PDA

View Full Version : KidsWB Skipping Link-Dump

Medea
31st January 2006, 8:25 PM
Okay, that seems very weird that there are three episodes being skipped...Now that I think about it, it doesn't seem weird at all. I remember KidsWB skipping episodes in the past. But now I'm worried about the 5th ribbon contest episodes since it has Jynx. Oh well, maybe it's just me!

Serebii
31st January 2006, 8:26 PM
Well since one of the eps they're skipping aired on Toonami and the other one should be airing soon too, you shouldn't worry too much

CyberCubed
31st January 2006, 8:45 PM
May's 5th contest has been banned in the U.S. because of Jynx according to Toonzone.

While we may get the episode on DVD or CN, KidsWB won't show it. So now they've just created a major plot hole by skipping it and airing the Grand Festival and Hoenn league instead.

Serebii
31st January 2006, 8:46 PM
It has NOT been banned, Kids WB have skipped episodes many times before and aired them later

CyberCubed
31st January 2006, 8:48 PM
Um, but this isn't some lousy filler that they can air at anytime. Airing the 5th contest AFTER the Grand Festival is the stupidest thing I ever heard of.

4kids dubbed it yes, and we'll probably get it on DVD and CN, but KidsWb refuses to show it.

It's the channel that banned it, and since that's the only channel that airs Pokemon in the U.S., we won't be seeing it until Cartoon Network gets the episodes or it comes out on DVD.

Serebii
31st January 2006, 8:49 PM
Um, but this isn't some lousy filler that they can air at anytime. Airing the 5th contest AFTER the Grand Festival is the stupidest thing I ever heard of.

4kids dubbed it yes, and we'll probably get it on DVD and CN, but KidsWb refuses to show it.

It's the channel that banned it, and since that's the only channel that airs Pokemon in the U.S., we won't be seeing it until Cartoon Network gets the episodes or it comes out on DVD.
You're still jumping to conclusions about them banning it

-Totodile-
31st January 2006, 8:50 PM
The 5th Contest is being skipped!! ARGHH!! I've waited for that a long time. Hopefully they'll show it on YTV 3 weeks later....:(

jolteonjak
The way the schedule went, the Donphan episode and the first part of Pacifidlog would air together. Perhaps they just want to get the two parts together.

Gravy
Seems odd that they would skip the Donphan episode too though. There's heavy amounts of reference to the pacifidlog contest, as well as Haruka needing to win it in order to get into the Grand Festival. Sounds to me like they're trying to sweep it all under the rug :/

Even if they DO show those three episodes, they've totally mangled up the continuity of the show. What twats XP
Would certainly suck if the US never get to see Eriko. Who is awesome, I might add.

Thriller
31st January 2006, 8:52 PM
But why would they go on to the GF? It would cause a HUGE plothole if they have her go into the GF and THEN go on to have her 5th contest. Not to mention Adan told her about the Pacifidlog contest. But hold on, how come 392 has a name but not 393 if KWB is skipping the Pacifidlog contest.

On the other hand I will be PISSED if the Pacifidlog Contest was banned. The animators worked hard to get Jynx back in America.

CyberCubed
31st January 2006, 8:58 PM
KidsWb will probably never air those episodes, as airing them AFTER the Grand Festival/Hoenn league is pointless.

Thankfully 4kids dubbed them though, so we'll get them on DVD at the very least.

KidsWb is disgusting, absolutely disgusting. May's contest quest has been completely ruined in the U.S. now, and now there's no point for the show to even continue.

-Totodile-
31st January 2006, 8:59 PM
I'm with you CyberCubed. After I heard Juan bring it up last Saturday... I got excited.

Thriller
31st January 2006, 9:01 PM
Heh, I kinda feel like finding that woman who ruined Jynx and kill her.

If she did some damn research, she'd know what Jynx was really based on.

