleted, which I find interesting.

Crazy.

Raito
2nd February 2006, 4:03 AM
Why am I happy this isn't in America and I still have to deal with the future retardation of GX? I mean Night Shroud and now CapMon? Come On...

-JDB-

Hidden Mew
2nd February 2006, 4:20 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really happy with this piece of good news. All of those pictures look so cool. The idea of the Capsule Monsters sounds really interesting. Now that I think of it, with them being in a camp and going into another world, it almost reminds me of the first season of Digimon. Still, this is so wonderful. Their new clothes just look so awsome. It is a bit strange that they are showing it on Irish TV. I thought that new animes usually premire somewhere closer to Japan or Asia. Anyway, that gives me another reason why I want to go to Ireland. I hope that it comes over here someday.

Alfonso
2nd February 2006, 1:37 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really happy with this piece of good news. All of those pictures look so cool. The idea of the Capsule Monsters sounds really interesting. Now that I think of it, with them being in a camp and going into another world, it almost reminds me of the first season of Digimon. Still, this is so wonderful. Their new clothes just look so awsome. It is a bit strange that they are showing it on Irish TV. I thought that new animes usually premire somewhere closer to Japan or Asia. Anyway, that gives me another reason why I want to go to Ireland. I hope that it comes over here someday.

They usually do. However, there's several theories flying about that 4Kids commissioned for this to be made, just like the YGO Movie which would mean it would air in English speaking shores first.

Why Ireland and not America or the UK, I have no idea. One possible explanation could be that they were testing it out to see public reaction. It's very, very, confusing.

Oh, and leokearon posted up a more accurate summery of the episode:

-----

Yugi has recently getting nightmares/visions of himself and the Pharoah(This is set before Pharoah's Memory) who is wearing some golden armour battling a shadowed out ceature. Cut to morning and Yugi is worried that Solomon has not returned from a mysterious trip. At School Yugi and Tea are playing a new game called Capsule Monsters. At the same time Joey wins a trip for four to India, so he, Yugi, Tea and Tristin all go to India on a chartered flight which crashes.

Everyone survives, and Joey and Tristin being Idiots decide to go a look for help, with Yugi and Tea running behind them. They met Dr.Bergistein (or something like that) who happens to be the last person to see Solomon alive. The pharoah senses that something is up, as the Doc brings them to the place where he and Solomon were, the pyramid of Alexander the Great. Inside they find a room with a map on the floor tiles, this is where Solomon vanished. Joey steps on the map and vanishes. Yugi, Tea and Tristin follow suit and wake up in a forest with wierd wrist devices and belts on them and strange capsules scattered around. Suddenly they are attacked by various insects and get split up. Yugi transforms into the Pharoah and accidently touches a Capsule releasing Celtic Guardian who defeats the bugs.

Meanwhile Tea and Tristin encounter to creatures Happy Lover and Thunder Kid, who helps them defeat a Root Water. Yugi is then attacked by a tree monster and discovers that this is a shadow game as any time his monster is hurt he also gets hurt. He release Hinotama Soul from a Capsule which helps defeat the tree monster. He then sets off to find the others. Tea and Tristin are then attacked by High Tide Gouigon but are saved by Solomon and his Summoned Skull. The gang are all reunited, including Joey who got his first Capsule Monster, Baby Dragon and also a map of the land, which resembles the Capsule Monster board game. After defeating an army of Flower Wolves and riding an Island Turtle. They arrive at a temple but are attacked by La Jinn and Aqua Madoor after defeating the two monsters, a tablet appears with Heirogliphics on it. Solomon reads it and tells them that the tablet tells them to go to the Fortress of Fear where Spirits rest before the Shadows Come. Checking Joey's map they see a building which might be the Fortress but the Shadows Come bit may mean sunset, so they have to hurry. To be continued..

The show is good but suffers from a couple of problems.
1.) Joey and Tristin do a lot of embrassing actions
2.) Getting sick of Freindship speeches
3.) The show's premise seems to be a lot like Pokemon, with the gang collecting Monsters to fight other monsters. It also doesn't help that there are no rules given. All we have been told is that there are elemental types involved (Fire beats Wood and Electric beats Water) and that high level monsters need longer time to be used again like Summoned Skull).

