PDA

View Full Version : Castform and Kecleon

Rei
3rd February 2006, 8:13 AM
I was wondering what your opinion on these pokemon was, seeing as they both change type, are they worth using?

Absol!
3rd February 2006, 8:25 AM
In my opinion, Castfrom, no, Keckleon, maybe. I have used neither of these in my teams, however Castform can make a fair contest Pokemon.

pikachu146
3rd February 2006, 11:23 AM
Castform can do some special sweeping,but Keclean can trick band.I'd choose Keclean if I were you.
Use this set
Keclean @ Choice Band
~ Return / Double-Edge
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Punch
~ Fire Blast/Trick
Choice bander,Keclean has usable attack to pull it off .Fire blast to kill SKarmory,trick can screw your opponent up.
Give it about 96 special attack EVs,and it should be able to 2 hit KO Skarmory with fire blast.

Char1016
3rd February 2006, 2:09 PM
I don't think that they're very good but Kecleon is better, and Castform doesn't change it's type when using Hail, Sunny Day and Rain Dance.

PikaPikaChu
3rd February 2006, 2:35 PM
Yes, Castform CHANGE type with Sunny Day/Hail/Rain Dance.

Volteon
3rd February 2006, 5:20 PM
castform just doesn´t changes it´s type in sandstorms.

I like castform better, it´s one poor glalie, but it has the best signature move!
(IIRC weather ball can deal at most 225 base power without aplying Weakness or resistance)
(450 BaseDamage in double weakness and 900 BD in 4x weakness :o)

TOY MACHINE
3rd February 2006, 8:50 PM
CASTFORM IS ONLY EFFECTIVE WITH A WEATHER TEAM
needing

Groudon
Kyogre
Sunny Beamer
Castform
Swift Swimmer
Somthing Phisical

im not one that uses ubers but they work well

understand

and kecleon is usable never

aipomkong
3rd February 2006, 8:56 PM
castform just doesn´t changes it´s type in sandstorms.

(IIRC weather ball can deal at most 225 base power without aplying Weakness or resistance)

1) true but weather all becomes a rock type attack

2) lol no, whether ball is a 100 base power move with a type of weather in play, and 50 without

PDL
3rd February 2006, 9:00 PM
2) lol no, whether ball is a 100 base power move with a type of weather in play, and 50 without

does it also get STAB when Castform is that respective type?

and also wouldn't it be boosted still by sunny day or rain dance?

aipomkong
3rd February 2006, 10:15 PM
gets stab yes, but i'm pretty sure sunny day/rain dance won't effect power as it is not naturally a fire/water type attack

Pika_Princess
4th February 2006, 2:57 AM
I trained a castform on my emerald (because I was bored), and it is actually pretty decent. I suggest using it in two-on-two battles, you can train weaker water and fire types that don't know rain dance and sunny day.
weather ball: base 50*2=100+STAB=150+Sunny day/rain dance=225
The move type changes with the weather. Case closed.