PDA

View Full Version : Your most embarassing manga moments

shinyrayquaza
7th February 2006, 12:20 AM
What is one of your most embarrasing moments? Once my friend and i were in the subway (i live in NYC) and he started singing the one piece theme song, quietly, and i started singing along, and some guy on the other sige of the train joined in..... It was pretty funny.

One i mistook some writing on a mcDonalds bag for "Pascal Avaf" And i started saying "Cororo!!! Intergrate!!!!!!!" (Cororo Pwns all) and the cash register lafdy looked at me funny. she didnt ask me if i wanted to eat to stay or go, she just gave e a take out bag... [8D

Xiang
7th February 2006, 2:51 AM
I was reading Ranma 1/2 in the library, and my dad picks me up from there (I go there by bus after school) and once, I said, "Can't I read a little more?" to my dad, but it wasn't my dad. It was a teenager. I was so humiliated I like, apologized a gazillion times...it was quite funny though. ;)

Kasaioni
7th February 2006, 12:13 PM
I was reading Ranma 1/2 in the library, and my dad picks me up from there (I go there by bus after school) and once, I said, "Can't I read a little more?" to my dad, but it wasn't my dad. It was a teenager. I was so humiliated I like, apologized a gazillion times...it was quite funny though. ;)
ouch and wow, this isn't really embarassing but i just started collecting InuYasha manga, I checked the rating and it was 14+ just like the anime, so I think it was in the 1st or second manga book and they accually show all of one of kagome's breast and i'm like "wow, they don't do THAT in the anime!" (obviously<_<)

Kez
13th February 2006, 10:22 PM
This is not really embarassing. The other day, I had just finished volumes one and two of Bleach and was keen to buy the 3rd one from the book shop, but they did not have it. So I asked if they could order it and I was stood there for about 15 minutes with woman and in the end she couldnt orger it cause it hadnt been published in the UK. I was kind of gutted. And then today I found a book shop that sells almost all of the manga that have been translated into english. I was well pleased. But like i said, it was not really that embarasing.

Skiks
13th February 2006, 11:26 PM
Try yelling out "I never knew you could make sewing look so cool" after reading a part of Bleach in public. <_<;

zonic the hedgehog
18th February 2006, 1:59 AM
Try reading "Love Hina" in public. :D

People will start calling you a pervert. XP

Hao Kaiser
18th February 2006, 3:10 AM
Haha...

I was reading the part of Dragon Ball where Goku and Kuririn start training. A kid sitting next to me on the bus saw the part where Goku was naked after the swiming excersise thing and shouted: "HOLY CRAP! HE'S NAKED!!!" I don't think anyone noticed him saying it, but ah, I was just.. ugh.

Xiang
18th February 2006, 3:50 AM
^>.< That's just...ugh.

I read Love Hina. ;)

VampirateMace
18th February 2006, 6:33 AM
Well... nothing like reading a teenage girl manga when you teenage sister (rather imature sister) comes in...
Not manga, but I was hoping she didn't see some of the scenes in watchmen either... like the burst page of blue john.

Kiyohime
21st February 2006, 3:17 AM
My friend and I were reading Uzumaki at the local bookshop where I work, and we were seeing sprials everywhere of all a sudden. We started screaming "IT'S THE SPIRAL OF HORROR! THE SPIRAL'S GONNA GETCHA!" and scared the crap out of a little old lady behind us. <<;

And when I was reading Naruto at school, the headmaster happened to walk in and look over my shoulder, and saw Naruto performing Harem No Jutsu in all of its glory. I think if nosebleeds were capable of happennig IRL like it does in the world of anime, I'd have been covered in my headmaster's nasal blood. xD

Xiang
26th February 2006, 2:43 AM
^>.< Just plain >.<

Mew26
26th February 2006, 6:48 PM
Try reading "Love Hina" in public. :D

People will start calling you a pervert. XP
Try reading it in school when you are wondering what you're boyfriend has been up to.......

Sailor Universe
26th February 2006, 7:33 PM
When my dad started reading the "Love Hina" that I'd forgotten at the dinner table >.> When he asked if I really read stuff like that, I lied and said it was my brother's book XD

And oh, when I was in the school library and suddenly began singing the Shaman King song BobLove. Loud. People looked at me like I was crazy.

Xiang
4th March 2006, 2:44 AM
Whenever one of my parents approach me when I'm reading manga, I hide it because if they saw what it was, they'd forbid me to read it and chain me to the children's section. T_T I would hate that. So don't leave manga out for Mum and Dad to read, kids.

