PDA

View Full Version : What's with the May and Misty fanboys? (Anime related)

ZGDK
5th February 2006, 2:52 PM
What is so great about a couple of TV characters? On NSider people are always complaining about bringning Misty back!

DJ-Will
5th February 2006, 9:53 PM
The same thing that is so great about regular people: character. If any person, real or fiction, has a good character, then someone will care about them.

CyberCubed
5th February 2006, 10:17 PM
People complain about Misty because she's been out of the show for 160+ episodes and nearly 5 years.

Of course, bringing her back is absolutely pointless at this point, as her purpose on the show has expired ages ago, which is why the writers won't bring her back. They happily cemented her as a recurring character, and for good reason.

Cipher
6th February 2006, 1:11 AM
What's particularly strange, and what I think ZGDK was trying to say, is that some people seem to be sexually attracted to Misty and May. Now, anything resembling a human body could be arousing, cartoon or not, but the fact is that these are two eleven-year-old's on show aimed at wee tykes. A bit unnerving.

Shiny Heracross
6th February 2006, 1:37 AM
People complain about Misty because she's been out of the show for 160+ episodes and nearly 5 years.

Of course, bringing her back is absolutely pointless at this point, as her purpose on the show has expired ages ago, which is why the writers won't bring her back. They happily cemented her as a recurring character, and for good reason.
Yup, May fanboys grew tired of Misty. Misty fanboys think she'll end up like Brock, and come back. So eventually it's just gonna people a big war. lol

BTW, NSider is my homepage. lol

Eeveeboy_geoff
6th February 2006, 7:12 AM
What's particularly strange, and what I think ZGDK was trying to say, is that some people seem to be sexually attracted to Misty and May. Now, anything resembling a human body could be arousing, cartoon or not, but the fact is that these are two eleven-year-old's on show aimed at wee tykes. A bit unnerving.
*points at May* Eleven, huh?

Moonlight.
6th February 2006, 8:11 AM
Well, I have noticed that a lot of Misty fanboys are either Pokeshippers or probably don't like change, and May fanboys hate Misty and are in love with May's breasts.

Not all are like that though. lol

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's also the pervs that like seeing Misty in her shorts. ¬¬

Mr. Insanity
6th February 2006, 5:31 PM
Because people are scared of change. I dunno why. BTW, why DID they take out Misty?

Mr. Bikini fan
6th February 2006, 6:17 PM
According to myself, there is no difference between anime related to Misty & may, but convincing my signature of them won't reveal truth.

Chelc
6th February 2006, 6:21 PM
Because people are scared of change. I dunno why. BTW, why DID they take out Misty?

lol.

She was getting boring, she had no actual role (she did, just, not like gyms/contests), and Togepi practically killed her. Even if that thing was cute. :x

Anyway. No matter what you do or say, there are always going to be May and Misty fanboys. Just like there will always be Ash and Drew fangirls. So...yeah. *wonders why nobody posts about that* ^^;

JimmyKudo
8th February 2006, 12:38 PM
Misty should come back, I was shocked to see May instead of Misty. May even made Ash looked too, mature, which is boring. When Misty was there, Ash kind of acted like a kid, kind of childish, always fights with her, now that, is more fun to look at, besides, they make such a great couple, is like seeing Ash's future walked away, sigh.

MondoTR
8th February 2006, 12:49 PM
If it's anime related it should be in the anime section.

*moves*

Jesse GS the II
8th February 2006, 3:09 PM

There's a perfectly good reason - most "Pokémon" fans are prepubescent loners whose heaviest exposure to girls has been through anime. Anyone who finds themself attracted to Kasumi or Haruka is a sexually confused adolescent who needs to get out more. That's why I'm against the whole Cartoon Bishounen thing and the idea of Shipping - it's just a vicarious way of wishing that you could get with a cartoon character.

People wonder why I consider myself above most of the show's fanbase - well, this is a good part of the reason.

Neopolis
8th February 2006, 3:19 PM
There's plenty of May fans, May haters, Misty fans, Misty haters. And Misty character WAS getting boring, she was just cheering. Yes, very interesting to look at... :rolleyes:

Kabuto
8th February 2006, 10:34 PM
Guess what this is? Another Misty vs. May thread!

Shigeru
11th February 2006, 4:34 AM
[QUOTE=Surf]and May fanboys hate Misty and are in love with May's breasts.
QUOTE]
Those people give the rest of us May fans a bad name.

Judai Yuki
11th February 2006, 4:37 AM
Uh May's like 11-12-ish if anime chracters age but i am a May fanboy defenetly.^_^

Alphonse Elric
25th February 2006, 11:19 AM
Hey, we already have ENOUGH Misty vs. May threads in these forums, thank you very much.
And PLEASE no more Misty/May fan/hater bashing, it's against the rules.
Besides, everybody knows May is the bomb.

intergalactic platypus
25th February 2006, 6:34 PM
Shes not to people like me or The Big Al who strongly dislike her; and if you said Misty is the bomb CKG or cyber would be glad to differ. To answer the question, these fanboys exist to make me wanna shoot myself in the face

Komedic Konservationist
25th February 2006, 9:25 PM
Bleh, the only reason why Misty and May are worshipped as ''OMFG00berHAWT'' by senceless fanboys is because they're main characters. I'm sure if a random minor character such as Alice (from A Crowning Acheivment) was a main character, she'd have an intencely annoying fanbase of n00bs and idiots aswell.
If you just discard May and Misty's fame and such, you will probably accept them for the bog standard pre-teen mingers they really are.
Same goes for Pokemon; if Ash didn't own Pikachu, it would be as neglected as something like Tangela or Murkrow. It's all down to the way these characters and Pokemon are advertised and displayed.

