PDA

View Full Version : Cutting the Ties that Bind! (440)

Serebii
9th February 2006, 2:28 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/440.jpgSceptile! Dawn of Revival!

Ash & co have arrived on the island of the Battle Palace which happens to be a massive Jungle. Ash, eager to make his upcoming battle with the Brain as good as it can be, decides to put extra emphasis on helping his recently evolved Sceptile to be able to use it's attacks. However in the process, Ash & Sceptile get seperated from the group and meet with the Frontier Brain, Spenser. Will Ash & Spenser get Sceptile to be able to use attacks again?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/440.shtml)

Discuss

Nintendo Theatre
9th February 2006, 2:42 PM
I'm so excited about this ep. So Serebii, what attacks did he learn?

Gaiash
9th February 2006, 4:48 PM
I'm so excited about this ep. So Serebii, what attacks did he learn?
If any the ones he lost. You know; Pound, Bullet Seed, Quick Attack, Leaf Blade, Slam. He wasn't trying to learn a new attack, just his old ones.

JazzJazz
9th February 2006, 5:35 PM
If any the ones he lost. You know; Pound, Bullet Seed, Quick Attack, Leaf Blade, Slam. He wasn't trying to learn a new attack, just his old ones.

I doubt we'll see sceptile utilising all of the attacks it had as a grovyle... some, maybe, but I see something new coming into the repertoire.

Gaiash
9th February 2006, 5:58 PM
I doubt we'll see sceptile utilising all of the attacks it had as a grovyle... some, maybe, but I see something new coming into the repertoire.
yeah he'll learn something new but not yet.

crawdauntpro
9th February 2006, 7:28 PM
In the speculation thread it has been 95% confirmed that Sceptile learns Bounce in this episode, not sure if its true but stranger things have happened.

MaskedManAbsolkid
9th February 2006, 7:33 PM
In the speculation thread, all that was said was that it can jump really high >>

ZoraJolteon
9th February 2006, 7:33 PM
The fudge?

Also, very bad news. Apparantly Eevee learns attacks in the same way as Squirtle. Infact, its despair upon seeing this is what drove Sceptile to run away.

CyberCubed
9th February 2006, 7:34 PM
LMAO, so Sceptile goes into a pissy fit because Eevee learns Shadow Ball in front of him?

Bwhahahahaha. That's brilliant!

crawdauntpro
9th February 2006, 7:37 PM
In the speculation thread, all that was said was that it can jump really high >>

Yeah and one guy said it was probably Bounce, but like I said it was only 95% confirmed, but your probably right, LOL.

Addydo
9th February 2006, 7:41 PM
Oh dear God! I HOPE Sceptile didn't learn Bounce. O_o

crawdauntpro
9th February 2006, 7:43 PM
Oh dear God! I HOPE Sceptile didn't learn Bounce. O_o

why is that?

Leon
9th February 2006, 7:45 PM
sceptile cant even learn bounce!

Serebii
9th February 2006, 7:47 PM
He didnt learn Bounce...get that out of your heads. All it can do is jump high, which based on it's species is not that uncommon, at least via the animal its based on

crawdauntpro
9th February 2006, 7:48 PM
sceptile cant even learn bounce!

Charizard cannot learn Dragonbreath but that didnt stop the writers, but then again you could be right.

Addydo
9th February 2006, 7:50 PM
He didnt learn Bounce...get that out of your heads. All it can do is jump high, which based on it's species is not that uncommon, at least via the animal its based on

So Serebii, did he regain all his attacks or what!? :) ;munchlax;

crawdauntpro
9th February 2006, 7:50 PM

So what did it learn then or will I just have to find out when the pics are up?
Just joking, I'll wait.

ChaosMage
9th February 2006, 7:51 PM
Charizard cannot learn Dragonbreath but that didnt stop the writers, but then again you could be right.

It could in the GSC days. The information the writers use can easily have input from the GSC attack possibilities.

ZoraJolteon
9th February 2006, 7:52 PM
Firstly, Charizard can learn Dragonbreath, secondly Sceptile did regain its old attacks.

crawdauntpro
9th February 2006, 7:52 PM
It could in the GSC days. The information the writers use can easily have input from the GSC attack possibilities.

Oh yeah, just remembered, sorry about that, I havent played the games for years.

crawdauntpro
9th February 2006, 7:53 PM
Firstly, Charizard can learn Dragonbreath, secondly Sceptile did regain its old attacks.

Any new ones?

Serebii
9th February 2006, 7:53 PM
NO, Sceptile just regained its old attacks...we already said that and that he didnt learn any new ones

crawdauntpro
9th February 2006, 7:54 PM
NO, Sceptile just regained its old attacks...we already said that and that he didnt learn any new ones

Some revival then. This sucks major lemons.

ZoraJolteon
9th February 2006, 8:07 PM
0_o; Go look up revival in a dictionary.

Leon
9th February 2006, 8:10 PM
oh well, was hoping for dragon claw, but still, it might learn new moves at a later date.

crawdauntpro
9th February 2006, 8:11 PM
0_o; Go look up revival in a dictionary.

Chill dude, kidding, not bothered really as long as it kicks major Arsenal in the next facility.

The Benmeister
9th February 2006, 8:24 PM
Chill dude, kidding, not bothered really as long as it kicks major Arsenal in the next facility.

As an Arsenal fan that oddly placed quirk makes me angry...

I didn't really want a new move for Sceptile (although it would have been nice), as long as it gains all its old moves back, and is able to battle then that is great. I was worried that maybe it would have been Oakked or released due to the fact it would never learn attacks again but that doesn't seem to be the case. Go Sceptile!

crawdauntpro
9th February 2006, 8:34 PM
As an Arsenal fan that oddly placed quirk makes me angry...

I didn't really want a new move for Sceptile (although it would have been nice), as long as it gains all its old moves back, and is able to battle then that is great. I was worried that maybe it would have been Oakked or released due to the fact it would never learn attacks again but that doesn't seem to be the case. Go Sceptile!

How the hell can that make you angry?
Thats like you sayin to me "have you heard about this new castle they're building?"

ChaosMage
9th February 2006, 8:46 PM
Sceptile Oaked? Are you serious?

Gaiash
9th February 2006, 9:03 PM
its better than being released.

The Benmeister
9th February 2006, 9:11 PM
How the hell can that make you angry?
Thats like you sayin to me "have you heard about this new castle they're building?"

I'm merely a little bit put off at the fact they're getting so much heat on them lately...

