PDA

View Full Version : I will start Breeding for a Feraligator,but first I need some help!

Alfonc
9th February 2006, 1:59 AM
What I am trying to achieve is to get a Feraligator with Flawless:Speed,Sp.Attack,Attack.

The last time I entered the Battle Dome I got crushed by a Dragon Tamer with this:Tyranitar@Chesto Berry:ThunderWave,Dragon Dance,Rest,RockSlide.
This Tyranitar appears to have been Trained for Max: Defense,Sp.Defense,HP.
My Choice Banded Slaking did Earthquake and survived with about 15/10 HP.

I am trying to counter attack these Dragonite/Tyranitar's with Feraligator.

This is what I'm going for:

Feraligator@Lum Berry
Hasty nature
Ev's 210 Sp.Attack,190 Attack,110 Speed

Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Hidden Power:Fire
Earthquake

Lum Berry protects it from Tyranitar's ThunderWave and other Status Effects.

Hidden Power:Fire is to take out Scizor/Scyther's and other Bug/Grass Type Pokemon.

Hydro Pump will do an amazing hit on Tyranitar's.

Ice Beam takes care of Flying Types and ofcourse Dragonite!

Earthquake is just a Filler and is quite Powerful against Steel/Fire/Poison/Rock and Electric which is Feraligator's weakness

So,what do you think?
Will it earn me some more Championships in the Battle Dome?

Edit:Will go with Hasty nature because I don't have a Naive natured Ditto to breed with.

ShinobiGhost
9th February 2006, 2:24 AM
With the build above this thing won't be made for any sort of endurance, it'll basically be a one and done in terms of lasting ability. Now if this is simply to destroy those pesky Dragonite's/Tyranitar's, I suppose it has a high chance of success. You can knock off the said problematic Tyranitar above with this build and a tad bit of intelligence in terms of what to use when. However, you're looking at a possible flop if you can't OHKO this Tyranitar, so be prepared.

In all honesty, I think it can and would work, but I still don't know if I agree with HP Fire, it seems if you're looking for something that can stand the test of endurance you'd want more PP in STAB moves or something more critical than your cookie cutter fire attack.

However, thats just my opinion and I don't really know Feraligator's move pool well enough to tell you what can replace it and do a good job. Overall, it seems decent and my best guess is, you can roll the standard Tyranitar/Dragonite with this against an AI opponent.

SapphireL
9th February 2006, 4:21 AM
Feraligatr isn't good with Sp.Attacks, trust me, I KNOW. ._.;

Feraligatr (Adamant/Brave/Lonely Nature)
EVs: 252 Attack, 58 Sp.Attack, 44 Hp, 107 Def, 107 Sp.Def (something LIKE that. >_>)
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
-EQ

with 3 Swords Dances, this Pokemon rips through teams.

ShinobiGhost
9th February 2006, 5:13 AM
Feraligatr Is good at taking a beating and doing decent damage while doing it. Oh how I so miss my Totodile of old.

Tazzler
9th February 2006, 7:46 PM

EVs: 252 Attack, 58 Sp.Attack, 44 Hp, 107 Def, 107 Sp.Def (something LIKE that. >_>)
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
-EQ

A little bit of apeed never hurts.

chaos952
9th February 2006, 11:09 PM
Steelix laughs at that Tyranitar.

Alfonc
9th February 2006, 11:10 PM

-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
-EQ

I don't want Swords Dance or other Physical Attacks!
I am sticking with this Hasty Totodile that has outstanding IV'S in Sp.Attack,Speed,HP.

Besides,did you even read my first Post SapphireL?
I said I had problems with Tyranitar's and Dragonite's,and i'm guessing you forgot about ThunderWave?

58 Ev's in Sp.Attack won't even scratch a Tyranitar with Hydro Pump.

I am staying with Special Attacks and Feraligator has a good Sp.Attack base!

DragonDance
9th February 2006, 11:26 PM
you know, it's not a good idea to argue with people that know what their doing, let alone a mod...

ZNtelle
10th February 2006, 4:50 AM
If you insist on staying with SAtk., have fun trying to win when you keep losing.

SapphireL
10th February 2006, 6:19 AM
I read your post, Shiny Mewtwo... but Feraligatr really isn't a Sp.Sweeper. Let's look at its base stats, shall we?

Attack: 105

Sp.Attack: 79

see the difference? Feraligatr is BUILT for physical attacks, and Swords Dance helps too. I'm not flaming your idea, I'm just giving you something that can work A LOT better.

You can counter Dragonite with a Rock Slide and Tyranitar with a Hydro Pump/Surf or EQ.

OgLoc187
10th February 2006, 9:37 PM
Feraligatr (Adamant Nature)
EVs: 252 Attack, 102 Sp.Attack, Hp, 107 Def, 107 Sp.Def
-Surf
-Dragon Clae
-Ice beam
-EQ

DragonDance
10th February 2006, 11:56 PM
plz dont rate...

-SL;157;;munchlax;;112;

Alfonc
11th February 2006, 12:18 AM
I read your post, Shiny Mewtwo... but Feraligatr really isn't a Sp.Sweeper. Let's look at its base stats, shall we?

Attack: 105

Sp.Attack: 79

see the difference? Feraligatr is BUILT for physical attacks, and Swords Dance helps too. I'm not flaming your idea, I'm just giving you something that can work A LOT better.

You can counter Dragonite with a Rock Slide and Tyranitar with a Hydro Pump/Surf or EQ.

Well,thanks for the help SapphireL.
You can close this thread now as I don't want it to turn into an Argue thread.

SapphireL
11th February 2006, 1:40 AM
Done and Done. I hope you got some good advice from this.

closed.