RaikousThunder
31st January 2006, 9:01 PM
They cant skip Mays final contest. They already mention a contest in Pacifidlog Town. They cant air it after she catches Munchlax or after the Grandfestival, that would be so stupid. It also messes with the story line. Why the heck does KidsWB do stupid stuff like this? They cant skip over important eps and they cant ban them because of Jynx. Its skin color is purple, its not a stereotype anymore. I'll be extremely annoyed if they skip over this contest since its got Houndoom in it. Not that i want to see it get beaten by a Skitty but i still want to see it. If they were going to move things around so the contest could be aired the same week it should go the Donphan ep then the Munchlax one, even if it still messes with the timeline. The only time i remember them showing eps out of the line was the Volbeat episode but that was a pointless filler, not an important episode. Eh Kidswb is so annoying sometimes.

Thriller
31st January 2006, 9:05 PM
Spoiler ink time!

Another reason they can't air Pacifidlog Conest after the GF is that Snorunt evolves at the end of the GF and Snorunt had a role during the Pacifidlog contest. Yes they've done that stuff before like in "Snow Way Out" but that was because Japan did it too and monkey see, monkey do.

FabuVinny
31st January 2006, 9:12 PM
The Hoenn League's answer to a lack of Gary.

I feel sorry for you in the US. While Cybercubed is overreacting a little, this is a big contest that I actually thought purple Jynx would be allowed in. Especially with the first part of the contest airing an hour ago in the UK.

Infinite Master Sceptile
31st January 2006, 9:13 PM
F*cking *ssholes. Those idiots can't get away with something so idiotic. Let's start a letter writing campaign. Maybe if they get enough hate mail, they'll come to their senses.
And Morrison?
Dumases, they are.

Kabuto
31st January 2006, 9:13 PM
I'm a little confused. Why air part 1 (with Jynx in it) and not finish part 2 >__>.

ghost master
31st January 2006, 9:14 PM
They cant skip over important eps and they cant ban them because of Jynx. Its skin color is purple, its not a stereotype anymore Its not that because they have had commercials advertising all of Advanced battle and they showed Jynx using an attack. I dont understand why though. They could've skipped the linoone episode and the wynaut episode instead if they are being crushed for time. Anyway Morrison is an awful name.

Who's Morrison? you'll find out soon. Lets just sya hes one of Ash's rivals. No he isnt Harley. Harley is one of May's rivals who dresses up like a cacturne.

I'm a little confused. Why air part 1 (with Jynx in it) and not finish part 2 >__>. They could always just combine the two episodes and take out some of the unecesary stuff.

Connor
31st January 2006, 9:14 PM
Why did they turn Jynx purple?

Kabuto
31st January 2006, 9:16 PM
Sigh, They thought was a black stereotype that needed a color change >__>.

Connor
31st January 2006, 9:17 PM
That's stupid!

CyberCubed
31st January 2006, 9:17 PM
Guys the Jynx contest episodes have been dubbed and are airing in the UK. It's the U.S. that isn't getting them, as well as the Donphan ep.

Kabuto
31st January 2006, 9:19 PM
They're not airing Donphan either? Wow, f***ing dumb***es

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Thriller
31st January 2006, 9:19 PM
o_O Please put more in your posts [/minimod]

Oh well, if I'm lucky, they can air on YTV, I can catch it there.

But still this isn't fair for the animators who turned her purple.

CyberCubed
31st January 2006, 9:20 PM
The Donphan episode has May register for her 5th contest, so that's probably why they're skipping that too.

Everything related to the 5th contest is being skipped.

ghost master
31st January 2006, 9:20 PM
They're not airing Donphan either? Wow, f**ing dumb***es that episode I could care less about. Although I wouldnt mind them skipping through some of the unimportant fillers in the BF.
Churly Ryan you are quite misinformed. If they truly didnt want Jynx to be shown then why's they air a clip of the battle on kids WB.

jolteonjak
31st January 2006, 9:21 PM
Why aren't we getting the Donphan episode?? Because of mating season I assume?

Kabuto
31st January 2006, 9:21 PM
And of course May will enter with four ribbons >__>.

Thriller
31st January 2006, 9:22 PM

That question was already answered, see CyberCubed's post. But good suggestion nonetheless.

Black Marauder
31st January 2006, 9:23 PM
Ok, Morrison? I hate KidsWB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God!!!! And skip the contest? FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omg...i could kill sumbody!!!!!!!!!!!!

CyberCubed
31st January 2006, 9:25 PM

Nah, because that has May registering for her 5th contest. And since May's 5th contest is being skipped, that's gone too.

