PDA

View Full Version : Is manaphy in ranger?

navel_fluff
15th February 2006, 1:03 PM
Ok I hope this isn't seen as spamming seeing as this site has become so strict lately but I found this picture of pokemon ranger and it has the manaphy egg in it.

http://www.filb.de/content/news/upload/20060215_rangerscoop.jpg

Here is my opinion: What if manaphy is theequivalent of mew/jirachi/celebi for the new generation and the extras that were talked about that you get when you link ranger to diamond/pearl is the ability to download manaphy to your diamond/pearl game. Please bear in mind that was just my opinion.

FabuVinny
15th February 2006, 2:07 PM
It's possible. We know that Ranger is linkable to Diamond and Pearl and Jirachi was obtained in the third generation with Pokémon Channel.

Brandon-kun
15th February 2006, 2:10 PM
i think it is in Ranger but I think it might be a legendary.

Alastor DMc
16th February 2006, 2:02 AM
I would say, maybe, except it seems rather odd to release the ability to get Manaphi before the games even come out, you know? Jirachi wasn't available to R/S till about a year after they came out. (In America we got a bonus disk for pre-ordering Coloseum)

Team Gamma Leader Bryan
17th February 2006, 9:03 PM
I think that The Pokemon ranger name Is based on the movie or greatly tied In some kind of way,Thus manify May be in the game and also Obtainible> 1 more thing Is that Manify may not be the new mew.jirachi,celebi,Since Deoxys came last after Jirachi,Manify may be one of the Trio of legends like the water type;munchlax;

Aikou Bupiggu
17th February 2006, 9:12 PM
The game is based on the anime? Get your facts right. The movie of the anime is based on the games =/

All we really know is that the mysterious egg is in the game =/

Buhbye for now.

Metal Force
3rd March 2006, 3:53 PM
I think you'll see manafi but I don't think that we'll be able to catch him even so it must be hard cause he's a legendairy

Bulk
3rd March 2006, 6:00 PM
I think you'll see manafi but I don't think that we'll be able to catch him even so it must be hard cause he's a legendairy
Ditto. I think this is much more likely. It's almost certain that Manaphy is the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi equivilant so it wont be opbtainable for a while (hopefully over the internet/Wi-Fi)

zuloon
3rd March 2006, 6:28 PM
I think since it's a new game, we'll see all the new pokemon. But then again, maybe not, because I don't think MD has the new pokemon in it.

MidnightScott
7th March 2006, 5:28 AM
Ok I hope this isn't seen as spamming seeing as this site has become so strict lately but I found this picture of pokemon ranger and it has the manaphy egg in it.

http://www.filb.de/content/news/upload/20060215_rangerscoop.jpg

Here is my opinion: What if manaphy is theequivalent of mew/jirachi/celebi for the new generation and the extras that were talked about that you get when you link ranger to diamond/pearl is the ability to download manaphy to your diamond/pearl game. Please bear in mind that was just my opinion.

Nintendo did mention that Ranger will link together with Diamond & Pearl.

I think that is a really good speculation - I wouldn't be surprised if you are right. Nice thinking. :)

~Scott;229;

Omega Pirate
7th March 2006, 5:29 AM
Apparantly, Manaphy is found in an egg on the beach in ranger, if its that easy to get then maybe it isn't a legendary?;194;

Mew-100
7th March 2006, 8:28 PM
Apparantly, Manaphy is found in an egg on the beach in ranger, if its that easy to get then maybe it isn't a legendary?;194;

IT probobly is, cause that may be VERY later in the game where the pic is, ;manafi; this dude IS ledgendary!

Char1016
10th March 2006, 11:00 PM
I think that Manaphy will not be in Ranger because in all of those screentshots from Pokemon Ranger we never saw a 4th generation one, if Manaphy is in Ranger, the others should be there for sure. I think that Manaphy egg should be tranfered to D/P and then to hatch it or do anything with it because you can't catch it in D/P. :P.

