PDA

View Full Version : First time training EV's

DarkSalamence
13th February 2006, 11:44 PM
K i read on the articles on the main site that after a while a stat can no longer be influenced because the stat is completly maxed out and will not go any highier even with more influence. In this case im training Salamence and i would like to know when its Attack will be maxed out, i've written a chart on my Salamences progress since being Lv5 Bagon with all the stat increases at each level. This is my problem as i would like to max Attack out completely on my Salamence to a badass 405ATK BUT i would also like to max out Speed. Some of you who have sussed EV's along time ago will be wondering what im asking of you well heres the problem, im training against pokemon that ONLY increase ATK (Primape, Machoke, Machamp) but ime still getting stat boosts for different stats, and because of this it has made me wonder if I could be getting boosts in Attack anyway + the Ev's boost aswell.Anyway incase your wondering here is the Salamence im hoping to create

Salamence
@Leftovers/Choice Band
Intimidate
Adamant
EV's:Attack:255/Speed:255
Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Earthquake

If i can get this cleared up this will not only benefit me but 3-4 of my friends as we will finally know how to properly EV train.

At this moment the biggest noob on the site :redface:
DarkSalamence

Tazzler
14th February 2006, 12:09 AM
Evs only work when its in multiples of four which 255 is not. 252 is the closet that can be divided by four. So take 2 from attack and 2 from speed and put them into hp. There are two leftover but those won't help anything. You can only get 405 attack if your salamence has 252 attack evs (check), + nature (check) and 31 in its attack iv which might be kind of hard to get unless you plan on breeding a lot.

aipomkong
14th February 2006, 12:13 AM
your other stats will still grow while you are giving it attack evs

your adamant salamence with 252 atk evs would have an attack anywhere between 371 - 405

with 252 speed it would be anywhere between 268 and 299

using 252 and not 255 doesn't effect the stats, and allows you to put 6 evs in another stat which will give you +1 point in that stat

ZNtelle
14th February 2006, 4:00 AM
If you're planning on using Leftovers like you indicated, you need to have Dragon Dance over Aerial Ace.

DarkSalamence
14th February 2006, 9:22 AM
K so how can i tell when I've maxed out ATK to 252 so that I can start to train up the Speed and HP?

ZNtelle
14th February 2006, 9:42 AM
See, you can't. Only way you can tell is if you keep track of each and every individual EV you accumulate.

Also, EV spreads are hard to set unless you have your Pokemon's IVs.

DarkSalamence
14th February 2006, 10:46 PM
Dos that mean I have to record every Machamp I fight x3 and every Primape x2? I think im beginning to understand now EV's aren't the stats it gains at the end of the levels its invisible and u can only tell wot u've gained if u record each battle near enuf, is that right?

ZNtelle
15th February 2006, 2:04 AM
That's right. It's not like there's a little drop-down chart where you can track accumulated EVs, or else no one would have a hard time understanding them. Yep, record every single EV you gain.

What I like to do is keep track of PP usage. What I mean is that I'll put the Pokemon in, switch it back out to a Pokemon whose EVs have already been maxed out, and KO the Pokemon. If something happens to hinder my chances of 100% landing the hit, I don't bother.