CyberCubed
25th February 2006, 11:02 PM
I disagree with that. Had May been a filler character, she'd be on the list of "hot filler girls" for sure.

intergalactic platypus
25th February 2006, 11:04 PM
To you cyber. However, I do think her fame wouldn't have reached even close to what it has if she wasn't highly exposed. Same with most of the main characters

CyberCubed
25th February 2006, 11:05 PM
Well that's true obviously, for the simple fact that main characters will *always* be more popular than filler characters. That's just common sense.

I mean look at Lucy. She's only in 1 episode and people think she's hot. Had she been a main character, people would still think she's hot.

It's the same deal.

Yamato-san
26th February 2006, 12:19 AM
but remember, CyberCubed, several people were familiar with Azami long before since she's a character from a games (for that matter, Haruka's based on the female main character from the games). It'd have been better to use an example that's a one-shot, anime-exclusive girl which several people seem to like, such as Kaede or Chigusa.

Torchic23
26th February 2006, 12:27 AM
Nice sig pic Yamato-san -_-

On topic:
I'm not really sure why people like anime characters, even though I'm a Drew fan girl. Now you've got me thinking, why do I like Drew? Why do people like May? I never put much thought into it before, I just always said "just because"

Crystal Clair
26th February 2006, 1:42 AM
Well, I'm a die hard Misty fan although I'd sleep with May if she had Bianca's hair. Seriously, sometimes the animators really do draw her with curves. OMG, I'm too embarassed.
I still love Misty to death, honestly, I cant seem to find enough pictures where May's boobs are big enough
T_T
THE PICS ARE FOR A PROJECT.

Raevell
26th February 2006, 5:08 AM
Lol, okay, this is a funny thread...

Despite the fact that I am a May fangirl (no, that is not a typo, I am a chick) it's hard for me to answer why I like her so much. She's sweet, she's fun to watch, I'd love to have a friend like her... I know it isn't the boobs. I don't see why people get so annoyed with us crazies who have things for cartoon characters, I think most of us are well in the mind enough to know that they are just cartoon characters and we're not going to devote our exsistence to worshipping them. It's just hobbie like any other.

It's just something to focus on and have fun with. I laugh at how many people have a problem with fangirls/boys. Shoot yourself in the face? Good God...

Now as for the whole Misty/May thing it annoys me severely. If May was not considered a replacement for Misty I'm sure half of the people who hate her would be indifferent to her or might just end up liking her. If Misty came back and replaced May I wouldn't hold it against Misty, I'd judge her as a character as I always did. My irritation would be towards the writers.

Personally I would love to see a combo of Ash, May, Misty, and Brock in the show. I would love to see some gender balance.

Alphonse Elric
26th February 2006, 9:24 AM
Bleh, the only reason why Misty and May are worshipped as ''OMFG00berHAWT'' by senceless fanboys is because they're main characters. I'm sure if a random minor character such as Alice (from A Crowning Acheivment) was a main character, she'd have an intencely annoying fanbase of n00bs and idiots aswell.
If you just discard May and Misty's fame and such, you will probably accept them for the bog standard pre-teen mingers they really are.
Same goes for Pokemon; if Ash didn't own Pikachu, it would be as neglected as something like Tangela or Murkrow. It's all down to the way these characters and Pokemon are advertised and displayed.
Enough bashing please... -.-
There are WAY too many Misty vs. May thread around here, sheesh.

Heracross
26th February 2006, 11:01 AM
I think a better question would be: Why do people care so damn much?

If people want to ogle an eleven-year-old animated character composed of lines and colors, so what? How does that affect anyone in any way? It's stupid to make such a big deal over it. :/

Alfonso
26th February 2006, 12:48 PM
There's Misty and May fanboys because both of them are main characters. Any regular watcher of the show will have regular contact with both characters and thus those that don't dislike, hate them, or not bothered by them will fanboy over them.

I can see why Misty has so many fanboys. Not because of her 'character'. Back in the early days of Pokemon, Misty would strip off and get into a tight bikini on regular occasions. There was the small red one in the Samurai episode, the one from the St. Anne episode, Banned episode Diglett episode... etc. etc.

As for May, she's got boobies. :< Young boys see them and are all 'Boobies!' ;D

With me, I'll stick to being all o.,o over Roxanne and my One Shot girls. ;<

For those wondering, o.,o is a smilie created by me and Grim on the SPPf chat. :0 He mistyped o.o and I thought up how it could be used: As a nosebleed.

High Commander Solomon
26th February 2006, 7:11 PM
A nosebleed? Clever.

Geki
27th February 2006, 2:51 AM
May and Misty can be both attractive animated girls, I must say. But I've never obsessed over a drawing before.