Keleri
5th March 2006, 7:36 PM
Heheh, I borrowed a couple volumes of Battle Royale from my friend and was reading them in class... luckily the teacher didn't notice, but the guy behind me was like, "I didn't know you liked hentai." x) I told him I was mostly there for teh gorez0r.

Oh, and once I picked up this girl's Love Hina book thingy, and just started to flip through it at random, and she was like, "ZOMG YR READING IT BACKWARDS LOL" which made me kind of sad because I -knew- that manga reads right to left, I just wasn't quite thinking. :'(

shinyrayquaza
5th March 2006, 9:46 PM
nice, pplz! I will now laugh my ***** off at your misfortune... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

My new most embarassing manga moment:
I actually read volumes 1-7 of megaman NT warrior. I will never live this one down.

shinyrayquaza
5th March 2006, 9:54 PM
nice, pplz! I will now laugh my butt off at your misfortune... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

My new most embarassing manga moment:
I actually read volumes 1-7 of megaman NT warrior.... and started enjoying it. how sad. I will never live this one down.

Jason goes to hell
7th March 2006, 3:32 PM
once I got dared to run into the girls bathroom and bange on all the doors. So I was bored and ran in and banged on all the doors and I found out it was'nt the right time because my teacher was in there. And in second grade I yelled out MONKEY! as loud as I can and my teacher was a b$&@! Once a girl I really liked said that she would'nt go out with me because she liked a boy that sucks *****.

Cerberus
7th March 2006, 7:47 PM
My mum bought me a manga to read when I was off school, it was Yaoi, I was off school reading Yaoi >.< I felt pretty embarresed in myself.

Konosuke
7th March 2006, 8:29 PM
Try explaining what Yakitate!! Japan! is based on to anyone? Very embarassing when you mention you like a manga based on baking bread XD

And ONE time, i tried (at my Aunt's advice) to show my mother ep 29, i think it was, of Prince of Tennis....half way through we stopped it as she was getting confused and couldnt read the subtitles XD

I have also been known to start humming random theme songs from various anime like Naruto (the original songs, mind you), Bleach's title songs, One Piece songs (from both versions, oddly enough...the rap is catchy!), and other show's <.<; >.>;

Raichu-chan
7th March 2006, 10:02 PM
ShinyRayqauza you're not supposed to post the same thing twice O.o;;

and Jason Goes to Hell, this is your most embarassing manga moments...

Anyway, my most embarassing manga moment was when I was reading Demon Diary at school. It's a shounen ai manga and there are a lot of homophobes at my school. They wouldn't leave me alone about it for weeks -_-;

Jason goes to hell
7th March 2006, 10:15 PM
fine if you want to here the most inbaressing thing I have done is running into the teachers lounge sticking up the middle finger and when they were taking me to theproblem solving room for no reason I started to sing "yankee doodle went to town riding on a heater acedentily turned it on and burnt his little WEENER!" I yelled out the last word as loud as I could. holy crap did I get in trouble but it was so fun.

Xiang
8th March 2006, 12:54 AM
This is about embarrassing MANGA moments. -_-

Token
8th March 2006, 1:29 AM
JGTH, do you even know hat manga is? Pathetic. LOLing at the megaman one. Anyway, i was reading FMA in class yesterday, and the teacher asked why what I was reading was more important than the lesson and I replied without thinking, "Lust is my bishie. Fark off." yes, fark off. I got a few laughs about that one. ¬_¬

shinyrayquaza
8th March 2006, 1:30 AM
i am not a mod, nor am i tying to act like one, but in defense of my thread- PLEASE STOP POSTING THINGS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MY TOPIC. Unless you didn't notice, the thread description is most embarrasing MANGA moments. That is why it is in the MANGA section. so, if you are going to say something stupid like that you flicked off your teacher, DO IT ELSEWHERE. Thank you.
(oh, btw, sorry bout the dubble post.

Cho Hakkai
8th March 2006, 5:44 AM
<< Most embarassing?