The Donphan episode was excellent too, with the pivotal moment of May and her contest quest, the love for her brother, and the Ash/May scene. Retards.

Kabuto
31st January 2006, 9:25 PM
Couldn't they cut out May register if they were that desperate?

Thriller
31st January 2006, 9:26 PM
Skipping the Donphan episode isn't a good idea either. It was a great filler full of character development.

It involves a Shiny Donphan and also shows us that May isn't a heartless female dog as she said she'd rather miss the contest than leave Max lost on the island.

Gravy
31st January 2006, 9:27 PM
Couldn't they cut out May register if they were that desperate?
No. Because, as I already stated...

Seems odd that they would skip the Donphan episode too though. There's heavy amounts of reference to the Pacifidlog contest, as well as Haruka needing to win it in order to get into the Grand Festival. Sounds to me like they're trying to sweep it all under the rug :/
FYI, she doesn't actually register until halfway through part one of the first Pacifidlog episode, along with Erika and Joshua.

....Cybercubed's original thread that broke the news should have been left open methinks. If only to avoid cluttering up other threads with the complaining.

Kabuto
31st January 2006, 9:30 PM
I just realized, they didn't dub the clip show name. So long that too.....>__<

PDL
31st January 2006, 9:34 PM
I just realized, they didn't dub the clip show name. So long that too.....>__<

that doesn't really matter too much though... being that 90 percent of it was borrowed from past episodes... hence why it's a clip show.

FlamingRuby
31st January 2006, 9:52 PM
I'm not complaining of missing the missing episodes, we can still download the dubbed versions from places like Pocketmonsters.net to make up for the fact that Kids WB didn't show them!

CyberCubed
31st January 2006, 10:05 PM
Not everyone likes to pirate things over the internet you know. -_-

Pika Hikari KT
31st January 2006, 10:11 PM
Guys, I realized they're just going to combine the two parter into one episode(Mean with Envy). Like they've been doing with every One Piece episode lately.:p We'll still get our fifth Contest. Stupid 4Kids and their stupid Jynx ban...:@

And what's with this news about the Donphan dating episode being skipped?! It's been given a dub title(Date Expectations)...:confused: Or does it have to do with the schedule?

Masamune's new name is alright...I was sorta expecting it to be kept, like in that Johto Scizor episode.;_; ...Hey, Morrison sounds a bit similar to Harrison.T_T

Kabuto
31st January 2006, 10:15 PM
Guys, I realized they're just going to combine the two parter into one episode(Mean with Envy). Like they've been doing with every One Piece episode lately. We'll still get our fifth Contest. Stupid 4Kids and their stupid Jynx ban...

And what's with this news about the Donphan dating episode being skipped?! It's been given a dub title(Date Expectations)... Or does it have to do with the schedule?

If its true and they combine it and still air the Donphan episode then I'll still be upset but it'll have to do.

CyberCubed
31st January 2006, 10:16 PM
Once again, the Donphan and the Jynx contest 2 parter have been dubbed. They've aired in the UK.

KidsWb won't air these episodes because of Jynx, but otherwise 4kids did dub them.

Serebii
31st January 2006, 10:18 PM
Can you PLEASE just discuss Episode Titles here

Right and this is the lowdown so sssh

The Episodes Are only being skipped in America, chances are not permanently, they have done it countless times before
The eps are not being condensed into one episode
The eps are NOT banned

While it may be a silly decision, your moaning about it and saaying they're banned is even sillier especially since the UK has got the Donphan Ep, and the first part

And for the record The Donphan Episode didnt have May Register for the contest...they werent in Pacifidlog for the entire episode

So stop moaning about them being banned and about the Jynx-Racial issue...please, for the sanity of the forum

CyberCubed
31st January 2006, 10:22 PM
Well that's why I made a thread about it until Edward Elric closed it:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=104890

If you don't want all the off topic complaining to come here, then my thread should have never been closed to begin with. Of course people are going to complain when they skip something as important as the final Contest eps, so we need at least ONE thread to vent about it in.

Serebii
31st January 2006, 10:25 PM
Well its good that you're finally referring to them as SKIPPED and not Banned, its a start

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
31st January 2006, 10:41 PM
I cannot say how seriously PO'd I am. Kids WB! needs to be learn the meaning of common sense, a quality they do NOT possess.