Anyway, detering from football (or soccer, if you will)...I'm guessing no one actually knows how Sceptile got his attacks back, right? Because I for one am not going to enjoy randomly seeing Sceptile use them all again without a decent reason as to how he managed to get them back.

Gaiash
9th February 2006, 9:21 PM
I'm guessing no one actually knows how Sceptile got his attacks back, right? Because I for one am not going to enjoy randomly seeing Sceptile use them all again without a decent reason as to how he managed to get them back.
Probably in a similar way to the Charizard in the Pokemon Chronicles episode judging by the trailer scene with the Beedrill. My guess is he gets his attacks back in order to protect Ash from the Beedrill.

crawdauntpro
9th February 2006, 9:31 PM
I'm merely a little bit put off at the fact they're getting so much heat on them lately...

Anyway, detering from football (or soccer, if you will)...I'm guessing no one actually knows how Sceptile got his attacks back, right? Because I for one am not going to enjoy randomly seeing Sceptile use them all again without a decent reason as to how he managed to get them back.

I'm meant no offense mate, it was just a pun, apologies about that but just so you know I'm not bothered if people take the mickey out of the Toon because it is all part of football. anyways, Sceptile will kick butt in the next facility. ;254; :)

Aldrius
9th February 2006, 9:45 PM
The Shadow Ball Eevee thing KINDA makes sense, though... I mean it hatched from an egg, it could have been a hereditary move.

Yeah, sounds cool. Can't wait for the preview pictures. ^_^

ŁańkaŃ
9th February 2006, 10:08 PM
The Shadow Ball Eevee thing KINDA makes sense, though... I mean it hatched from an egg, it could have been a hereditary move.

Yeah, sounds cool. Can't wait for the preview pictures. ^_^

tru i agree, it was awesome seeing that move in the preview

if Sceptile did run away from that...it's funny :D

The Big Al
9th February 2006, 11:40 PM
Sceptile is back and just as good as ever. I was hoping for Dragon Claw but everything in good time. Still, it's good to know Sceptile with slice and dice in style once again.

GreenKirby
10th February 2006, 1:09 AM
At least this Sceptile can use attacks.

So did Sceptile defeat Cacnea and Seviper this time?

ŁańkaŃ
10th February 2006, 1:38 AM
At least this Sceptile can use attacks.

So did Sceptile defeat Cacnea and Seviper this time?

Yes that is the big question that many should have...it needs to get it's revenge

but knowing the writer's they probably forget that even had happen..lol

nice sig, looks like they update the OPENING...from what ya SIG has to say..lol

anyway...sound like a good ep, wonder if Spenser showed his other pokemon during this ep

Poké_Master
10th February 2006, 4:06 AM
Good! It's been a while since they changed it!

Pokeballs
10th February 2006, 9:21 AM
they changed it in last weeks episode

Blaziken master
10th February 2006, 5:20 PM
Seen the pics, evee randomly learns shadow ball while everyone is training.Sceptile runs offf deppressed because it can't attack.Ash runs after it and fall trap of a beedrill swarm.Scepty gets beaten up and they eventually fall off a cliff into the water.Ash and sceptile get to shore, while pikachu drifts to shore where Spenser and his venusaur are.Meanwhile May,Brock and Max meet Scott{again}and he takes them to where Spenser is. Ash and the lizard get attacked by more beedrill.Venuaur uses sweet scent to lure them away.After reuniting with the group, Team Rocket appear and capture pikachu and scepty.Ash tries to free them, but gets attacked by dustox{yay!!}.Sceptile manages to pull off a leaf blade and gets himself free.Spenser sends out his chansey to revive sceptile and he gets his sweet revenge.Afterwards Ash looks forward to his battle against Spenser.

Jacque-de-Lemono
10th February 2006, 5:28 PM
I'm glad someone's starter actually fully-evolved. If you think about it, it went in order ..

Indigo League - Bulbasaur
Orange League - Bulbasaur
Johto League - Bayleef
Hoenn League-Battle Frontier - Sceptile

So, if you look at some of these stupid small things, you'll see that you can predict that Sceptile has arrived.

May I ask where you saw episode pictures?

.Bambi.
10th February 2006, 5:31 PM
Well, judging from episode pictures, this epi doesn't look all that thrilling. I'll pretty much sum it up for you: Group was training [Eevee learns Shadow Ball immediately], Sceptile runs off, >insert angst here<, Beedrill attacks ensue, Pikachu get sick and Spenser heals him with his magic 'shroom concoction, and after having Pikachu shock the Beedrill away for him too many times, Sceppy gets his Groovyle back and takes out Dustox and Cacnea.

Yeah, it was pretty much centered around angsty Sceptile and Beedrill swarms...oh and Spenser near the end. Whoo. I mean, honestly, how good could an episode that relies on Beedrill swarms be?

Some additional things are:

- Scott appears in this episode and helps the group look for Ash.

- Spenser has a Chansey...why do I all of a sudden have the urge to see a Chansey battle? Uhhh, Nurse Joy as a Rival for May in the Grand Festival...NOW!

- Sceptile only used his Leaf Blade and Bullet Seed attacks this episode, so my guess is if the writers are going to give him a new attack, it'll probably be physical.

Jacque-de-Lemono
10th February 2006, 5:36 PM
I so agree with you on that. It does look kind of borin', doesn't it?

A 'physical' attack for Ash's Sceptile? I was thinking more along the lines of Thunderpunch or Dragon Claw. I'm not seeing Sceptile learn something like Brick Break or anything ..

.Bambi.
10th February 2006, 6:03 PM
I so agree with you on that. It does look kind of borin', doesn't it?

A 'physical' attack for Ash's Sceptile? I was thinking more along the lines of Thunderpunch or Dragon Claw. I'm not seeing Sceptile learn something like Brick Break or anything ..
Well, if Sceppy relinquishes total use of the likes of Pound and Quick Attack, he'll need another basic, lunging, Normal move.

Slam/Body Slam anyone? I sooooo want to see Sceptile 'do tha Treecko' and use Slam/Pound with his big-*** assplant.

Jacque-de-Lemono
10th February 2006, 6:20 PM
Yah, that's true. His tail is absolutely humongous.

It could sure do some damage .. :|

V Faction
10th February 2006, 6:22 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4733/3124ap.jpg

Look at that Leaf Blade! It's almost like a Leaf Whip! Do I sense a little Simon Belmont in Sceptile!

After viewing the pictures, I'd have to say that earlier reports about Sceptile running of because of Eevee's Shadow Ball were incorrect. All it was looks to be the likes of more "I can't attack" angst. But I'm glad Ash's other Pogymans were there to help comfort it, even if they failed.

