PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh! Original Card Game Duel Monsters - March 1st Forbidden/Restriction List

Phaedra
17th February 2006, 3:22 PM
This is 100% confirmed. The Forbidden List changes are as follows:

Banned:
Victory Dragon (OCG)
Cyber Jar
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Pot of Greed
Dark Hole
Exchange of the Spirit
Time Seal
Last Turn

Restricted to 1:
Dandelion (OCG)
DDA
Mask of Darkness
Treeborn Frog
Temple of the Kings (OCG; the card that works with Serket)
Graceful Charity
Pot of Avarice
Mining for Magical Stones (OCG)
Last Will
Level Limit - Area B
Mirror Force
Drop Off

Semi-restricted:
Magician of Faith
Reflect Bounder
Apprentice Magician
Deck Devastation Virus

Unrestricted:
Abyss Soldier

Thoughts later.

~RaikouRider243~
17th February 2006, 3:29 PM
Limited to 1
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

PLEASE NO. NOT HIM. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO. We don't need him floating around any more. NO MORE CHAOS SPAMMING PLZ UDE.

Cyber Dragon
A bit extreme, but I'm cool with it. Two is ideal.

Spirit Reaper
About damn time!

Cyber-Stein
Cyber Dragon's incluence will officially leave the metagame. ^_^

Sinister Serpent
Whee, now I don't have to worry about conserving my hand as much anymore.

Brain Control
Should have been ****ing limited when it was released.

Pot of Avarice
Avarice spam is stupid as hell. We don't need to see it.

Last Turn
Wall of Revealing Light
Who uses this OTK anymore? There are faster OTKs out there anyway. And why limit Wall of Revealing Light without limiting Inspection? 0_o

Mirror Force
Banning Dark Hole and not bringing this back is beyond nuts.

Off List
Emergency Provisions
There was no reason for that tom foolery.

Phaedra
17th February 2006, 3:52 PM
Try again.

Raito
17th February 2006, 10:35 PM
This was different from the one at 9:30 Central Time today... Checking back on Pojo now...

Aquadon
17th February 2006, 11:39 PM
I'm OK with this list. However, there's one thing I don't like. Mirror Force. But that's becuase I lost my old one.

However, if Tewart stays true to what he did last list, the TCG list will be different. Hopefully, Dark Hole will replace Mirror Force here (just my personal hope). Unless Mirror Force is in the 2006 Starter deck...

NEO GOHAN
18th February 2006, 12:46 AM
this is just the CHANGES, right? dang, I saw that list and 1st thing I thought was, "BLS is back!!! YAH!!!" then I realized both he and CED weren't on that list... I was so hoping I could use BLS again, but then again, there are alot of whiners who would complain if I used him too much... :( oh well, if it will keep those guys happy.

Erus Black Mage
18th February 2006, 1:03 AM
atleast most of the cards in my old deck are unbanned but pog is still banned

Haruka's Swimsuit
18th February 2006, 2:41 AM
Why is everyone flipping out about a new OCG banlist? Start ruining your pants when there's a TCG announcement.

EDIT: From a personal perspective, supposing that some of these changes did occur in the TCG; I don't imagine I'd be that broken up. Then again, there were a handful of changes out of left field last time that I had me ready to spit blood- so let's just see what happens...

hi 5
21st February 2006, 12:00 AM
So is this advanced or traditional?

Raito
21st February 2006, 1:07 AM
Adv.............

cheekie3
22nd February 2006, 6:08 PM
Well i think this list is ok, however ours in likely to be quite different.
But if we were to have the same list as this, i don't think it will affect our meta to much and that the top tier cc decks will most proberly stay the same.

Love Hina Fan
24th February 2006, 2:48 AM
They have done several things with this list, namely:
1.Raped my Uria Deck to the point of no return.
2.Killed off my Yomilion-tei.
3.Screwed over those damned V-Dragon Lock Decks.
4.They are beating a dead horse into mush by banning GenMei and restricting Ohke no Shinden.
5.Made Dark World Decks more playable.
6.Apprentice to two made my Spellcaster useless.
7.Beating the mushy dead horse into oblivion by banning Time Seal, restricting Drop Off and Mask of Darkness.
8.Made a format where Gadget will dominate for a long time...
That is all.

