PDA

View Full Version : LOL The worst DBZ movies

RED1992
3rd February 2006, 9:35 AM
LOL I hate Lord Slug(Super Saiyan Goku) and The second Broly Movie. Lord Slug's like a repeat of the Piccolo Daimao saga and all Broly does in Movie 10's throw tiny little ki balls and stand still. Good animation wasted on a bad movie. Also I thought the DB's couldn't grant the same wish again? (not the Namekian ones, though.) Also Movie 12 and 13 were kinda f***ed up LOL if base Goku could keep up with Janemba why da hell did he lose so horribly as a SSJ2??!! And Mystic is STRONGER than SSJ3 people!!!

Chris
3rd February 2006, 10:04 AM
Uh..Broli did WAY MORE than just standing. You're overexaggerating. e_e The Earth Dragon Balls were powered up when Dende became the new God of Earth and made his own version of the Earth Dragon Balls.

Goku knew Janenba wasn't fighting at full power and got knocked around even after he transformed and started whipping Super Saiyan 3 Goku. And in case you weren't aware, Goku was still taking some pretty bad damage from Hildegarn. He barely made it with the Dragon Fist, which is pretty much an instant death move.

RED1992
3rd February 2006, 9:17 PM
LOL Hildegarn's cheap. He's a weakling giant bug who vanishes into thin air every time he gets attacked. He sucks. And Janenba isn't really very strong at all. All he can do is completely violate the laws of physics.

p.s. Dende only powered them up so they can grant more wishes. Lord Slug shouldn't have gotten young because Piccolo Daimao did the same thing already. Also Lord Slug took place WAY before Dende became kami. That's also a giant plot hole in movie 10. The DB's only granted 1 wish, when it should've been 3(2 if u wish back more than 1 person.)

RomanMack
3rd February 2006, 10:24 PM
Well... The worst movie for me was "Bio Broly".

God, I hated that one...

RED1992
3rd February 2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah me too. Bio Broly's weaker than broly I hate him. He can't even beat 2 SSJ kids.

Brinstar
3rd February 2006, 10:57 PM
I'm one of the few hardcore DB fans that actually liked Lord Slug. Sure, it was a rehased plot, but the animation of Goku in his Quasi Super Saiyan form was pretty cool.

My most hated movie? Toughie... I'm gonna have to go with either movie 3 or 11. (haven't seen 10 yet due to disinterest).

Kal-El
3rd February 2006, 10:58 PM
Red, I believe the trick is the Dragonballs can only REVIVE someone once. However, you can still ask for any other wish.

I think the people who produce these movies have a different idea of the word "CUT" because the Tree of Might seemed a little... Too revealing.

I've only seen two: Tree of Might and World's Strongest. Personally, I didn't like World's Strongest. Although it was funny how they thought Roshi was the greatest warrior on earth.

RED1992
3rd February 2006, 11:08 PM
Red, I believe the trick is the Dragonballs can only REVIVE someone once. However, you can still ask for any other wish.

I think the people who produce these movies have a different idea of the word "CUT" because the Tree of Might seemed a little... Too revealing.

I've only seen two: Tree of Might and World's Strongest. Personally, I didn't like World's Strongest. Although it was funny how they thought Roshi was the greatest warrior on earth.
Thanks for proving that YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DBZ. The reason you can't revive someone twice is because the dragon can't grant the same wish, no matter how cleverly you phrase it. you=know nothing.

Locke Yggdrasill
3rd February 2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks for proving that YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DBZ. The reason you can't revive someone twice is because the dragon can't grant the same wish, no matter how cleverly you phrase it. you=know nothing.
Punch him in the face, why don't you? ¬¬;
I'd rather not get into a debate on this. :<

Well, I'd have to say....Cooler's Revenge.

RED1992
3rd February 2006, 11:20 PM
Punch him in the face, why don't you? ¬¬;
I'd rather not get into a debate on this. :<

You're just as moronic as the first guy. If you've bothered to watch the first couple of episodes you'll hear Goku saying Roshi and Kuririn can't be revived because the dragon can't grant the same wish twice. ur IQ=-20

Locke Yggdrasill
3rd February 2006, 11:28 PM
I can't be arsed to watch the first few episodes. :)
And, in all actuality, my intelligenct quotient equals 141.
<<; I'm dealing with a hypocrite.

Luke Groundwalker
3rd February 2006, 11:28 PM
I dislike Lord Slug and Bio-Broly. :\ (Just about what everyone else hates.)

