PDA

View Full Version : Moveset for Pelipper?

Jacque-de-Lemono
10th February 2006, 8:14 PM
Well, I've tried for ages, and I still can't figure out a decent moveset for Pelipper. Does anyone have a good one?

Fluorescent Adolescent
10th February 2006, 8:29 PM
This is Rate My Team, not give me a team. That also means that it's not give me a moveset.

www.smogon.com for reference.

TOY MACHINE
10th February 2006, 8:43 PM
the best moveset for peliper is to not use it

it is awful

Jacque-de-Lemono
10th February 2006, 8:51 PM
Actually, there is no rule about not posting something about a moveset.

Did I say give me a team? No, I didn't. I said I need help with a moveset. And instead of getting ridicule answers about how I should just, 'not use the Pokémon', how about a decent answer? Or how about not answer at all?

Sheesh ...

Jacque-de-Lemono
10th February 2006, 8:52 PM
Plus, i've seen many a different posts, quite similar to this one.

Ex. What's a good moveset for Metagross?

I'm not doing anything wrong.

aipomkong
10th February 2006, 8:54 PM
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Toxic
~ Substitute

@ Leftovers

Modest

172 hp / 86 def / 252 satk

Uggh. It just can’t stand electric attacks. It isn’t as versatile as Gyarados, and it surely cannot be compared with it. No good move in its movepool, no stats to stand up to Pokemon of a higher tier, and that type combination makes it just not worth it.

lol

anyway, moveset copy/pasted right from smogon

Ex. What's a good moveset for Metagross?

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=105988

a thread about good metagross sets

Fluorescent Adolescent
10th February 2006, 8:57 PM
Actually, there is no rule about not posting something about a moveset.

Did I say give me a team? No, I didn't. I said I need help with a moveset. [/QUOTE]

This is Rate My Team, not give me a team. That also means that it's not give me a moveset.

What part of the bolded parts didn't you understand?

And instead of getting ridicule answers about how I should just, 'not use the Pokémon', how about a decent answer? Or how about not answer at all?

Sheesh ...

Or how about you get off your lazy arse and go to the link I provided :rolleyes:

I'm not doing anything wrong.

Only DOUBLE POSTING.

Jacque-de-Lemono
10th February 2006, 9:03 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't happen to see the link, I thought it was part of your signature, and I over-looked it. I didn't know hate could come across someone so easily ..

ZNtelle
11th February 2006, 7:58 AM
It's not hate. It's irritation. You didn't read the rules, and they specifically state that you can't double-post. Also, just because you see a ton of people posting threads asking for sets, it doesn't mean it's okay. RMT actually has a rule against that, and we don't have a lot of people here who read the rules, so that gives you an idea of why you ever see those threads.

Since you asked the question, just use 0mastar's set. Rest is an option over Substitute that I don't recommend, since Pelipper won't survive anything it gets hit by during a rest.

Freakshow
11th February 2006, 3:35 PM
Ingame pelipper.

Pelican Lol @ Leftovers
Modest nature

-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Shock Wave/Toxic/Agility
-Substitute

Shock Wave sorta sucks, but you might kill a Gyarados or two. Or just use Toxic or Agility over it. Even with Agility it still isn't going to sweep much :(

TOY MACHINE
11th February 2006, 8:39 PM
it is a waste of ice beam

Alfonc
12th February 2006, 3:53 AM
Pelipper actully sucks,it can be taken down by a single ThunderBolt.

Peipper@Leftovers/Lum Berry
Modest nature
Ev's 252 Sp.Attack/HP,6 Defense

Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Hidden Power:Electric
Maybe Agility or just go with Attract or Protect
===========
The only thing new about this Pelipper is that it gets Bold nature and more Defense.

Pelipper@Leftovers
Bold nature
Ev's 252 Defense,200 Sp.Attack,58 HP

Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam/Hidden Power:Electric
Stock Pile
Swallow
If you don't want Stock Pile and Swallow then go with Attract and Hidden Power:Electric or Ice Beam
============
Edit:This one actually sucks,but works in Double Battles with a little Strategy and Helping Hand:

Pelipper@Leftovers
Relaxed nature
Ev's 200 Sp.Attack,52 HP,200 Defense,58 Attack

Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Hidden Power:Electric
Aerial Ace/Double Edge

These are all ideas,but Pelipper actually sucks,you can only use him Rounds 1 to 3 in the Battle Froniter except Battle Pyramid since it is the most unreliable Pokemon you can count on.

ZNtelle
12th February 2006, 6:40 AM
If you know a set sucks, why do you suggest it, Shiny Mewtwo?

EDIT: Let me rephrase what I meant to say. Why do you suggest a set if you know it sucks? You even say so above.

Wyndigo
12th February 2006, 8:04 AM
It learns Surf and Fly... Which makes it a decent HM slave.

AirLock200 had a pretty good set.

Pax Deorum
12th February 2006, 11:48 PM
hey ****heads, stfu. Pelipper is one of the coolest NU ever and quite underated actually, seeing it sweeps like a maniac late game, especially Helipper.

Helipper uses this set, but seeing this is ingame, I can't give you an accurate EV spread.

Pelipper@Leftovers/Petaya
-Agility
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-HP Grass/Toxic

Seeing this is ingame, I doubt you can get HP Grass, but if it does, it'd be cool. For an EV spread focus on Sp. Attack and Defence, while giving it some Speed EVs. In NB I give it about 159 Speed (stat) to outspeed Plusle/Minun after an Agility, max Sp. Attack and the rest split in HP and Defence

Pelipper is quite an underrated pokemon in NU. I used to have a log where it swept more than half of an UU team seeing all his walls were already weakened

9voltdude
13th February 2006, 12:05 AM
dont use pelipper...
go with gyarados or mantine.

Fluorescent Adolescent
13th February 2006, 12:07 AM
dont use pelipper...
go with gyarados or mantine.

It's in-game ffs, not like it matters ;/