PDA

View Full Version : A presentation on SPP for College

Gaiash
14th February 2006, 4:00 PM
Yep, I'm going to get graded on talking about SPP to my class mates. So why the topic you ask? Well I would like some members to say alittle bit about SPP for me to mention. I will indeed say they are quotes from you and it would be better to get something from someone whos been here awhile maybe some mods if I'm lucky because newer members arn't going to have much to say.

Thank you for you're help

MaskedManAbsolkid
14th February 2006, 5:18 PM
If you want, I may be able to give a few lines on this place. PM me if you accept.

Also, good luck on it.

MondoTR
14th February 2006, 6:14 PM
Anything specific you want us to talk about or just SPPf in general? Either way, PM me and I'll try to help. ^_^

zeppelin
14th February 2006, 10:19 PM
erm mabye the number of members.

Waterlight
14th February 2006, 10:35 PM
I can help, I've been here quite a while. Drop me a PM, also~

Jetx
14th February 2006, 10:37 PM
PM me too, I wanna talk about SPP! ^_^

Gaiash
14th February 2006, 11:14 PM
you can post your comments here if you have any

Locke Yggdrasill
14th February 2006, 11:42 PM
Perhaps mention the ammount of members, the ammount of forums( including the three(?) staff forums), and threads, and possibly posts. Be sure to ask a few members how they would rate you, as a member, and stuff.
You could talk about the n00b-normal member, member-excellent member ratio, which is about 1-20, and the last one is about all of the members here compared to about 100. e.e;

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
15th February 2006, 12:13 AM
SPPF is one of the last safe places for pokemon lovers to express their joy about it in secret.... Pokemon nearly went extinct when the revolution killed many supporters... but now it's coming back.

and no, i'm not exaggerating anything. SPPF is one of the few forums that has a new member every day, and pokemon fans are persecuted for supporting this... when new fads arosed, everyone ditched pokemon, hence a sort of revolution. the few that stuck to it eventually gathered enough supporters, and we wait for the next uprising...

Alfonso
15th February 2006, 12:17 AM
Revolution?

I guessed I must have missed the time when Pokemon became a country.

Naetoru & Stitch
15th February 2006, 12:51 AM
Explain how succesful it is here!!!

Juputoru
15th February 2006, 1:31 AM
Talk about how Juputoru is the greatest member of SPPf :p *shot*

Meh, I say you should say something about how this place has heaps and gobs of information about just about everything Pokemon, from the manga to the anime to the TCG to the games. I'd also say something about how SPP has been around for a while - I know it was definately around in 2001; although I know it was around for some time before then, I can't remember excatly when it started >_>

On the forum side of things, it couldn't hurt to mention the Debate forum and the interesting discussions that pop up within. (I lurk there. A lot. But I'm too timid to post :P) And you could mention some of the more well-known and generally respected members, such as Alfonso, Himiko, Edward Elric, Serebii(duh), Eternal, Josherific, Gravy, That Scary Clefairy, etc. You could also mention some of the more...infamous...members, such as HCA.

Mequuh
15th February 2006, 1:40 AM
You could explain how SPPF is more than a pogeymawn forum. Its a community. You learn more and more about the members here.. Its a place to talk about really anything.. You can talk about politics or sharing friend codes for Animal Crossing :p. I really like it here. Its the people here that are the reason I come back and post. I just find you all very intresting. *shrugs*

Nny
15th February 2006, 2:16 AM
*Hides the gun.

The name is frink. I have been on the chatroom for a few months and I like everyone from that room. ;_; Well anyways you should tell about the different types of people who go there. We have different people from all over the world from there. How no matter how different you are, you can make a friend with someone? >_> <_<

Im not good at anything :<

MidnightScott
15th February 2006, 3:44 AM
Serebii Forums is a message board for Pokémon fans across the world to discuss everything about there hobby. It has over 5000 members and over a million posts and constantly gains new members everyday. It has several discussions and even its own RPG. SPPF is the place to discuss all things Pokémon.

Something along the lines of that maybe? Hope I helped somehow.

~Scott;229;

Angeling
15th February 2006, 6:26 AM
And adding to that, you can add in the different ages of members that join SPPf.. and the moderators. Though different interests, we all come together as one big happy community.

Maybe not exactly, but you know what I mean. And just how SPPf is not just for Pokemon fans, but also for a lot of variety of things. Different people you can meet, the n00bs getting owned, etcetc.

Sonozaki Maya
15th February 2006, 9:52 AM
I have to admit, through my near-3 year experience of going to SPPf, I've noticed that a lot has changed, you could explain about the growth of the community, since opening at ~1999 (Could someone confirm this?), and like others have said, about how SPPf is more than just a place for fans of Pokemon to communicate with one another, but about the more lateral side of things, such as the debates, the video game discussions, the discussion on other recent happenings as well. You should mention how it can form as a kind of hub for a variety of things. There is also a Chat Room available for real-time communication, and new people come and go every day, with statistics that seem over the top, such as 1 million+ Posts, 5000+ members, etc.