You're just as moronic as the first guy. If you've bothered to watch the first couple of episodes you'll hear Goku saying Roshi and Kuririn can't be revived because the dragon can't grant the same wish twice. ur IQ=-20
LOL! Pure irony. (Spelling check, please? ;) )

Kal-El
3rd February 2006, 11:44 PM
Hm... I must be non-existant to not know anything. Sorry I couldn't remember the first episode as opposed to the rest of the series which refers to it as a rule that you can't revive the same person twice. >>

Skiks
3rd February 2006, 11:44 PM
It means the same thing Red. You can't be revived twice because you can't ask for the same wish twice. So saying you can't be revived twice is technically fine to say.
I don't like the Bio-Broly movie.

MarcmenX
4th February 2006, 12:13 AM
Bio Brolly is the worst, The rest I either loved, liked, or could tolerate

Chris
4th February 2006, 1:31 AM
YOU know nothing. Do you not know how many times they've revived people? Shenlong could not grant life to someone he's already granted life to before. Hence why Goku advised Roshi and Kuririn not to go fight Radditz and why Tenshinhan was angry at Chaozu's death. They all died once before and had been brought back. Had it gone the way you said it, Goku couldn't have been brought back.

Dende powered up the Dragon Balls to grant the same wish more than once and to add an additional wish. Hence why Goku told the group not to wish him back after the Cell Games were done.

YOU know NOTHING.

LOL Hildegarn's cheap. He's a weakling giant bug who vanishes into thin air every time he gets attacked. He sucks. And Janenba isn't really very strong at all. All he can do is completely violate the laws of physics.
Yes because pummeling all of the Super Saiyans makes one weak. e_e

MagicBox
4th February 2006, 4:14 AM
Geez, no love for Bio-Broly. I must be one of the only people who found it enjoyable (I admit, it's one of the most watched DBZ movies in my collection). My least favorite is Lord Slug, like many of you. There wasn't anything in that movie that we hadn't already seen before.

- Goku defeats the villian with a Genki Dama, just like movies 2 & 3.
- Kuririn is once again defeated with one measly punch, even though it took MUCH more to bring Gohan down, and the difference in their power wasn't all that different in this part of the storyline.
- Villian has three henchmen, most of which are defeated by Goku.

The only new thing was that False SSJ Goku thing, which we didn't even really need to see in the first place. It really only caused confusion for the fanbase.

If I had to pick my second least favorite, it would have to be Super Android #13, but then again, I've only seen the dub, so that's not really a fair judgement.

Dende powered up the Dragon Balls to grant the same wish more than once. Hence why Goku told the group not to wish him back after the Cell Games were done.But Dende didn't power up the Dragon Balls to be able to wish a person back more than once. The group was going to go to Namek and wish him back, since that dragon can bring a person back as many times as he wants. Goku stopped them from going to Namek; he didn't stop them from wishing him back with the Earth Dragon Balls.

Chris
4th February 2006, 4:24 AM
If I had to pick my second least favorite, it would have to be Super Android #13, but then again, I've only seen the dub, so that's not really a fair judgement.
I don't blame you. The dub was HORRENDOUS. o_O; Android #13 was given a hillbilly, redneck accent just because of him wearing a hat that made him look somewhat like a trucker. None of the music matched up. Then you have that ridiculous line at the end that was completely out of character for Vegeta and Piccolo. >_>

The original was far more superior. :s

But Dende didn't power up the Dragon Balls to be able to wish a person back more than once. The group was going to go to Namek and wish him back, since that dragon can bring a person back as many times as he wants. Goku stopped them from going to Namek; he didn't stop them from wishing him back with the Earth Dragon Balls.
Hm, my memory's a little hazy with the Cell saga. That's probably the only saga of Z I've seen a less amount of times. X_x Though I do recall there not being any mention of going to Namek since they didn't know where the new Namek was in the manga, but rather they tried thinking of a different way. o_o

Locke Yggdrasill
4th February 2006, 4:36 AM
I don't blame you. The dub was HORRENDOUS. o_O; Android #13 was given a hillbilly, redneck accent just because of him wearing a hat that made him look somewhat like a trucker. None of the music matched up. Then you have that ridiculous line at the end that was completely out of character for Vegeta and Piccolo. >_>

Oh, THANK GOD!
That's one of the only DBZ movies I bought, and I absolutely hated it. I'll have to try the original.

MagicBox
4th February 2006, 4:50 AM
Though I do recall there not being any mention of going to Namek since they didn't know where the new Namek was in the manga, but rather they tried thinking of a different way. o_oI popped in my DVD to make sure, and yeah, they do consider going to Namek to wish Goku back, since Dende knew where it was and he made the dragon, meaning it knew where new Namek was as well. That's about the time that Goku stops them, saying not to go through all the trouble. They say that in both the dub and the original.