Seeing all these damn Beedrill finally paid off. Kakuna!! How cool. No Weedle though.

Chansey... using Heal Bell, right? Whoa whoa--back up. Chansey? Not in the hands of Nurse Joy? In a jungle? Clearly Spenser is the Safari Zone warden.

nameless
10th February 2006, 6:31 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4733/3124ap.jpg

Look at that Leaf Blade! It's almost like a Leaf Whip! Do I sense a little Simon Belmont in Sceptile!.

That's not a leaf whip that's a freakin double scimitar.

V Faction
10th February 2006, 6:36 PM
Why must you be prejudice against us whip-cultured folk?

CyberCubed
10th February 2006, 6:51 PM
Tone down the sexual tension V, you seem to be on edge lately.

Brinstar
10th February 2006, 7:03 PM
I think my sig speaks for itself.

I did like the scenes with Ash and Sceptile chilling at night though.

V Faction
10th February 2006, 7:07 PM
Tone down the sexual tension V, you seem to be on edge lately.
Can't help it. Some things on these forums just give me a humungous chip on my shoulder.

ghost master
10th February 2006, 8:05 PM
i thought this episode was good. I think the early comments that Eevee pulled a Squirtle aren't entirely true. May was training with Eevee at least when it learned Shadow Ball. I enjoyed many of the Ash/sceptile scenes. There were a few good things here and there.

Torkoal Stu
10th February 2006, 8:17 PM
Glalie was Oaked just after it's prime, so maybe after the Bf Sceptile coulf be Oaked or sent to training.

Clearly Spenser is the Safari Zone warden.
Had to quote that XP

Well my comments and such are:

- WOMG Dustox yey ^^

- Argh this episode is so deja vu with the Beedrill >_>

- Chansey and Kacuna, for once (well lately anyway) I have to compliment them on their choice of Pokemon.

- Sceptile's leaf blade looks so much better, all we need to see is it doing a spin like Grovlye did once then it would be perfect.

- Spenser is more or less perfect, I just hope they give him a good dub voice.

- Eevee and Shadow Ball was kinda obvious, but Sceptile getting jealous was one of the best things the writters have ever done.

Pokeballs
10th February 2006, 8:24 PM
Well, if Sceppy relinquishes total use of the likes of Pound and Quick Attack, he'll need another basic, lunging, Normal move.

Slam/Body Slam anyone? I sooooo want to see Sceptile 'do tha Treecko' and use Slam/Pound with his big-*** assplant.

It looked like Sceptile did a quick attack to grab ash when he was falling, but i'm only judging by the pics

I too look foward to a giant thorny tail Pound XD

Jacque-de-Lemono
10th February 2006, 8:32 PM
It looked like Sceptile did a quick attack to grab ash when he was falling, but i'm only judging by the pics

No, I think it was just Sceptile's amazing speed kickin' in. But, you could always be right.

Maybe .. Agility?

Kabuto
10th February 2006, 8:36 PM
Eevee is pulling a Squirtle and getting more on my nerves. Anyway, Sceptile will learn all his old moves and 1 new attack. As I said many times, I hope for thunderpunch or dragon claw but it'll probably be solar beam. Chansey?! Why not Blissey if anything. Well at least its battling instead of healing a wounded Oddish.

.Bambi.
10th February 2006, 8:42 PM
Chansey?! Why not Blissey if anything. Well at least its healing a wounded Sceptile instead of battling.
Fixed it for you.

Hmmm...yeah, I noticed that too. But it's kinda hard to tell.
Either way, Slam taking over Pound is always welcome [not that Pound has been all that popular lately as it is].

Jacque-de-Lemono
10th February 2006, 8:44 PM
I'm hoping for Thunderpunch. But I highly doubt it, because Pikachu takes the electric spotlight.

Dragon Claw might be nice, but I don't think they will. You never know.

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th February 2006, 8:45 PM
Okay, first off did anyone notcied that box TR was in is the same thing they used way back in the Samurai Episode!

Yay! Scott in a non facility episode. His Ash senses seemed to come in handy.XD

Sceptile looks beast, and sweet! Can't wait to see him fight.

ghost master
10th February 2006, 8:47 PM
Eevee is pulling a Squirtle and getting more on my nerves. uh no. May never trained Squirtle at all. It had one battle prior and won in a contest. May was training Eevee when it learned it. There are such things as egg moves and Eevee hasnt been in a contest yet so we dont know what the outcome is.

Jacque-de-Lemono
10th February 2006, 8:47 PM
Hmm, i don't know. It could be ..

Pikachu
10th February 2006, 9:00 PM
This episode is terrible. First, they had to make ash and Sceptile get attacked by Beedrill. Then after that it got really boring after they got out of the water. And I actually like Sceptile.

Having an episode where Sceptile re-remembers its moves is an interesting episode, but this isn't a good way it should be done. Like Sonuc from AoSth says: "That's no good".

V Faction
10th February 2006, 9:28 PM
Having an episode where Sceptile re-remembers its moves is an interesting episode, but this isn't a good way it should be done. Like Sonuc from AoSth says: "That's no good".
Those were touching moments. And you have the gall to say they were boring? Not enough Pikachu, huh Pikachu?

Eevee is pulling a Squirtle and getting more on my nerves.
I'm telling you and most of the fanbase at this very moment to get over it. It's the nature of May's Pokemon. They simply don't garner the same attention to detail as Ash's Pokemon do when it comes to new attacks (like training and perfecting said attacks). If it's going to happen enough times, then I say "Hey. Let it go." By this time, we should be glad we get anything at all.

Wind Waker
10th February 2006, 10:50 PM
Te-he! I like May's eevee because it ****** sceppy off, and that could build Sceptile's character a little.

and eevee with shadow ball is good, because it evolves it makes umbreon a near certainty (I hope).

I'm not as upset with the beedrill because they would be good battlers, they have the advantage and I can't think of any other bug types who could cause as much trouble, unless it was ninkask.

So the episode was alright in my book.

Pokemon Fan
10th February 2006, 11:04 PM
I'm telling you and most of the fanbase at the very moment to get over it.
Indeed, May mentioned training it a good while ago, can't you people just accept that Shadow Ball was the end result of potentially several weeks of training? Some people are acting like just because we don't see a Pokemon struggle to learn a new move over an episode or several its "pulling a Squirtle" (which even in Squirtle's case does not apply).

