PDA

View Full Version : Subpunching Breloom?

Komedic Konservationist
12th February 2006, 5:44 PM
Being an inpatient gamer, I never had the patience to train a Sporepunching Breloom. Therefore, my Emerald Breloom is stuck with an absolutely horrific moveset; Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Mach Punch, and Sky Uppercut.
What I want to know, does Breloom also make a good subpuncher? Because I'm planning on teaching it Substitute and Focus Punch, but since those moves can only be taught once (yes, you could trade, but I have no friends to trade with, and I've only got one GBA) I want to know if Breloom is a good Subpuncher, and if it will work well.
Kthnxbi.

DragonDance
12th February 2006, 5:51 PM
Sporepunch > Subpunch but both are ok

aipomkong
12th February 2006, 6:21 PM
subpunch breloom works really well in game

sub/focus punch/spore/sludge bomb

is a nice In-game set

DemonScythe
12th February 2006, 9:51 PM
leech seed/sub/punch/spore

suck the life out of some shits and resistant grasses take
heavy status along with an FP =)

Alfonc
12th February 2006, 11:15 PM
What you want is Spore-Punching seeing that it can take out a lot of toughies like Tyranitar and Snorlax!

Just play around with what it can learn but for now this is the moveset I think is the best and is used in Battle Frontier a lot!

Breloom@Leftovers
Adamant/Jolly nature
Ev's 252 Attack/Speed,6 HP

Spore
Focus Punch
Sludge Bomb
Mach Punch/Hidden Power:Rock/Ground

Okay,so Hidden Power:Rock/Ground isn't used in the Battle Frontier,but it can work!

I have a Jolly breloom that has Outstanding Speed,I might train it seeing that it can also take out Scizor with Spore and Focus Punch!

ZNtelle
13th February 2006, 1:15 AM
I prefer DemonScythe's suggestion. 0mastar's suggestion still seems to be a SporePunching Breloom against the will of the thread starter. lol

Twitch
13th February 2006, 8:14 PM
I prefer DemonScythe's suggestion. 0mastar's suggestion still seems to be a SporePunching Breloom against the will of the thread starter. lol;227; But my good sir, DemonScythe's set is also SporePunch. :D
But it is a good set nonetheless. At least ingame, I have no idea about competitive.

magnemiteZ
13th February 2006, 8:21 PM
The best way to get hundreds of Shroomish with Spore, so you never have this problem again, is to level up, paying no attention to Evs etc (one male and one female obviously), until they hit level 52 and then Smack them both in the day care. All of the spawn will have Spore at Lv5!

I like the Idea of a Sub and Spore Punching Breloom. Super safe or what? :D

ZNtelle
14th February 2006, 3:24 AM
Wow, do my eyes ever deceive me or what...(Regarding earlier comment)

Spore-SubPunching Breloom is somewhat of a paranoid idea, though the Sub does work to set up a Spore opportunity if the next Pokemon has the upper hand against Breloom.

Komedic Konservationist
14th February 2006, 1:24 PM
The best way to get hundreds of Shroomish with Spore, so you never have this problem again, is to level up, paying no attention to Evs etc (one male and one female obviously), until they hit level 52 and then Smack them both in the day care. All of the spawn will have Spore at Lv5!

Training the Breloom I've got to lvl 50 took the entire length of time it did to reach the elite 4. I can't stand the thought of training yet another Shroomish, especially as it's one of the slowest critters to level up in the entire game.
I don't want Spore on Breloom! All you guys are giving me movesets with spore, when the whole point of this thread is to find a Substitute (pun intended) for spore!

DemonScythe
14th February 2006, 2:56 PM
Its not that hard at all just go with
Stunspore/Substitute/Focuspunch/LeechSeed
you paralyze your foe and substitute until they can't move
you Leech them to get the life back from your subs, and once
you got leech going you can outstall them like a sceptile but you
get the bonus of sticking a big focuspunch right in their face!