No idea about the manga, though. o_o;

And I remember that "Not 'til the fish jumps!" line. That's the kind of thing my grandmother would hear and say "Aww, dat's cute!". Heh, I had a pretty good hunch it wasn't in the original. XD

Chris
4th February 2006, 6:56 AM
Hm, so they did consider it in the anime. I did check the manga and it wasn't considered as an option.

Yeah, in the original all they did was sit silent until the fish leapt and the credits rolled.

tough_dude
4th February 2006, 10:29 PM
Sorry man but you're stupid. I haven't seen DBZ in years and I remember Shenron can't grant the same wish twice. Anyone with half a brain knows Goku couldn't get revived because Dende's Dragon can't bring him back. Your IQ=-2,000. Anyways, back to topic. I hated the Garlic Jr. or something movie. It was so.... short. More of an episode than a movie if you ask me. And why the hell do u call yourself Edward Elric??!! He's not REAL.

Luke Groundwalker
4th February 2006, 11:01 PM
Sorry man but you're stupid. I haven't seen DBZ in years and I remember Shenron can't grant the same wish twice. Anyone with half a brain knows Goku couldn't get revived because Dende's Dragon can't bring him back. Your IQ=-2,000. Anyways, back to topic. I hated the Garlic Jr. or something movie. It was so.... short. More of an episode than a movie if you ask me. And why the hell do u call yourself Edward Elric??!! He's not REAL.
Hmm... This guy either is RED1992 in a new account or a complete *******. Might want to check on that, Ed. ;\

Also, how do you know this if you haven't seen DBZ in years?

MagicBox
4th February 2006, 11:11 PM
Let's see, insulting people for no reason, making stupid IQ jokes, and going out of his way to badmouth something Fullmetal Alchemist related. Sounds like RED1992 to me.

I hated the Garlic Jr. or something movie. It was so.... short. More of an episode than a movie if you ask me.Sorry RED, but with the exception of movie 8, all of the DB/Z movies are roughly the same length, so calling one bad because it was short isn't really a reason that holds up.

(((Kuwagata Kross)))
4th February 2006, 11:13 PM
The world's Strongest in my opinion... Bio Broly has some humor into it but World's Strongest is sick... the first three movies are really weak... I loved every other movie except Bio Broly which is kinda por too but it's still good. My fave movie is either the Bojack or the Janemba one...

tough_dude
4th February 2006, 11:19 PM
The world's Strongest in my opinion... Bio Broly has some humor into it but World's Strongest is sick... the first three movies are really weak... I loved every other movie except Bio Broly which is kinda por too but it's still good. My fave movie is either the Bojack or the Janemba one...
Yeah I agree the first 3 movies kinda sucked. Especially since they were edited.(the first one got an Ultimate Uncut but I ain't buying it.) I also hate Bio-Broly. I mean he can't even keep up with 2 little kids. Maybe due to getting his body melted he got weaker? Cuz in Movie 8 he was beating the crap out of everyone.

tough_dude
4th February 2006, 11:25 PM
Sorry RED, but with the exception of movie 8, all of the DB/Z movies are roughly the same length, so calling one bad because it was short isn't really a reason that holds up.
Who the hell's red?

zonic the hedgehog
4th February 2006, 11:28 PM
I'm the only one who liked the first few movies? :\

I remember "Dead Zone" having some stuff relatively uncut in the first release.
It even included a Japanese language option and an unreleased (well, it's released now) episode.
Chi Chi even said "hell."

I don't know about the newer releases, though.

Anyway, worst DBZ movie?

Lord Slug. That movie blew chunks. -_-

I hated the storyline A LOT.

Also, the first Cooler movie wasn't so great (I liked the second one more) either. It was a little boring, and not really movie-worthy.
Oh, and the Super Adroid No. 13 movie wasn't so hot. I didn't really enjoy it too much, since I mistakenly bought the crappily done CUT DUB. GOOD GOD, MY EYES! @_@

(((Kuwagata Kross)))
4th February 2006, 11:39 PM
I'm the only one who liked the first few movies? :\

I remember "Dead Zone" having some stuff relatively uncut in the first release.
It even included a Japanese language option and an unreleased (well, it's released now) episode.
Chi Chi even said "hell."

I don't know about the newer releases, though.

Anyway, worst DBZ movie?

Lord Slug. That movie blew chunks. -_-

I hated the storyline A LOT.

