PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone with a FreeWebs site tell me how to build a game?

Serebii93
1st February 2006, 11:07 PM
Can anyone with a FreeWebs site tell me how to build a game? I want one on mine.

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
2nd February 2006, 12:57 PM
_ You don't need freewebs for making a game, just hosting, to make a game just go to the Gamemaker website (Google/Yahoo! it) and download the latest version that your computer will take, then download the tutorials and your away, making multiplayer and 3d needs the registered version. (Which I have)

Serebii93
2nd February 2006, 7:46 PM
But after I do that, how do I put it up on my site?

Jetx
2nd February 2006, 7:52 PM
You have to upload it. When saving click "create executable" and you'll have one which goes into the game. Then upload with the freewebs file manager.

Serebii93
2nd February 2006, 8:36 PM
Can you just give me all the instructions on a PM?

Virtual Headache
3rd February 2006, 2:20 PM
Ok, if you've nothing to say on the current topic, then make a new thread or find a thread which deals with the topic you want to talk about.
I split the other thread.

Which kind of game to you actually want on your site?
A game which has to be downloaded from your site so you can play or a game which can be played directly on your site?

Serebii93
3rd February 2006, 9:10 PM
Actually, I want a game like Jetx's or Ballinboy. I talked to a staff member yesterday and she said that she couldn't tell me how to make a game. I'll show you the conversation.

you: How do I put a game onto my site?
Becki: Freewebs offers an Insert Game feature which allows you to easily select
Becki: and add games to your site.
Becki:
Becki: To do this, click Edit from the Site Manager for the page you wish to add games to. Then either create a New Paragraph, or click Edit for the paragraph in which you want to add the game. In the Paragraph Editor, you will find an Insert Game button with the image of a joystick. Click this button and a list of available games will appear in a pop-up window.
Becki:
Becki: Select and click the game you wish to insert to the paragraph. You can have as many games within one paragraph as you wish. We recommend restricting the number of games you put at any one time, since this will dramatically slow down the speed at which your page will load.
Becki:
Becki: If the pop-up window for game selection does not appear, you may have a pop-up blocker preventing the feature from appearing, and must first disable the application.
Becki:
Becki: After you have inserted the game to the Paragraph, you can resize the game by clicking on it, and then dragging the corners to resize.
Becki:
Becki: Freewebs does not offer support for applying games to your account which are not available through the above method. For instruction on adding other games, you must contact the location from which you are obtaining this game.
you: I can't find the game button
Becki: it is the icon with the joystick on it..
you: oh,it's black and blue, isn't it?
Becki: just use that icon please
Becki: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
you: yeah, umm...how do I make my own game?
Becki: I can not teach you how to make your own game..
Becki: that is an involved process.
Becki: search the internet for ideas
you: is there any way to make my own game from the little icon?
Becki: no
Becki: you choose from the games given
you: can you tell me where I can find somewhere to put my own game in?
Becki: no..
Becki: we do not provide a service for you to place in games..
Becki: or make games..
Becki: we give you an option of having a game on your site..
Becki: by giving you a list of games to choose from..
you: but I've seen other FreeWebs sites with games that they made...
Becki: those are the games we provided..
Becki: again..
Becki: we do not teach you how to make games..
Becki: I do not know how else to tell you this..
Becki: if you have your own game already..
Becki: you can upload the game file into your file manager..
Becki: and create a link to that file..
Becki: You can create a link to a file or site from text or an image. The user on your site can click the image or text to get to the file or location you are linking to.
Becki: Go to the paragraph you wish to create the link in. Create the text or insert the image from which you wish to link from into that paragraph.
Becki: Once the content you wish to make a link has been created, highlight the content. After highlighting the content, select the Insert Hyperlink Button. This button has an image of a globe and a chainlink.
Becki: A pop-up should appear which gives you options to link to sites, files, Email, and more. Select what you wish to link to.
you: http://www.freewebs.com/breloom_woods_freegames/platform SA.exe
Becki: read what I have stated please..
you: that's where I've seen a game made by himself
you: oh..
you: opkay, so that's how i put my own game in?
Becki: yes
you: not right now...
you: bye
Becki: Thank you for using FreeWebs Live Support. Please take a few moments of your time to tell us about your experience with FreeWebs. Click Here for a Brief Post Chat Survey

But how do I make the game to get on my site? I just want to make it right now. I hope this ain't too long.
(PS)-Do I have to go to gamemaker.com?