-----

o_o

WaterTrainer243
2nd February 2006, 2:30 PM
My guess is, they're trying to make it look like it takes place either before the long shadow game with theif Bakura or somewhere before the gang goes to Egypt. Why the clips with Theif Bakura in the previous clips is a mystery to me.

kaibachaoschampion
2nd February 2006, 3:28 PM
What! :D Capsule moster spin off!

Now this is indeed something I would like to see, however what I do not like is the fact that 4Kids possibly made it....I also get the feeling that this will turn out like Dragonball GT.

First a Yu-Gi-Oh GX manga and now this...

Kazuki Mirai
2nd February 2006, 4:19 PM
Oh god... Now I'm getting sick to the stomach. Jesus crackers, please that it ain't so! Please no more how 4Kids see them as. >_< Tea and her infinite speech of doom. Joey's and Tristan's stupidity. Seriously, why were Tea and Tristan given this type of role? They stand their *** across the series and cheering. -.- A nightmare.

Aikou Bupiggu
2nd February 2006, 4:26 PM
On Clubit, five or so days back, this person called Conor P started a topic called 'More Filler Crap!' and he started going on about this. We told him that it was cap mon from the manga, and then this morning, Kenshin posts them images O.O

Aslong as Pegasus does appear in this, I'll be happy.

And yes, the artwork is just like the movies... I liked the movies art, especially how they actually pt the text and rarity on the cards.

That was a random post... Bye?

P-fan
2nd February 2006, 4:43 PM
Isn't this series only in Ireland. I surf the janime site, but found no info about it ,but they talking about it on the forums.

Haruka's Swimsuit
2nd February 2006, 5:02 PM
They usually do. However, there's several theories flying about that 4Kids commissioned for this to be made, just like the YGO Movie which would mean it would air in English speaking shores first.

Well, there's at least one saving grace. Hopefully, like the other 4Kids commission, when the Japanese get ahold of this series they'll try to make some sense out of it for their dub.

TeddiUrsa
2nd February 2006, 5:25 PM
oh god,...they did it again...
I think some people should realize that an anime is over and ENDED...I guess 4KIDS isn´t one of those people...
let´s milk yugi again...

Torkoal Stu
2nd February 2006, 5:35 PM
Wasn't Capsule Monsters like the original Manga type stuff? And there were all these books about it, maybe it's the anime based of that.

*shrugs* Well yay! And Tea and Tristin Dueling type things, OMG!

I wonder when it will come to the UK......then again Dawn of the Duel hasn't finished and GX hasn't even come here, so I don't see this comming to us for a while. Then again GX may never even come here >>;

kaibachaoschampion
2nd February 2006, 7:18 PM
Well, I wish that 4Kids would do it to be completely honest, I want uncuts...not this. But I don't know exactly what their trying to do here, I guess i'll wait and see...

FireKero!
2nd February 2006, 7:35 PM
I've got a few episode summaries and comments on the series, but would I be allowed to post a link to another site?

The showisn't anything special. Trust me. It's intereseting, but it's just another boring friendship is kewl, amazing top-decks(top-shots) etc. Hardcore fans'll like it, but it ain't that great.

ŁańkaŃ
2nd February 2006, 11:41 PM
wOW, intresting...i so wanna know more...

and i hope i can find the link to watch that ep

Hidden Mew
3rd February 2006, 12:56 AM
I don't understand why so many people are complaining about this. When I heard about this, I thought that it was some of the best news I've ever heard. All last night and all day today, I've been so happy and I keep on remembering all of those cool pictures. I like the friendship stuff because it always feels really nice. However, I could see how people would see it as annoying. I don't really care where it fits in with the story line at all. I don't even care if it is a spin-off or something else all together. I'm sure that it is better than GX simply because Yugi and his friends aren't as annoying as most of the people in GX, even though GX has gotten better. As long I get to see it someday, whether on DVD or on TV, I would be a even happier person.

