PDA

View Full Version : Fake Slifer the Sky Dragon card? (Yugioh)

Dragon Trainer EX
4th February 2006, 10:24 PM
I will be 00ber ticked-off if the card I got off ebay is fake. The seller said it was authentic,and even listed some ways you can tell whether or not it's authentic, but he may have been lying.
For one thing, the card has different feel to it.Not sure if this matters. But it feels smoother on the front side. Second, there are flecks of holographic stuff around the front of the card. Small flecks, mind you. Third,the ATK and DEF stats are X000 and X000. Is that a sign that it's fake? And lastly, the back of the card does not have the Yugioh Trading Card Game logo at the bottom nor the Konami logo at the top. If a scan of the card is necessary, let me know.

But I'm seriously convinced I've been ripped off -_-

-~SR~

Ice Cold Glalie
4th February 2006, 10:26 PM
I will be 00ber ticked-off if the card I got off ebay is fake. The seller said it was authentic,and even listed some ways you can tell whether or not it's authentic, but he may have been lying.
For one thing, the card has different feel to it.Not sure if this matters. But it feels smoother on the front side. Second, there are flecks of holographic stuff around the front of the card. Small flecks, mind you. Third,the ATK and DEF stats are X000 and X000. Is that a sign that it's fake? And lastly, the back of the card does not have the Yugioh Trading Card Game logo at the bottom nor the Konami logo at the top. If a scan of the card is necessary, let me know.

But I'm seriously convinced I've been ripped off -_-

-~SR~

just to ask could you give a scan of the card i think it is fake but the attack is right that is what slypher's attack is X thousand points so basically x is the number of cards in your hand
real cards have a Konami logo or what ever it is, of officilaty sp?

~-=Mewtwo=-~
4th February 2006, 10:44 PM
The feel should be diff... The flecks are on my Raigeki just because its in bad condition... Stats are right... The back of the card thing... thats wrong for slifer I think... but slifers illegal regardless... waste of money either way unless you're a collecter...

(((Kuwagata Kross)))
4th February 2006, 11:07 PM
The back of the card hsould be red and should not have the Yugioh TCG logo so that's okay, if it's red. And slifer has X000 ATK and DEF so that's also okay...

Raito
4th February 2006, 11:32 PM
Like Mewtwo said, it's a waste of money because it's a card you can't use anyway.

(((Kuwagata Kross)))
4th February 2006, 11:36 PM
Like Mewtwo said, it's a waste of money because it's a card you can't use anyway.
It was made for collectors....but it's expensive...I don't find it SUCH a waste of money...

Slypher
5th February 2006, 1:16 AM
Doesn't sound fake, the fecks around a holographic card isn't that unusually. I have two cards in my collection that have the same thing on them.

Dragon Trainer EX
5th February 2006, 4:03 AM
It was made for collectors....but it's expensive...I don't find it SUCH a waste of money...

Yeah, see I don't play at tournaments or anything. I just wanted the card because its cool, and yes I'm a collector rather than a duelist.

It sounds like its official, based on what you guys said, but it is lacking the Konami logo on the back...

Raito
5th February 2006, 4:40 AM
Then it's real

Tamer Zack
5th February 2006, 8:07 PM
It's probaly a fake that looks real the vending machines at the Dollar Store in my area has them along with other cards.

Celebi60
5th February 2006, 9:50 PM
The god cards are a waste you cant even use them in a tourny. Their only good for collecting.

Raito
5th February 2006, 10:56 PM
That was established a long time ago.

-JDB-

Dragon Trainer EX
6th February 2006, 2:15 AM
The god cards are a waste you cant even use them in a tourny. Their only good for collecting.

Shining Kyogre is right. I don't care about tournaments because I just COLLECT the cards, so to me they're not a waste.

The Requiem
6th February 2006, 5:46 AM
Tell me. What is found in the bottom left hand corner.

a.) A string of japanese texts.

b.) THIS CARD CANNOT BE USED IN A DUEL (or something like that)

c.) A card code.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
6th February 2006, 11:40 AM
http://www.yugioh-cards.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/gb-001-secret-f.jpg

if it looks like that, then it is authentic, btw you can get ultra rare versions tho

and some info:

http://www.inmint.com/gbi-001ur.html

The Requiem
7th February 2006, 3:43 AM
Thats the japanses one. The english one's SLIGHTLY different.

Dragon Trainer EX
9th February 2006, 1:37 AM
http://www.yugioh-cards.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/gb-001-secret-f.jpg

if it looks like that, then it is authentic, btw you can get ultra rare versions tho

and some info:

http://www.inmint.com/gbi-001ur.html

Yep, it looks just like that. But is there supposed to be a Konami logo on the back?

The Requiem
9th February 2006, 5:03 AM
No, if its authentic, the back will be blank, and in slifer's case, as red as the front is.

*huggles his Obelisk*

Dragon Trainer EX
9th February 2006, 11:27 PM
No, if its authentic, the back will be blank, and in slifer's case, as red as the front is.

*huggles his Obelisk*

Thank God...I think it's authentic then. Wait, whaddya mean as red as the front is? Mine's not red...

The Requiem
10th February 2006, 7:03 AM
yeah, red isnt really right.

Its more of a orange red last I checked, but if yours looks like the image you should be fine.

Dragon Trainer EX
11th February 2006, 2:12 AM
yeah, red isnt really right.

Its more of a orange red last I checked, but if yours looks like the image you should be fine.

It's a darker shade of the regular card colors on the back. And the swirly-patterns are slightly different.

NEO GOHAN
18th February 2006, 4:31 AM
It should be real. I got one in a package of card sleeves (yes, it did say so on the package) and had it checked by a profressional authenication-what-cha-ma-call-it guys. it was perfectly real. I even have it here with me. if it looks like you say it does, it probably is. but since it can't by used in official play, real or fake, it doesn't matter unless you save collectables to sell them later for more moolah. still, if you do duel and your friends don't mind, you can use it in unofficial games at home. just be sure to look online or in the N-DS game for the card effect, just to be fair to their rear-ends;D.

Dragon Trainer EX
20th February 2006, 1:18 AM
It should be real. I got one in a package of card sleeves (yes, it did say so on the package) and had it checked by a profressional authenication-what-cha-ma-call-it guys. it was perfectly real. I even have it here with me. if it looks like you say it does, it probably is. but since it can't by used in official play, real or fake, it doesn't matter unless you save collectables to sell them later for more moolah. still, if you do duel and your friends don't mind, you can use it in unofficial games at home. just be sure to look online or in the N-DS game for the card effect, just to be fair to their rear-ends;D.

Thanks :) I think this issue is resolved now...This thread may be closed.