PDA

View Full Version : FR/LG Team Help

Overwhelming_Latias
8th February 2006, 2:54 PM
Hey there forummers. I'm having trouble with my FR/LG team. I've currently got four members, and I'm looking for two more to round out the lineup.

This team is IN-GAME, though I may be using it for some 'Direct Corner' battles some time in the future.

Charizard@?
Nature:Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

Crobat@Choice Band
Nature:Jolly (+Speed, -Sp.Atk)
Sludge Bomb
Aerial Ace
Shadow Ball
Steel Wing

Starmie@?
Nature:Modest (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
Surf
Psychic
Ice Beam
Recover

Jolteon@?
Nature:Naive (+Speed, -Sp.Def)
Thunderbolt
HP Grass
?
?

Please don't:

-suggest better natures for them, as my luck always got me crap ones that had no use on the Pokemon (such as a Modest Zubat o_O) and thus the natures that my four Pokes have is staying that way. I've soft-resetted countless times already.
-I know HP Ground/Fighting would have been better on Crobat, but it's got Rock. If you think that would work better than Steel Wing, lemme know :D
-And Jolteon's HP... I would've preferred Ice, but Grass works just as well and everytime i got a Timid Eevee it's HP was always Fighting or summat equally lame. :(

Please do:

-suggest two more Pokemon to fill this squad. I can see there is a need for a tank, as the pokes I have all hit hard and fast but can't really take a beating... :(
-more moves for Jolteon.
-alternate movesets for my team that don't include Hidden Power or different natures.

Thanks in advance for your time. :D

-OL

Broodstar
8th February 2006, 10:01 PM
Hey there forummers. I'm having trouble with my FR/LG team. I've currently got four members, and I'm looking for two more to round out the lineup.

This team is IN-GAME, though I may be using it for some 'Direct Corner' battles some time in the future.

Charizard@?
Flamethrower/Fire Blast if going with power since it has Adamant
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

Crobat@Choice Band
Sludge Bomb
Aerial Ace
Shadow Ball
Steel Wing

Starmie@?
Surf
Psychic
Ice Beam
Recover

Jolteon@?
Thunderbolt
HP Grass
Subsitute
Baton Pass
Well...I'm not really of a Jolteon person...
Please don't:

-suggest better natures for them, as my luck always got me crap ones that had no use on the Pokemon (such as a Modest Zubat o_O) and thus the natures that my four Pokes have is staying that way. I've soft-resetted countless times already.
-I know HP Ground/Fighting would have been better on Crobat, but it's got Rock. If you think that would work better than Steel Wing, lemme know :D
-And Jolteon's HP... I would've preferred Ice, but Grass works just as well and everytime i got a Timid Eevee it's HP was always Fighting or summat equally lame. :(

Please do:

-suggest two more Pokemon to fill this squad. I can see there is a need for a tank, as the pokes I have all hit hard and fast but can't really take a beating... :(
-more moves for Jolteon.
-alternate movesets for my team that don't include Hidden Power or different natures.

-OL
I can't really suggest more Pokemon since I don't know what you have/are willing to train ;).

Overwhelming_Latias
8th February 2006, 10:15 PM
I'm pretty much willing to train anything that I can get my hands on, be it Snorlax, Heracross, Jumpluff, Tentacruel... anything really. Just suggest! :D

Freakshow
8th February 2006, 10:18 PM

Charizard@?
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

Crobat@Choice Band
Sludge Bomb
Aerial Ace
Shadow Ball
Steel Wing

Starmie@?
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover

Jolteon@?
Thunderbolt
HP Grass
Substitute
Baton Pass/Thunder Wave

Please don't:

Please do:

-more moves for Jolteon.

-OL

Tanks are welcome, since your team is filled with sweepers. I like Snorlax

Overwhelming_Latias
8th February 2006, 10:37 PM
I was considering Thunderbolt on Starmie (as I use the BoltBeam combo on NetBattle), but I felt I needed a Psychic attack and why not get STAB for it? :S

And thanks for the Jolteon moveset. I'll give it a go. :D

aipomkong
8th February 2006, 10:56 PM
tbh recover starmie isn't that useful in-game, if you don't go to the battle frontier

ShinobiGhost
9th February 2006, 7:51 PM
I could say it, but it has been said 1,000 times. Get Arcanine/Ninetails immediately, because Charizard is junk. Not because of its stats, but because it is weak to everything under the sun. I had to learn the lesson the hard way when it came to detaching from the big orange pillow.

Worthy additions:
Aerodactyl - Adamant - Rock Head
-Wing Attack/Aerial Ace
-Earthquake
-Double Edge
-Return

I have that move set and Pokemon on my game, and its a monster against pretty much anything, you can't -stop- it from doing damage, unless you have some sort of crazy tank. Also, since I hate Snorlax, get a Blissey, regardless of how hard it is to obtain due to Chansey being so lame in the Safari zone, it is quite the meat shield. Also, if you're going to use Ninetails, make sure it is built to out-last the opponent, it can't sweep aswell as Arcanine or Charizard can in the long run.

aipomkong
9th February 2006, 9:24 PM
more like rock slide over return, as you don't want double-edge and return in the same moveset

TOY MACHINE
9th February 2006, 10:35 PM
I could say it, but it has been said 1,000 times. Get Arcanine/Ninetails immediately, because Charizard is junk. Not because of its stats, but because it is weak to everything under the sun.

Nintales is complete junk

charizard can belly drum

Ninetales can die everytime

DragonDance
9th February 2006, 10:40 PM
I could say it, but it has been said 1,000 times. Get Arcanine/Ninetails immediately, because Charizard is junk. Not because of its stats, but because it is weak to everything under the sun. I had to learn the lesson the hard way when it came to detaching from the big orange pillow.

Worthy additions:
Aerodactyl - Adamant - Rock Head
-Wing Attack/Aerial Ace
-Earthquake
-Double Edge
-Return

I have that move set and Pokemon on my game, and its a monster against pretty much anything, you can't -stop- it from doing damage, unless you have some sort of crazy tank. Also, since I hate Snorlax, get a Blissey, regardless of how hard it is to obtain due to Chansey being so lame in the Safari zone, it is quite the meat shield. Also, if you're going to use Ninetails, make sure it is built to out-last the opponent, it can't sweep aswell as Arcanine or Charizard can in the long run.
lol at Zard being junk, subdrum > alot of things all > nintails, arcinine = crap move pool without hidden power

Slide >>>>>>>>>>> return
-SL ;157;;munchlax;;112;

ZNtelle
10th February 2006, 3:47 AM
Right now, if I were you, I'd watch out for Thunderbolt once Jolteon gets KO'ed.

Fluorescent Adolescent
10th February 2006, 4:14 PM
Jolteon as lead plz. Sub+BP to zard who belly drums. ZOMG :O!!!

Overwhelming_Latias
11th February 2006, 2:21 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions. I've currently caught a Chansey and I'm breeding Heal Bell onto it.

Any suggestions for a sixth Pokemon? I like Aerodactyl, I had that last time round (Choice Band & Rock Head & Jolly, Rock Slide, EQ, Double Edge and HP Flying), but that would mean that four of my team are weak to T'bolt, with only Blissey and Jolty to absorb the attack. :(

Thanks again.

-OL