PDA

View Full Version : Uk Fans - Your Chance To Meet Veronica Taylor!! This Saturday/Sunday!

PiPikachu
9th February 2006, 3:09 AM
This might be a bit short notice but this coming Saturday & Sunday Veronica Taylor will be at the Gmex in Manchester for the 'Collectormania' expo to sign autographs etc.

Tickets are
Saturday;
Adults - Ł5,
Kids Under 12 - Ł3
doors open at 11am

Sunday;
Adults - Ł5,
Kids Under 12 - Ł3
doors open at 11am

Will be going myself so those who don't make it i will post here my feedback of the event.

Cheers

PiP

MidnightScott
9th February 2006, 3:20 AM
Atleast us Americans get Celebi ;) and possibly Mew :P

I would love to meet VA's but getting a rare Pokémon for free is much better.

~Scott;229;

CyberCubed
9th February 2006, 4:00 AM
Aw man, somebody better remember to ask her if the voice actors will continue working on the series in Season 9 or beyond!

And compliment her on her work on both Ash and May in Hoenn. She's the best voice actress 4kids has, and has done a wonderful job with Ash/May.

I wish I could tell her this myself, she rocks.

MidnightScott
9th February 2006, 4:36 AM
You could try to Email her you know. Search for her on Google, she has a website I think.

~Scott;229;

Locke Yggdrasill
9th February 2006, 4:38 AM
Atleast us Americans get Celebi
:o:o:o how? o.o;
Well, I'm not too much of a fan of the anime, but meeting Ash's VA would be pretty cool. :Ţ

MidnightScott
9th February 2006, 5:14 AM
Journey Across America Tour ;) - Pokemon.com has information.

There is also a magazine scan of it in another topic about the English name of the 8th movie.

~Scott;229;

Lupin
9th February 2006, 1:55 PM
Not sure I'll be able to go.

I'm working on Saturday and I've got to do my assignment on Sunday.

kaibachaoschampion
9th February 2006, 2:02 PM
Well, I would go, but I can't :(

Unfortunatly, if I did go I might get into an argument about the One Piece Dub anyway :P and Uncut versions of their shows....so it could be for the best lol

FabuVinny
9th February 2006, 5:35 PM
Aw man, somebody better remember to ask her if the voice actors will continue working on the series in Season 9 or beyond.
She already answered in an e-mail that she doesn't know.

Haruka's Swimsuit
9th February 2006, 10:56 PM
Is there any clause in this appearance that you blokes will be keeping her afterwards?

PiPikachu
11th February 2006, 11:41 PM
*UPDATE*

Having got back from the expo and having talked to Veronica myself for 20 mins (she was really talkative/friendly/really approachable) I bring little tidbits of information.

- Information Learned -

She really enjoys doing May's voice as it's really hyperactive!

She has only just finished dubbing the 8th movie a few weeks ago.
and has informed me from what she's been told, that there will be at least 10 movies alltogether.

It also appears from what she told me that Pokémon USA are possibly going to using different actors that can mimic Veronica and the rest of the cast, thus replacing the ENTIRE cast for the 9th Season as she is unsure of what is happening between 4Kids/Pokémon USA and wether she will be dubbing it or not as she personally feels attached to doing Ash's voice after doing it for so long.

Pokémon 10th Anniversary ANIME News!

I was also informed by her that there will be a specially made episode celebrating 10 years of Pokémon in April that she will be dubbing shortly. (No other details are known on this other than it being a special ep)

Random other information.

This was during a Q&A session with Sean Schemmel (Goku DBZ, Also Robert and Juan from Pokémon!) and Veronica Taylor
these are the questions asked to her. (in no particular order!)

Q. Is this your first time in the UK
A. the Uk no, but it's my first time to Manchester.

Q. Who would you have loved to voice from your childhood
A. Trixie from Speed Racer

Q. How did you get into doing Anime Voiceovers/Into Voicing Ash
A. When i moved to New York i met various people whilst doing theatrical work as I trained to be an actor all my life, And also studied voice acting before being offered the part on Pokémon which also helped me to be offered parts for other Anime show's

Q. What's Your Favourite voice or Phrase that you enjoy saying in the show?
*note this was done in Ash's voice
A. I think my favourite saying has to be "Pikachu Buddy, are you ok?"

Q. Does doing voices like Ash's take a strain on your voice?
A. I find Ash non vocally phonetic. so no i don't find it a strain on my voice.

