PDA

View Full Version : Beta Music

Gulzar
13th February 2006, 4:59 AM
After the popularity of the beta maps that I posted (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=105571), I decided to display the beta music that I have found. These are the first three songs:

Beta 1 (http://rapidshare.de/files/13153344/Beta_1.WAV.html)
Beta 2 (http://rapidshare.de/files/13153862/Beta_2.WAV.html)
Beta 3 (http://rapidshare.de/files/13153981/Beta_3.WAV.html)

Sorry you have to download them :(. Just scroll down until you get to the “free” button. Click that, wait until the timer runs down, enter the password, and click the “download” button. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I couldn’t find another way.

So my question is: What do you think of these songs, and where would they have gone in the game?
;001;

setokaibarocket
13th February 2006, 9:09 AM
Only beta music 3 is working for me; it's currently downloading. Here's a beta song from crystal: http://media.putfile.com/Unused-Crystal-Music

And in future you may consider converting the songs to MP3 to spare us dialup users...

muckers
13th February 2006, 10:15 AM
Only beta music 3 is working for me; it's currently downloading. Here's a beta song from crystal: http://media.putfile.com/Unused-Crystal-Music

Cheers for the beta song from Crystal, but the other downloads are working fine for me.

Mabye you tried downloading all of them at once? Because Rapidshare forbids multiple downloads from a single IP that doesn't have a premium account.

Or it could just have been a bit busy at the time. Either way, try them again.

And in future you may consider converting the songs to MP3 to spare us dialup users...

Once they're done for me, I'll convert them for those still lumbered with good (?) old dial up. ;)

GOHAN
13th February 2006, 10:29 AM
thanks alooot doood but ihave that movie

setokaibarocket
13th February 2006, 10:31 AM
Mabye you tried downloading all of them at once?
... Yes...

EDIT: Dang, still wont work...
EDIT2: Got it, now downloading...

muckers
13th February 2006, 10:43 AM
Right, here we are - Dial-up friendly (but no reduction in quality) MP3 versions.

Beta music 1 (http://www.flurl.com/uploaded/Beta_1_65905.html)

Beta music 2 (http://www.flurl.com/uploaded/beta_2_65907.html)

Beta music 3 (http://www.flurl.com/uploaded/beta_3_65908.html)

Good thing about Flurl.com is that you can stream it from the site and download it to your HDD as well. ^_^

Incrediboy
13th February 2006, 10:53 AM
The last one is very Legend of Zelda-ish.

muckers
13th February 2006, 10:56 AM
My guesses for where they were from:

Beta 1: Goldenrod or the Department Store
Beta 2: Elm's Lab or somewhere in New Bark Town
Beta 3: After beating the Elite 4 (that outro sequence, *not* the credits)

Gulzar
13th February 2006, 10:00 PM
setokaibarocket: Good find! I don’t think I’ve heard that song before.
muckers: Thanks a million for the mp3’s! Also, interesting theory about Goldenrod or the Department Store for song 1. I never would have thought of that.
;001;

Correction: I have heard that song somewhere, setokaibarocket. It’s Clair’s music from the Dragon Den. It’s one of the few songs that you hear only once in the game.

muckers
13th February 2006, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I thought that cos it sounded a bit more upbeat, y'know? And Goldenrod's supposed to be a big city, and it might be all excited (ergo upbeat) for Hiro since he's going on his first adventure.

But then I though - the radio stations! Some of them could be from the Pokemon Music channel on the Johto radio.

Not the third one - I'm adament it's beta outro music. :p

Waffles
14th February 2006, 1:25 AM
The first one sounds like bike music that they ditched, the second one is most likely planned for use in the beginning of the game. The third, however, is the outro, wait about 5-10 seconds when is says THE END.

HexaTyphlosion
14th February 2006, 10:19 PM
Actually, the first song IS used in Crystal; it's the music that plays while the game is trying to connect via phone adapter. (Needless to say, it is unheard in the U.S. version of the game.)

