PDA

View Full Version : PokeStop

DSSBobby
7th February 2006, 1:56 AM
Well, since its been rated everywhere else I thought I'd come get some new opinions. So, comments, corcerns, etc. Feel free to bash it, I'm looking to improve.

PokeStop (http://pokestop.net)

chaos on the internet
7th February 2006, 1:52 PM
could you have any more affiliates and topsites? that stuff doesn't bring in hits :-/
changing text size in browser destroys navigation bar
any reason why you have -3- website titles on every page of your site? the title of the page should change with the content, as well.
you probably shouldn't have the staff login url on the main navigation...
html is table based and slow to load

on the plus side, some of the graphics and color scheme are pretty. :)

Magma Leader Maxie
7th February 2006, 9:19 PM
Yeah, I think you're seriously lacking a few more affiliate links. That's prime quality info which keeps the visitors returining like ants to a sugarcube >_>. You definitley need to keep it much smaller. Also, you seem to have gone crazy on most pages with additional affiliate buttons under the content.

Also, you've got a little bit too many images loading on the index page :/
Remember the well-known fact that a good percentage of visitors hit "back" if the page isn't decently loaded in under 7 seconds.

I like the little Vulpix, Lugia, Metagross, ... that appears in the navbar. It's rather cute and gives an impression of a "clean" and tidy site. If that makes any sense.

I have also noticed that the staff login is not only in the navbar, but really close to the top. Shouldn't that be an address that should at least be hidden? Why you have chosen to include a link to the log-in page in the very topmost box of your navbar is beside me.

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
9th February 2006, 3:16 PM
PokeStop, PokeStop... nice name. Anyways, I would instantly suggest moving the Nav Bar down! You could easily put your Affiliates that are at the bottom underneath that, or on the right hand side bar. You've done 2 posts for one, and none for the other! I would reccomend doing all your update news into one Entry. You can update some of your page names, as we've been confirmed that Rukairo is Lucairo. (Wave Guiding Hero= Lucairo and the Mystery of Mew!) Only have one forum and put PokeComunity onto your Affiliates or something, I got confused when I first looked. If you are using HTML, A good code is Locking a background on. It goes something like this...

<body background="Background File Name Here" width="1024" height="768" alt="" border="0" align="" bgcolor="#ffffff" bgproperties="fixed"> Just edit all except the bgproperties to what you want and you'll have a good website background! I can't see any credit for PokePalace's Pokedex on there. In all, Navbar, you could use a BG image if you wanted, move some affiliates and Updating appropiatley and its a good site! 7/10.

MidnightScott
12th February 2006, 5:23 AM
Bravo, what a nice site you have there.

I hope to see it succeed well!

~Scott;229;

TorchicBlaziken
28th November 2008, 10:57 PM
I guess it's down. BTW, what does Hawaii have to do with anything? I guess I'll use the WayBackMachine to see what it was.

Virtual Headache
29th November 2008, 3:43 AM
Yes it's down. Probably because this thread is more than 2 years old. Don't bump old threads please.