Kaimorse
15th February 2006, 1:06 PM
You could also mention some of the more...infamous...members, such as HCA.
How is she "infamous"?

What compelled you to do a presentation on a Pokémon forum? Won't you get picked on?

Fluorescent Adolescent
15th February 2006, 1:17 PM
You may want to mention the different parts of the forum and what respectable members reside their most. You know like Alfonso in the anime sections, 0mastar in RMT sections, ID in debate forum etc.

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
15th February 2006, 2:24 PM
Serebii.net is a huge pokemon site that gives fans alot of info.

Serebiiforums.com is the best place to talk anything Pokemon and help get new fans!

Angeling
15th February 2006, 7:38 PM
How is she "infamous"?

What compelled you to do a presentation on a Pokémon forum? Won't you get picked on?

For her emotastic behavior before pairing up with you. Or over Eddy.

Maybe he's just interested in SPPf (or SPP) and wants to do a presentation for it. The topic DID say it is for college, and college students SHOULD be more mature, though I know it's not always like that. And, if using the information given by everyone and mentioning the respectable members, why are people going to laugh? Oh, laugh at older members also liking Pokémon and SPPf.. And as forementioned many times, SPPf is not just for Pokémon fans. SPP.net may be, but SPPf is the forums.

But yes, the other suggestions are good.. How diverse we can be, err.. and devoted the staff are to doing their jobs, to keeping the place tidy. ((Argue all you want, but I personally think it is better not to here.))

Nny
15th February 2006, 8:46 PM
Hey what about how Joe is how a good webmaster? After all he does try his best to get us information that other websites recieve at a later time. And even though when Joe is sick or something he still tries to gives us information and apoligizes for the incovinice. He also spends a lot of money on trying to keep his website and the forums so we can enjoy them. :<
So that would be a great presentation on how a good webmaster should be and how hard of a job it is and whatnot. :<

Joe Vega #4
17th February 2006, 4:23 AM
A report on SPPf? *wonders if we can experience a MAJOR member boom* M'kay.

SPPf holds the record of the most users on at one time on the forum totaling 880. It has almost 8,000 members and a portion of them tend to be idiots who think it is a giant chatroom, when it is really a message board with topic sections. It currently has over 25,000 topics and over a MILLION posts. It has things such as threads to help you get around SPPf and various other things that might help with life, like the Official Advice Thread 2.0. It has RPG Forums as well. If what I see is correct, they currently have 50+ Moderators, Moderator +'s, Super Moderators, and Administrators.

Kaimorse
18th February 2006, 1:41 AM
For her emotastic behavior before pairing up with you. Or over Eddy.She is not, and has never been emo. I knew her long before I paired up with her. Why don't you ask her?

Eszett
18th February 2006, 1:56 AM
If you are presenting SPP, I would suggest mentioned the administration of Joe and the design of the site, the contributions from the news reporters for the site (such as Limerick, Coronis, etc.), the comprehensiveness of its information, and especially its historical feuds with Bulbagarden and Smogon, in particular the more direct Joe x (Archaic + Chaos) tensions.

If you are discussing SPPf, I'd go about mentioning Joe's administration of the site, the most prominent members here (I would suggest noting members in different areas, while some are very well-known in their staple sections, they may not be as well known in other areas of the forum), the moderators and super moderators and those in between, the notoriety these forums possess at SPPf and Bulbapedia/Smogon, and of course the whole gamut of topics we discuss here. For the members, be sure to signify why they are notable.

Fatal
18th February 2006, 2:54 AM
She is not, and has never been emo. I knew her long before I paired up with her. Why don't you ask her?

We don't need to ask anyone. We already know what is true and the point stands, whether you want to believe it or not. :/

Anyhow, Gaiash, pm me if you want a comment, etc.

-Fatal

Gaiash
18th February 2006, 1:52 PM
I've done the presentation now, thanks for all your help

Mamoru
23rd February 2006, 3:10 AM
If you are presenting SPP, I would suggest mentioned the administration of Joe and the design of the site, the contributions from the news reporters for the site (such as Limerick, Coronis, etc.), the comprehensiveness of its information, and especially its historical feuds with Bulbagarden and Smogon, in particular the more direct Joe x (Archaic + Chaos) tensions.

If you are discussing SPPf, I'd go about mentioning Joe's administration of the site, the most prominent members here (I would suggest noting members in different areas, while some are very well-known in their staple sections, they may not be as well known in other areas of the forum), the moderators and super moderators and those in between, the notoriety these forums possess at SPPf and Bulbapedia/Smogon, and of course the whole gamut of topics we discuss here. For the members, be sure to signify why they are notable.

And that's only just covering the past 2-3 years. Don't forget things like my actually being Serebii's right hand man before I left to bring back Bulbagarden, or the feuds Joe had with other sites (most notably PokéFor) over stolen content (and I'll put in the disclaimer that Joe doesn't so that anymore, just before someone wants to rip me a new one over bringing it up).

Really depends just how far back this guy wants to go, I guess. I don't think Serebii really hit the big times until....2002? Maybe late 2001. After Bulbagarden and TPM collapsed anyway.