Also, about the second song, notice that it has no percussion part. The major difference between the music of R/G/B/Y and G/S/C was that R/G/B/Y's music had very little or no percussion, while the G/S/C tracks have full percussion, likely placing this music early in G/S/C's production.

Gulzar
15th February 2006, 12:07 AM
Very interesting insight HexaTyphlosion! I have only heard/seen the Crystal Phone Adapter attached to a game once. I do sort of recall some unique music from the loading sequence. You seem to be very knowledgeable when it comes to Pokémon music.

Note to everyone: Keep the idea’s coming!
;001;

Dunsparce
15th February 2006, 1:17 AM

Dammit. Is there any way to save that song?

Edit: How do you get ANY of those songs onto your desktop?

HexaTyphlosion
15th February 2006, 1:27 AM
It's some of my favorite music, so I've heard it enough to know a lot about it.

Might I ask how you extracted the music? Because, I must admit, song #2 sounds rather odd compared to most other Pokémon music. I suspect it may be from a very early revision of the game. (Of course, this is nothing more than suspicion.)

And Dunsparce, to save the songs, just right click the link and pick "Save as..."

muckers
15th February 2006, 9:53 AM
Dammit. Is there any way to save that song?

Edit: How do you get ANY of those songs onto your desktop?

In the three links that I posted, there's an option to 'Download File'. Just right click, and choose save as. Easy, on your desktop.

I've uploaded the Crystal track to Flurl.com as well, so you can do the same with that.

Click here (http://www.flurl.com/uploaded/crystalmobileadapter_68053.html).

Gulzar
15th February 2006, 11:40 PM
HexaTyphlosion, to answer your question, I use a rom for all of my uploads. My emulator has a built-in sound recording feature. Specifically, how I found them is a trade secret ;).
muckers: Thanks again for uploading and reformatting all of the music!
;001;

shining-Celebi
16th February 2006, 1:59 AM
The first one seemed kind of like the bike song.

The second one might have been a song for the pokemon center or just normal outside music.

The third one is probably an ending credit song or a tonwn song.

Ninetails
10th May 2006, 4:57 AM
I'd love to hear any other song tracks that didn't get used in the final game. :D

- Ninetails. ;038;

Fallen Guardian
10th May 2006, 5:29 AM
Nice, I've got it on my iPod now so whenever I feel like some Pokemon music in the car or on the streets, I can listen. Thanks loads guy/s/al/s...LOL

pikadon92
13th May 2006, 7:04 AM
All those music sounded like they're in the original gameboy versions to me.

Alphonse Elric
13th May 2006, 7:32 AM
That was really cool.

The third piece of beta music sounded strikingly similar to something I heard in either Colosseum or XD... Oh, well.

Nice finds, Gulzar. Hope you find some more interesting beta stuff soon.

The Organizer
14th May 2006, 3:27 PM
I like those songs, thanks for the links lol.

o_O
14th May 2006, 3:57 PM
the third song to me sounds like a cycling road ^^;

Kana
20th May 2006, 7:51 PM
^ Really? O_o;

Anyhow, these songs are cool. I especially love the first one. Thanks. ♥

SheWhoLovesPineapples
22nd May 2006, 11:26 PM
First – Either biking or surfing... most likely biking...
Second – Hmm... perhaps surfing... National Park... New Bark Town... some place calm.
Three – Also some place calm... maybe at the very beginning, when your character is just waking up and is asking you what time it is and such... or something sentimental... like at the end of the game. Maybe Lavendar Town or surfing. EDIT: I just beat my Silver. The song played after the credits. So... yah.
Four – The Game Corner, or when a Trainer is asking you to battle but the battle hasn't started yet.

That's what they sound like to me.

Fizz
6th June 2006, 6:42 AM
So... The first two are beta ones, the third is the "THE END" music, and the extra Crystal one was the Dragon's Den Clair meeting music? I hope you can find more, Gulzar, 'cause these were pretty cool finds!

Mudkip of DVN
7th June 2006, 6:44 PM
This may have been said, but the third song (or a song VERY similar to it) IS used in the English version... After the credits are done, wait a couple of seconds, and you'll hear song #3.