Also, the first Cooler movie wasn't so great (I liked the second one more) either. It was a little boring, and not really movie-worthy.
Oh, and the Super Adroid No. 13 movie wasn't so hot. I didn't really enjoy it too much, since I mistakenly bought the crappily done CUT DUB. GOD GOD, MY EYES! @_@
I liked Lord Slug...and also Cooler's Revenge...AND The Androids one...Why do you all hate Lord Slug THAT much? it's so cool...

tough_dude
4th February 2006, 11:41 PM
I don't really like either Cooler movies... They're ripped off from Frieza. In the first one h should be a super saiyan but he isn't and in the second one he doesn't use it half the time. Didn't he stop using Kaioken?

MagicBox
5th February 2006, 12:05 AM
I'm the only one who liked the first few movies? :\I loved the first three movies as well, so no, you're not the only one.

I remember "Dead Zone" having some stuff relatively uncut in the first release.It was completely uncut when it was first released. In fact, that dub was more faithful to the original version than FUNi's was. The script was 100% accurate, and the voices were great. I'd prefer Pioneer's dub with added sound effects over FUNi's dub with music edits and mediocre voices anyday.

In the first one h should be a super saiyan but he isn't and in the second one he doesn't use it half the time. Didn't he stop using Kaioken?He did turn into a Super Saiya-jin in the first Cooler movie; it's just that Goku couldn't control the transformation yet, which is why he couldn't do it until the end of the movie. I think the last time Goku used Kaioken was during his fight with Paikuhan in the Other World Tournament.

tough_dude
5th February 2006, 12:11 AM
Other World Tournament= filler, my friend. It doesn't even make sense that he could use Kaioken as a Super Saiyan anyway. And by the time he made it back on Earth he could already cotrol the transformation at will. The second one can't even happen because Dende doesn't become Earth's guardian until Goku and Gohan become FPSSJ. Neither can the first one.

MagicBox
5th February 2006, 12:28 AM
Other World Tournament= filler, my friend. It doesn't even make sense that he could use Kaioken as a Super Saiyan anyway.I know it was a filler, it's just that from the way your post was worded, it seemed like you were asking when the last time Goku used Kaioken in the anime was. I was just telling you.

And it makes sense that Goku could use Kaioken as a SSJ. Why wouldn't he be able to? It's a power up move, that's all. Being a SSJ has nothing to do with him being able to use it or not.

And by the time he made it back on Earth he could already cotrol the transformation at will.Yes he could, but the first Cooler movie aired in theaters during Goku's fight with Freeza, which means that at the time the movie was made, Goku wasn't able to control the transformation. There was no way TOEI could've known that Goku would've been able to control it when he got back to Earth, since that event hadn't even happened yet. That's why Goku wasn't able to control the SSJ transformation in movie 5.

Chris
5th February 2006, 1:24 AM
Who the hell's red?
Nice try, but your IP address is the same. Oh wait. You're banned. You can't see this. :)

Locke Yggdrasill
5th February 2006, 3:31 AM
Well, I'm sure none of us saw that coming. ¬¬;
Another one rides the bus. >____o;
Which one was the World's STrongest?
Tree of might was the one with Turles, IIRC, so I have no idea which one the World's Strongest is. Is it dubbed? o.o;

That Scary Clefairy
5th February 2006, 3:43 AM
Well, I'm sure none of us saw that coming. ¬¬;
Another one rides the bus. >____o;
Which one was the World's STrongest?
Tree of might was the one with Turles, IIRC, so I have no idea which one the World's Strongest is. Is it dubbed? o.o;

yes it has been dubbed. Its the second movie with the big robot with a huge brain. The labatory is in a frozen wasteland.

Chris
5th February 2006, 5:38 AM
Personally, I thought the first two movies (Return My Gohan! and World's Strongest Guy) were quite good. o_o More focus on martial arts, rather than Kiko-Ha (enegery blasts) everywhere.

That Scary Clefairy
5th February 2006, 5:45 PM
Personally, I thought the first two movies (Return My Gohan! and World's Strongest Guy) were quite good. o_o More focus on martial arts, rather than Kiko-Ha (enegery blasts) everywhere.

Yes indeed. I like those two, and hey, even Tree of Might had more martial arts than more of the later series. The first three were great in my book.

MagicBox
5th February 2006, 6:52 PM
I thought movie 3 was the best out of the first three movies, as well as one of the best DBZ movies ever made. That one really had everything; great fight scenes, an Oozaru transformation, a much bigger cast of villians than usual, and we even got to see a quality in Gohan that really made him seem more human: the desire to have a pet. Not to mention, these were Tenshinhan's, Yamucha's, and Chaozu's biggest roles in a movie ever. They really got a chance to shine there.

