PDA

View Full Version : PokemonPower ::New Site::

PKMN Trainer Nella
3rd February 2006, 2:49 AM
http://pokemonpower.blueflameheaven.com

Celebrating 1 year! (which means it's a new site, right?) I do my best to give you unique content, but due to some of my image hosts closing down, you may see some broken images (such as on my spriting guide page). We have over 100 pages, total. Not many spammers go there, I haven't seen one in months! No, in my website life. ^^ Hope you enjoy your stay! (If you have FireFox my site wont work, I think)

SuperShadow the Hedgehog
3rd February 2006, 3:37 AM
Nice layout, but you might want to change the color of it to something a little darker so its not bad on the eyes.

Illusionist_Kirby
3rd February 2006, 6:36 AM
Awesome site, PKMN Trainer Nella! Your content is great and worth reading. The layout takes a while to load on my computer, but that's probably only because it's heavily image-based.

PKMN Trainer Nella
3rd February 2006, 10:56 PM
Thank you so much! I will make a warning on my splash page saying that it's heavily image based. I'll also change the text color. ^_^

chaos on the internet
4th February 2006, 5:27 PM
no, it's because some of the PNGs are actually BMPs with the wrong extention and the filesize is through the roof

the orange + blue kind of hurts my eyes, and the cursor changing over links is annoying. I would definately calm down on the affiliates/topsites too, and the bottom image with the disclaimer is unreadable.

also, dont use disable right click code... anyone adamant about stealing can take it anyway. there is no way to protect except for watermarks.

PKMN Trainer Nella
4th February 2006, 6:00 PM
Excuse me but, I have no blue links and my disclaimer shows very quickly for everyone. o_0 And I dont have a disable right click code.

EDIT: Can you screenshot the page? If you don't use IE then I'm definetly going to say don't get FireFox if you want to see my site properly-- Or, say use Internet Explorer to see the site.

chaos on the internet
4th February 2006, 6:08 PM
I didn't say the disclaimer loaded slowly, I said the text on it was unreadable. I am using Firefox to view your site, but it's your fault that the links are blue, not Firefox's.

A:link { text-decoration: none; color:"#FFFF33"; }
A:visited { text-decoration: none; color:"#FFFF33"; }
A:hover { text-decoration:none; color:"#FF9900"; cursor:w-resize; }

Don't put quotes around the color if you want it to show right in Firefox.

And you do have disable right click code, http://pokemonpower.blueflameheaven.com/hospital.shtml

Dragonfree
4th February 2006, 8:50 PM
chaos is right, you're right now using incorrect CSS for the links which Internet Explorer is parsing even though it isn't supposed to. :/ Fixing it won't break the code in IE, either, so there's no reason not to fix it.

Magma Leader Maxie
4th February 2006, 10:02 PM
also, dont use disable right click code... anyone adamant about stealing can take it anyway. there is no way to protect except for watermarks.

Yeah, most people really dislike dynamicdrive content anyway. Plus, my Firefox is configured not to run any JavaScript except from sites that I approve, so I wouldn't have known that right click was disabled if I hadn't seen the notice.

Another thing: You don't have to give dynamicdrive.com credit for that script.
Take a look at this segment of your page source:

//Disable right mouse click Script
//By Maximus (maximus@nsimail.com) w/ mods by DynamicDrive
//For full source code, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com

It's all there, so there's no need.

chaos on the internet
4th February 2006, 10:43 PM
haha I just noticed the getting hits guide and online safety guides, those are hilarious

i'd read http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=101079 if you want to understand how to get hits ;)

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
9th February 2006, 3:45 PM
Ow, the Style hurts my eyes! =( So, you update every two days, try to truthfully update more. First two posts a one day difference, but apart from that, two days. Your Don't click here page isn't annoying, anyone in the right mind can skip through the quickly. No award? That sucks. The Me Section is completely irrelivent. I hate you. Why with the popups?! Right, I'm ending this review RIGHT. HERE!

pisces_beedrill
9th February 2006, 3:52 PM
i love the site. so colourful and interesting. excellent. proffesional. as well as:
1985, 1992, 1999, 1998
Beedrill
You have a nasty appearance. You have a short fuse, too. But you can be unusually kind at times. You love to eat, and do scavenger hunts. Your mind is slightly higher than average if use brain power.

that is so like me!

