PDA

View Full Version : FUNimation to show anime movies on big screen every month

Asrialys
13th February 2006, 4:12 PM
Anyone else heard about this? I just recently read about it in the newest issue of Anime Nsider. It'll probably be starting middle of the year though. I think the first movie they are putting out is DBZ: Revenge of Cooler. Then next I think is DBZ: Fusion Reborn. I don't have the magazine with me, but I know that they are thinking of starting off with DBZ movies (hopefully never Lord Slug and the first Broly movie). And they're doing this every month in many theaters, but I don't think it'll be every one. Find the article yourself because I can't remember much lol

Wow, these guys are doing a lot. They are even getting their own channel. Of course, I'll never get to see it...

That Scary Clefairy
13th February 2006, 7:16 PM
The other anime I know of is Trinity Blood and Balisik.

Asrialys
14th February 2006, 3:51 AM
Imagine Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shambala in theaters before hitting stores...

Chris
14th February 2006, 3:56 AM
Before anyone jumps on this, the theatrical releases are LIMITED. Meaning they will NOT be at every theater. This is FUNimation's way of testing the waters with anime in theaters. This may also be the explanation why the Fullmetal movie has yet to be licensed.

You can view the current info at www.funimationfilms.com

MugenKeiji
14th February 2006, 4:19 AM
Anime is likely to hit theatres where I live, so I benefit from this as opposed to someone from say... Nebraska who might not be so lucky.

That Scary Clefairy
14th February 2006, 4:57 AM
Before anyone jumps on this, the theatrical releases are LIMITED. Meaning they will NOT be at every theater. This is FUNimation's way of testing the waters with anime in theaters. This may also be the explanation why the Fullmetal movie has yet to be licensed.

You can view the current info at www.funimationfilms.com

Yea it true since they said Local theater which i'm aware of. Just listing the others movie that will be there too. Though now that I think about this, most of the DB(Z) movies (not sure how they'll do Trinity Blood or Balisik) are pretty short for a movie to be in theater. I know for sure that movie 12 isn't that long.

Chris
14th February 2006, 5:57 AM
Hence why it's a double feature. :P Though I'm pretty sure they're also testing to see if it'd be nice to give DBZ a farewell with a bang by putting the last movie, Dragon Fist Explosion!! If Goku Won't Do It, Who Will?, in theaters.