On a different note, I had no idea Masako Nozawa played Taurus until just recently.

Hao Kaiser
7th February 2006, 7:33 PM
Other World Tournament= filler, my friend. It doesn't even make sense that he could use Kaioken as a Super Saiyan anyway. And by the time he made it back on Earth he could already cotrol the transformation at will. The second one can't even happen because Dende doesn't become Earth's guardian until Goku and Gohan become FPSSJ. Neither can the first one.

Eh... the movies= filler... but, you can't see this, so yeah. Highly doubt your real name is tough_dude either.

Anyways, I've not seen Movies 4 or 11, so... eh, yeah. I really don't care for Brolly though, so movie 8 is my least favorite, followed by #7, but I've only seen the dubs of all but #1 and #6, so, yeah.

I love movies 6 and 9 though. And the GT special, if thats even borderline relevent.

Brock Harrison
9th February 2006, 4:19 AM
I'm probably one of the few who doesn't despise the eleventh DBZ movie (primarily because Kuririn and 18 are my favorite characters in the series). I had to ignore the fact that Goten and Trunks were included, but having Kuririn, 18, and Mr. Satan appear made up for the negative in my opinion.

I favor the movies that gave the non-Saiyan characters a bit of the limelight, so titles like "The World's Strongest", "Tree of Might", and "Bojack Unbound" (Yes, I'm too lazy to look up the original titles) come to mind.

However, I wasn't very fond of the first movie. Not the action scenes mind you (keeping actual hand-to-hand combat was a plus) but Garlic Jr. was one of those villains I'd want to forget.

Chris
9th February 2006, 6:15 AM
Well the first movie's fine. After that, you kinda try to skip over his cheesey arc. Great movie, awful arc. >_>;

Personally, I didn't think even Mr. Satan could save the ridiculously bad 11th movie. The Bio-Warriors were redundant. The shaman from the village some how knew Broli was a Saiyan, let alone the Legendary Super Saiyan. I would have been more proud of Kuririn defeating Bio-Broli..if it wasn't in the most ridiculous manner of him hardening up in water followed with being blasted away by Goten, Trunks and Kuririn.

Pikachu
9th February 2006, 6:53 AM
I agree with many people on Bio Brolly. It was so wrong in so many places. Ugh!

Lord Lonic
9th February 2006, 10:17 PM
I've never really saw one that I hated, but in the case of least favorites of all of the ones I've seen, I guess I'll have to say Clash!! 10 Billion Power Warriors. It just doesn't hold the candle up to The World's Strongest Guy or The Galaxy at the Brink!! The Super Incredible Guy.

Brock Harrison
12th February 2006, 6:04 AM
Well the first movie's fine. After that, you kinda try to skip over his cheesey arc. Great movie, awful arc. >_>;

Personally, I didn't think even Mr. Satan could save the ridiculously bad 11th movie. The Bio-Warriors were redundant. The shaman from the village some how knew Broli was a Saiyan, let alone the Legendary Super Saiyan. I would have been more proud of Kuririn defeating Bio-Broli..if it wasn't in the most ridiculous manner of him hardening up in water followed with being blasted away by Goten, Trunks and Kuririn.

I got the DVD as a gag gift, so I'm trying to be the optimist and find the silver lining, y'know? Heh, focusing on the scenes involving Kuririn makes it a lot less painful. And yes, Bio-Broly's demise was not to my liking...there were so many more options that have been done or could have been...

1) Being thrown into the sun by a Kamehameha blast
2) Getting thrown into an alternate dimension of total darkness (of course Garlic Jr. would be needed to use it...)
3) Being at ground zero of an incoming "Spirit Bomb" (Of course, Goku would have to be use it, but being dead...)
4) Getting pummeled mercilessly...

But I digress...it's getting us nowhere...lol.

Chris
13th February 2006, 6:15 AM
I got the DVD as a gag gift, so I'm trying to be the optimist and find the silver lining, y'know? Heh, focusing on the scenes involving Kuririn makes it a lot less painful. And yes, Bio-Broly's demise was not to my liking...there were so many more options that have been done or could have been...

1) Being thrown into the sun by a Kamehameha blast
2) Getting thrown into an alternate dimension of total darkness (of course Garlic Jr. would be needed to use it...)
3) Being at ground zero of an incoming "Spirit Bomb" (Of course, Goku would have to be use it, but being dead...)
4) Getting pummeled mercilessly...