What I'm thankful for, though, is that they aired the Adan episodes, even with Adan mentioning the 5th Contest. Granted, they could barely skip Ash's 8th Badge. The children migt be dumb enough to not miss the 5th Ribbon thing, but every child who enjoys Pok&#233;mon would know that there was something missing if they didn't see Ash win his 8th Badge.

Frankly, I'd quite like to see the audience notice that May never got her 5th Ribbon and have KidsWB get swarmed by hate mail XD I'd quite like to see them work their way out of that.

Oh, didn't read the note >_> Anyway, the Titles are quite good, really. I like the Episode 400 Title most =)

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Swellow
31st January 2006, 10:50 PM
So no Coconut Fred for another week even the last time i saw an episode on TV was let me see hmm Beg, Borrow and Steal. I might have to tape these two episodes or save it for the Grand Festival and Munchlax and Morrison if they get a debut the same day.

MidnightScott
31st January 2006, 11:50 PM
That one little site does not confirm that they skipped anything.

CyberCubed - you need to stop freaking out - it's just 2 episodes - also, it's not confirmed...so quit making people turn into idiots.

It's weird that a Dub title for the Donphan episode has been released but the one for the 2nd Pacifidlog episode hasn't...

~Scott;229;

MidnightScott
1st February 2006, 12:08 AM
If you've seen an episode in Japanese and no what its about - why are you so worried if its skipped? I mean come on now...

BTW, how many episodes are left and what do you think the last episodes of the 8th Season will be called?

~Scott;229;

ghost master
1st February 2006, 12:08 AM
That one little site does not confirm that they skipped anything.

CyberCubed - you need to stop freaking out - it's just 2 episodes - also, it's not confirmed...so quit making people turn into idiots.http://tv.tribune.com/whatson/kids/0,1181,ktla-11,00.html

Well lets see one week it shows linoone and wynaut the next is the munchlax and masanume episode. Sorry but, it makes no sense to do it out of order. Also the dub titles have been released all the way up to the entire GF. There's also no point to air the episode once the GF has begun. Sorry but, its extremely likely we'll either never see it or see it later on out of order.

MidnightScott
1st February 2006, 12:13 AM
Dude, you know it could also be an error. Have you seen other tv schedules ay the exact same thing? Most likely not - there are always errors in TV Schedules - I tend to see them alot.

If you noticed - Serebii didn't even know the episode title, because they aired an episode before anyone saw it - thats why no one know's the title :/

I can't wait for the BF to start though. There are some amazing battles in there.

~Scott;229;

Champion Jared 14
1st February 2006, 12:19 AM
They can't possibly skip the contest episodes with Jynx in them. I mean, how else is May supposed to get her five ribbons? Skipping those episodes would leave a LOT of serious confusion.

ChaosMage
1st February 2006, 12:24 AM
They can't possibly skip the contest episodes with Jynx in them. I mean, how else is May supposed to get her five ribbons? Skipping those episodes would leave a LOT of serious confusion.

I'm pretty sure that any fans capable of counting to five and applying it to a cartoon show don't really care... any of us over five years old know what happens.

MidnightScott
Exactly - they won't remove anything that is dire(sp?) to the plot - that would just be a repeat of taking Legend of Dratini away...Ash & Brock caught 30 Tauros and he just magically had them -_-;

~Scott;229;

Serebii
Didnt I say to STOP THIS DISCUSSION. KidsWB has skipped multiple episodes before for no reason, its nothing new

The reason we dont have the title for Part 2 is because it wasnt on the Feb KWB schedule and the episode doesnt air in the UK til tomorrow. We got 392 today because it aired today

V Faction
1st February 2006, 1:04 AM
I wish people wouldn't jump to conclusion mats.

PDL
1st February 2006, 4:28 AM
I just hope that KidsWB will air these episodes in the end... even if it is out of order...

Poké_Master
1st February 2006, 4:29 AM
I sent them an e-mail requesting that they make last-minute changes to the schedule and air the episodes and so have some of my friends but I doubt they will

Jesse GS the II
1st February 2006, 3:40 PM
Oh, for Christ's sake, I hate this stupid fanbase. Kids' WB postpones a few episodes and you all fly off the handle. Jackanapes.

