PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Pikachu

Shiny Rokon
13th February 2006, 11:10 PM
Just wondering, can you trade your yellow pikachu to red/blue and then evolve it with the thunder stone in red/blue and then trade it back to yellow version as a raichu?

RaZoR LeAf
13th February 2006, 11:32 PM
Yes. Though it will no longer follow you around, it becomes any old pokemon.

~Fire&Ice~
24th February 2006, 10:49 PM
You can also trade it to R/B and trade it back and then use Thunder Stone on it to make it evolve.

Guy
25th February 2006, 2:09 PM
I wonder why Nintendo lets you do that? I mean, Pikachu is the whole point of the game IMO.

Saph
28th February 2006, 8:23 AM
I wonder why Nintendo lets you do that? I mean, Pikachu is the whole point of the game IMO.That's probably why I hate Yellow.

RaZoR LeAf
28th February 2006, 11:33 AM
I wonder why Nintendo lets you do that? I mean, Pikachu is the whole point of the game IMO.

Actually the point of the game is to mimic the anime. Had the starter been anything else, it would be exactly the same, just with that pokemon in tow.

Aptenodytes
9th March 2006, 4:54 AM
Well, I don't really see the point in evolving Pikachu. That's probably the most unique thing about this particular game, and giving it up would ruin the fun o.O

pikachu_rocks19
21st March 2006, 10:16 PM
Yes i only did it one time... I made a bad mistake

The Organizer
29th March 2006, 9:02 PM
Yes, you can but when you trade it back it wont follow you.

pugman3000
29th March 2006, 11:41 PM
I would really advise against trading that pikachu, because the whole point of Yellow is for it to be like the anime. If you trade it and evolve it, it would ruin the Yellow experience for you. I know it did for me.

Shiny Rokon
30th March 2006, 3:19 AM
ok, thank you i won't :)

Shiny Heracross
30th March 2006, 3:31 AM
If I evolved my Pikachu and got a new one, would the new one follow me around?

pugman3000
30th March 2006, 3:34 AM
If I evolved my Pikachu and got a new one, would the new one follow me around?

No, only the original pikachu you started with will follow you. And if you trade that original pikachu and then trade it back, not even it will follow you.

Ze DreamGirl
2nd April 2006, 2:55 PM
Once thanks to the Mew trick I found a wild pikachu in Yellow...i put the old one in the PC and the new one followed me...

Magma Grunt Alex
2nd April 2006, 7:01 PM
I'm glad I never evolved my pikachu. I new how you can evolve him already, but Pikachu is the main point of the game.

Celebi251
13th April 2006, 11:23 PM
No, only the original pikachu you started with will follow you. And if you trade that original pikachu and then trade it back, not even it will follow you.

well, u no, if u trade it to g/s/c, it has an item called light ball. if u take it off and trade it bak to yellow, it will be like any other pokemon. and, if u give it 2 another pikachu, that one will follow u like the original

Charizard86
14th April 2006, 5:28 PM
I think that the Pikachu that follows you around has to have the same trainer number, so seeing as you can't catch wild Pikachu in Yellow that leaves just the one you begin with. The Pikachu probably needs the light ball as well though.

silver
14th April 2006, 5:36 PM
I wonder, if you shark a new pikachu and have your old one will both follow? im guessing it wont but maybe?

~Flareon~
16th April 2006, 8:46 AM
My answer is Yes, you can trade Pikachu to R/B and use the Thunder Stone to evolve your Pikachu into Raichu.

~Austin~
16th April 2006, 11:40 PM
Yeah, you can. But it will not follow you..... thats the bad part. But who would want to do that?

Opal Pikachu13
18th April 2006, 2:35 PM
I wouldn't do that. Just do that in R/B/G, don't do it in Yellow. I don't even know if I want to evolve my Green version Pikachu, for Pikachu is one of my favorite Pokemon. Why would Nintendo let you do that though, Yellow is close to being based on having Pikachu as a starter like the anime, trading Pikachu and evolving it into Raichu and putting it back on Yellow ruins that.

RaZoR LeAf
18th April 2006, 4:45 PM
Yeah, you can. But it will not follow you..... thats the bad part. But who would want to do that?

Someone who wants a stronger Raichu instead of weaker Pikachu perhaps?

I wouldn't do that. Just do that in R/B/G, don't do it in Yellow. I don't even know if I want to evolve my Green version Pikachu, for Pikachu is one of my favorite Pokemon. Why would Nintendo let you do that though, Yellow is close to being based on having Pikachu as a starter like the anime, trading Pikachu and evolving it into Raichu and putting it back on Yellow ruins that.

For the millionth time. You don't have to play yellow exactly the same every single time to switch it on. Yes you start with Pikachu and it follows the anime. But you don't HAVE to have Pikachu on every single team. The ability to evolve it is there for the people who might want to use a Raichu.

Blaziken Ruler
3rd May 2006, 11:47 AM
Its up to you.If you are content with a Pikachu then keep it.But if you want a Raichu For personal reasons or Pokedex Completion Just trade a Pikachu from a different version and train it hard and after about level 50 evolve it.{not needed for pokedex completion].It wont be hard to raise its level as traded pokemon get boosted experience.Dont do a Lt. Surge not teaching your Pikachu some good moves.

Magma Instinct
3rd May 2006, 12:35 PM
I never used Pikachu, I just got a butterfree to kill brock with Confusion. And then I got the best team ever!!!, with a lv. 7 Pikachu...