Q. How long does it take you to dub an episode
A. Do you mean me or an episode as a whole?, *She gave both anyway* I go into the studio between 1 and 6 hours a week and record all the dialouge for the characters I play in 1 session, so i will go and do all of Ash's lines first and then do all of May's, As far as dubbing goes we do about 1 episode a week.

Q. How did you get to be the voice of Ash?
A. I happened to see my acting coach and he recommended I apply for the casting call for it after seeing an open cast call for a new cartoon show, and thats basically how i got the job.

Q. do you like to watch any cartoons/the anime you dub.
A. I Don't mind watching the show as i don't actually know what happens until i see it on tv as i'm not given any advanced plots or anything as i just go in and read out my dialouge.

Q. Have you ever done any voice acting for Video games?
A. I'ts not something i've really done much of, but i have done a bit of voice acting for video games, It's weird actually having to record the lines without seeing the characters but is good when they put all the bits together.

Q. Do you enjoy/admire other voice actors work?
A. I don't really envy any other VA's and actually like those that can sink their selfs into a voice.

during this session Sean Schemmel actually said Veronica is probably the best flap master when it comes to getting the lip sync perfect.

Following the last question that was asked the talk came to an end and she thanked people for coming

But yes in all it was a good day and well worth going just to see her alone (there were other cool people i saw there too!) and came away with 2 signed autographs and a photo of her.

Remember you heard the info above here first! (If anyone use's this elsewhere please credit me for it.)

Thanks

Daz/PiPikachu

Dogasu
11th February 2006, 11:47 PM
It also appears from what she told me that Pokémon USA are possibly going to using different actors that can mimic Veronica and the rest of the cast, thus replacing the ENTIRE cast for the 9th Season as she is unsure of what is happening between 4Kids/Pokémon USA and wether she will be dubbing it or not as she personally feels attached to doing Ash's voice after doing it for so long.

What Veronica Taylor says: "We don't know what's happening with the dub. We don't know if we'll keep our jobs or if we'll all be replaced. Nothing's been confirmed."

What SPP fans hear: "We're not working on Pokemon anymore. The entire cast is being replaced. PUSA hates you."

Gee, damange control is going to be FUN. :rolleyes:

CyberCubed
11th February 2006, 11:56 PM
But she just hinted at the fact that she knows that Pokemon USA is going with different voice actors.

Crap, thanks for killing the dub Pokemon USA.

PPNSteve
12th February 2006, 12:09 AM
*UPDATE*

Having got back from the expo and having talked to Veronica myself for 20 mins (she was really talkative/friendly/really approachable) I bring little tidbits of information.

- Information Learned -

She really enjoys doing May's voice as it's really hyperactive!

She has only just finished dubbing the 8th movie a few weeks ago.
and has informed me from what she's been told, that there will be at least 10 movies alltogether.

Pokémon 10th Anniversary ANIME News!

I was also informed by her that there will be a specially made episode celebrating 10 years of Pokémon in April that she will be dubbing shortly. (No other details are known on this other than it being a special ep)

Random other information.

This was during a Q&A session with Sean Schemmel (Goku DBZ, Also Robert and Juan from Pokémon!) and Veronica Taylor
these are the questions asked to her. (in no particular order!)

Q. Is this your first time in the UK
A. the Uk no, but it's my first time to Manchester.

Q. Who would you have loved to voice from your childhood
A. Trixie from Speed Racer

Q. How did you get into doing Anime Voiceovers/Into Voicing Ash
A. When i moved to New York i met various people whilst doing theatrical work as I trained to be an actor all my life, And also studied voice acting before being offered the part on Pokémon which also helped me to be offered parts for other Anime show's

Q. What's Your Favourite voice or Phrase that you enjoy saying in the show?
*note this was done in Ash's voice
A. I think my favourite saying has to be "Pikachu Buddy, are you ok?"

Q. Does doing voices like Ash's take a strain on your voice?
A. I find Ash non vocally phonetic. so no i don't find it a strain on my voice.

Q. How long does it take you to dub an episode
A. Do you mean me or an episode as a whole?, *She gave both anyway* I go into the studio between 1 and 6 hours a week and record all the dialouge for the characters I play in 1 session, so i will go and do all of Ash's lines first and then do all of May's, As far as dubbing goes we do about 1 episode a week.