I mean nobody gets upset when a Pokemon learns AND masters a move in mere moments (i.e Noctowl and Confusion) during a battle, but we're up in arms over the fact that Eevee learned just about the only neat move it can get while training? Would you prefer that we got stuck with a bunch of episodes of its biting and tackling things?

Age, strength and the moves a pokemon learns are not really linked to each other in the anime. The trainer is the most important factor. Therefore if Eevee performs well in its first contest it will be because May trained it well, not because it "pulled a Squirtle."

<><><>

*coughs* Ahem... Now that that's over with:

From the pictures I can see this episode may not be all that "exciting." But it more than makes up for it in character growth, emotion, bonding and such. I mean how often do we get to see Ash spend any length of time alone with one of his Pokemon aside from Pikachu? We should be thankful, not calling the episode awful because it wasn't full of battles.

We got to see quite a different side of Sceptile, as he learned to accept and appreciate Ash's protection and help, something it has always had a tough time doing. You could tell that Sceptile was increasingly impressed with Ash's bravery and determination, especially when he took on the Beedrill swarm with nothing but a stick, and when Ash continued to support Sceptile even when his knee was injured.

Sceptile lost his moves because of forsaken love, here he finds Ash loves him more than he ever knew. This gave him the inspiration needed to get his powers back, when no amount of practice and time seemed to work, he got his powers back the same way he lost them, through love. *gets choked up a bit, sappy music begins to play*

And I really don't get the Beedrill hatred. They aren't used all that often and it makes perfect sense. You anger a sworm of giant wasps, you either defend yourself or run, and most often running is the best bet. Besides they were Bug/Poison, a good choice to injure Sceptile so badly.

Lastly, that stream of light behind it confirms it for me, Sceptile used Quick Attack to get down to Ash before he could hit the ground. The scene with Sceptile holding his master who had been holding him up all this episode was so very sweet.

S.Suikun
10th February 2006, 11:49 PM
I don't know why I'm still annoyed at Scottie showing up at each facility like Ash's stalker. I should be used to it by now. But I'm not. I'm still far too disturbed.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned a highlight of this episode - Manene mimicking Wobby durring the motto.

The Beedrill chases are simply a cliche. We need something new, like Ninjask.

The Big Al
11th February 2006, 12:27 AM
Beware the screaming cicadaes of death.

Leaf Blade rocks. It's double the pain.

Jikkle
11th February 2006, 12:40 AM
I don't know why I'm still annoyed at Scottie showing up at each facility like Ash's stalker. I should be used to it by now. But I'm not. I'm still far too disturbed.

Scott was someone that would always pop up in Emerald as you went along in the game so I think the writers are pretty much doing the same thing here.

I don't know if someone has said it already but Sceptile does not run off because of Eevee doing shadow ball. Ash has all his pokemon out and bascially does a roll call with them each one doing one of their moves and when it comes Sceptile doing bullet seed he can't do it (as if Ash should be suprised that he can't) Than the scene skips to late afternoon with Sceptile still trying to do bullet seed and finally getting fed up with not doing it and running off to beat it's head on a tree (maybe nurse joy can prescribe some pokemon prozak). It's not a really exciting episode but just a nice one where Ash inspires his pokemon with his love and devotion to them. Think Charizard Chills with a Sceptile instead.

Flamez
11th February 2006, 1:26 AM
Seen the episode and really liked it. It was nice to see ash spend time with sceptile. At the end where sceptile used leaf blade to break itself and pikachu free and uses quick attack to catch ash in the air and then using bullet seed to slow down its landing was really nice. Overall IMO very nice episode and it was great to see how they really added growth to sceptile's evolution, something we dont see often.
O and for people who speak japanese what the hell was spenser talking about with brock and the rest of the group at night. Long speech.

Poké_Master
11th February 2006, 1:44 AM
I think it'll be a great episode when it's dubbed by Pokémon USA, Inc.

Magus
11th February 2006, 2:27 AM
I think the early comments that Eevee pulled a Squirtle aren't entirely true. May was training with Eevee at least when it learned Shadow Ball.
Yeah, at least it didn't spontaneously learn Shadow Ball in the middle of a Contest battle. The fact that May was actually training her Eevee at all makes it not really "pulling a Squirtle", for that matter.

Opal Pikachu13
11th February 2006, 2:35 AM
This episode was great! Seeing Ash bonding with Sceptile, then they try to fend off Beedrill, then Spenser helps Pikachu out when he got hurt real bad... but the best part is when Sceptile got his moves back making him and Pikachu able to escape Team Rocket with the help of his Leaf Blade. Very great Pokemon episode!

Geodude
11th February 2006, 3:19 AM
I thought it was neat that after Sceptile saved Ash, the first thing it did was pick out a new twig. Kinda symbolic eh? It did the same thing back when it first evolved into Grovyle.

pikachu146
11th February 2006, 3:29 AM
I saw the episode pictures.It was great that Sceptile regained bullet seed and leaf blade.It still has that put a twig to the mouth habit.I wonder if it learned any new attacks?

Geodude
11th February 2006, 4:04 AM
No, as has been said several times already.

Almighty Zard
11th February 2006, 4:07 AM
I wonder if it learned any new attacks?

as many others have stated already, NO IT DID NOT!!!!!!!, thank you.

edit: crud geodude beat me to it.

Puffs
11th February 2006, 4:42 AM
the return of TR's cardboard Beedrill sheild! I love it! Haven't seen that since episode 4, have we?

The episode? It looks great. Sceptile's Leaf Blade is awesome and Spencer seems like a really interesting character. (I still wonder what his connection to Groudon and Kyogre is...)

~Flareon~
11th February 2006, 4:51 AM
Yeah, Sceptile had regain its old moves back. Its Leaf Blade is awesome and defeats Jessie's Dustox and James's Cacnea. May's Eevee learns a new attack, Shadow Ball much like her Squirtle learns 2 new moves, Ice Beam and Hydro Pump. Ash meets the Battle Palace Leader: Spenser.
I think Ash will use his Heracross, his Swellow and his Sceptile against Spenser's Venusaur, Shiftry and Claydol in the next episode.

JazzJazz
11th February 2006, 5:09 AM
the return of TR's cardboard Beedrill sheild! I love it! Haven't seen that since episode 4, have we?

I'm a fan of it also, they should market the sucker... I'm thinking that we've seen it since episode 4, though I can't place when exactly.

nameless
11th February 2006, 7:52 AM
Yeah, Sceptile had regain its old moves back. Its Leaf Blade is awesome and defeats Jessie's Dustox and James's Cacnea. May's Eevee learns a new attack, Shadow Ball much like her Squirtle learns 2 new moves, Ice Beam and Hydro Pump. Ash meets the Battle Palace Leader: Spenser.
I think Ash will use his Heracross, his Swellow and his Sceptile against Spenser's Venusaur, Shiftry and Claydol in the next episode.

