PDA

View Full Version : My Lvl 18 partially EV trained Blissey won't take HP Ups

Tino
7th February 2006, 1:29 PM
Hi, my Blissey won't take HP Ups even though it only has 152 HP EVs, did I do anything wrong? I was planning to EV train it on Marills on 6 Island until it had 152 HP EVs then giving it 10 HP Ups to get to 252. Should I have given the HP Ups first? Will I still be able to raise its HP EVs to 252 by manually EV training?

What other stat should I EV train- Sp. Atk or Sp. Def?

*Im really not sure if im putting this in the right section, if Im not, please tell me so I can try to find a way to delete it and put it somewhere else.

boLd NinJa{Koga's Son}
7th February 2006, 1:32 PM
U can give HP Ups (and the other Vitamins) only 'till its EV reaches 100. So I would recommend to give the HP ups BEFORE the "real" EV training. NOw u have to continue your ev training with your blissey coz it already has more than 100 HP ev's.

;169;

aipomkong
7th February 2006, 4:52 PM
What other stat should I EV train- Sp. Atk or Sp. Def?

more like defence

with a + defence nature and 252 def evs you double it's resistance to physical attacks, and depite only having a max of 130 defence physical attackers will still have a difficult time beating you

chaos952
7th February 2006, 6:34 PM
252 HP / 252 Def / 6SDef or 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SDef.

252 Defense and Bold Nature is a must.

ZNtelle
8th February 2006, 5:10 AM
This would actually go in R/S/E since they specialize in game machanics, but that's okay. Just read the first reply.

Tino
8th February 2006, 11:16 AM
Thanks to everyone who replied, was thinking that i should ev train sp.def because it's naturally good at it and i was planning to teach it counter so i could do ohkos then softboiled. Is that a good strategy or will it just faint?

Can anyone give me a good moveset? I was thinking of teaching it ice beam or some other sp. atk based move w/ good accuracy and a defensive move like light screen, reflect of refresh in addition to counter and softboiled. Maybe endure could work too, right? Im actually really bad at planning movesets, i still have full sets of tms in ruby, emerald, lg and fr (i had to use dig in sapphire to catch the regis).

aipomkong
8th February 2006, 4:07 PM
seismic toss
thunder wave / ice beam
aromapherapy / ice beam
softboiled

aroma is quite useless in game tbh so ice beam is generally better

TOY MACHINE
9th February 2006, 2:58 AM
On netbattle ive been using thunder on bliss for the 60% par

but thats a competetive ev distribution and a differant use

aipomkong
9th February 2006, 5:45 PM
and would mean no natural cure

TOY MACHINE
9th February 2006, 8:40 PM
yeah serene grace i forgot to say that

i like it because it has the stay power to ko a few pokes wit counter/siesmec toss

ShinobiGhost
9th February 2006, 8:40 PM
The ultimate meat shield must be stopped. I get tired of having to beat this thing into submission the good old fashioned way with physical attackers, because I don't want to waste the PP of my special moves on my more key positions. Chances are, Blissey will end up against a physical attacking Pokemon, so you want to pump as much Defense into it as possible. Poor Aerodactyl... He could only do so much against the last meat shield he fought... -Sigh-

Blissey:
Thunder Wave - Necessary in my opinion
Seismic Toss - Pretty standard
Ice Beam - Some variety
Softboiled - This wouldn't even -be- good without it on the field.

Anyway, thats the moves out of the ones he displayed that I would go with.

Tino
11th February 2006, 5:33 PM
Thnx agen but is ice beam, counter, seismic toss and softboiled gud?, i kinda didnt follow ur advice for the ev training cos i was already abt halfway through training in sp.def (it has a serious nature anyway) so now its evs are 252 hp and 252 sp.def, i guesss i really messed up huh? Im pretty sure ill just giv it an iron instead of a calcium to finish its ev training. I still want to try out the counter-softboiled strategy to see if its any good though

I dont really know how to hyperlink stuff (i can try but i just might mess things up), hehe, so please just search for my other post about ev training my party (Kingdra, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Blissey, Rapidash, Rhydon). Thnx in advance.

aipomkong
11th February 2006, 5:42 PM
counter won't work unless you have near absolute maximum def, as it will just die to practically any physical attack

Tino
11th February 2006, 6:00 PM
oh, that sucks, can u check my other post about ev training my party?