ŁańkaŃ
3rd February 2006, 1:00 AM
http://photobucket.com/albums/v142/PDUTogepi/Capsule/?start=40

http://photobucket.com/albums/f9/YCMpics/

well..here is LINK to see soem pics...got it off another forum :D...

hope you ppl like it...:D

Kamex
3rd February 2006, 1:09 AM
Meh, this is strange. I don't really understand, though, why the guys back in Japan would keep letting 4Kids run projects like these. I mean it's not a terrible idea to begin with, but if 4Kids is going to make mistakes in the making of the show... they should at least look over 4Kids' production of this.

ŁańkaŃ
3rd February 2006, 1:52 AM
Well...i just watched EP2...of this series..i can't find 1...

it's pretty cool...i hope it devlops...

but it's only 12 EPISODES

Hidden Mew
3rd February 2006, 3:22 AM
Well...i just watched EP2...of this series..i can't find 1...

it's pretty cool...i hope it devlops...

but it's only 12 EPISODES

That seems too small for something to be called a new series. Unless it is one of those micro series. I have heard of other animes that have like 26 episodes, which is still too small. Maybe it is just the number of episodes so far or the number that people could see on-line. Even if it is only 12 episodes, it could be aired as a series special or go straight to DVD. Either way, I would just love to see it someday.

ŁańkaŃ
3rd February 2006, 3:44 AM
That seems too small for something to be called a new series. Unless it is one of those micro series. I have heard of other animes that have like 26 episodes, which is still too small. Maybe it is just the number of episodes so far or the number that people could see on-line. Even if it is only 12 episodes, it could be aired as a series special or go straight to DVD. Either way, I would just love to see it someday.

no no...from what i got...

it will be on DVD last spring or early summer

and on TV during Fall

it is only 12...only because i think it's kind promoting an old game caled Capusle Monsters

First ep aired monday, 2nd tuesday, 3rd yesterday, 4th today...

i'm gonna see 4th tonight...can't find the link for the 3rd...

i'll give some summaries later on tomorrow or saturday

MAJOR STUPIDIOUSNESS ---> 4KIDS has made Joey & Tristen look like TOTALLY JOKERS...they do way to much comedic scenes...

in ep 2...

"Let's do the VICTORY DANCE" *dances like idots*
"I'm not sharing with no on" *runs for food, both hit tree and fall*

if it was just joey, we can say he's high...lol

but Tristen...they made him way to much of an idot :p

Satoshi
3rd February 2006, 4:12 AM
....wtf?

The series ENDED. All anime comes to a close, and this one did just that, no need for it to drag itself on any longer.

But 4kids seems to be milkin' it even further.....

Well, I guess it looks cool. Even though this is an American-made series, it's nice that the anime took the concept of capmon again. It was so ignored since Mokuba challenged Yuugi.

Speaking of Mokuba, I'm suprise he's not in this. This is basically his favorite game (in the manga), but I don't expect 4kids to know this. But if I'm mistaken, show me some pics with Mokuba in it.

That seems too small for something to be called a new series. Unless it is one of those micro series. I have heard of other animes that have like 26 episodes, which is still too small.
No, 26 episodes is average for an anime series. Most animes that have less than 30-50 epsidoes tend to be better than anime that drags itself on and on.

Silver Ryu
3rd February 2006, 4:14 AM
I'm sorry, I'm not interested. 0_o I don't like the idea. I mean, don't get me wrong. I kind of like the idea, but it's FULL OF PLOTHOLES. And I don't want another Yu-Gi-Oh thing. I really don't. Why can't they just let it finish here and be done with it? And if it's anything like the movie, then FORGET IT. Let's face it: the movie sucked. I mean, it was good the first time I saw it, but then I just realized that it wasn't that great. I'm not watching this, seriously. Looks to me like they're just trying to milk Yu-Gi-Oh for all it's worth. And that's sad, because the first one (that's showing on Kid's WB right now) is great. But with all these, they're making it look like a joke.

In my eyes, whatever happens in this show never happened.

EDIT: Oh, it's only 12 episodes? Good.

ŁańkaŃ
3rd February 2006, 4:16 AM
....wtf?

The series ENDED. All anime comes to a close, and this one did just that, no need for it to drag itself on any longer.

But 4kids seems to be milkin' it even further.....