But I digress...it's getting us nowhere...lol.
Eh, I'm disliking the first option. Seems like Toei liked using that option a lot. x_X Coola, Broli, Baby..all of them got blasted into the damn sun. Personally, I think just beating up on Bio-Broli and finishing him off with a massive Kamehame-Ha attack would have been better.

son_gokan
28th February 2006, 11:23 PM
Bio Burori sucked.. I mean he got pwned by 2 little kids.. who cares if they're super saiyan.. they still suck..

Chris
1st March 2006, 1:47 AM
Bio Broli sucked because it wasn't even Broli to begin with, they were shoving Broli down our throats, and he died by drying up in water and being blasted.

son_gokan
1st March 2006, 7:38 AM
it was an exact copy of Broly with all of his transformations.. but I think he got a lot weaker when his body melted.. I mean in Movie 8 he pwns pre-cell game SSJ's.. and in Movie 10(which sucks *** btw) he pwns SSJ2 gohan.. (though he got a lot weaker..) and now he's losing to 2 little kids..

Rudoku
1st March 2006, 11:29 AM

But the original was crap, too. The thing was rushed.

son_gokan
1st March 2006, 11:40 AM
I don't like the originals for some reason.. makes Goku sound like a kid even though he's like 50.. (doesn't look it due to his saiyan heritage..)

UberSorcerer
1st March 2006, 1:46 PM
* 1. Return my Gohan!!-Urg...It was Ok...But I am not a Gohan, Goku or Garlic Fan, um, W00T Yamucha anyone?
* 2. The World's Strongest Guy-Crime against nature. Plain and Simple, Either dub is even worse
* 3. Super Deciding Battle for the Entire Planet Earth-This one I liked, an Alternate Goku if he didnt get teh head bump
* 4. Super Saiyan Son Gokū-Crime against humanity
* 5. The Incredible Mightiest vs. Mightiest-I like Coola... Much better than Freeza, paranoid freak(Burdock's(Fear the greatness^^ and Bishieness)words)
* 6. Clash!! 10,000,000,000 Powerful Warriors-The Transformers: The Movie or Fantastic 4, your choice for an alternate title^^
* 7. Extreme Battle!! The Three Great Super Saiyans-I like teh androids, and I did think the Final Scene in the dub was funny, as the dub characters are stale after namek
* 8. Burn Up!! A Close, Intense, Super-Fierce Battle-Even my mum like Brolli^^ Fear, the um, USSJ looking phycotic guy
* 9. The Galaxy at the Brink!! The Super Incredible Guy-Another Tenchai Budokai, big woop
* 10. The Dangerous Duo! Super-Warriors Can't Rest-I dont get why people hate this, it is quite humorous
* 11. Super-Warrior Defeat!! I'm the One who'll Win-Another crime against humanity
* 12. Fusion Reborn!! Gokū and Vegeta-As I dislike boo, I actualy like this movie, as I like Gogeta, never warmed to Vegetto here
* 13. Dragon Fist Explosion!! If Gokū Won't Do It, Who Will?-Yet to see, but looks crap...

* 1. A Lonesome, Final Battle: The Father of Z-Warrior Kakarrot, who Challenged Freeza-He made it to canon, He is da best... I love Burdock...I have it on Bought tape, DVD and Taped of the TV, Think I like it?
* 2. Resistance to Despair!! The Remaining Super-Warriors, Gohan and Trunks-More towards Gohan=Saiyajin Yamucha... man I hate Gohan.... Oh, Trunks special, it was ok...

Kez
1st March 2006, 6:26 PM
Well, i have yet to see one of the movies in Japanese, or even that has been dubbed with decent voice actors. I mean, the ones shown on Toonami had so many dub errors in it, it completly put me off of the whole thing. It sounded like they were trying to say the whole line in one breath.

Also, why is Piccolo called big green? And why are the dragonballs caled the crystal balls? I mean, come on, the show is called Dragonball. LOL

Chris
1st March 2006, 8:32 PM
* 2. The World's Strongest Guy-Crime against nature. Plain and Simple, Either dub is even worse
I disagree. Having Goku and Piccolo fight hand to hand was awesome. Roshi actually fought for once and hasn't done so since dying after using the Mafuba on Piccolo Daimao. The English dub may not have had the best Goku voice, but they actually pronounced Kaio-Ken correctly. Not to mention, it has the original music.

* 3. Super Deciding Battle for the Entire Planet Earth-This one I liked, an Alternate Goku if he didnt get teh head bump
I also disagree with this. If you want an alternate Goku that makes more logical sense, then Burdock is right there. Tullece made absolutely no sense and seemed rather illogical. Everyone else that wasn't Goku got beaten rather easily.

