PDA

View Full Version : .hack

Kez
8th February 2006, 8:42 PM
I just bought this the other day, the first manga I own, and I was just wandering what you opinions on it were?

Ther series I have is //Legend of the Twilight, but I am sure there are others. I did a search to see how many volumes there were and it came up with different series. I looked on both pages already but I was unable to find anything.

So this thread was to ask 2 questions, well maybe three:
1. What is you opinion on it?
2. Are there other series and how many volumes are there in each series.

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
8th February 2006, 8:53 PM
Well, theere ARE other series.
.hack//SIGN (anime)
.hack (fourpart Game Sereis)
.hack Zero, After Birth, and AI Buster (novels)
The manga is 3 volums long

MarcmenX
9th February 2006, 1:23 AM
My favorite anime of all time and one of my two greatest inspirations in art work, that is all I will say

oh, and let's not forget .Hack//Ressurection (3 part game series) coming soon!

9th February 2006, 2:01 AM
My favorite anime of all time and one of my two greatest inspirations in art work, that is all I will say

oh, and let's not forget .Hack//Ressurection (3 part game series) coming soon!
G.U. and FRAGMENT too.
Well, I personaly like this Manga,it beats the anime basied off it hands down. The storyline is better and the art is more mature.

Lil Brother
9th February 2006, 4:29 AM
Ooooh, I love .hack! I got the Twilight manga and the two AI Buster books. *huggle* It was my first non-Pokemon manga.

Hehe. I hope to save enough for the complete //Sign collection. $130? Jeez, way too much. I'll get there eventually though!

And I'm waiting for them to start releasing Another Birth (novel representation of the games) over here. And I'm keeping my eyes open for Zero in the meantime.

And for the record, the thing that reeled me in was the (out-of-canon) Twilight anime. I think Twilight may be the best, because its humor is simply awesome. It doesn't take itself too seriousy yet still tells a good story, which is awesome in my opinion.

Kez
9th February 2006, 10:28 PM
I thought that they were all manga at first. Well there are never that many anime showing in the UK. I do not even think that DBZ is on any more. But I will have to look.

Is the anime good? I have read the first volume and really enjoyed it. I am hoping to get the second and third ones some time in half-term.

BTW, are the novels any good? I mean, I havnt seen them before here in the UK, are they available here?

Oh, and was it ever popular? I mean if it was, why did they ever only do 3 volumes?

Cerberus
10th February 2006, 6:45 PM
I read "The legend of the twilight" some time ago, its great, one of the best manga's I read.

Kez
10th February 2006, 7:47 PM
I also think that it is great. I am getting volume 2 tomorrow, so dont tell me what happens. LOL. Are the novels available in english? I would really like to read them after the Manga. I mean they are all one story arnt they?

10th February 2006, 9:47 PM
The Anime based on //TWILIGHT sucks, realy. They changed the storyline toomuch and they are too chibi *cringes* The //SIGN Anime, however, is briilant. They only made three Volumes to finish off the 'lighterharted' part of the .hack// saga.

Lil Brother
12th February 2006, 5:41 PM
There's no such thing as too chibi. :P But yeah, the Twilight anime should have stayed closer to its roots. >>

So, here's the order I got stuff in:

-Legend of the Twilight vol. 1
-Legend of the Twilight vol. 2
-Legend of the Twilight vol. 3
-AI Buster
-AI Buster 2

Twilight was for a long time considered the end. So be expected to go "omgwtf?" in the last volume at a few parts. So two weeks later when I bought AI Buster (which is placed first) I went "Ooooooooh, now I get it!" I do recommend the order I bought them in. You gain answers as you read, but still the constant mysteries of the world of .hack remain. And that's a cool feeling. Plus, they're all written by the same guy so it flows well.

And don't believe AIB2's name. It's not a true sequel, instead it's five stories told from five different characters.

-First is a retelling of AI Buster from a different perspective.
-Then a continuation which goes from the beginning of Sign to the end of the original four games.
-A story of the antagonist of Twilight from her perspective. Thankfully, it still shows what a b!tch she truly is. XD
-A little origin story of Rena that is retold from the time of Twilight vol. 1.
-A little orgin story of Hotaru before she met Shugo.

All in all, a pretty good read but it lacks focus. ^^

EDIT: And oh yeah, the AI Buster novels are in English! XD I'm not sure if Zero is, still looking for that. In June the first of the four-part Another Hero series comes out here, a retelling of the games from a different character's perspective, which is good for fans like me who don't have a PS2. Whee. XD

.hack was never that popular... But it should have been! And the manga was always planned to be a mini, orginally it was planned to only be two volumes. There was enough to make four, but that decided to squish it all into three for some reason.

Yup, the novels are appearantly in the UK. Because if not, someone's going to have to explain why the UK price is on the back cover of AIB2.

Kez
13th February 2006, 9:52 AM
Well I have yet to buy and read volume 3 so when I do, I will be sure to post my opinions here. I think it ends on kind of a cliff hanger though.
I will be sure to try and buy AI buster whenever I can though. That is after I have read the manga.