PDA

View Full Version : LOZ OOT Help

Alakazam
9th February 2006, 11:27 PM
I want to make a Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time fic named The Battle Continues or The Final Showdown. I need some help on ideas and writing things (Adjectives, how to write it, how they talk and some said words). I want to stay with Zelda, Link and Ganondorf along with the other characters and bosses from OOT. Any help will be appreciated.

RaZoR LeAf
10th February 2006, 1:43 PM
I suggest reading all the Zelda fics that are currently on the forum. Mine and Power Shot's are the longest Zelda-only fics at the moment. I'd also suggest playing the game again, it helps you get a better feel for what you're writing.

Alakazam
11th February 2006, 1:51 AM
I suggest reading all the Zelda fics that are currently on the forum. Mine and Power Shot's are the longest Zelda-only fics at the moment. I'd also suggest playing the game again, it helps you get a better feel for what you're writing.
I just finished OOT and I am playing WindWaker now.

Angelstorm
13th February 2006, 7:27 PM
This might not be a very good idea but why don't you read the manga about it? There are quite a few on the net, and it can help you see different things about the game. The manga helped me to see a world more than swordplay, and helped me to see how each different connection affected Link's quest in the future when he was an adult. But you should also check on Majora's Mask, perhaps.

Reading other fics of Ocarina of time like RaZoR LeAf said is a good idea too. Try to keep your ideas a bit different if you want to also. You can read guides and other things to twist and turn the tale. Also keep in mind of the path you will set out for Link. Keep in mind of the different Links and games as well, know when they were questing. Will he time travel again of grow up normally? I won't go much into detail since I can't remember half of what I was thinking.

Alakazam
14th February 2006, 1:54 AM
I think I will make a Wind Waker fic. I don't see anyone with one of those.

RaZoR LeAf
14th February 2006, 2:00 PM
Power Shot's fic is set post Wind Waker.

Clockworkz
15th February 2006, 6:02 PM
Instead of reading the other fan fics, read some more literature. Things like Faulkner, or whatnot. Learn the lessons of the big-league authors and try to emulate their style. I read a book a while back called "The Stranger", by Albert Camus. It's old. But it still is incredibly descriptive and well detailed without being overbearing or boring. Try to do something like that.