PDA

View Full Version : An idea for the tenth anniversary...

Nylf
5th February 2006, 7:22 PM
Well, yeah, it's Pokemon's tenth anniversary soon. I thought, 'why not make a one-shot?'. About what though? The ideas I have are:

1) A trainer starting, in Kanto, ten years later. Team Rocket's gone, all the Gym leaders are differant, even Prof Oak is now Gary. The really in-depth version. I've already written Final Choice, which looks at ending the game in depth, as it's about a trainer facing Rayquaza. So this idea appeals to me most.

the main things this will cover is:
What does this trainer think to the fact they've got ten years of history on their shoulders?
The basic history of all the games to do with the heroes. Who they fight, what they did, how the games ended.
Whether this trainer can handle the pressure?
Whether this trainer feels pressured?
Why this trainer wants to go on a journey.
Whether they aren't having second thoughts.
If they are actually going to do it.

2) The legendaries view on the last 'ten years'. What one legendary, probably Ho-oh, thinks, of Team Rocket's fall, their second fall, the Suicune hunt, the search and awakening of the dogs, him actually meeting random trainer, his version of 500 years ago, what he thinks of Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, Mwtwo's creation and finally, looking ahead. What's going to happen next?

Main points on what it covers:
The main events throughout all the games.
What Ho-oh thinks of them.
My version of the 'Towers' legend
What Ho-oh thinks of all these heroes who have come and gone.
What Ho-oh thinks the future will hold.

3) The Charmander that someone with Red started with a long time ago's tale. Retelling Red, through the eyes of the Charizard that fought it's way through it, facing Legendaries, Dragons and Mewtwo beside it's trainer.

Main points it will cover:
The key battles throught Red
What Charizard's views on them were.
Whether or not he actually enjoyed it.
The fact that he is now a footnote next to his trainer in history
Whether the quest was worth it.
His views on his trainer
His views on his trainer's battling style

What do you think? Which idea sounds best, should I do more than one, or should I just forget this idea?

Timid Kyogre
5th February 2006, 7:28 PM
Its not such a bad idea...If you think of it:

Nylf: I wrote this one shot because it was Pokemon's tenth anniversary

Sounds good to me ^_^

1) A trainer starting, in Kanto, ten years later. Team Rocket's gone, all the Gym leaders are differant, even Prof Oak is now Gary. The really in-depth version. I've already written Final Choice, which looks at ending the game in depth, as it's about a trainer facing Rayquaza. So this idea appeals to me most.

Well...Between all of the ideas this is the best one, but you could think of a better one.

Like I always say...Just take your time :D

Think of it very well and plan it out, try your best to think of ideas that weren't used.

Good luck!

~Timid Kyogre

Act
5th February 2006, 7:45 PM
O.o;; Pokemon came out in 1993. Unless you mean SPPF's tenth anniversary or something... :shrug: Just a tad confuzzled over here.

Nylf
5th February 2006, 7:59 PM
Pokemon was DEVELOPED in 1993. It wasn't released till 1996. There's a whole forum section to it.

Act
5th February 2006, 11:25 PM
Actually, we're both wrong. I looked into it, and the official release was mid-1995.

There's a whole forum section to it.

And I'm not quite sure what that means.

Nylf
5th February 2006, 11:33 PM
This is what I meant (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)

Does that help? And Timid Kyogre, thanks for the advice. I'll see what comes out. I've got more to add on the ideas now I've thought on them.