Uh yeah the preview showed that already.

But it was interesting to see Sceptile trying hard to regain it's moves.

ChaosMage
11th February 2006, 9:58 AM
Sceppy is against Claydol, so I doubt it will use Thunderpunch. Brick break is the best bet, since Claydol' famous for using Reflect/Light Screen.

Anyway, onto this episode! Sceptile, Shadow Ball, Scott and Spenser? The 4 S's which lead to success!

Yamato-san
11th February 2006, 10:03 AM
I really like this episode. Anything heavy on interactions between the characters and their main Pokemon is always great, especially if it's such a kickass Pokemon like Jukain. This episode reminds us that Satoshi can take a lot of punishment and still keep going.... injured knee, a barrage of poison pins, now when was the last time we saw such (non-comic relief) brutality towards a human on this show? And Jukain not only gets his techniques back, he uses them quite nicely (another compliment to the double Leaf Blade, but also Quick Attack to descend quicker than Satoshi in order to catch him, and immediately using Bullet Seed to soften the landing, sweet). I enjoyed those peaceful moments where the other characters were talking with Ukon, as well.

As I've said in the preview thread, I have absolutely no beef with Eievui learning Shadow Ball as I did with Zenigame learning Ice Beam. For one, I like Eievui better, since it's actually cute, gives hope for a nice evolution (let's face it, those writers just like those non-fire Kantou starters in their basic forms too much for whatever reason), and not such a bad choice of Pokemon to give a main character (before anyone comments, let me add "compared to Zenigame. Somewhat recent XD ad>outdated Fire/Leaf ad"). Hell, if it suddenly beat Harley in its state, there wouldn't be near as much tension building as I've had with the turtle to break the camel's back (I'd still be pissed, of course). Shadow Ball actually makes sense, as it could be inherent given its origins, and over the past few episodes, Haruka has mentioned working on techniques with Eievui. For those who only saw the pictures, it's worth noting that Eievui doesn't suddenly learn Shadow Ball while training here. Actually, Haruka commands Shadow Ball, like it already knew it, even more of an indication that it's been getting some training off-screen. It also helps that it doesn't go from being coddled to instantly kicking *** within the same damn episode.

Yay! Cocoon appears.... not actually doing something like Tsukushi's Trancel, but it appears, and for more than 5 seconds ^^.... and holy crap, a Lucky that isn't owned by Joy, and actually using a technique. Sure didn't see any of that coming from an episode mostly involving Spear swarms. Speaking of the unexpected, I too gotta laugh at the return of Rocket Dan's cardboard box. XD

I thought it was neat that after Sceptile saved Ash, the first thing it did was pick out a new twig. Kinda symbolic eh? It did the same thing back when it first evolved into Grovyle.

I think that would've worked so much better if he was without a twig between his heartbreak with Meganium and now.

Geodude
11th February 2006, 7:23 PM
Nah, the new twig this time did mean a new chapter for Sceptile, because it regained its moves and its confidence.

Yeah the Ash/Sceptile bonding was great, and I loved seeing how protective Sceptile was of Ash, regardless of its inability to attack and its injured condition.

GreenKirby
11th February 2006, 10:32 PM
3 Words to say:

;254;BEST. EPISODE. EVER! ;254;

This episode was very truly remarkable. So much character development, truly an episode to watch. I loved it when Sceptile got revenge on Team Rocket pokemon. And the fact that Sceptile got LOADS of screentime and so did Ash. A well done episode on my favorite pokemon.

Thriller
12th February 2006, 12:19 AM
El oh El, at first I posted this in another thread.

Nice Episode.

I HATE Bonsly! All it does is sit on Brocks arm drinking milk. I hope it shows its real potential in either the ep after next weeks or in the contest its supposed to be in.

I felt so sorry for Sceptile. I felt so upset as it was banging its head on a tree. I also felt a tear as it was protecting Ash from the Beedrill before falling off the cliff.

I wasn't Suprised that Scott would show up at this battle facility like a fat a** stalker he is but he was a week early.

Someone mentioned how Spencer could be Safari Warden, lets compare the two:

Spencer Warden
Bald Bald
Slit Eyes Slit Eyes
Safari Pokemon Lives in Safari

Interesting, maybe Spencer is related to the gun toting Warden.

Sceptile is so awesome... It focused very hard and regained its moves to save its beloved trainer. I always enjoy it when Ash's Non Baby Pokemon show real love and trust to him.

Why does TR try to kill Ash? All those Poison Stings could really do a number on ya. Say, why not a Pin Missle/Poison Sting combo? Oh wait, Pin Missle has a new look (hasn't seen the dub much lately).

Nice to see a non Nurse Joy person with a Chansey, too bad it won't be used next ep.

ghost master
12th February 2006, 12:28 AM
I HATE Bonsly! All it does is sit on Brocks arm drinking milk. I hope it shows its real potential in either the ep after next weeks or in the contest its supposed to be in. It does more than any other of Brock's pokemon. Also I think it's fine it has attracted Brock ladies and alo Brock is a breeder so it shows he is actually nurturing his pokemn not neglecting them. Also we'll be seeing it the focus in an upcoming filler and it will be battling in an upcoming contest.

Nah, the new twig this time did mean a new chapter for Sceptile, because it regained its moves and its confidence. thats what I thought as well.

Magus
12th February 2006, 1:22 AM
Also, Bonsly lets Brock actually have a Rock-type Pokémon. Seeing has he used to specialize in Rock-types and according to his Hoso they're still his favorites, it didn't make sense for Brock to not have any.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
12th February 2006, 4:22 PM
The episode was pretty good. I should haveknown Scott would appear since Spenser was in the preview. I wonder what happened to Swellow, Donphan, and Corphish. The poor guys didn't get recalled into their balls.

Manene was pretty funny and I really liked how Sceptile regained his attacks. Overall a good episode for me. I really like those funny things that happen during the intermissions.

Gravy
12th February 2006, 7:14 PM
Woah, when's the last time they played 'Boku no Best Friend' during an episode? One that DOESN'T focus on Ash and Pikachu's friendship no less. It was definatly a nice change to hear the song coasting along whilst Ash was paired with another pokémon.