PKMN Trainer Nella
11th February 2006, 11:18 PM
OmG. I just noticed that. New layout coming soon. And Broken Wings, that post was offending 7-7. I only made that because most of the sites that inspired me had that section. And remember, this is MY opinion, ok? I'll fix the links. Erm, should I put red text with pink background? Must have suggestions... must have a good site... Must have a site that at least 100 people in the universe like... (that's my goal, for now. I don't want to rush into huge goals)

EDIT: Didn't I say I was a friggin beginner -.-

Mega
12th February 2006, 2:54 PM
OmG. I just noticed that. New layout coming soon. And Broken Wings, that post was offending 7-7. I only made that because most of the sites that inspired me had that section. And remember, this is MY opinion, ok? I'll fix the links. Erm, should I put red text with pink background? Must have suggestions... must have a good site... Must have a site that at least 100 people in the universe like... (that's my goal, for now. I don't want to rush into huge goals)

EDIT: Didn't I say I was a friggin beginner -.-
We'll Actually what brokin wings was sayin was true. There is some useless sections but it's okay. Better than my site.

:: Skarpo ::
12th February 2006, 3:38 PM
I finally get here to Serebii......Hey Nella, this is Myuureon.

It definately needs a layout change X3

You could improve some content areas, and get rid of some.

But thats just me........

Do whatever ye want =D

~Skar

PKMN Trainer Nella
12th February 2006, 5:20 PM
>.> I know I need a layout change.

*kicks stupid Paint*

I'm in a HORRIBLE mood so I really don't want to take more than 3 crits at a time 7-7 What content areas should I improve on? (And no, I am not going to restart my FireRed game for more information. I'd kill my self for my game. Serious.) And wow. Everyone hates me and my site. *goes to admin CP to make a "I'm going to delete my site" bar thing* If you don't see my, I'm probably at some other forum crying my head off virtually) All these replies and insults and harsh crits to a person WHO JUST STARTED MAKING WEBSITES is making me very happy. Very happy... Now knowing that only 65% of people (all together) like my site... >.>; I better start screaming never to rate my layout for now on.

Mega
12th February 2006, 7:21 PM
Strange.............. Have been hit in the head lately?

PKMN Trainer Nella
12th February 2006, 10:34 PM
Truthfully, yes. I accidently tripped, people said I did a backflip, then I felt lightheaded. Then I couldn't remember anything. And just so you know, I have hard time thinking straight. (AKA: mild retardation)

Shiny Spoink
13th February 2006, 3:04 AM
Hi PTN, hi Myurreon

Thats just mean broken wings, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all

Magma Leader Maxie
13th February 2006, 3:45 PM
###### PART 1 ######
(a quick rant)

Thats just mean broken wings, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all

I'm sorry... I don't see a "Post a link to your site here and you will get nice cuddly replies about how good it is!" sign anywhere.

Most people want good site ratings, not made up fables about how nice their site is. You should just include "Go easy on me, I'm new to HTML" in your first post if you want people to be less critical in the analysis of your site. But I don't honestly see the point of wanting people to post one thing, when they think another.

So I suggest you be equally as critical towards whoever posts here as they are being to you.

######### PART 2 ###########
(Back on topic)

Well, your site hasn't improved much, and as for your choice of colour... I can only say that it is certainly not phantasmagorical. Now for me to say exactly the same thing in a different way: Aaaaa!!! My eyes.... MY EYES!!!

Also, I don't really get what you meant with that marquee under "Don't click here" but hey... it's not that bad.

You still haven't cut your affiliate bar. Trust me on this one, having that many is only a waste of perfectly good bandwidth and disk space. >>

Also, I can see you got rid of the staff log-in page. You'll have a more secure site now (by about 10%- if you can't see the link, only highly motivated people will try to log in).

PKMN Trainer Nella
14th February 2006, 1:11 AM
Actually, I wanted crits, but I didn't want people to say they hate me. I'd be fine if he didn't say he hated me. >> Anyway, my site used to be a 7 paged easy site builder with less content that one page on my site. Yea, people keep on asking me to affy. It's just EXTREMELY hard for me to refuse.

Shiny Spoink
14th February 2006, 4:21 AM
I have an idea!You could make a seperate page full of mini affies(like my site)

yeah, the I hate you was very unneeded

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
14th February 2006, 8:01 AM
THANKYOU Team Magma Maxie. I know I said I hate you, but I just hate the site, and, bieng me, I send my hate, not meaningly towards the creator. I apologise.
But there are SOME good things about the site, it has no ads. You've changed the name to a better, same with the layout, but now its pink, so maybe you could add a Style selector? I apologise again.

Shiny Spoink
14th February 2006, 5:00 PM
Meh, good enough for me

PKMN Trainer Nella
14th February 2006, 10:39 PM
It's OK. I thought you meant by hating me. XD Well, I wanted a more mature name so... yeah. I'm making a style switcher, later, with about 7 layouts to choose from so there must be on that isn't eye hurting. XD I've been thinking about my layout because it was like the girliest color of them all. XD

Shiny Spoink
4th March 2006, 6:50 AM
Cool!Blastoise layout!