When I got teary-eyed on the library after reading Fruits BAsket volume 2 >>

Kasaioni
14th March 2006, 2:46 PM
Recently-i was looking for the fifth volume of inuyasha manga in chapters, and my mom said she would look in the other manga section for it, so she went and i said i would stay in the first manga section to look for it, then i saw some shoujoai sect(shoujoai manga), just in reach, me: o_o <_< >_> and there wasn't anyone around the section i was in so, i started reading it, later, just when i was in the middle of the "bigger parts", my mom came up to me and tapped me on the sholder, i jumped a little bit and feverishly put the shoujoai sect back, my mom said: wat were you reading? me: oh, just some, um, love hina, i couldn't find the inuyasha fifth manga though. mom: oh, i found it, its right here *she handed it over to me* ok lets go
'nways, if i haden't put the shoujoai manga back in time i would have been in very big trouble, luckly, i got lucky that day *phew* thank goodness o_o

shinyrayquaza
10th April 2006, 11:27 PM
C'mon, people! DON'T LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!!! IT"S ONLY HERE BECUZ NO ONE LOOKS AT THE SECOND PAGE!!

okay, i got one.i went to comic-con dressed as aburame shino. my friends went as hinata and kiba, and my friend's mom went as their sensei (Forgot her name.), and some punk dressed as maito guy (Those were REAL EYEBROWS, I swear!) Started hitting on my friend's mom! Then, i pulled of some random jutsu (Tiger, tiger, snake, dragon,monkey,ram,boar) and he got all scared and backed off.

I think i'll just go in final fantasy gear next year.

Kanta-chan
11th April 2006, 12:44 AM
When I was reading FMA volume 1, chapter 1 in a church. >_> <_< >_> . . .

Someone peered over my shoulder and was all: "=OOO Your atheist(sp?)?!?!?! What are you doing here?" and everyone looked at me weird. -_-; Bah~ wrong assumption dude. ='(

Aiko ♪
11th April 2006, 1:45 AM
One day I was reading Zatch Bell manga(japanese)
1st volume.I was reading the beginning and saw a picture of Zatch naked...
(say nothing plz) I was so embarrissed about it.Luckly no one saw the picture.I was in school,so yaaa.

Tiffany
11th April 2006, 6:41 AM
One time I was reading Chobits during silent reading and I was on the page where it shows Chi's breast. My teacher was hovering over my shoulder and saw it. I've never gotten such a weird look from a teacher as the one he gave me.

Mangekyo Sharingan
11th April 2006, 6:43 AM
i was reading one of the inyuyashsa books in class after a test (i dont read them in order...i know wierd but it keeps me more interested) well anyways and i saw kagome's boobs than i said HOLY **** than i got detetion! And every one laughed and i too was laughing

Alphonse Elric
11th April 2006, 7:36 AM
A classmate of mine brought a (yaoi) manga called "Passion" to school and I accidentally saw two guys in bed together. I suddenly blurted out, "Ah! Queer Eye became evil!!!" in public. Oh, snap. That's all I can say, folks. :P

Manyula
11th April 2006, 12:45 PM
I was reading the pokemon manga when the acid my friends came up and i thurght it was scott and goes hey scott look at that arbok

Muffin
21st April 2006, 8:53 PM
Whoo, this is a long post.

Once I brought the first volume of Chobits to school. I was reading it before science class started, and my lab partners took it from me and started looking through it. Then they started showing all of the pictures of Chii's breasts to the guys in the class. Everyone knew it was my book, too. >>

Another time, my friend and I printed out a bunch of perverted Fruits Basket jokes off of the internet. I have a lot of friends who like Fruits Basket, so I showed the jokes to my friends at school the next day. I copied some onto a piece of notebook paper for my friend. The next day she came up to me and said that during her science class, the teacher asked her for a scrap sheet of paper, and she accidentally handed him the sheet with the jokes on it XD. She said that the teacher yelled "WHAT IS THIS?!" so loud that everyone turned to look at them, and then he gave her the weirdest look she'd ever seen. That was probably more embarrasing for my friend than me, but the paper was in my handwriting. I don't know if he could tell it was mine or not though. Thank god we had a cool science teacher that year. A lot of people started bugging my friends and I about it though.

Once I was reading Aquarian Age: Juvenile Orion before class started, and my teacher came up from out of nowhere, took the book from me, and started looking through it. I was sitting there, afraid that he was going to confiscate it. He read the description on the back of it, then he tried reading it from left to right, realized he was reading it the wrong way, and then turned it over and read the first ten pages or so of it. Then he handed it back to me and said "Hm, very interesting". I wonder what he thought of it o_O.

EDIT: Oh, one more. Two friends and I were outside reading the third volume of Yu Yu Hakusho together. A teacher came up, started looking over my shoulder, and then said "I've seen that show!" I replied, "Really?" And he said, pointing at a picture of Yusuke, "Yeah, the show with that guy, and he's some kind of demon killer or something!" My friends and I were just like, "Uh, okay".

