PDA

View Full Version : Naruto #24 - "Start Your Engines: The Chunnin Exams Begin!"

Kanadian Kyuubi
18th February 2006, 1:12 AM
Welcome to what you can call your Daytona 500 Pre-Race show, but replace drivers with your Ninja friends, laps with 3 tests, and Cars with...well, Ninjas...:) Today, the name of the game is the first part of the exams: the test! So, pull those belts tight one last time, it's time to BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY!!!!!

Tonight on YTV's Bionix at 9:30 pm, tommorow at 9:00 pm on Toonami. Also a programming note for Toonami viewers, you will be able to catch back2back episodes of Naruto starting at 8:30 with a repeat of last week's episode "Genin Takedown! All 9 Rookies Take Off!".

Discuss

Veek
18th February 2006, 4:36 AM
Man, been wanted to see the snime version of this episode ^^ Has Hinata in it.
People: o-O
I like Hinata. Is that so wrong? T-T Anyways, this part was pretty good in the manga but I won't say anything. Can't wait to see it.

Kanadian Kyuubi
18th February 2006, 2:32 PM
Okay, unlike other episodes, this was a more "more talk, less action" episode this week...pretty high on the "bleh" scale, so this review will be shorter than usual...:(

Finally, the Chunnin exams have begun, the projectory of a shriken thrown of a tree and blah blah blah, I can't even follow the proportions of the questions, guess "This Test was made for Cheatin'". Even for the blehness of this episode, Naruto was pulling off some strange facial expressions and ranting about the toughness, it was funny but then....

Hinata!!! Hinata was being cute as usual today, her voice still makes her sound very cute, and because she is very cute, I can say that because she is a girl, she is prettier than Sakura!!! :D

It was also nice to see all the other people using their powers to try and cheat, Rock Lee and Tenten were using a Mirror system, Gaara was using his sand to transport an extra eye, Sauske was using the obvious Sharingan based solution, Akamaru was spying for Kiba (Arf!), his arfing is so cute! :D And Shino, he was using a fly...... .

6/10

And you thought some of the Land of Waves episodes were boring, I hate origin and talking episodes, they be boring! Come on, get to the Forest of Death already!

Kasaioni
18th February 2006, 2:47 PM
i saw that last night, it was a good show

Ralts Master
18th February 2006, 4:41 PM
Just fyi, iirc only the final question matters

Haruka's Swimsuit
19th February 2006, 3:29 AM
I'm liking tonight's episode, it's nice to get to hear Hinata's VA a little more than the one or two lines Hinata has had in past episodes. I'm also enjoying the Sound team's voices; Dosu's is rather good, kinda creepy.
But, is it just me or have these last two episodes put focus on Hinata's... figure?

Byakugan? nice.

Ralts Master
19th February 2006, 3:37 AM
Hinata's voice is incredibly cute and her acting perfect in this episode. And that was pretty much the only worthwhile part in the episode, save for everyone's methods of cheating...

fhqwhgads
19th February 2006, 3:57 AM
Awesome ep. Though, not very conclusive-dang-,it was still cool.
-Heat Trainer!-

Mimori Kiryu
19th February 2006, 4:04 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. It revealed more about Hinata and I love her voice as well. It's very cute. ^_^ I also liked to see how they planned to cheat without getting caught. I thought the Byakugan was really awesome...Hyuuga is really cool and it was neat to see that in action for the first time, not in a freeze frame like the manga. D:

Overall, this episode was about a 7 out of 10 because there was no action, really and just talking, though still enjoyable. ^_~

Veek
19th February 2006, 6:43 AM
*sigh* Loved this episode. Been waiting friggin long for the Cuunin exams. The zabuza arc was good but sorta bored me a bit in the middle. Sides, it had *gets out megaphone*HINATA! Wooo! And Tenten, Neji, Kabuto....
Azul: o-O insane girl.
^-^ *spazzing naruto fan-girlness over* Anyways, I hope the second exam isn't too long episode wise. I prefer the third one. One on one. Mano y mano. Ect, ect. Can't wait for next week's ep. *goes of to read manga and watch more anime*

MugenKeiji
19th February 2006, 7:35 AM
Stephanie Sheh has Hinata NAILED DOWN!

I expected Morino Ibiki's English voice to be a little close to Freddie Krueger. Don't mind on that one, I wish for a lot of crazy things.

I'm starting to notice Robbie going back into his Michaelangelo voice for Chouji. COWABUNGA KONOHA DUDES!

Looking forward to more...oh yes.

Skiks
19th February 2006, 6:49 PM
Ha yes this episode was great. I luff hinata's voice. I also enjoyed seeing all the elaborate ways they found to cheat. Naruto freaking out was pretty good to see as well. I can't wait till next week when they all get a big suprise. :3

mangod/pikachu
19th February 2006, 6:54 PM
Naruto was really cool this week. I thought Shino's voice needed to be deeper but it was still cool. I liked how all of the genin were cheating especially Dosu who probably had the most creative way of finding the answers. I also liked the fact that Neji used Byakugan instead of "evil eye", I think that's what it's called in the manga. Hinata is very cute and I like her voice. Awesome episode, can't wait 'till next week.

NEO GOHAN
19th February 2006, 7:11 PM
I liked seeing Naruto spazz out like that. (especially when he regrets accepting Hinata's offer to cheat off of her 8P *wordplay*) the creepiest part was seeing that one guy go to the restroom and seeing his guard's empty eye socket. (gross, but oddly satisfying)

MachopGirl
19th February 2006, 10:31 PM
the creepiest part was seeing that one guy go to the restroom and seeing his guard's empty eye socket. (gross, but oddly satisfying)That's Kankuro and his puppet "Crow." That's just to show that he is a puppet master.

I am really pleased how this episode goes, especially how they say Byakugan instead of "Evil Eye" or whatever like in the manga. Sasuke managed to figure out that the proctors were trying to see how they make out as ninjas by "cheating." It's funny how knucklehead Naruto didn't read between the lines of the rules.

Only the final answer matters and Naruto managed to pass. :D

Kamex
22nd February 2006, 7:47 PM
Great episode. Interesting to see them all cheat in their own ways.

Hinata was cool to watch. I haven't seen any episode past this of course, so I'm pretty interested to see how she'd do with the Byakugan.