PDA

View Full Version : Requesting assistance for my Battle Frontier team please! =D

Blue Ditto
9th February 2006, 10:21 PM
Yay, good mood again. Anyway.

After finally getting around to training a Battle Frontier team, I ran into a couple of problems.

Perhaps I should post the team first though...

Altaria@ ???
Relaxed Nature
EVs really don't matter...it's got decent stats...
Natural Cure
-Perish Song
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Claw
-Rest

Swampert@ Leftovers
Serious Nature
Torrent
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Brick Break

Skarmory@ ???
Docile Nature
Sturdy
-Spikes
-Rawr
-Drill Peck
-Metal Sound (experimental, will try other options if this doesn't work out well)

I'll have to clarify this--I'm quite happy with my team and won't do any breeding at this point. I mean really...it was a ***** training Altaria from level 5...and those EVs don't come cheap either...I only need help with item placements and possibly someone who can really convince me to go with some option in that last slot labeled Metal Sound, since I am really unsure if I want to use it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this though! =D

ZNtelle
10th February 2006, 4:54 AM
I know for sure that you want Leftovers on Swampert.

Blue Ditto
10th February 2006, 5:31 PM
Alright then! =D

But what about the last moveslot? ._.;

Jacque-de-Lemono
10th February 2006, 7:39 PM
For Skarmory's last move, why not Toxic? That way you can make her/him, a Toxspikeshuffler type of thing.

Jacque-de-Lemono
10th February 2006, 7:41 PM
*reads paragraph after team*

Metal Sound is an interesting choice also. Since Altaria's special attack is two fries short of a Happy Meal, you might want to try it.

draco draco
11th February 2006, 9:02 AM
um.. you shouldnt even think of entering any battle frontier thing with that team.. what you need, is sweepers.. like a starmie...

starmie: modest nature ( EV: 252 in sp. attack and speed, 6 in hp)
ability: natural cure
moveset:
psychic
thunderbolt
ice beam
surf
@brightpower

and here is a sweeper who uses attack instead of sp. attack...

salamence: adamant nature ( EV: 252 attack and speed, 6 in hp)
ability: forgot the name of it o_O
moveset:
earial ace
dragon dance
earthquake
brick break

to get dragon dance do it like this (i add something so you can also get earial ace without use tm)

start with a male tailow.. train up to it evolve and then train to it learns earial ace.. (forgot lv.) now breed it with a female swablu until you get a male swablu.. it will have earial ace.. now train to lv 35 and let evolve.. train to lv 40 and let it learn dragon dance.. breed with a female bagon.. now you will breed to you get a male 1.. set it in day care with a adamant ditto holding everstone.. when you get a adamant bagon, it will have earial ace and dragon dance.. you need to use tm to learn it EQ and BB..

hope i did help..

Blue Ditto
14th February 2006, 5:56 PM
um.. you shouldnt even think of entering any battle frontier thing with that team.. what you need, is sweepers.. like a starmie...

starmie: modest nature ( EV: 252 in sp. attack and speed, 6 in hp)
ability: natural cure
moveset:
psychic
thunderbolt
ice beam
surf
@Brightpowder No brightpowder please...I think Shell Bell will do...

and here is a sweeper who uses attack instead of sp. attack...

salamence: adamant nature ( EV: 252 attack and speed, 6 in hp)
ability: It's Intimidate...xD
moveset:
earial ace
dragon dance
earthquake
brick break

to get dragon dance do it like this (i add something so you can also get earial ace without use tm)

start with a male tailow.. train up to it evolve and then train to it learns earial ace.. (forgot lv.) now breed it with a female swablu until you get a male swablu.. it will have earial ace.. now train to lv 35 and let evolve.. train to lv 40 and let it learn dragon dance.. breed with a female bagon.. now you will breed to you get a male 1.. set it in day care with a adamant ditto holding everstone.. when you get a adamant bagon, it will have earial ace and dragon dance.. you need to use tm to learn it EQ and BB..

So much breeding. x.x;

hope i did help..

Thank you for your feedback. Although I've already trained my Pokemon so I REALLY don't want to go back to hatching eggs. You are right though, I do need a stronger sweeper...if only I had a Blaziken instead...ah well. ^^ I appreciate your comments.

Tazzler
14th February 2006, 10:22 PM
Or hypnosis for like a doublepowder effect.

ZNtelle
15th February 2006, 2:12 AM
For Skarmory's last move, why not Toxic? That way you can make her/him, a Toxspikeshuffler type of thing.
Toxic actually isn't good on Skarmory. It doesn't have the compatible movepool and stats to support Toxic.

draco draco, I don't see what was wrong without Graveyard Marowak having some sweepers.

Blue Ditto
17th February 2006, 1:51 AM
Or hypnosis for like a doublepowder effect.

Hypnosis? On what?

Tazzler
17th February 2006, 2:30 AM
Opps, wrong thread.

DemonScythe
17th February 2006, 5:46 AM
Toxic works as Skarm's last move
and Go for Protect>BB on pert to get extra health
or protect from some silly non sun Solarbeams or hey
you could give counter a whirl..

Fluorescent Adolescent
17th February 2006, 11:09 AM
Toxic actually isn't good on Skarmory. It doesn't have the compatible movepool and stats to support Toxic.

draco draco, I don't see what was wrong without Graveyard Marowak having some sweepers.

This is in-game so I should imagine that it does work most likely. Toxi-shuffling ftw 8)