PDA

View Full Version : Are they really good friends?

Char1016
14th February 2006, 2:24 PM
So, anyone thought when will Ash leave Pikachu or when will Pikachu leave Ash?
They traveled together for a very long time and seems that they are really good friends and they will always be together.
Maybe in new episodes that aren't shown, Ash will leave Pikachu and start a new adventure himself. (Maybe he catches a new pokemon from D/P or maybe he keeps Pikachu anymore).

kaibachaoschampion
14th February 2006, 3:08 PM
Pikachu will never leave Ash, lol. The show would go downhill. Otherwise he would have left it when he went to Hoenn like he did the other Pokémon.

Lupin
14th February 2006, 4:42 PM
Pikachu was Ash's first pokemon so he will never leave Ash. They have that "special bond" that all trainers get with their first pokemon.

Plus if Pikachu did leave, the dub version will lose its marketing symbol

Jesse GS the II
14th February 2006, 5:16 PM
Pikachu's too marketable to be written off the show. No matter how much we Americans whine about how he's annoying, the Japanese know better than to get rid of him.

Dogasu
14th February 2006, 6:09 PM
Plus if Pikachu did leave, the dub version will lose its marketing symbol

That Japanese version would lose its marketing symbol as well -_-

typhlo
14th February 2006, 6:12 PM
pikachu might leave ash but noone would watch pokemon as much i personally dont really like pikachu

Silver Ryu
14th February 2006, 7:36 PM
Yeah, Pikachu will never leave. Whine and b*tch about it all you want, but Pika is staying.

It might be annoying sometimes, but I generally like it.

ChaosMage
14th February 2006, 7:43 PM
As pokemon go, Pikachu and Meowth are the last dangling threads of the original series. Neither are ever likely to leave.

Char1016
14th February 2006, 8:46 PM
Ok, thanks. I thought like this too since almost everyone likes Pikachu, and it is Ash's best friend.

Lupin
14th February 2006, 9:59 PM
Ok, thanks. I thought like this too since almost everyone likes Pikachu, and it is Ash's best friend.

Actually, about 80% of the fan population hate Pikachu

Jason Park
14th February 2006, 11:02 PM
I don't think it's likely because they are best pals. Gees, I just wish Ash would evolve Pikachu. >.<

Jesse GS the II
14th February 2006, 11:07 PM
I don't think it's likely because they are best pals. Gees, I just wish Ash would evolve Pikachu. >.<

Well, that won't happen either, so you might as well let it go.

Lil Brother
15th February 2006, 12:17 AM
Actually, about 80% of the fan population hate Pikachu...who makes up these stupid percentages, anyway?

Lots of people like Pikachu. It's cute and cool-looking in a Digimon way. And it's nowhere near as super-uber as everyone says. So it sends Team Rocket lasting off again every other episode. Whoo-hoo. Hot dog vendor carts can do that. Pikachu loses a lot in things like gym battles. The only reason it beat Drake's Dragonite was becasue of the team effort that damaged it beforehand.

Yeah, people whine because they hate anything they see a lot of, but Pikachu's really a good mascot in a lot of peoples' eyes.

[/RANT]

But, yeah, I doubt Pikachu will be going bye-bye in the forseeable future. But who knows what kind of "wtf?!" plot twists the writers could do at the end of the series?

Aptenodytes
15th February 2006, 1:47 AM
Pikachu is staying, but it would be fun to see Ash with a Pichu (Maybe he will mate o.O) or a Raichu.

pikachu!
15th February 2006, 2:06 AM
pikachu will never leave if pikachu would leave the show would mess up..

Krod
15th February 2006, 2:40 AM
I don't think he'll leave, but pikachu should have evolved a long time ago, kinda like meowth

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
15th February 2006, 3:37 AM
I wouldn't want Pikachu to leave, and it's not gonna even if I wanted it to.

Personally, I like Pikachu. Apart from being a very capable battler(TRUTH. DON'T DENY IT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT), Pikachu is a marketing symbol. However many people dislike the little guy, a lot more adore it. I don't see why not. It's a decent-looking Pokémon, and a bit more noteworthy than some random Pokémon like Gastly or Exeggcute -_-

Also, people who hate Pikachu just because it's popular need to get over themselves, IMO. Opposing popular things is seen as some Uber-cool tactic nowadays. Most people just do it because they want to be different. IMO, at least, it's really idiotic and woeful attempt at garnering attention. It's pretty much the same thing with iPods. They work, people like them, so why bother hating them just to be unique, individual, or whatever sort of half-arsed excuse you want to come up with?

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Jesse GS the II
15th February 2006, 4:14 AM
I don't think he'll leave, but pikachu should have evolved a long time ago, kinda like meowth

Either you think the anime works in the same way as the games, or you just want everything to be different. In either case, you're not getting your wish either.

Face it, folks, Pikachu's always gonna be a main character. Who cares if you don't like him? It's just a show, you should really just relax.

ChaosMage
15th February 2006, 11:58 AM
At the end of the day, who likes Pikachu the most? Who buys the merchandise? Who gives the best ratings? Small children. We're not really part of the grand scheme, which is a shame.

kaibachaoschampion
16th February 2006, 1:27 AM
...who makes up these stupid percentages, anyway?

You know, thats a good point. I think its just guessing lol.

The Phantom Thief
16th February 2006, 3:34 AM
Pikachu isn't going anywhere. Period!

Yamato-san
16th February 2006, 1:02 PM
At the end of the day, who likes Pikachu the most? Who buys the merchandise? Who gives the best ratings? Small children. We're not really part of the grand scheme, which is a shame.

Hey, quite a few teen-age fans like the guy as well. I myself find Pikachu to be a pretty cute Pokemon, and I can understand the decision to make it, of all Pokemon, the franchise's mascot. Hell, I once made a poll asking if Pikachu's popularity is justified, and quite a few users agreed with me.

Jesse GS the II
16th February 2006, 6:18 PM
You know, thats a good point. I think its just guessing lol.

Ah, people can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forfty percent of all people know that.

prof.marlon
18th February 2006, 6:16 PM
Ash will never leave pikachu and pikachu will never leave ash, they have an special friendship thats will keep they togheter for a long time, probaly they entire life ^^ , an old guy and a old pikachu.

Geki
21st February 2006, 3:13 AM
Ash and Pikachu should and will stay together forever. I might stop watching the anime if anything changed that seperated them.

MarcmenX
21st February 2006, 3:59 AM
Pikachu+Ash=LOVERS

... What? >.>

Encyclopika
21st February 2006, 4:00 AM
Pikachu+Ash=LOVERS

... What? >.>
Tis believable. >.>
But Pikachu and Ash are like...the symbols of Pokemon - without one the other is crap.

Desert_Rose
21st February 2006, 4:04 AM
Pikachu will never leave just like Team Rocket will never stop trying to capture it.