Mega
3rd February 2006, 9:30 PM
Actually, I want a game like Jetx's or Ballinboy. I talked to a staff member yesterday and she said that she couldn't tell me how to make a game. I'll show you the conversation.

you: How do I put a game onto my site?
Becki: Freewebs offers an Insert Game feature which allows you to easily select
Becki: and add games to your site.
Becki:
Becki: To do this, click Edit from the Site Manager for the page you wish to add games to. Then either create a New Paragraph, or click Edit for the paragraph in which you want to add the game. In the Paragraph Editor, you will find an Insert Game button with the image of a joystick. Click this button and a list of available games will appear in a pop-up window.
Becki:
Becki: Select and click the game you wish to insert to the paragraph. You can have as many games within one paragraph as you wish. We recommend restricting the number of games you put at any one time, since this will dramatically slow down the speed at which your page will load.
Becki:
Becki: If the pop-up window for game selection does not appear, you may have a pop-up blocker preventing the feature from appearing, and must first disable the application.
Becki:
Becki: After you have inserted the game to the Paragraph, you can resize the game by clicking on it, and then dragging the corners to resize.
Becki:
Becki: Freewebs does not offer support for applying games to your account which are not available through the above method. For instruction on adding other games, you must contact the location from which you are obtaining this game.
you: I can't find the game button
Becki: it is the icon with the joystick on it..
you: oh,it's black and blue, isn't it?
Becki: just use that icon please
you: yeah, umm...how do I make my own game?
Becki: I can not teach you how to make your own game..
Becki: that is an involved process.
Becki: search the internet for ideas
you: is there any way to make my own game from the little icon?
Becki: no
Becki: you choose from the games given
you: can you tell me where I can find somewhere to put my own game in?
Becki: we do not provide a service for you to place in games..
Becki: or make games..
Becki: we give you an option of having a game on your site..
Becki: by giving you a list of games to choose from..
you: but I've seen other FreeWebs sites with games that they made...
Becki: those are the games we provided..
Becki: again..
Becki: we do not teach you how to make games..
Becki: I do not know how else to tell you this..
Becki: if you have your own game already..
Becki: you can upload the game file into your file manager..
Becki: and create a link to that file..
Becki: You can create a link to a file or site from text or an image. The user on your site can click the image or text to get to the file or location you are linking to.
Becki: Go to the paragraph you wish to create the link in. Create the text or insert the image from which you wish to link from into that paragraph.
Becki: Once the content you wish to make a link has been created, highlight the content. After highlighting the content, select the Insert Hyperlink Button. This button has an image of a globe and a chainlink.
Becki: A pop-up should appear which gives you options to link to sites, files, Email, and more. Select what you wish to link to.
you: http://www.freewebs.com/breloom_woods_freegames/platform SA.exe
Becki: read what I have stated please..
you: that's where I've seen a game made by himself
you: oh..
you: opkay, so that's how i put my own game in?
Becki: yes
you: not right now...
you: bye
Becki: Thank you for using FreeWebs Live Support. Please take a few moments of your time to tell us about your experience with FreeWebs. Click Here for a Brief Post Chat Survey

But how do I make the game to get on my site? I just want to make it right now. I hope this ain't too long.
(PS)-Do I have to go to gamemaker.com?
Upload the exe game file on tour freewebs account then put a link put a link on your site.. But to make games go on gamemaker.nl not .com

Serebii93
4th February 2006, 6:52 PM
Okay...I will get a game up soon. It'll be called "Celebi's Chase". It's gonna be sorta like "Pokemon 4ever: Voice of the forest" at the begining where Celebi is getting chased by Scyther and Houndoom. It might take awhile, but I'll put other games up to entertain you for now.

And umm...how do I make seperate levels on the game? Like if you defeat the first level then move on to the next one. And how do I make it to where you get "caught"?

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
9th February 2006, 2:25 PM
Maybe a screenshot will help....
Just Click HERE! (http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/374/modmakinghelp4pb.png)
Does that help you? For any more help go to the Game Maker Website at
www.gamemaker.nl

Serebii93
14th February 2006, 7:14 PM
Okay, now what are the step by step instructions for puting it online?