* 9. The Galaxy at the Brink!! The Super Incredible Guy-Another Tenchai Budokai, big woop
One that doesn't even last very long. o_O Did you even watch the whole movie?

* 10. The Dangerous Duo! Super-Warriors Can't Rest-I dont get why people hate this, it is quite humorous
Simple. This is the movie that introduced the priest who made the Bio-Broli, which caused fans to watch such an awful movie. :P That and it was odd how Goku came in and sorta wasn't there yet he was.

* 12. Fusion Reborn!! Gokū and Vegeta-As I dislike boo, I actualy like this movie, as I like Gogeta, never warmed to Vegetto here
Uh..Majin Boo isn't even in this movie. >_> Unless you're comparing Janenba to Boo.

* 13. Dragon Fist Explosion!! If Gokū Won't Do It, Who Will?-Yet to see, but looks crap...
Highly disagree. Fun movie where nearly all of the main characters have some kind of roll. Not to mention, it does have some Kid Trunks character development. Plus we get to see Super Saiyan 3 Goku again.

* 2. Resistance to Despair!! The Remaining Super-Warriors, Gohan and Trunks-More towards Gohan=Saiyajin Yamucha... man I hate Gohan.... Oh, Trunks special, it was ok...
Gohan in the future really don't even look close to Yamcha. >_> Must be the scar and Kame uniform that's making you think that.

But the original was crap, too. The thing was rushed.
I disagree. Seemed pretty thought out and executed. Only problem I have was the weird explanation of the Genki Dama being unusable in the Super Saiyan state. o_O But hey, we actually got to see more of Trunks fighting, especially with his sword.

Also, why is Piccolo called big green? And why are the dragonballs caled the crystal balls? I mean, come on, the show is called Dragonball. LOL
That's an English Dutch dub, if I remember correctly. It's REALLY bad. I don't know why Europe is showing that version from time to time. o_O; That dub is reason enough as why Goku shouldn't have a manly voice.

Xkraid
1st March 2006, 9:45 PM
Dead Zone kinda bored me, though Gohan getting Drunk was kinda Funny. He peed(sp?) on Krillan's Head... Lord Slug, World Strongest and tree Of Might are the only one i haven't seen. The Cooler ones were okay but i've never liked Cooler that much. I found Bojack boring, Broly was quite good, i prefered the Second 'cause Goten is my Fave Character, the third was kinda stupid though, Broly wasn't that weak guys, if it wasn't for that weird Purple stuff, he would have won. Bardock was cool, as was trunks's History, the Hildegarn one was cool, Taplon looked like Chrono but i guess they were both Drawn by the same Guy. Janemba Movie was my Fave 'cause janemba is my fave villain and seeing Hitler was a big LOL, has anyone seen the Lost movie, now THAT was crap.

Chris
2nd March 2006, 2:19 AM
It's not a "lost movie." >_> It's a bunch of animation scenes taken from a visual guide for a video game. Although it did suck.

UberSorcerer
3rd March 2006, 1:46 PM
I disagree. Having Goku and Piccolo fight hand to hand was awesome. Roshi actually fought for once and hasn't done so since dying after using the Mafuba on Piccolo Daimao. The English dub may not have had the best Goku voice, but they actually pronounced Kaio-Ken correctly. Not to mention, it has the original music.

I also disagree with this. If you want an alternate Goku that makes more logical sense, then Burdock is right there. Tullece made absolutely no sense and seemed rather illogical. Everyone else that wasn't Goku got beaten rather easily.

One that doesn't even last very long. o_O Did you even watch the whole movie?

Simple. This is the movie that introduced the priest who made the Bio-Broli, which caused fans to watch such an awful movie. :P That and it was odd how Goku came in and sorta wasn't there yet he was.

Uh..Majin Boo isn't even in this movie. >_> Unless you're comparing Janenba to Boo.

Highly disagree. Fun movie where nearly all of the main characters have some kind of roll. Not to mention, it does have some Kid Trunks character development. Plus we get to see Super Saiyan 3 Goku again.

Gohan in the future really don't even look close to Yamcha. >_> Must be the scar and Kame uniform that's making you think that.

I disagree. Seemed pretty thought out and executed. Only problem I have was the weird explanation of the Genki Dama being unusable in the Super Saiyan state. o_O But hey, we actually got to see more of Trunks fighting, especially with his sword.

That's an English Dutch dub, if I remember correctly. It's REALLY bad. I don't know why Europe is showing that version from time to time. o_O; That dub is reason enough as why Goku shouldn't have a manly voice.