I like episodes where we see characters who are usually solitary show their loyalty and compassion towards those they hold dear. Its really quite heartwarming to watch as a matter of fact. Of course, we've had instances like this before, but it felt a lot more meaningful this time around. Sceptile knew full well that he was unable to defend himself against the oncoming threat, yet he still threw himself into harm's way, just to protect Ash. Its actually a very corny way of developing a relationship between them, but it works well nonetheless.
And of course, developing the character of a Pokémon is always a plus. Sceptile's quite an emotional guy, and its quite interesting to see a pokémon taking their hardships so harshly for a change. I'm glad that the writers seen the error of their ways and have stopped neglecting his personallity. Its a releif to see him getting so frustrated over his temporary disabillity and his determination to regain his attacks.

It was a great episode, despite some tiresome clichés. Dustox appearing and Manene's first proper Wobbuffet imitation clinched it.

Also...whats up with people claiming that Team Rocket used their cardboard box tank? It looked nothing like the one used WAY back in episode 4, and it certainly didn't sound like it was made of cardboard as the Beedrill were attempting to pierce it :/

Geodude
13th February 2006, 12:36 AM
OK I've gotta know...did TR make any reference to that cardboard box while they were hiding? Cause that would've been awesome. They could've said something about how "this time we're protected for sure cause we have the Super Deluxe version" or whatever.

And I'm surprised nobody mentioned Scott's Repel. That's the first time we've seen one in the anime.

Poké_Master
13th February 2006, 1:38 AM
Scott had a Repel? Must've missed that in the pictures. *goes back and rifles through pics*

Geodude
13th February 2006, 1:44 AM
Yeah, when they went into the woods looking for Ash he showed it to them.

Poké_Master
13th February 2006, 2:38 AM
Found it!

http://www.pokenightmare.com/epguide/battlefrontier/440/126.jpg

V Faction
13th February 2006, 2:44 AM
It's probably just a Can of Squeeze-Cheese. Scottie loves his cheddar.

Poké_Master
13th February 2006, 2:57 AM
It might be. The pictures never show the label plus it would be written in Japanese so that it would appear to be a Repel to us Americans...

Geodude
13th February 2006, 3:25 AM
I don't know the Japanese name for Repel, but that's what it probably is, so that's what I called it.

I have finished the synopsis for this episode...yes, my first one in forever, I know...and am about to send it to Serebii. You guys should see it up tomorrow.

Jacque-de-Lemono
13th February 2006, 3:27 AM
Good, I hate it when it takes a long time to actualy read about it, eh?

Poké_Master
13th February 2006, 3:28 AM
Hooray! I'll read it as soon as its up!

Geodude
14th February 2006, 1:57 AM
Well, it's up.

Poké_Master
14th February 2006, 2:07 AM
Read most of it and liked what I read!

Ashfan2006
15th February 2006, 12:55 AM
Okay when Australia gets this I will add to my favourite Pokemon episode :), I always love when Ash gets to bond with his pokemon, and Sceptile is my favourite Hoenn pokemon! He's not remotely ugly!

Thanks for the summary Geodude! :)

Chris
17th February 2006, 10:28 AM
From my understandings, the spray Enishida had was a kind of can of bug spray that drives away Bug-type Pokémon and would help to keep the Spear away.

Okay, after not having watched several episodes and skipping from time to time, this was a nice episode for me to catch. It's understandable why Jukain ran off. It didn't want to stop and wanted to continue trying to use Bullet Seed, even though it couldn't. Jukain's pride was pretty trashed there when it couldn't use it and felt angry with itself that it couldn't do an attack it learned way back as a Kimori. The fact that its trainer told it to come on back and that they would try again later somewhat hurt its feelings because it was ashamed of the fact it couldn't use it after having evolved. Hell, it was so angry with itself that it smashed its head against a tree several times.

Who wants to bet 4Kids or whoever has to lower the mood by playing some kind of soft or goofy music in order to actually air the scene intact, like they did with the battle against Adan?

I was actually suprised Satoshi didn't let go of Jukain and dive after Pikachu. About time the writers did something right there. o_O T'was also nice to see the two bonding while trying to find Pikachu and Satoshi letting Jukain rest, even supporting him as they walked.

Though I wonder about the fall to Satoshi's knee. Either the weight of Jukain falling on top of him hurt his knee as they both fell, or Satoshi's got some really weak knees. >_> And the jump he did..well, I guess Jukain's not the only one that can jump really high. :s

I do agree with V Faction, that Leaf Blade was pretty damn awesome. o_O And like Gravy, I was actually somewhat suprised at the playing of "Boku no Best Friend" without it being focused on Satoshi and Pikachu.

Definately a nice episode. And from the looks of the preview for the next episode, I'm interested to see how the battles play out. The Oosubame flight scenes were pretty damn nifty and it's a treat to see angles of battles we rarely get to see.

lightspeed
18th March 2006, 3:52 PM
I've read the episode guide and looked at the pictures; I can't wait to watch this episode on TV, it's gonna be really awesome. Sceptile was really strong, especially its leaf blade. Also it was nice to see Ash care so much about Sceptile and also Sceptile caring so much for Ash. Sceptile's my favourite pokemon and I'm very obsessed with anything related to Sceptile; since this episode featured so much of Sceptile, it's gonna be one of my favourites although there was not much battling in this episode. I'll rate it Infinite/10 XD.

HoennMaster
19th March 2006, 6:04 AM
featured so much Sceptile, that is why it's name is in the title, I agree this will be a good episode

TotodileCharizard
3rd June 2006, 8:44 PM
I looked at the Episode Pictures and Synopsis!(I can't spell!) I can't wait till it airs here! Sceptile is my uhhh 2nd favorite Pokemon(next to Grovyle) and I can't wait to see him regain his Leaf Blade, Quick Attack, and Bullet Seed. :D That's about all I gotta say. I'll probably post my comments and stuff when it actually airs like much much much much later.

WaterDragon trainer
4th November 2006, 2:56 PM
Just saw this in the US. This episode was pretty cool. I felt so bad for Scpetile when it got frustrated and when Beedrill mauled Sceptile. Spencer was a cool character. It was cool to see Ash fight the Beedrill. It was awesome to see Sceptile regain its moves. It was cool to see TR getting blasted off without an attack from Pikachu.

Juputoru
4th November 2006, 2:58 PM
-Spencer doesn't sound like a generic old man! Rejoice! And his voice is cool anyway.
-So that's what Scott sounds like now...not bad.
-GO GO SCEPPY GO.
-Did I mention that Sceptile sounds pretty good?
-Don't you just LOVE how Ash can jump ridiculously far for no good reason?
-Oh yes, and DUSTOX LIVES.

