PDA

View Full Version : Rerelease of season 1 DVD?

Dragonking
17th February 2006, 1:09 AM
Since Vic media just released p advanced into a 20 episode box set vol 1. I was wondering if they were gonna put season one into volumes of 20 or 30 like the master quest box set. Same goes for the johto region after the orange islands. Just wondering because i don't want to spend the time looking for the 26 5-7 episode volumes that are six years old.

Edit: Correction 3 episodes each volume instead of 5-7

Jason Park
17th February 2006, 1:42 AM
It's not likely in a near future. I fortunately have all of the earlier DVDs (except several from Johto league) and now, it's pretty much impossible to find them. You might be able to find some on eBay, but be prepared to empty your wallet. >.<

I believe Master Quest was only released in boxsets in North America. Advanced Boxsets and Master Quest boxsets are quite cheap because Pokemon isn't popular as it used to be (IMO). Even if the first season gets released in boxsets, will the price be still low just like other boxsets? I mean for season 1, individual volumes easily costed over $20 each (for some I paid lower, for some I paid higher) and that really killed my wallet.

It's possible that it might get rereleased in boxsets later on though. Does Viz still have license to all Pokemon episodes?

Geki
21st February 2006, 2:16 AM
I think maybe when the series end they will release box sets, but no time soon I don't think. There is an Orange Islands set of three with the whole saga that I have, it's not a bad deal.

jolteonjak
21st February 2006, 4:10 AM
God I hope they put more than 3 freakin episodes on a DVD and release them. It might actually be worth buying at that point then.

nekusagi
22nd February 2006, 9:15 PM
It would be nice... Indigo League is considered to be the best season to most fans of the show. But sadly, nothing. Amazon has the tapes and DVDs, though (and I prefer the tapes, since they have the Pikachu art on the spines... as for screenshots, that's what Heracross is for.)
As for the whine about 3 episodes for tape, 3-4 eps is the average for anime releases, whether VHS or DVD.

Jason Park
23rd February 2006, 5:58 AM
It would be nice... Indigo League is considered to be the best season to most fans of the show. But sadly, nothing. Amazon has the tapes and DVDs, though (and I prefer the tapes, since they have the Pikachu art on the spines... as for screenshots, that's what Heracross is for.)
As for the whine about 3 episodes for tape, 3-4 eps is the average for anime releases, whether VHS or DVD.
Yup, 3 to 4 episodes per disc is average. At least recent Pokemon DVD releases are much cheaper than most of anime DVDs. Bad thing about tape is that they take up much more shelf space and they don't last a long time. DVDs can basically last forever as long as they are not damaged.

P.S. DVDs also have Pikachu arts on spines.

Here: http://xs65.xs.to/pics/06044/mydvdcollection.jpg (my unupdated picture of my DVDs. I have all Pokemon movies now.)

Dragonking
23rd February 2006, 6:35 AM
I know that they do 3 episode each volume. I've collected almost all of the DB,DBZ,and DBGT volumes. Most having three and others with four. It's just away to get money.

Freedom
23rd February 2006, 11:03 AM
They should release all of season one on a dvd boxset or even one with uncut japanese episodes which would definitely sell better. I really miss the indigo eps.

kaibachaoschampion
23rd February 2006, 1:27 PM
They should release all of season one on a dvd boxset or even one with uncut japanese episodes which would definitely sell better. I really miss the indigo eps.

Indeed they should. That will never happen, 4Kids+Uncut=Will never happen.

I would love to see subbed Pokémon...

nekusagi
23rd February 2006, 9:15 PM
4Kids+Uncut=Will never happen.

Uhh, no, it can. I'd like to think that someone with the username "kaibachaoschampion" would know that the first season of Yu Gi Oh was released uncut. They also released Shaman King uncuts, and I'm hearing rumors of One Piece ones. Considering that the edits done to Pokemon were minor, like paint and whatnot, it wouldn't cost that much to go through and undo them, just use the un-painted ones with the original voice tracks.

Also, Mewtwo Returns was more or less completely uncut, which leads me to believe that most edits they do to the show are either required by the FCC or requested by WB.

And Jason... Escaflowne... drools. Where did you get all your Pokemon DVDs?

kaibachaoschampion
23rd February 2006, 10:45 PM
Uhh, no, it can. I'd like to think that someone with the username "kaibachaoschampion" would know that the first season of Yu Gi Oh was released uncut.

Yes I am aware of those DVD's, when they stopped producing them however I lost complete faith in 4Kids.

Dogasu
24th February 2006, 2:54 PM
Uhh, no, it can. I'd like to think that someone with the username "kaibachaoschampion" would know that the first season of Yu Gi Oh was released uncut. They also released Shaman King uncuts, and I'm hearing rumors of One Piece ones. Considering that the edits done to Pokemon were minor, like paint and whatnot, it wouldn't cost that much to go through and undo them, just use the un-painted ones with the original voice tracks.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. 4Kids only released three volumes of YGO Uncut, and each volume only has three episodes on it. Nine episodes is a far cry from the entire "first season." A fourth DVD is supposedly in the works for an April release, but 4Kids has pushed the release dates of these things so much that I"ll only believe it when I see it.

Shaman King has about two volumes out. Which is pretty sad when they started releasing uncut DVD's back in 2004. Two DVD's a year is hardly anything worth cheering about.

And the One Piece unedited DVD's? Not coming. We're only getting the edited-for-TV dub at the moment. And even if we did get an uncut release, it'd probably feature dubtitles, just like the other two.

Also, Mewtwo Returns was more or less completely uncut, which leads me to believe that most edits they do to the show are either required by the FCC or requested by WB.

All of the cuts made to "Mewtwo Returns" was to make the TV Special flow more like a movie.

Dragonking
28th February 2006, 9:16 PM
I wouldn't mind a special dvd including the legend of dratini episode and some of the other banned epi.