Well, I guess it looks cool. Even though this is an American-made series, it's nice that the anime took the concept of capmon again. It was so ignored since Mokuba challenged Yuugi.

Speaking of Mokuba, I'm suprise he's not in this. This is basically his favorite game (in the manga), but I don't expect 4kids to know this. But if I'm mistaken, show me some pics with Mokuba in it.

No, 26 episodes is average for an anime series. Most animes that have less than 30-50 epsidoes tend to be better than anime that drags itself on and on.

Thing is this is only 12 eps..lol

but main thing to look at is...it's ONLY SO FAR BEEN TEA, YAMI/YUGI, TRISTEN, JOEY, GRAMPS...

i've yet to see ep 3 & 4 tomorrow or saturday...

so i'll let ya kno more info..lol

but BIG thing that stupid is...the OPENING is so stupid looking the blend nearly all the opening in to one, with a FEW of the new one...which is totally stupid...

THIS WHAT 4 KID IS ALL ABOUT ;):p

Ralts Master
3rd February 2006, 6:22 AM
the average anime series generally lasts either 12-13 episodes, or 24-26 episodes (with some in the 50-ish range and some that exceed that by anything from 25 to hundreds of episodes).

kaibachaoschampion
3rd February 2006, 8:43 AM
It was so ignored since Mokuba challenged Yuugi.

Well we did have Capsule Monster Coliseum.

Tamer Zack
3rd February 2006, 9:16 AM
Well if it makes some of you happy Nebs has the episode you'll have to Google search it. I would post the link here but Joe will have a hissy fit.

ŁańkaŃ
3rd February 2006, 2:18 PM
Well if it makes some of you happy Nebs has the episode you'll have to Google search it. I would post the link here but Joe will have a hissy fit.

thx...that saves some space in my computer :D..lol

i the one for ep3 i got...never worked...it kept on showing #2...lol

well thx again...i was wondering if nebz would put it or not

RED1992
3rd February 2006, 7:58 PM
LOL ygo got boring when it had like 3 filler seasons ,a spin-off(which sucks by the way.), and an American-made movie. It's likely this will suck as much as the rest if not suckier. I liked it when it wasn't about cards and crap.
Original ygo>>>>>>>Duel Monsters

Phreack
3rd February 2006, 8:55 PM
This series is something cool for me at least. If you don't like it then just don't watch but don't start ranting here. I liked CapMon but I never read the manga, I just played the game and it was cool. I'm looking for it to come here

Shigeru-kun
3rd February 2006, 9:22 PM
Had this been a work of the original writers, I would have been thrilled. Seeing as it's a work of 4kids though...yuck.

The YGO movie was just terrible. Anzu gaining magical butt kicking abilities and Jounouchi and Honda acting like Scooby and Shaggy? Blah. Now seeing people do the can-can is just overdoing it.

Even if Rebecca-chan appears in this series I don't think I could care too much. Since 4Kids didn't make the actual show, they can't capture the characters true personalities, not to mention they made certain characters act different in their dub in the first place. If Rebecca-chan did appear they'd probably make her into a snot or something. <<; So ya...can't say I'm all smiles and giggles about it.

If anything, I'll probably just watch this series so I'm up to date and all that jazz. Otherwise this truely looks like a bad attempt at 4Kids getting money since they know they're sinking fast.

Korobooshi Kojiro
3rd February 2006, 9:32 PM
So, I'm kinda confused. 4Kids with the help of the japanese producers made another Yugioh Serires? Cool! But, don't we have GX already as the predecessor to the original!?

Torkoal Stu
4th February 2006, 9:58 AM
But, don't we have GX already as the predecessor to the original!?
Plus not to mention that GX was made by the original people not 4Kids so it's more accurate than this would be.

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
4th February 2006, 11:13 AM
Ive watched the episode 2,Well I have to say It's pretty cool even though I don't like 4-Kids I enjoyed the episode.

Katsu Koneko
4th February 2006, 11:31 AM
I heard it's supposed to be a 12-15 episode mini-series.

Shigeru-kun
4th February 2006, 4:05 PM
Well I finally got to see it today, and it's pretty much what I feared. From the pointless "Yugioh!" when Yuugi trades positions, to the constant jokes...yep. You'd have to be a fool NOT to guess it's a full 4Kids production.