Q. How did you get to be the voice of Ash?
A. I happened to see my acting coach and he recommended I apply for the casting call for it after seeing an open cast call for a new cartoon show, and thats basically how i got the job.

Q. do you like to watch any cartoons/the anime you dub.
A. I Don't mind watching the show as i don't actually know what happens until i see it on tv as i'm not given any advanced plots or anything as i just go in and read out my dialouge.

Q. Have you ever done any voice acting for Video games?
A. I'ts not something i've really done much of, but i have done a bit of voice acting for video games, It's weird actually having to record the lines without seeing the characters but is good when they put all the bits together.

Q. Do you enjoy/admire other voice actors work?
A. I don't really envy any other VA's and actually like those that can sink their selfs into a voice.

during this session Sean Schemmel actually said Veronica is probably the best flap master when it comes to getting the lip sync perfect.

Following the last question that was asked the talk came to an end and she thanked people for coming

But yes in all it was a good day and well worth going just to see her alone (there were other cool people i saw there too!) and came away with 2 signed autographs and a photo of her.

Remember you heard the info above here first! (If anyone use's this elsewhere please credit me for it.)

Thanks

Daz/PiPikachu

great post.. I'm glad some one was able to get some of our questions asked and answered :) good job!

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
12th February 2006, 12:57 AM
This is some pretty nice information you got here. I'm glad the eigth movie has been dubbed. We're getting closer and closer! I'm looking forward to this special episode though.

kaibachaoschampion
12th February 2006, 1:23 PM
Interesting, I wonder what they mean by special episode? Will the Japanese get it or will this be like the Yu-Gi-Oh Movie and Capsule monsters and get English dubbed first? Hmm....

Torkoal Stu
12th February 2006, 1:32 PM
Interesting, I wonder what they mean by special episode? Will the Japanese get it or will this be like the Yu-Gi-Oh Movie and Capsule monsters and get English dubbed first? Hmm....
Capsule Monsters was taken off the air already so hope not xP

It would be dubbed or she wouldn't of mentioned it would she? That would be kind of pointless o.o;

Either way yay special :D But if its a clip show dear god kill me.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
12th February 2006, 1:53 PM
so, is 4kids gonna dub pokemon after season 9?

And that means, they know Manyula and Manene's dub names? COULDN'T SOMEONE HAVE BLACKMAILED VERONICA TAYLOR INTO TELLING US?!?!?!

I would love to see who is doing Lucario's voice, his japanese voice will be hard to beat... but if they changed regirock's voice I will kill them all!

Dogasu
12th February 2006, 6:52 PM
She probably has a non-disclosure agreement that prohibits her from revealing the English names at this point in time.

Shoot, I'm surprised she was able to tell us as much as she did.

But she just hinted at the fact that she knows that Pokemon USA is going with different voice actors.

No, she said that she still doesn't know what's happening with the dub. Which is basically what she's been saying since the news about PUSA broke.

Crap, thanks for killing the dub Pokemon USA.

Crap, Cybercubed, thanks for overreacting again.

CyberCubed
12th February 2006, 7:32 PM
But the fact is if 4kids is still doing the dub, wouldn't they have begun work on Season 9 already? All of Advanced Battle is probably finished by now, as well as Movie 8.

So if Veronica doesn't know if she's doing to be doing Season 9, doesn't that indicate that the entire dub may be shifted to Pokemon USA?

Surely they have to begin work on Season 9 soon, especially since its debuting this Fall. If the voice actors still don't know what's happening this late in the game, aren't we pretty much screwed?

V Faction
12th February 2006, 7:37 PM
=So if Veronica doesn't know if she's doing to be doing Season 9, doesn't that indicate that the entire dub may be shifted to Pokemon USA?
No, it means she doesn't know if she's going to be dubbing Season 9! And that's all that you should infer from that.

Kamex
12th February 2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks, PiPikachu for getting all of this. And even though they may not read this, thanks Veronica Taylor and Sean Schemmel for what you provided us.

It also appears from what she told me that Pokémon USA are possibly going to using different actors that can mimic Veronica and the rest of the cast, thus replacing the ENTIRE cast for the 9th Season
Well, either SOMETHING's going on with PUSA and 4Kids, or Veronica Taylor just pulled this out of somebody's ***. >_>

♥Princess Ketchum♥
12th February 2006, 11:08 PM
Awwwww your so lucky to meet her XD I Wish i could but manchester is to far from where i live

PiPikachu
12th February 2006, 11:29 PM
But the fact is if 4kids is still doing the dub, wouldn't they have begun work on Season 9 already? All of Advanced Battle is probably finished by now, as well as Movie 8.

