PDA

View Full Version : I need help!

Incrediboy
13th February 2006, 10:55 AM
I want to start playing Pokemon Silver again. But I just can't get past the game's beginning. The middle and end parts are much more enjoyable. I know I could get past the graphics and mechanics if I played long enough, but the problem is, I CAN'T play long enough.

Any tips on how to keep me interested?

muckers
13th February 2006, 11:00 AM
I know what you mean - if I'm not in the right mood, starting a Pokemon game can be dull what with all the training up and having done it before.

I suggest set yourself 'training targets'. Like, you get the starter and say - "Right, before I get to Mr. Pokemon's house I'll be at Level 8." and then "Ok, before fighting my rival I'll make sure I'm level 10".

Then when you've gotten some Pokeballs from Elm's Aide catch one or two Pokemon you *know* you'll have in a fairly long term team (like up until they're level 30 or something) and train them up to the same level as your starter. Then train your starter to level 15 and have the rest follow suit.

I often find that keeps me playing for a couple of hours without me even realising how the time has flown by.

Which bits do you consider the 'boring beginning' bits?

Incrediboy
13th February 2006, 11:05 AM
I know what you mean - if I'm not in the right mood, starting a Pokemon game can be dull what with all the training up and having done it before.

I suggest set yourself 'training targets'. Like, you get the starter and say - "Right, before I get to Mr. Pokemon's house I'll be at Level 8." and then "Ok, before fighting my rival I'll make sure I'm level 10".

Then when you've gotten some Pokeballs from Elm's Aide catch one or two Pokemon you *know* you'll have in a fairly long term team (like up until they're level 30 or something) and train them up to the same level as your starter. Then train your starter to level 15 and have the rest follow suit.I do that in just about every Pokemon game. Same levels, too. You think Like I do. :up:

Which bits do you consider the 'boring beginning' bits?Basically after I beat and name my rival. Then it's just catching and training Pokemon. :/ And one of the Pokemon I want is HootHoot which, as you know, only comes out at night.

Incrediboy
14th February 2006, 2:52 PM
No-one else has anything to say? :(

-Totodile-
14th February 2006, 3:04 PM
Do a mono-type challenge... It's what keeps me going. Sometimes, I'll plan my teams before I start a new game.

Jetx
14th February 2006, 9:06 PM
Look for hoothoots at 6 o'clock then... <_<

muckers
14th February 2006, 9:14 PM
Yep, now's the time. It's night! :D

Incrediboy
19th February 2006, 5:50 PM
Thanks guys! I'm ready for Pokemon Silver! I'm going to use the starter duplication trick.

Incrediboy
22nd February 2006, 8:08 PM
Well, I finally did it. I managed to get interested in playing Pokemon Crystal. I got to Goldenrod in a single night, and got a few minutes of play-time the next morning too.

My team is:

Quilava lv20
Noctowl lv20
Poliwag lv19