EDIT: More on Song #3: It's a recycled Nintendo song. I.E: Listen to the full beginning of Super Mario Advance 2 (Super Mario World), and you'll eventually hear a more vivacious version of that same song.

Mewgia
27th June 2006, 1:57 AM
I can't hear the 4 song. Can anyone help me?

XD375
27th June 2006, 2:27 AM
How did you extract that? I have GameShark, did you use that?

Sanky
12th July 2006, 6:35 PM
The first one is a very cathy tone, second is some kind of slow for a pokémon game, and the third is actually the "THE END" music.
But, nice discovery!

[And sorry for my english mistakes, I'am from Czech republic :P ]

muckers
12th July 2006, 7:18 PM
How did you extract that? I have GameShark, did you use that?

You could probably use a Gameshark to access the music and to use it somewhere in the game (obviously temporarily), but you wouldn't be able to extract it with a GS.

To extract things like beta audio, music, maps etc. you need to work with the code as a file on your PC (ie. ROM) and various hacking tools which you'll be able to Google for download links.

Not sure which specific program Gulzar used to extract the audio, though.

Aptenodytes
13th July 2006, 1:01 AM
Nice songs there. Very catchy :).

Gulzar
13th July 2006, 4:17 AM
Yeah, good old audio extracting… It’s not very easy for me…

I used a Gameshark to access the music on a rom. From there, I used my emulator’s built-in audio recorder. Since I don’t have any good audio recording tools, I just had the songs in wav format. Thanks again to Muckers for changing the format to mp3.

My recommendations for looking for more beta music:
1. Get an emulator with sound recording and Gameshark support.
2. Get a rom of the desired game.
3. Look on the internet for Gameshark codes that allow you to access any music.
4. Get a good program to edit/change the music files for ease of listening.

That’s about all.
;001;

ESE
16th July 2006, 1:57 AM
As someone said, the third song IS used in the original game, after the credits.
And according to a friend of mine, the song #2 is used in the japanese Crystal version, in the options screen about the information for the Mobile Phone Adaptor. Are you sure that it was extracted from Pokémon Gold, nor Crystal? Because if it was extracted from Crystal, then it isn't a beta theme. If it was actually extracted from Gold, that would mean that they decided to use a unused beta theme in Crystal.

Miyakazumi
16th July 2006, 2:16 AM
Wow, the first sounds like it's either at the start of the game, or when you beat the 4 first time. Third sound like a calm, end of the game music. ^^;

Gulzar
16th July 2006, 11:28 PM
ESE: The second song is beta in the sense that the English version of Pokémon Crystal doesn’t have it in normal game-play. That is, of course, because the Mobile Adapter function was never brought overseas.
;001;

ESE
19th July 2006, 1:03 PM
Wrong. Beta means that something is either incomplette, or wasn't included in the final version. That theme was present in the japanese final version, therefore is isn't beta. Simply it is a unused theme in the other version of the game. Unused and beta have different meanings.

And I just realised that the first theme isn't beta either. It is Claire's theme, used in Crystal in the Dragon Den cutscene (someone pointed before that it is Claire's theme too, I think).

And the theme posted by setokaibarocket was used in the japanese Crystal version too. So it turns out that NONE of those themes is actually "beta". Nice try, though.

~Bent~
19th July 2006, 10:26 PM
And the theme posted by setokaibarocket was used in the japanese Crystal version too.So... where?

Gulzar
21st July 2006, 2:26 AM
ESE: Well, I see no point in haggling over definitions… I guess none of us know the Japanese versions very well…
;001;

XD375
22nd July 2006, 12:26 AM
Is this copyrighted? I want to put them on a website.

P.S. I don't mean to be a hassle, but can someone post all of the beta music and music unused in the American version.

Gulzar
23rd July 2006, 1:16 AM
XD375: I don’t see why you can’t use the songs on a website. They are copyrighted by Nintendo and Gamefreak, however.
muckers has the list of them in mp3 form at this post (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=2770555#post2770555).
I think there are just three.
;001;