The only thing I was surprised upon in the whole thing was the can-can song. Out of all the things I thought I'd despise it most, but surprisingly, I LOVE IT. It's like...freakishly addictive. o_o; Go figure.

(((Kuwagata Kross)))
4th February 2006, 4:15 PM
I downlaoded the third episode, It isn't so bad...But it's 100% 4kids...hehe

Hidden Mew
5th February 2006, 6:18 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has a link to download one of these episodes. I have looked around and I've used Google, but I've only been able to find the pictures. I would like to see one of the episodes before it comes out on DVD. If no one has a link, could someone tell me where to go. Thank you and I'm sorry if I'm spamming.

Torkoal Stu
5th February 2006, 6:21 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has a link to download one of these episodes. I have looked around and I've used Google, but I've only been able to find the pictures. I would like to see one of the episodes before it comes out on DVD. If no one has a link, could someone tell me where to go. Thank you and I'm sorry if I'm spamming.
Downloads are not allowed around Serebii, so no one can post a link to a site that may contain the said episodes >_>;

Hidden Mew
5th February 2006, 6:25 PM
Downloads are not allowed around Serebii, so no one can post a link to a site that may contain the said episodes >_>;

Oops. Sorry about that. I didn't know about that rule. I'll keep looking around then. Thanks for letting me know that.

Tamer Zack
5th February 2006, 8:03 PM
Oops. Sorry about that. I didn't know about that rule. I'll keep looking around then. Thanks for letting me know that.

Try mininova they'll have it or go to what I said here http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=2726325&postcount=31 to watch it instead.

poke_girl
5th February 2006, 8:30 PM
This better not mean they're going to change the ending of the Dawn of the duel series... and making it so yugi and yami don't battle and the items don't go.. urg, damn it.

edit: ok.. I am really worried about them changing the ending bit just for this.. I heard there was a rumour that 4 kids were making a series to replace the memory arc because it may have been too difficult to make kid friendly, their own series, not dubbed from a JPN series, tho it's not totaly replaced, I just get the feeling the end might be.. seeing as Yami has to go and stuff.

edit2:Right, just thought, has irland had the Memory arc shown yet?
If not perhaps they wern't allowed to show the memory arc there, so they're showing this insted.
It would explane the rumor and why it's showing in Irland.

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
5th February 2006, 10:11 PM
This better not mean they're going to change the ending of the Dawn of the duel series... and making it so yugi and yami don't battle and the items don't go.. urg, damn it.

edit: ok.. I am really worried about them changing the ending bit just for this.. I heard there was a rumour that 4 kids were making a series to replace the memory arc because it may have been too difficult to make kid friendly, their own series, not dubbed from a JPN series, tho it's not totaly replaced, I just get the feeling the end might be.. seeing as Yami has to go and stuff.
That's quite possible since memory arc Is to voliet and stuff That's a plus
But since there dubbind memory world That would be just ruin every thing
EDIT:http://www.yu-jyo.net/005/index.html Is what show's the differences between the Jap episodes(you dont even need to watch WB To see the differences.)

Hidden Mew
7th February 2006, 1:04 AM
I just saw one of the episodes yesterday and I thought that it was pretty good. The plot is interesting and I thought that it had a lot of funny moments. The opening was really cool too. I really didn't see anything wrong with it. Of course, I'm happy with how the show is presented in English instead of the Japanese version. That version is a bit too scary for someone like me. Anyway, I'm looking foreword to when it is released over in here on DVD. Again I'm sorry for that link request. I had no idea that was against the rules. Thank you.

Satoshi
7th February 2006, 6:40 AM
Of course, I'm happy with how the show is presented in English instead of the Japanese version. That version is a bit too scary for someone like me.
How the hell is the Japanese version too scary? Just a little killing and dying, but that's it. :/

Anyway, I saw an epsiode of it....I'm suprised how they made Jonouchi and Honda look like complete and total idiots. ;-; But the can-can dance is sort of funny though.....to an extent. :/

This series is good for a laugh.