So if Veronica doesn't know if she's doing to be doing Season 9, doesn't that indicate that the entire dub may be shifted to Pokemon USA?

Surely they have to begin work on Season 9 soon, especially since its debuting this Fall. If the voice actors still don't know what's happening this late in the game, aren't we pretty much screwed?

if you read what i posted She mentioned they just finished the 8th Movie a couple of weeks ago and the Pallet town episode last week -_-; so no they wont have begun work on Season 9 yet if they had the rights.

PiP

♥Princess Ketchum♥
12th February 2006, 11:34 PM
did you get her autograph XD And i can wait to see the english 8th moive XD

Dogasu
12th February 2006, 11:56 PM

No, it indicates that she's a voice actor who merely comes in and records her lines without getting involved in the dubbing politics that PUSA and 4Kids are (supposedly) involved in.

PiPikachu
13th February 2006, 3:31 AM
did you get her autograph XD And i can wait to see the english 8th moive XD

yes i got 2 dedicated Autographs on high glossy prints of the original style Ash :D

I might post them on here later ;D

Poké_Master
13th February 2006, 3:51 AM
Atleast us Americans get Celebi ;) and possibly Mew :P

I would love to meet VA's but getting a rare Pokémon for free is much better.

~Scott;229;
I agree! Getting Celebi is way better than meeting Veronica Taylor, although it would be an honor.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
13th February 2006, 11:37 AM
Can't wait to see XD I want one lol

nekusagi
14th February 2006, 10:01 PM
I think she's been told not to comment, anyway.

Come on, if something happened, there would have been a press release by now.

kaibachaoschampion
16th February 2006, 1:32 AM
I agree! Getting Celebi is way better than meeting Veronica Taylor

Indeed it is, since I loathe 4Kids for what they do to Animes, I hope they don't put it and people do mimic their voices somehow... That way they lose money and then eventually maybe thye'd destroy themselves! Yay!

I hope that the UK gets Celebi, i'll certenly be annoyed if we don't...

CyberCubed
16th February 2006, 1:36 AM
Indeed it is, since I loathe 4Kids for what they do to Animes, I hope they don't put it and people do mimic their voices somehow... That way they lose money and then eventually maybe thye'd destroy themselves! Yay!

What does hating 4kids have to do with meeting the very talented and charming Veronica Taylor? Don't take your hate out on one of the best voice actors in the business just because of the company.

Kamex
16th February 2006, 1:48 AM
Yeah, the Voice Actors don't make the many decisions 4Kids makes that fans often frown upon. If you don't particularly like Ash or May's dub voice, on the other hand, then things would be different.

Dogasu
16th February 2006, 6:36 AM
Even then, nine times out of ten a crappy voice is the fault of the voice director, not the voice actor.

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
16th February 2006, 7:27 AM
Can't go, its too far. Damn it. But how come they only give the AMERICANS Celebi? Isn't that some degree of racism? Never mind. Anyways, who does she play? If I may ask?
Edit: Oh right, too late anyways.

kaibachaoschampion
16th February 2006, 12:32 PM
Alright, I suppose Sorry about that :)

ChaosMage
20th February 2006, 7:48 PM
I would have loved to meet her, but I can't get to Manchester very easily.

I think it's finally clear why episodes on Toonami stop and start so much. The seasons start showing before all the episodes have been dubbed. As soon as a new batch of about twenty episodes they show them all in one go. It's actually pretty cool that Toonami just shows everything it has straight away, not holding back like KidsWB.

Haruka's Swimsuit
20th February 2006, 11:27 PM
Can't go, its too far. Damn it. But how come they only give the AMERICANS Celebi? Isn't that some degree of racism? Never mind.

That's taking it a tad far. And it's not like ALL of us have access to Serebii- those stupid "Wonderspots" or whatever they are don't exactly drop out of the sky five feet from every PKMN player here.

Geki
21st February 2006, 3:05 AM
If someone meets her, ask her if she plans of still being Ash for the dub!!

Kamex
21st February 2006, 10:31 PM
If someone meets her, ask her if she plans of still being Ash for the dub!!
But she just said in this past interview that she'd love to continue being Ash's dub voice, if the guys in charge let her.