Miho
21st April 2006, 9:34 PM
This first one happened to my friend. She was reading a manga (I think it was called Kami-Kaze or something) and there was this sex scene at the beginning, and her friend came over, picked it up, asked what it was, opened it, saw the sex scene, and screamed like a ninny. :3

Then once in Civics class, I had to explain the concept of yaoi manga to my class because my teacher caught me reading one. :|

ADD:
When I was reading FMA volume 1, chapter 1 in a church. >_> <_< >_> . . .
LOL. If I ever tried to read FMA in church, I'd be kicked out. >> Not to mention the fact that my mom would end up killing me for it.

unholylssj
22nd April 2006, 1:44 AM
I was sitting in class, reading volume 7 of Get Backers. Just as I turned on the page where Himiko starts sweating to make her perfume that controls people's minds take effect*her top was off, though it didn't show her breasts, cept for maybe a little bit*, my teacher walked by and gave me the dirtiest look ever.

Mangekyo Sharingan
22nd April 2006, 9:37 AM
i know i posted in this thread befor but my most emberasing thing happen today!!!!! i was reading love hina volume 1 when my teacher krept behind me an took the book and started reading it than i thought i would be busted but than something in his pants arised.........and i screamed EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIILL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!than he gave me my book and refered me to the office than the beel rang and than i just went to the library

Miho
22nd April 2006, 8:51 PM
Oh, yes. I've recently taken up sitting like L from "Death Note" just to see if I really felt any smarter by sitting that way. When asked about my weird way of sitting, I replied "L sits this way and he's pretty much a genius." My teachers glare at me for "being a smart ***."

CRAZYDRAGON89
22nd April 2006, 9:11 PM
well, this may not be an OMG moment, but when i was at this anime club at school, the person who was bringing the dvds in was low on dvds, so we started listing EVERY manga anyone in the room could think of (there was like .....20-25 people). so we had the categorys (shonen jump, clamp, etc) and then someone put up Chobits. well, i said ch-A-bits, and i got a good 2 minute silence for that one. then someone finally said, 'what did you say?' and i said again, ch-A-bits. then, i got a very long laugh and a good scolding from everyone in the room, because it is pronounced ch-O-bits...i even got a death threat for that.....stupid cousin teaching me the wrong way to say things!!! XP

oh, and this didn't happen to me, but it did happen to my stupid cousin who teaches me to say manga wrong XP, but when she got a manga for christmas, she left it out on the table. it was a pretty ris-kay manga, and my uncle picked it up and said
'this is what you read day in, day out?'
cousin: 'yeah.'
uncle: 'wow, i'm gonna have to start takin these away from you, i'll probably have to keep it hidden under my mattress with all the other nasty things you kids bring in (sarcasm obviously)'
cousin #2: 'so THAT's where my magazine went! (sarcasm again)'
cousin #1: *akward silence*

not necessarily embarrasing, but FUNNY AS HECK!!! i was laughing for like 5 minutes straight! =^^=

Minami Itsuki
22nd April 2006, 10:08 PM
An embarassing moment might be when I was reading manga at the store....and I leaned on the shelf since I was standing for a long time. Oo

Let's just say...lots of mangas dropped. Oo

So...I had to pick them all up. >> People were staring at me. Oo

But probably the most embarassing one was when I got teary eyed after reading Furuba. xDD

qwerqwer
23rd April 2006, 12:27 AM
Well my friend was reading the first shonen jump at school and showed me a part where someone is gonna turn into a super evil warrior to show off...and turns into a naked girl instead. mist covered the most important parts but most of her breasts were still showing. not right.

Xiang
23rd April 2006, 12:52 AM
My my, a lot of this involves nudity. D:

I'm very short for my age, you see, so I'm mistaken for an eight-year-old when I'm almost twelve. So once I was reading Ranma 1/2 in the Young Adult section of the library when this teenager walked up to me and said "hey little kid, you shouldn't be reading that stuff at your age."

And so on.

Mysty
24th April 2006, 12:33 PM
Hmmm...embarressing manga moments....I got caught reading Only the Ring Finger know in religion class a while back. Eheheh. My super-Catholic teacher nearly had a heart attack.

shinyrayquaza
26th April 2006, 9:36 PM
Well, i got a new one. okay, so one night at dinner, we were having rolls, and i was about to grab the last roll, and my brother grabbed it at the same time, and i yelled out "I challenge you to a Xiaolin Showdown!! My--" Then i noticed everyone was staring at me and i became all red and sat down (My brother got the roll, btw)

Oh, and Roy Mustang, WHERE'S MY COOKIE CAKE?!!??