Tamer Zack
7th February 2006, 10:06 AM
Well episode 4 is up on Nebs while trying to find a way home Yugi gains a new armor everybody except for Tristan and Yugi Grandpa gets a new monster.

drake&josh
7th February 2006, 10:22 AM
Read my sig.

poke_girl
7th February 2006, 1:46 PM
it has like 2,000 eps
While I know that was an exaseration... it's only 224 eps.
And I perfer having a good long duel then a duel that might be over in 30 seconds..

Tamer Zack
7th February 2006, 7:51 PM
Read my sig.

Your point is obviously you been smokin waaaaay toooo much Yu-Gi-Oh has been selling way more franchise than Pokemon. Also if you have a problem with it then why bother posting in here.

MarcmenX
7th February 2006, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't mind checking it out... but if it means they might make capsule monsters into a real game, I'm interested (Since I did enjoy Capsule monsters on PS2) and playing it IRL might be cool

drake&josh
7th February 2006, 11:53 PM
Your point is obviously you been smokin waaaaay toooo much Yu-Gi-Oh has been selling way more franchise than Pokemon. Also if you have a problem with it then why bother posting in here.
Uh.. dude, I never said I liked Pokemon. It sucks. i mean you ever seen it? It's even worse than UGO. I just happen to enjoy playing the games.

Haruka's Swimsuit
8th February 2006, 12:53 AM
Uh.. dude, I never said I liked Pokemon. It sucks. i mean you ever seen it? It's even worse than UGO. I just happen to enjoy playing the games.

What does UGO.com have to do with anything?

Hidden Mew
8th February 2006, 1:15 AM
How the hell is the Japanese version too scary? Just a little killing and dying, but that's it. :/

I don't like to watch something with too much violence. I've seen the ones about Kaiba's stolen Blue Eyes White Dragon back in Duelist Kingdom and I just did not like it. It isn't that I think that the Japanese version is bad or anything like that. It just isn't right for someone like me. There was too much talk about taking revenge, killing people, and sending people to heck. I really don't want to hear stuff like that, even though I hear some of that kind of talk in Theology class. Anyway, I get too scared from a certain amount of violence and I feel more comfertable with how it is in English. That is just how I feel. Thank you.

I really don't like that signature that bashes Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I don't want to start up a huge arugement or anything.

S Reaper Ichigo
8th February 2006, 4:48 AM
I've seen some of it and its seems pretty interesting to say the least.

Prime Wolf
8th February 2006, 5:10 AM
Cool im glad to see the old gang back, all though those monster capsule things are a little different to other yu-gi-oh series but, meh, oh well, still looks alright

Shadow Trainer
8th February 2006, 8:24 AM
Capsule Monsters is no longer being shown on Irish television (today's episode was replaced with YGO GX)... I think we can now assume it is true that 4Kids did not want anyone outside of Ireland to know about the series, since they pulled it the week after we discovered it lol.

Just to give everyone the heads up.

Kijuna
8th February 2006, 10:00 AM
...Hidden Mew's kidding, right?

Do Neo the Magic Swordsman or Hayabusa Knight appear in this? If not it no longer has my interest.

Come to think of it, do those two get to be in the original series/GX?

kaibachaoschampion
8th February 2006, 10:08 AM
Capsule Monsters is no longer being shown on Irish television (today's episode was replaced with YGO GX)... I think we can now assume it is true that 4Kids did not want anyone outside of Ireland to know about the series, since they pulled it the week after we discovered it lol.

Just to give everyone the heads up.

So they honestly thought that they could air it without anyone else finding out...sound just about right for 4Kids's stupidity.

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
8th February 2006, 12:00 PM
Then why did they air It in the first place?That's just stupid can 4kids do something we wan't for once?

Shadow the Hedgehog
8th February 2006, 3:50 PM
Do Neo the Magic Swordsman or Hayabusa Knight appear in this? If not it no longer has my interest.

Come to think of it, do those two get to be in the original series/GX?

I think Joey uses Hayabusa during his duel with Odion.

Where does this fit in chronologically?

~Shining-Metagross~
8th February 2006, 11:03 PM
Jonouchi and Honda, how thee sound so wrong.

