PDA

View Full Version : Houen N00B

minakichan
10th February 2006, 2:57 AM
Hey all,

Confession: I was one of those losers who faded out of the Pokemon fandom several years ago during the Johto League anime, partially due to lack of time and partially due to being fed up with its repetitiveness. Well, I came back to serebii.net for a nostalgia trip and read some summaries and... wow, it seems like the anime has seriously improved! I mean, the formula's still the same, but... character development? what? where'd THAT come from?

So I was wondering what are the most important episodes that I need to watch to get caught up with Houen and Battle Frontier (like, say, top 10~20)? I'm not particularly interested in gyms and epicbattles!, but rather the more interesting stuff with the plot twists and characters, and preferably less "formula" (i.e. Rocket Gang with robots, Takeshi/Brock getting ear pulled, etc).

Thanks for your help in advance!

PDL
10th February 2006, 3:29 AM
well I suggest you start with very late Jotho, about where Ash gets a larvitar egg, plenty of actual character development occurs there, and the Jotho leauge, he finally beats Gary but loses to another trainer.

one episode I highly suggest watching is "Gotta Catch Ya Later" This episode has a ton of plot stuff crammed into it. the episode after "Hoenn Alone" is kinda fillery but is the very last episode of the orignal pokemon series.

the episode after introduces May (who may be seen as a "replacement of Misty" by many, but only as the token female character, her character is pretty much different.)

but there's way more then 10 episodes needed to summerize the Hoenn saga... since there's plenty of character development for both humans and their pokemon.

Jesse GS the II
10th February 2006, 4:50 PM
And for the record, you're most certainly not a loser for abandoning the show for a while. In fact, it shows that you have a mind of your own.

CyberCubed
10th February 2006, 5:20 PM
Start at AG1, "Get the show on the Road". The show became very good since that point onward.

minakichan
11th February 2006, 12:44 AM
^_________^;;; *blush* OK cool, I'm going to hunt for the beginning eps then...

I don't...honestly really want to watch the whole series though ^^;;; I suppose it's probably unreasonable to request 10 out of the hundreds of eps... Sorry... uh... but what eps should I defintely not miss? (I'll prolly be watching subs, if that makes any difference at all.)

Thanks again~~