I'll just cover all my bases and say that pretty much all the new dub titles are mediocre (except "Rhapsody in Drew" - that's one of the rare ones that makes you think).

CyberCubed
1st February 2006, 8:25 PM
Nice to see 4kids actually have a spine unlike KidsWB. Too bad we'll never get to see these episodes on TV though, thanks to those scumbags.

You guys in the UK are lucky.

Serebii
1st February 2006, 8:27 PM
WILL YOU GIVE IT A REST

You do not know if they will air them or not so enough with the absolute that they wont

PDL
1st February 2006, 8:32 PM
we only know KidsWB schedule for the next two weeks for sure IIRC

maybe they'll air it right after ^^;

in the mean time... please stop panicing like chicken little... it's only scaring children and annoying everyone else

CyberCubed
1st February 2006, 8:34 PM
we only know KidsWB schedule for the next two weeks for sure IIRC

maybe they'll air it right after ^^;

in the mean time... please stop panicing like chicken little... it's only scaring children and annoying everyone else

Actually Toonzone has the schedule for all of February. KidsWb is going straight into the Grand Festival for the rest of February. Airing a Hoenn Contest after the GF is done makes absolutely no sense, so I doubt they'll air it at all at this rate.

Anyway the only title out of this batch that I liked was "Deceit and Assist". The others were OK for the most part.

Atoyont
1st February 2006, 11:46 PM
Nice to see 4kids actually have a spine unlike KidsWB. Too bad we'll never get to see these episodes on TV though, thanks to those scumbags.

You guys in the UK are lucky.

CyberCubed, the only real reason you hate Kids WB for skipping these episodes is because they star May (your favorite character). Of course, I haven't been watching the shows recently, so I don't care much. ^^; Not to mention the only thing I like about the contests is the cool move combos. I just like normal battling better. Of course, Harley is the only other thing I like about the contests. But I agree with the UK guys being lucky.

Back on topic.....
I think they should have kept Masamune's name. He looks Japanese. LOL.

ghost master
2nd February 2006, 12:18 AM
True. To me, though, May is sorta just a background character. I mean, she's just there. oh well i'll respet your opinion but, IMO and according to the people who created the show she is the co-star of AG not like Brock, Max and Misty. Heck May's storyline is more complex and interesting after watching Ash get 19 badges from before this saga.

CyberCubed
2nd February 2006, 12:22 AM
True. To me, though, May is sorta just a background character. I mean, she's just there.

Uh-huh, this is why she's been in constant spotlight since she was introduced.

And I am royally ****** about the episodes not just because May is the star of them, but because they are IMPORTANT. If they were fillers I may not have minded so much, but the Donphan episode has an insane level of character development for Ash, May and Max, and the Contests are automatically important.

It creates major plot holes in a 100+ episode long story arc.

Atoyont
2nd February 2006, 12:27 AM
Misty was more well developed as a character than May.

And the Donphan Ep IS a filler.

shining-Celebi
2nd February 2006, 12:36 AM

Please don't try to start a flame war.

The Donphan episode might have been a filler, but it was one of the best :P

V Faction
2nd February 2006, 1:54 AM
Odd. I don't quite recall people making a big thing out of the Donphan episode when it aired in Japan. Do things get better with age or am I missing something here? =P

EDIT: Ah, well, I take that back. Snorunt's Ice Beam kicked in here. Still, let's not get in over our heads.

CyberCubed
2nd February 2006, 2:13 AM
It's not just that, but there's the Ash/May/Max stuff which gives all 3 of them some character development. I was so dying to see that scene too.

Plus May takes out Team Rocket in that episode with all 4 of her Pokemon. How cool is that?

PDL
2nd February 2006, 2:22 AM
you know, maybe these episodes are being skipped right now because they want to air both contest episodes on the same saturday...

of course, if they would have to move episodes around to make it neat... and they have to compensate for that clip episode and make it so that the Grand Festival is aired uninterupted as well.

so KidsWB may have their reasons other then just "being retarded"...