Now I may be a Yu-Gi-Oh! purist(I read the Manga, and refuse to watch the dub anymore), but 4kids should not dub what they DON'T understand. Naruto is not Kid Friendly. Yu-Gi-Oh! Is not kid friendly. They are not for kids. So why make it so?

This series is just another way for 4kids to produce money and drain the Yu-Gi-Oh! well for all its worth. From the sounds of it, the series is just....insert random toliet joke here.

Just wait another couple of months and Japan will dub it, will make it make sense, and make it worth watching. Yay. ^_^

RomanMack
8th February 2006, 11:06 PM

Now I may be a Yu-Gi-Oh! purist(I read the Manga, and refuse to watch the dub anymore), but 4kids should not dub what they DON'T understand. Naruto is not Kid Friendly. Yu-Gi-Oh! Is not kid friendly. They are not for kids. So why make it so?

This series is just another way for 4kids to produce money and drain the Yu-Gi-Oh! well for all its worth. From the sounds of it, the series is just....insert random toliet joke here.

Just wait another couple of months and Japan will dub it, will make it make sense, and make it worth watching. Yay. ^_^Naruto's not even dubbed by 4Kids.

And the dub isn't really "kiddified" either.

Hidden Mew
9th February 2006, 12:47 AM
...Hidden Mew's kidding, right?

No, I am not kidding. When I watch something, I usually don't want to be hearing about negativity like people wanting to kill each other or something like that. I would like to feel calm and relaxed when I watch something like an anime. Now that I think of it, I don't know what you think I'm kidding about. People have different tastes and my taste just falls into what I've already described. Anyway, it is weird how they did not want anyone out of Ireland to find out about this series. If you think about it with the Internet in mind, that doesn't make sense in a way. Oh well. I still say that what I saw was interesting to me.

Silver Ryu
9th February 2006, 1:39 AM
I kind of understand what you mean, Hidden Mew. I personally don't mind violence unless it's exaggerated or full of blood and gore, or if the whole show is just people hell-bent on killing each other for no good reason, but I understand what you mean.

I know a lot of the edits were stupid and unneccisery, and I'm not saying they were needed, if anyone was thinking about b*tching to me about it. -_-

And heh, they stopped showing it. I guess it's really a good thing. This kind of thing makes Yu-Gi-Oh look stupid.

Satoshi
9th February 2006, 1:51 AM

Yu-Gi-Oh! IS aimed at kids. The fanbase is just made up with more teens than kids. Teens enjoy it better. It's aimed at kids. Get it?

And 4kids didn't dub Naruto, it's dubbed by Viz Media/Studiopolis. Not to mention, it's a decent dub. IMO, it's between FMA and FLCL's level of good dub.

Just wait another couple of months and Japan will dub it, will make it make sense, and make it worth watching. Yay. ^_^
They didn't dub Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie, so what makes you so sure they'll dub this?

And Hidden Mew, that's understandable. But, what's worse? Sending people into an eternity of pain in the "Shadow Realm" or letting them rest in peace dead? :P

Hidden Mew
9th February 2006, 3:28 AM
And Hidden Mew, that's understandable. But, what's worse? Sending people into an eternity of pain in the "Shadow Realm" or letting them rest in peace dead? :P

Very good point there, Satoshi. Letting them rest in peace does sound nicer for them than being sent into the shadow realm. Too much violence always gives me a negative feeling inside and I don't watch any more while I watch anything. I'm glad that you and Silver Ryu understand my point of view as well as I understand both of yours. That makes me feel appreciated and heard. So thank you both so much.

Still, it does not make sense why they would just stop showing this just because it was all over the Internet. Oh well. Their the ones who probably lost a good sum of money doing all of this and stopping it out of their own free will. Now, I'll just have to watch GX, while I wait for Dawn of the Duel eventually gets back on Saturdays.

~Shining-Metagross~
10th February 2006, 5:41 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh! IS aimed at kids. The fanbase is just made up with more teens than kids. Teens enjoy it better. It's aimed at kids. Get it?

Makes sense.