Geki
13th March 2006, 4:27 AM
It's possible. We know that Ranger is linkable to Diamond and Pearl and Jirachi was obtained in the third generation with Pokémon Channel.

That's one way of obtaining Jirachi. If you pre-ordered Colosseum in the US, you get a special edition Jirachi disc. I have tons of Jirachi, I kept restarting my Ruby and getting Jirachi's.

Caterpie Master
16th March 2006, 5:38 PM
Manafi is going to be in Ranger, but you can only get the manafi special mission if you pre-order your tickets for the 9th movie.
So, it's quite legendary, just like jirachi etc.

Fire-Fist Ace
14th April 2006, 12:25 AM
Manaphi is going to be in Pokemon Ranger, but I think to get it you have to see th 8th movie first in Japan.

RK454
15th April 2006, 1:17 PM
Manaphi is going to be in Pokemon Ranger, but I think to get it you have to see th 8th movie first in Japan.
I think you will probally have to preorder ranger to get the mission just like you had to collseum, you had to preorder it to get jirchi. Also It never said you get to keep the egg sence Its stolen!,on the other had you do get capture dexoys on the other mission.

Silent Conversation
29th April 2006, 12:17 AM
Manafi is in Ranger. You have to do a special mission to get it.

'nough said.

navel_fluff
12th May 2006, 6:12 PM
Thought it might be a good time to bring this thread back around. I love it when I'm right.

Levski
12th May 2006, 7:59 PM
Well it's confirmed here's the link: Manafi Egg (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/manafi.shtml)
It doesn't say anything about pre-ordering or watching movies...

zonic the hedgehog
12th May 2006, 8:25 PM
Well it's confirmed here's the link: Manafi Egg (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/manafi.shtml)
It doesn't say anything about pre-ordering or watching movies...

Ah, so apparently you need 2 DS systems and a copy of Diamond or Pearl in one of them...

Well, I have most of that covered, so all I need to do is wait for Diamond and Pearl to come out. ^__^

Levski
12th May 2006, 8:50 PM
Ah, so apparently you need 2 DS systems and a copy of Diamond or Pearl in one of them...

Well, I have most of that covered, so all I need to do is wait for Diamond and Pearl to come out. ^__^

Well, I just saw that in another thread Coronis said that iyou have to watch the 9th movie or something like that...I would be amazed if they would have given us Manafi just like that, without any events :(

Blazichu
13th May 2006, 11:26 AM
Yes, you can get Manafi in ranger but you need to complete the Manafi mission by beating team GoGo and collecting the Manafi egg

Levski
13th May 2006, 4:57 PM
From this link on the official Japanese website, you can read that in order to unlock the secret Deoxys and Egg of Manafi W(double) missions, you must preorder the ticket for the 9th movie, which will come together with the W-mission coupon/ticket.

It also states that the coupon is used between Jun 17-24, and further details of this event will be released later.

Having Ranger myself, I can assure you that the Manafi/Deoxys missions are not part of normal gameplay and are not even mentioned the slightest bit. Completion of the normal gameplay comes after you capture Snorlax, the last of the 210 obtainables in Ranger, which rewards you with a completion emblem on your profile.
This pretty much clears it up. Too bad :(

[AceAussie]
15th May 2006, 1:26 PM
Manafi is going to be in Ranger, but you can only get the manafi special mission if you pre-order your tickets for the 9th movie.
So, it's quite legendary, just like jirachi etc.

and what about all the people that can't pre order tickets???

cxoa
15th May 2006, 3:39 PM
From what i can make out its one of the hardest pokemon to obtain. You need to have the Manafi mission enabled on ranger (via some nintendo wizardry) you then need to complete the mission, and trade to diamond and pearl. I can see it being a Japanese exclusive for a long time to come!

[AceAussie]
16th May 2006, 2:02 PM
yeah japs have all the good stuff