2 - Um, sorry the whole DR WHEELO thing makes me sleepy..., I also am not a Roshi fan

3-True, teh sexy one, and best special/movie does make more sence, but, oh...I just like Turles...*runs*

9- Nah, I just didnt like Bojack...so I didnt

10- SO what bout the morronic priest, cant you enjoy the movie and ignore that Biobroly ever existed?

12- I was comparing

13-I hate kid trunks, SSJ3 and does Yamucha do anything cool?*Hugs Yamucha fig*

TV2 Sence Trunks...Gohan has always looked like Yamucha child to me...

Chris
3rd March 2006, 2:31 PM
Yamcha hasn't done anything cool since Dragon Ball. >_>; He became a big show off once he started dating Bulma. His biggest mistake was not making sure he put away the Saibaiman he was fighting in Z. Rather than showing off and being cocky about defeating the Saiyans, he should have made sure it was finished for good.

As for movie thirteen, we also get to see more of how things are like in the Son and Briefs families homes now that Goku's alive again and peace has returned. We hardly get to see the two families finally settled down, especially with Goku there. Plus the goofy little search for Dragon Balls is rather nice. Tapion's backstory is also nice.

UberSorcerer
4th March 2006, 2:45 AM
Damn...I still love Yamucha...*Hugs Yamucha fig* I read movie 12 went to the Cinema's in the US, any chance of that world wide?

MagicBox
4th March 2006, 3:41 AM
I read movie 12 went to the Cinema's in the US, any chance of that world wide?Nope, looks like a US exclusive thing for now. Sorry.

http://forum.bcdb.com/gforum.cgi?post=59590

Chris
4th March 2006, 5:11 AM
It's not even a big release. It's a SMALL, LIMITED theatrical run. Very rarely do anime movies actual appear in theaters nationally in the US.

milowner
4th March 2006, 7:24 AM
Movie 1- Not that great, but watchable. More of a DB movie though.

Movie 2- Okay, nothing that notworthy.

Movie 3- Great movie, interesting ideas.

Movie 4- Haven't seen it, only plan to watch out of curiousity to see how bad it is.

Movie 5- Great, first movie with a real Super Saiyan.

Movie 6- Pretty good, I liked it a lot because Vegeta is one of my fav characters and this is his debut movie.

Movie 7- Android 14 was cool looking, and seeing a team of Super Saiyans fight a team of Androids together was pretty cool.

Movie 8- Longest movie, very popular but not neccesarily overrated. Seeing Brolly just beat the snot out of the Z warriors with no effort was fun to watch. Good example is when he is running towards Goku, swings his arms and Trunks and Gohan, kicks a knocked down Piccolo and shoots him in the sky. Seeing Vegeta scared was interesting. Although the ending didn't really do justice.

Movie 9- Favorite movie. I love Gohan to bits, seeing him be the hero was so cool. It was also the movie that Toriyama had the most say in, so that probably made it better. Everyone fought in this one, Gohan, Trunks, Piccolo, and even the humans. Seeing Vegeta pop out of no where(like he does in Movie 6 and 7) was really cool, and making a stand against Bojack defending Gohan and Trunks was cool. Goku saving Gohan was too cool also.

Movie 10- Not quite as good as Movie 8, but still a great watch. Although how Brolly survived isn't exactly explained, seeing Trunks and Goten putting up a fight against Brolly was cool. Seeing Gohan fight Brolly was fun too, although I got a little tired of seeing that Brolly was virtually impervious to every blow. The family Kamehameha wave was definitly the best part. The Japanese soundtrack at this scene is amazing. I love how Goku's appearance is up to the viewer to decide, just an interesting thing.

Movie 11- See Movie 4.

Movie 12- Great movie, have it subbed. First movie with SSJ3. Seeing Vegeta appear out of nowhere again was nice, as he's been absent for 2 movies. Although Gogeta isn't in the movie for long, seeing him beat the crap out of Janemba without breaking anything close to a sweat was just awesome. Best line ever-

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta- I am the instrument of your defeat!"

Seeing Vegeta say goodbye to Goku was a great ending. Scenes between the 2 Saiyans always strikes a chord in my heart for some reason.

Movie 13- Nice movie, maybe my 3rd fav beside 9 and 12. Hildegarn was a cool villian, and Tapion was an interesting character. I really like Trunks too, which made it more enjoyable. Probably my only complaint was how they just stuck Vegeta in there just for the sake of being in the last movie. He came in, went Super Saiyan because Hildegarn destroyed Capsule Corp, and struck a few blows, gets knocked into an office builiding, blocks some fire breath, and faints. But the execution of the Dragon Fist was way cool.