And 4kids didn't dub Naruto, it's dubbed by Viz Media/Studiopolis. Not to mention, it's a decent dub. IMO, it's between FMA and FLCL's level of good dub.
Damn. The people that tell me these things are shoe in for a rant from me. X_X

They didn't dub Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie, so what makes you so sure they'll dub this?
Now this is the one point I will argue. They did. They even had a preview of it at the end of Gx....Well, one of them. The raw episodes have long been wiped from my hard-drive. Also, thier was a post about it here AGES ago.

Shadow Trainer
10th February 2006, 8:05 PM
According to Wikipedia:

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light

Main article: Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light

The second movie, often referred to as simply "Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie", was first released in North America on August 13, 2004. The movie was developed specifically for Western audiences based on the overwhelming success of the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise in the U.S. Its characters are from the second series Yu-Gi-Oh! anime. In the movie, Yugi faces Anubis, his arch-rival from his time.

The Japanese version of the movie premiered in special screenings in Japan on November 3, 2004 and normal theaters on Christmas Eve, 2004, under the title Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters: Pyramid of Light (遊戯王デュエルモンスターズ 光のピラミッド). The movie was then aired on TV Tokyo on January 2, 2005.

People who attended the movie during its premiere (U.S. or Japan) got 1 of 4 free Yu-Gi-Oh! cards.

kaibachaoschampion
11th February 2006, 2:53 AM
According to Wikipedia:

Yes indeed it was released, however I am clueles about one thing? Does anyone know how much was edited?

Also from the Yu-Gi-Oh Movie. I expect a lot.

Yes I do know the US made the movie, in this case I mean how much was added to the Japanese version?

Shadow Trainer
11th February 2006, 5:51 AM
Yes indeed it was released, however I am clueles about one thing? Does anyone know how much was edited?

Also from the Yu-Gi-Oh Movie. I expect a lot.

Yes I do know the US made the movie, in this case I mean how much was added to the Japanese version?

Again from Wikipedia:

In the English version of the movie, Seto Kaiba is pursuing his goal to defeat Yugi Muto (Yugi Mutou in the English manga and Japanese adaptations) once and for all to obtain his Egyptian God Cards. He obtains two cards, Blue Eyes Shining Dragon, and the Pyramid of Light, after defeating Maximillion Pegasus (Pegasus J. Crawford in the Japanese adaptations) in a Duel Monsters duel. Meanwhile, an entity called Anubis, which Yami Yugi (Dark Yugi in the manga) defeated 5,000* years ago (3,000 in the Japanese version), came back after Yugi solved the Millennium Puzzle. Anubis is using Seto Kaiba to get revenge on the pharaoh who defeated him many years ago. In the Japanese version of the movie, Anubis was mummified for many years, but in the present he has awakened by the Pyramid of Light and must find and use the King of Light (Kaiba) to defeat the King of Darkness (Dark Yugi) in order to revive Anubis, the King of Destruction in his flesh, while Kaiba has two strongest cards to defeat Yugi and his three Egyptian Gods.

VIZ Media released an "ani-manga" comic book version of the movie as part of their Shonen Jump lineup.

This movie is not to be confused with the 30-minute Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie that was released in Japan and produced by Toei Animation.

The movie aired in theaters in North America, Europe, and later in Japan. After the late Japanese theatrical movie release on Christmas Eve, the movie aired in Japan on TV Tokyo on January 2, 2005. The Japanese version is known to run 11 minutes longer.

In the English version of the movie, it was completely edited when it first appeared in theaters in the US, but the Japanese language version that's been released in Special Screenings and later released in theaters in Japan differs in content, complete with cards in Japanese. The reason being that the Japanese version ran 11 minutes longer is because the US version omits 11 minutes of footage. The Japanese version is in 101 minutes and the English version is originally in 90 minutes. Many scenes in the English version were omitted, switched, and some were altered. 4Kids might soon release Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Director's Cut on DVD with the newly redubbed English audio track and the Japanese audio track with English subtitles.

* The original Japanese story calls for the Pharaoh's past to take place 3000 years ago, but the English translators misread this as 3000 BC, hence the English date of 5000 years ago. A basic knowledge of Egyptian history is enough to corroborate this date - the Old Kingdom had not even begun 5000 years ago.