I just love this ep. Sceptile finally reminds us of that badass personality it had way back when, it GETS ITS GROOVE BACK, and we see the Plot Device Pokemon in action again. Good all around.

BattleFranky~40
4th November 2006, 3:09 PM
The Return of Super Satoshi!

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th November 2006, 3:10 PM
His new voice gives him SUPER STRENGTH!

Hey, return of the Box Of Impentreble Defense from the Samurai Era of Kanto!

BattleFranky~40
4th November 2006, 3:18 PM
His new voice gives him SUPER STRENGTH!

Hey, return of the Box Of Impentreble Defense from the Samurai Era of Kanto!

Now, all that's missing is Samurai.

Pika Hikari KT
4th November 2006, 3:25 PM
Spencer doesn't sound like a generic old man! Rejoice! And his voice is cool anyway.
That's four in a row!:D Can we make the full 'bingo!'? I guess for your sake, let's hope Brandon's good.XD

GO GO SCEPPY GO.
*cues Naruto music*:D

Don't you just LOVE how Ash can jump ridiculously far for no good reason?
ACTION HERO ASH RETURNS!:D

Oh yes, and DUSTOX LIVES.
:D You're awesome, you know that?^^

*goes ahead and buddies her*

RandomCharizard
4th November 2006, 3:32 PM
That's four in a row!:D Can we make the full 'bingo!'? I guess for your sake, let's hope Brandon's good.XD

*cues Naruto music*:D

ACTION HERO ASH RETURNS!:D

:D You're awesome, you know that?^^

*goes ahead and buddies him*

Juputoru is a ...girl. o_o;

I have two words for this episode: Sceptile OWNS

BattleFranky~40
4th November 2006, 3:33 PM
No matter how much Sceptile owns, I will always like little ol' Treecko more.

GreenKirby
4th November 2006, 3:43 PM
Veronica Taylor or not, this episode was still dubbed decently. I was worried that Ash's new voice would not be fitting. Thank god he/she did the lines pretty well.

This episode is th best episode I've ever seen, but I already said that.

BattleFranky~40
4th November 2006, 3:44 PM
This episode is th best episode I've ever seen, but I already said that.

I'm glad you enjoy pointless filler episodes.

GreenKirby
4th November 2006, 4:13 PM
I'm glad you enjoy pointless filler episodes.

Excuse me. Filler episodes? What are you on? This is epsidoes is anything but a filler. This episode centers around Sceptile regainings its moves.

Do you think episodes like Charizard Chills and Hot Matches are pointless because they reverse negative effects of certain pokemon.

Besides, this episode also has many touchy, nice, and heartfelt moments. It's nice to see Ash bond with his Pokemon.

BattleFranky~40
4th November 2006, 4:14 PM
Excuse me. Filler episodes? What are you on? This is epsidoes is anything but a filler. This episode centers around Sceptile regainings its moves.

Do you think episodes like Charizard Chills and Hot Matches are pointless because they reverse negative effects of certain pokemon.

Besides, this episode also has many touchy, nice, and heartfelt moments. It's nice to see Ash bond with his Pokemon.

Sceptile could have regained his ability to attack during the fight against Spencer. Instead, we had to have this crap.

Almighty Zard
4th November 2006, 6:04 PM
did anyone catch TR's line after Sceptile killed them i nearly died laughing when i heard it

eeveedragon
4th November 2006, 8:51 PM

It used quick attack in this episode...

wobbanut
4th November 2006, 9:27 PM
I thought this was a great episode. It had a great drama, Ash's voice keeps getting better, Sceptile finally relearns his moves. It was a very satisfactory episode. I was also pleasantly surprised by Spenser's voice, it was really good. At least it wasn't the same old man voices we've heard in many old episodes, like with Pryce or with the old men in "Plant it Now Diglett Later". The episode also reminded me a lot of "Challenge of the Samurai", with all the beedrills and kakunas, and Team Rocket's coverage (at least this one wasn't cardboard.

Overall, 10/10. I can't wait for the new episodes Friday.

Darkness Angel
4th November 2006, 10:17 PM
Nice to see Sceptile learned all of it's moves once again.

spongeaud
5th November 2006, 1:59 AM
yeah for Sceptile i can tell he's going to be real usuful to Ash when he plays the brain

Medea
5th November 2006, 1:58 PM
Overall, it was a pretty good episode. Of course, I'm not too fond of the "OMG it's a friggin' BEEDRILL SWARM! RUN!" Mostly because the Beedrill swarm thing is WAY TOO OVERUSED. And Spenser was pretty cool. I really wasn't expecting him to sound like that, but it was an okay voice none-the-less (I cannot tell you how close I was to beating him in the friggin' game)...But I digress!

That's about it! Oh and happy to see someone else with a Chansey besides Nurse Joy. That's all!

Hikozaru390
5th November 2006, 6:07 PM
It's the return of Team Rocket's fail safe beedrill proof...

box.

Making a return from Kanto! Man, that brings back memories.

Rashdan
6th November 2006, 12:02 AM
It was great how Sceptile relearns its moves and saves Ash. A bit scary when Sceptile shredded the arm-like things into pieces XD

Good episode, and yes, Spenser's voice was just perfect. Can't wait for the battle.

Pika Hikari KT
6th November 2006, 1:47 AM
It's the return of Team Rocket's fail safe Beedrill proof...

box.

Making a return from Kanto! Man, that brings back memories.
Sure does--I was reminded of that as well. But they said it was made of steel, which I'm sure NO Beedrill could get into unless it used Hyper Beam or something...not to mention it'd be kinda heavy for Jesse and James to lift?

Digitalkaiser65
6th November 2006, 4:34 PM
I didnt like this episode, simply for one reason. Ashes voice didnt quite cut it. It was off, and the emotion that the episode was SUPPOSED to have, was gone because of that horrible voice.

Which is weird, because I like his voice alot in other episodes, just not this one. Everything else was great. :)

wobbanut
6th November 2006, 11:45 PM
Funny, I thought Ash's voice sounded great for this episode. He sounded right on emotionally in several places. I've liked the new voice all season long, so maybe I'm a bit biased, but I still thought it was really good this time around.

halloweenghost
7th November 2006, 2:35 AM
wasn't the island named Metallica island? bnd James says.. we're serounded by heavy metal when they were in the beedrill box? lol

Anyways seeing the old beedrill proof box was great to see again.. though they thought wisely to make it of metal and not carboard this time it saved them for a few moments longer :P

Cobalt_Latios
7th November 2006, 5:29 AM
I got to see it today(I dont want to say how as it's plain obvious) and i was pretty impressed by it. We get to see the Repel for the first time. It looks EXACTLY like a can of bug spray(hehe, bug spray, Beedrill!! LOL!!). Sceptile relearning his moves was great. I also thought it was interesting how Team Rocket attempted their box trick, but it didnt do too well. Spenser's voice was pretty good too. What you didnt hear before cant hurt ya(not counting it's counter-part version okay!).