Manene!
2nd February 2006, 2:23 AM
"Less Is Morrison"

I bet they picked that name just to use that title. XD

They should of called him Masamune or Mason. Bit, I think we are all damned to "Rrison's" for Ash's rivals.

Poké_Master
2nd February 2006, 2:24 AM
I just wanted to see them!

CyberCubed
2nd February 2006, 2:25 AM
you know, maybe these episodes are being skipped right now because they want to air both contest episodes on the same saturday...

of course, if they would have to move episodes around to make it neat... and they have to compensate for that clip episode and make it so that the Grand Festival is aired uninterupted as well.

so KidsWB may have their reasons other then just "being retarded"...

Maybe, but this is the schedule Toonzone received from KidsWB:

February 4th:
820: Showdown at Linoone
821: Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut?

February 11th:
825: Berry, Berry Interesting
826: Less is Morrison

February 18th:
827: The Ribbon Cup Caper
828: Hi Ho Silver Wind!

February 25th:
829: Deciet and Assist
830: Rhapsody and Drew

As you can see, they're airing the Grand Festival this month. So unless on the first Saturday of March they magically go back and remember they skipped the Donphan and final contest episodes, I don't think they'll air for awhile.

Why they would air the Grand Festival before the final contest is mind boggling anyway, but I'd rather these episodes air then not air at all, even if the continuity will be screwed. :/

V Faction
2nd February 2006, 2:41 AM
It's not just that, but there's the Ash/May/Max stuff which gives all 3 of them some character development. I was so dying to see that scene too.

Plus May takes out Team Rocket in that episode with all 4 of her Pokemon. How cool is that?
It IS just that. For some of us.

But as others have pointed out, you had your heart set on that (and on May), so it's no wonder you'd be as upset as you are.

Momoko Lover
2nd February 2006, 3:11 AM

I don't think the episode can really be considered a filler, since there's lot of character development like Cybercubed said, and plus I think Chimecho learns Astonish in this episode, or whatever attack it learns in this episode.

V Faction
2nd February 2006, 3:24 AM
Astonish. Not necessarily learned, just used in a different way (instead of looking like Screech it looks like Scary Face now).

CyberCubed
2nd February 2006, 3:31 AM
It IS just that. For some of us.

But as others have pointed out, you had your heart set on that (and on May), so it's no wonder you'd be as upset as you are.

Let me put it this way, anyone with a heart who cares about story progression and character development should be upset that these episodes have been skipped, and are currently not scheduled to be shown anytime soon.

The Donphan episode was more than just about silly Donphan using Roll Out and Snorunt using Ice beam.

It was the pivotal moment for May's stance on her Contest quest, her brother Max, her promise to her mother Caroline, the Ash/May mentor/student dynamic, and in general added a substantial layer of depth to May's character in particular.

Sure, as a major May fan I'm more pissed than I would be had these episodes been about any non-Ash character, (I'd be hella pissed if they skipped a Gym battle too for example), but the point still stands.

It is sickening and degrading to the viewers. Not only because of the major plot hole of May's 5th ribbon and gutting the climax of a 100+ episode story arc, but also for violently raping characters of their character development. This is NOT ok in my books.

The Big Al
2nd February 2006, 3:49 AM
Here, here. I might not care for the contest but I do care for continuity. To skip a contest is unforgivable. I don't care what Serebii says, this is unprecedented. This is more than shuffling a few stray filler (not to mention "Holiday Hi-Jynx" and "Snow Way Out" could be justified as holiday specials). This is skipping over an event that has impacts on the following episodes. KidsWB is insulting our intellegence if they think we won't notice.

Not mention this is all to bring that fat slob to us faster (and I'm not talking about the red head with the Beldum).

Or, even worse, to protect the little kiddies from the evil Jynx. Just because one bigot (that woman was a total bigot, just read her comments on Jynx and you'll see the hatred and racism that flows through her words) ironically called Jynx a racist stereotype, KidsWB will not show an episode with a Jynx with any major roll.

As for the titles, they're all the basic 4Kids puns, nothing special.

Jo-Jo
2nd February 2006, 3:49 AM
"Violently raping"? What the hell?

It was a good episode and a pivotal moment for May, etc., but let's not go nuts. Most viewers are not going to feel violated if they don't get to see the Donphan ep.