Ninetails
4th May 2006, 2:12 AM
I wonder, if you shark a new pikachu and have your old one will both follow? im guessing it wont but maybe?
Actually it's true. :) Both the original and sharked Pikachu will follow.

- Ninetails. ;038;

SUPER BLASTOISE
15th May 2006, 12:16 AM
im with him

Shock
18th May 2006, 3:11 PM
I think you are stupid if you even want to evolve pikachu on yellow. If you do, it's just like RB.

stizi
18th May 2006, 3:28 PM
here is a tip do not evolve pikachu

RaZoR LeAf
18th May 2006, 8:12 PM
Here's a tip. SPAM again and I'll warn you for it.

This goes to you SUPER BLASTOISE for your utterly pointless post, Shock for calling people stupid because they want to play a game how they want, and of course stizi for adding nothing to the topic with that post.

Ninetails
18th May 2006, 10:06 PM
Anyway, to get this thread back on topic. I'd like to mention that in a previous game pak I had used a gameshark on it to catch another Pikachu and the Pikachu I caught also followed me around.

I don't know what happens when a traded Pikachu holding a light ball is introduced into the game, though I plan to find out when I can get 150 Pokémon on my Crystal and can transfer my Pokémon from Stadium 2, where I have a level 5 male Pikachu holding a light ball.

- Ninetails. ;038;

Staryu
19th May 2006, 1:44 AM
It's so annoying when you follow it around..I'd definatly evolve it when it got to a high level..in Yellow I ditched my Pikachu around level 30 so that was out of the question.

EmbersBackUpSinger
19th May 2006, 1:44 AM
Yea. But i dosent follow you (this sucks)

BasiltheDragon
29th May 2006, 6:02 PM
I don't use Pikachu anyway and it's dumped into a box, and I don't care whether it evolves or not.

Liam-Kun
30th May 2006, 11:57 AM
Pikachu isn't even that good, or something, you can get better elec. pokemon

grim reaper
15th June 2006, 8:40 AM
yes you can but it wont follow you anymore

Flame-lord#01
18th June 2006, 8:19 PM
if you evolve pikachu then yellow jusd becomes like r/b/g having pikachu the way it is makes the game unique but if you want to get a raichu just get a pikachu on red/blue then trade it to yellow then evolve it after it's got the moveset you want.

SheWhoLovesPineapples
19th June 2006, 5:23 PM
Once my brother traded his Yellow Version Pikachu with his Crystal Version Pikachu so they could evolve each other's. Then the Crystal Version somehow deleted itself and Bavid and his Pikachu were seperated forever. Wah.

I have a question - will it still follow you around if you trade it, DON'T evolve it, and then trade it back?

Legendary Master
19th June 2006, 5:50 PM
Yes you can but it will no longer follow you.

~*Pikafan*~
25th June 2006, 12:36 PM
Once my brother traded his Yellow Version Pikachu with his Crystal Version Pikachu so they could evolve each other's. Then the Crystal Version somehow deleted itself and Bavid and his Pikachu were seperated forever. Wah.

I have a question - will it still follow you around if you trade it, DON'T evolve it, and then trade it back?
No, and SHE'll never listen to you again.

Phosphate
25th June 2006, 12:49 PM
Well, if you get surfing Pikachu, can you trade it to Red and Blue and still have it use Surf? And can you then evolve it into Raichu, who would then know surf?

Pokemon4Ever
25th June 2006, 8:39 PM
This has been answered but yes you can. It won't follow you though.

The Evil Angel Of Darkness
25th June 2006, 9:16 PM
So if you evolve Pikachu he/she will not fallow you anymore that's sad i'm not going to evolve my pikachu

Phosphate
26th June 2006, 2:07 PM
This has been answered but yes you can. It won't follow you though.
I was referring more to the Raichu with Surf, not about evolving Pikachu, so my question WASN'T answered already.

Goth_Guy
27th June 2006, 2:56 AM
Yellow is based off of the anime and in the anime the Pikachu is not supposed to evolve, so that is why you have to go through all of that trouble just to get it to evolve. But keep it as a Pikachu it can follow you around and you can talk to him/ her.

Kodan
29th June 2006, 1:55 PM
Trying to evole the original yellow pikachu will totally wreck your yellow version gaming expserience

SheWhoLovesPineapples
4th July 2006, 2:53 AM
No, and SHE'll never listen to you again.

How do you know "she"? Yellow Pokemon don't have gender, and if you trade it to GSC, the gender depends on if you put a gender sign in its name. Besides, Pokemon are called "it". That's just common knowledge.

Galatica Phantom
4th July 2006, 4:18 AM
OMG Guys look, if you trade or evolve pikachu, it will not follow you, period.

Mse Ownage
5th July 2006, 10:21 AM
pikachu is better when he don't evolve cause he learn:
tb and thunder much faster...

Dark Aerodactyl
5th July 2006, 12:28 PM
pikachu is better than raichu

Niteshocker613
8th July 2006, 1:37 PM
^Doesn't Pikachu get it's stats boosted when it evolves? At the right level, evolving the Pikachu is a good idea (not specificly the Yellow Pikachu, just Pikachu in general) when you get to a certain point in the game. Of course, you might be a Pika-lover and want to keep it. BTW, for that question about the surfing Pikachu, if you evolve it it will still have surf, and if the same code isn't on the other game, it will lose surf if you trade it. The code goes away if you aren't don't have the code on.