Okay, big confusion. At what point does May's Eevee learn Shadow Ball? Somebody please tell me. Cause im sure ive seen almost all the episodes up till now.

Oh, and am i the only one who found that this had a distinct similarity to the episode "Numero Uno Articuno", not plotwise, but how they meet the frontier brain, then the next episode they battle 'em?

Otherwise, pretty good episode. 8/10

~C_L~

chosen_one386
9th November 2006, 1:36 AM
^

1. Eevee learns it at the beginning of the episode.

2. You're right, they do meet Spenser in the same way as they met Noland. Kinda.

3. Spenser's voice was AWESOME!!

flame fox
9th November 2006, 6:49 AM
spencers voice was cool so was team rockets BOX of awesomeness

Pika Hikari KT
10th November 2006, 5:53 AM
Oh, and am i the only one who found that this had a distinct similarity to the episode "Numero Uno Articuno", not plotwise, but how they meet the frontier brain, then the next episode they battle 'em?
That's been a running trend since Johto...nothing new.

Horn Drill
19th November 2006, 1:15 AM
The Beedrill plot-device returns! The only problem I had with this episode is that Ash practically flew into Team Rocket's balloon, even though his knee was injured. ._.;

The best part was when James said, "You may be a Frontier Brain, but you look like a nut!" I was cracking up at that priceless line. XD

Pacman
21st November 2006, 6:00 AM
A OK episode. Sceptile is cool.

Knight_Ram
7th December 2006, 11:10 PM
Yeah I thought that this episode was quite a good one for the return of Sceptile (even though it never left). But yeah, it was quite the good episode with Sceptile using its moves to save Pikachu and having that second blade when using leafblade looks great! And when Sceptile used quick attack to speed up to Pikachu to save it was really cool. And the final moved use to save itself from getting crushed by the impact of it landing on the ground with bulletseed. Great!

Seems funny how his stage 3 evolution pokemon have problems but then they just get use to Ash and learn to co-oporate with him after he trys to earn there respect by standing up for them. 8/10

Igottapoo
21st January 2009, 10:04 AM
Not much going on here :/ I hate how the writers just keep stalling until the final frontier battle. It's so annoying.

Blue Snover
9th March 2009, 3:15 PM
I think it was nice that Sceptile managed to remember how to use it's attacks, it's a shame it forgot them to begin with.

Littlemyuu
9th March 2009, 4:45 PM
Its a nice episode, Sceptile is my fave Pokemon and this episode rocks

(s.i.e)
9th March 2009, 7:48 PM
it has been a while since i saw this episode but i do remember that it was a decent episode. i should watch this one when i have the time.

STICKTOPIA
21st July 2009, 3:55 AM
IMO i think grovyle should have evolved in this episode instead of the other 1 b/c it was completely useless in that 1.

XxpikapikaxX
26th July 2009, 3:18 AM
This is one of the saddest episodes ever. ;_;

Surfer_Dude
26th September 2009, 11:57 AM
This episode was awesome. Ash and sceptile showed a huhge bond between each other. Good ol Sceptile ^_^

Ash-kid
12th December 2009, 3:31 PM
Good Sceptile episode.

Sceptile's power finaly discovered. his power is Incredible. i think that Sceptile was able to beat TR without any problem, by itself.

Willow's Tara
27th May 2010, 2:21 AM
Good episode, you got to feel a bit sorry for Sceptile and losing it's power.
It was good that Sceptile got it's power back, I liked that scene when the Beedrill are about to attack and Pikachu's thunderbolt comes out of nowhere and zaps them.

Lorde
1st November 2010, 8:22 PM
Hmm. I have such mixed feelings about this episode. On the bright side, Ash and friends finally arrived at the island where the Battle Palace is located and we saw Ash doing some more training for his match. May's Eevee also showed off it's Shadow Ball which was a stunning surprise. On the dark side though, Sceptile was having trouble using it's attacks. I found myself sort of secretly pleased though since Sceptile had always been so strong. How the mighty have fallen muhaha! No I'm just joking; it was quite sad that Sceptile had such trouble. This episode was centered around character development for Ash and Sceptile more than anything else though, and Ash's meeting with Spenser was eventful to say the least. Sceptile managed to get it's old moves back just in time for the next episode. A little too convenient but whatever. This gets a 7/10 for being all right but not all that great.

Painkiller2001
10th December 2010, 6:08 PM
wasn't the island named Metallica island? bnd James says.. we're serounded by heavy metal when they were in the beedrill box? lol

Yes! I'm not the only one who made this connection!

--

Awesome! Sceptile got his powers back! I knew he could do it!! *Hugs Sceptile*
Scpetile is now one of my favorite Pokemon! Not quite better than Grovyle is, though.

I got a little choked up when Sceptile ran into the forest and was banging his head on that tree! Poor, poor Sceptile!

Every Ash/Sceptile moment in this episode was sweet!

Lance The Champ
17th December 2010, 9:54 AM
Sceptile finally got its power and spirit..... now to Ash and Spencer's battle!

G50
26th April 2011, 11:44 AM
This episode was ok... It was great to see Sceptile eventually regain its attacks after being too heartbroken to use them for awhile. It was cool to see Eevee learn Shadow Ball, a very unexpected attack for an Eevee. There was definitely a lot of bonding time in this episode for Ash and Sceptile.

38/100

Jnmisty
31st January 2012, 3:23 PM
I really like this episode. It is one of many episodes where Ash goes head over heels to protect/rescue Pokemon even if it is his own especially when it is Team Rocket causing so much trouble.

Vernikova
13th September 2012, 7:31 PM
The debut of the most dull Frontier Brain in the show. Another Sceptile episode which gets boring since he isn't interesting but I wasn't too bothered by it.

Dawn+Serena Fan
2nd July 2013, 10:49 PM
This was a pretty good episode. I enjoyed seeing Sceptile re-learn its attacks.

PokemontrainerY
3rd July 2013, 10:46 PM
This episode was awsome, Sceptile got good character development in this episode. I enjoy episodes which are centered around a Pokemon's character development.