PDA

View Full Version : tips on yu yu hakusho rpg

Kurama
18th February 2006, 2:28 AM
tips on yu yu hakusho rpg

Jonouchi
18th February 2006, 2:38 AM
Description, Description, DESCRIPTION!!!

That's the most important thing when it comes to an RPG. Also, describe what you're working on in terms of races, characters, and plots. You may know what they are, but most of us don't. Tell us what they're like and what you can choose from

Kurama
18th February 2006, 2:41 AM
there are only 2 races human and demon

Jonouchi
18th February 2006, 2:43 AM
So describe them. There's more than one kind of Human/Demon. What are they like? How do they act? Are they good or evil? Describe everything! Even if someone already knows what they are, someone else might not

Kurama
18th February 2006, 2:49 AM
thank you....8333333333333333333

Scar
18th February 2006, 2:53 AM
If you could...yanno...be more specific, that'd be great.

But if you just want to know how to make it so the RP DOESN'T break the rules...well, that I can help you with.

First off, make the plot more than one d*mn paragraph! When making a plot for an RP, try to make it as descriptive as possible, and explain things like the villain's motives, what they're trying to do, etc. For example, instead of saying 'Yusuke, Kurama, Hiei, and Kurabara must stop the all-powerful demon king' or whatever you threw together in your actual topic, try telling why exactly the Demon King is so evil, and what he's trying to do. Yanno, tell what makes this villain tick, what powers he has, etc.

Next, how did Yusuke find out about this? Did he find out on a mission? Or did Botan fly up on her broom and tell him about this guy? Was he just walking down the street, hanging out with his friends when he thinks 'yanno what? I'm gonna go all the way to Demon World just so I can fight a villain who I never even heard of...JUST cause I'm so very awsome!' Tell how the heroes got themselves into whatever they're into, and tell WHY exactly they need help from eighteen other demons. They did fine on their own before, why do they need help now?

Like Jonouchi said, description is VERY important. You have to describe the characters, races, etc. Tell people what the demon world is and what demons are, as well as their relationships with humans. Tell us what the general concept of Yu Yu Hakusho is. While some members here know what it is, this IS a Pokemon forum so not everyone is going to know what it is. Explain it for them.

In short, you need description above all else and your plot needs to make sense. I hope that helped.

Lady Myuu
18th February 2006, 5:30 AM
Good advice guys. But He failed explaining what he wanted. First of proper spelling and not net slang. Second off following the rules.

There we go.

Following the rules...

hmm..

new concept...

Closed cuz this is just sad. Be more specific next time.