FireKero!
24th February 2006, 2:55 AM
Ya. saw this on pojo last week. I'm not that surprised. But hey, snot happens. If BLS makes a return...well there is Karma Cut, Sakeratsu, DDA, Mirror Force, Dark Core etc.

But why bring back Mirror Force and not restrict Sakeratsu? Sakeratsu Armour is what replaced Mirror Force, but having both together? Goodness. First they hurt Cyber-Stien (which I really don't care for) and now the trap line-ups are gonna be so wonky.

...hey, does this mean it's safe to be running so-card decks, with 25-29 monster slots?

The Requiem
24th February 2006, 5:44 AM
Ugh...damnit if I hear "Graceful is gonna make Dark World Tier 1" one more time...

Dark World only REALLY shines its best when your opponent jacks your hand. If they get their aggro effect off, big freaking whoop. If you get an aggro effect PLUS murkage of field/hand, then you are expanding your business.

If you manage to drop 2 2300s with a Graceful, you deserve to win...that is NOT gonna happen often.

And what idiot loses a match to a direct shot from V-Dragon. If you are gonna take a gamending shot, you dont LET IT HIT YOU...

YOU USE YOUR BRAIN, SCOOP, AND SIDEBOARD. End of story. Too bad people dont think of that.

Im not exactly seeing how Uria got raped...

Im also not seeing how having one less apprentice killed your caster deck. GIVE ME A BREAK, USE THE SECOND FAITH...

New list time makes my head hurt...ugh.

Haruka's Swimsuit
24th February 2006, 6:10 AM
Im not exactly seeing how Uria got raped...

Maybe he uses Mask of Darkness heavily?

The Requiem
25th February 2006, 6:41 AM
Brain Control
Should have been ****ing limited when it was released.

I forgot to lol at the fact that this card is far from broken..theres no reason to limit the braintaking..anyone who runs three is a fool, and 2 is pushing it outside of soul control or some SC hybrid. Yeah, lets waste time restricting that,

Yeah, okay, 1 mask of darkness...no reason to use that heavily. Especially when you have Death Calibre Knight. Sexy thing..

Love Hina Fan
25th February 2006, 7:43 PM
@Orochi, was that directed towards me? Cuz I didnt say that DW will be tier 1, I said it has become more playable, because as of now, it is tier 2 at max, and will be maybe 1.5 after Graceful's unban, but still not nearly as good as people seem to think.

Uria can't be used anymore with one Shinden left, not so much as the Mask part.

You don't understand what V-Dragon Lock is at all, that f*cking deck dominated OCG for a long time now. It has two variants, one stalls forever while using Locusts and Scarabs to destroy your opponent's resources while using Mask+Time+Tsuku to stop them from drawing, then V-Dragon for the win. Next is the complete lockdown with Spell Canceller, believe me, I didn't think it as much threat either until I lost to one from an hour duel... And it's not possible to sidedeck against it, the stall variant has about three of every continuous stall possible. It got Genocide banned this time from Mask to one, Time Seal banned, Drop Off to one, and V-Dragon himself banned.

And my Spellcaster needed Apprentice as its main power source to fetch MoF and Old Vinctive as well as using it as Shi no Deck Hakai bait. With only two, it's usable but not nearly as stable.

The Requiem
25th February 2006, 10:02 PM
@LHF: Yes and no. Not totally. I've heard many a person jump to say "DW will be tier 1" and "DW will become more playable" blah, blah, blah, yadda yadda yadda.

One card fails to make any decktype more playable, simple as that.

Uria can definitely still be used. Be creative...

YOu underestimate me totally if you say that I dont understand what a V-Dragon lock is. Chaos has dominated the TCG meta for a long time now and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who knows that its not invincible. Careful playing and smart tech will blow any stall deck to pieces.. Its not the victory dragon that wins in those decks at all, its the Tsuku lock.

"It's not possible to sidedeck against it"...

Not if you gear your sideboard totally to morphing your deck, or killing one thing..theres nothing in this game that cant be hurt by a sideboard.