Poké_Master
2nd February 2006, 3:57 AM
I'm violated! I really want to see those episodes and the gap in continuity may make me stop watching!

Jesse GS the II
2nd February 2006, 3:58 AM
Let me put it this way, anyone with a heart who cares about story progression and character development should be upset that these episodes have been skipped, and are currently not scheduled to be shown anytime soon.

The Donphan episode was more than just about silly Donphan using Roll Out and Snorunt using Ice beam.

It was the pivotal moment for May's stance on her Contest quest, her brother Max, her promise to her mother Caroline, the Ash/May mentor/student dynamic, and in general added a substantial layer of depth to May's character in particular.

Sure, as a major May fan I'm more pissed than I would be had these episodes been about any non-Ash character, (I'd be hella pissed if they skipped a Gym battle too for example), but the point still stands.

It is sickening and degrading to the viewers. Not only because of the major plot hole of May's 5th ribbon and gutting the climax of a 100+ episode story arc, but also for violently raping characters of their character development. This is NOT ok in my books.

I care about story and character development as much as the next guy (well, around here, I actually care about it a hell of a lot more than the next guy). However, I don't care about the dub, so it's no skin off my nose. The Japanese got it right, and the Americans got it wrong. What else is new?

CyberCubed
2nd February 2006, 4:00 AM
"Violently raping"? What the hell?

It was a good episode and a pivotal moment for May, etc., but let's not go nuts. Most viewers are not going to feel violated if they don't get to see the Donphan ep.

That's because a lot of people, like V Faction in particular, don't really remember what actually happened in the episode.

The first thing that comes to mind is, "Oh a bunch of Donphan use Roll Out in their mating rituals and Snorunt practices Ice beam."

And so they think it's a pointless filler and ignore it, not knowing/remembering about all the Ash/May/Max stuff in that episode.

Instead, May has been stabbed in the back and is degraded into being a token female character who cares more about her Contests than her darling brother.

It's just repulsive. And the Donphan episode shouldn't have been skipped anyway since Jynx doesn't even appear in that ep.

Jo-Jo
2nd February 2006, 4:12 AM
So...... May is a horrible token female character who doesn't care about her brother in every single episode up until the Donphan ep, but in that one special ep, she suddenly turns into a wonderful person who loves her brother? And anyone who doesn't get to see this pivotal ep will never realise this, and instead continue to think of her as a horrible uncaring token female? Sorry, but that's ridiculous. I never saw the ep and was largely unaware of what happened in it until very recently, yet strangely I never had a problem figuring out that May was a nice person who probably cared more about Max than about personal glory.

V Faction
2nd February 2006, 5:15 AM
Please don't place words into my mouth.

I miss episodes. I miss them all the time. I either miss them by mistake or because I have other duties. Things like that happen. These will simply be more missed episodes. It is NOT something to get worked up on.

Listen to Jesse. Despite his lopsided view on the dub, he posts a very true point. CyberCubed, you know what happens in the episode. Not seeing it in English at that very point in time is not going to affect ANY form of continuity, emotion, character development, or plot. All of that is retained because you have studied these events so closely. You know the outcome. The episode has already happened.

I don't believe what I'm trying to describe will make much sense. I don't believe you are ever going to come to grips with what has occured. But, despite any of that, I calmly ask for you to chill out in the smoothest possible sense.

S.Suikun
2nd February 2006, 6:39 AM
Unless you have seen the Japanese versions of the episodes, however, simple summaries and even screencaps cannot convey the entire episode. Take the Ralts episode, for example. You cannot fathom the amount of emotion in the episode simply by looking at the main site's pics. From those, it seems like a mere filler with no point or soul. True, we have an advantage over typical viewers in knowing what has truly happened, but we are still unable to experience it.

For me, it isn't the end of the world because I was finally hoping to see the Red Gyarados arc for the first time on CN last weekend, only to discover at the last second that Pokemon has been taken off its schedule completely. Yes, it pisses me off. Big whoop.

(We should really dedicate a separate thread to this, with assurance that it will not be locked, of course)

Serebii
2nd February 2006, 11:12 AM
Will you stop bloody ruining this thread with this BS

Thank you