PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh! Manga

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
18th February 2006, 7:54 AM
Who here reads the Yu-Gi-Oh! Manga? I've only read Volume one, but I'm gonna get the next one on Monday hopefully. I don't like the look of the Duelist ones, I like the originals.

Discuss.

Kez
18th February 2006, 9:49 AM
I am on volume 7 of the originals and I have to say that I think that they are great. But there is a thread furthur down the page called "Yu-go-oh: anime or manga" and people are discussing manga in that thread as well.

I like how the "other yugi is so different and all of those games. All different than duel monsters. I also like the Death T sage. I think that is volumes 5 and 6.

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
18th February 2006, 3:46 PM
Oh, oh yeah, searched the wrong forum. Oops! ^^;

Kez
19th February 2006, 3:11 PM
Well, since the other thread has now been closed for been bumped, I may as well post my opinions in this thread. I have read the first 7 volumes and I have to say that I liked the first 7 volumes a lot. I thought that the M<onster world Saga was great but it did drag on for a long time. I mean, 1 whole volume, but It was enjoyable.

I will be buying the 'Duelist' volumes soon, but I was just wandering, is it similar to the anime, I mean story wise, or are there quite a few changes. I mean, in the Dragonball manga, it is identical to the anime. Is this the case with this manga?

Atari
20th February 2006, 4:12 PM
Ummm, I own the first three volumes of the originals, but the third one went missing a long time ago. That's probably why I stopped reading it 8D. I own the English & Japanese versions of volume two, and only the English of the first volume.

Mimori Kiryu
20th February 2006, 4:14 PM
I've been reading Yu-Gi-Oh since Shonen Jump came out and I have all the issues. I throughtly enjoy the Pharaoh's Memory Arc. <3 It tis love.

~Shining-Metagross~
20th February 2006, 4:52 PM
I have just completed the Original Series. 6-7 of the Orignal were always out of my grasp, but my dad saw both while working in Scotland. I also own 1-7 of Duelist. I don't watch the Anime anymore(Currently trying to download the original Japanese versions now), and I don't play the card game but I am in love with the Manga.

Just wondering, how many Duelists are thier? Last time I checked it was 14.

Kez
21st February 2006, 7:52 AM
What is your opinion of the duelist saga? I have not really heard that much about it. I would just like to know if you think it is good or not.

And I think that there are 13 volumes in Duelist.

~Shining-Metagross~
21st February 2006, 6:45 PM
Well, the duelist is on Battle city last time I checked, and I swear I picked up a volume 14, with Jounachi V Psychic guy.

And Duelist is pretty good. Alot more entertaining then the Show, anyways.

Kez
21st February 2006, 6:54 PM
I thought that it was Duelist Kingdom? or does it have both? Also, in the anime, there ws a saga where they went into a virtual world. Does this happen in here?

~Shining-Metagross~
21st February 2006, 7:20 PM
Manga:
Original-Duelist(Duelist Kingdom-Battle City-Battle City Finals)-Pharohs Memorys
Anime(EXLUDING the Original season since no-one has ever heard of it....=P):
Duelist Kingdom-Battle City-Noah Saga- Battle City Finals-The Oricalsos Saga-Kc Saga-Pharohs Memorys-Movie

there ws a saga where they went into a virtual world. Does this happen in here?

Noah Saga. It sucked so bad, its not worth watching.

Kez
22nd February 2006, 4:35 PM
Thanks, and I thought that it was OK. But it was stupid how they had it in the middle of an important story.

Kaiserin
22nd February 2006, 8:52 PM
Technically, there's already a thread on this, so... :X

Kaiserin
23rd February 2006, 12:00 AM
My bad, it got closed the other day. ^^; Reopened!

Kez
23rd February 2006, 6:13 PM
Thank you for reopening it. I forgot to mention, do all of the millenium items make an appearence in the manga before the milenium world saga? They dont in the anime.

Satoshi
25th February 2006, 12:13 AM
Thank you for reopening it. I forgot to mention, do all of the millenium items make an appearence in the manga before the milenium world saga? They dont in the anime.
Yeah. Yuugi's Millenium Puzzle, Ryo Bakura's Ring, Shadi's Key and Scales, Pegasus's Eye, Malik's Rod and Ishizu's Tauk.

And actually they do all appear in the anime, if you include Shadow Game!, which does not actually have tie into the universe with Duel Monsters. But I think it should be included in the "anime" category. >>;;

Kez
26th February 2006, 8:33 PM
Thanks. Well, apart from the scales, they all appear in the same place?

Anyway. Id the pheoroes arc saga similar to the one in the anime? Or better? As you can obviously tell, i have seen a lot of the anime, althougb i am ashamed to admit, only 4kids dubbed ones.

Turtle Fiasco
4th March 2006, 4:52 AM
Thanks. Well, apart from the scales, they all appear in the same place?

Anyway. Id the pheoroes arc saga similar to the one in the anime? Or better? As you can obviously tell, i have seen a lot of the anime, althougb i am ashamed to admit, only 4kids dubbed ones.

For the most part, yes, they do all appear in the same place since the other characters are released into the anime and manga about the same way through.

I've read some of Pharoah's Memory in a big hefty Shonen Jump magazine. They looked the same, although it wasn't Rex and Weevil who stole the god cards and millenium items. It was just some random guy. XP

And don't worry, I've only seen the dubbed episodes too. I can't see 'em anywhere else... I have dial-up.

Kez
4th March 2006, 4:39 PM
Anyway, has the manga finished in Japan? I have heard about this Yu-Gi-Oh GX thing, what is it all about? Is it a sequel to the older series?

Poison Master
7th March 2006, 2:14 PM
Yes, as far as I know, Yugioh has finished in Japan, I think they are on Yugioh GX (Which I think is Anime only)

Also, can anyone tell me how many books there are alltogether?

Manjoume
7th March 2006, 3:29 PM
There is also Yu-Gi-Oh R. Total volumes are thirty-eight (Not counting R).

poke_girl
9th March 2006, 6:11 PM
I was just looking at a Volume 7 discription on a site.

Volume 7

MONSTER WORLD. When Yugi and his friends joined a "Monster World" role-playing game campaign, they didn't realize just how much time the game would take - like maybe the rest of their lives! Ryo Bakura, their game master, wants to use the power of his Millennium ring to seal the souls of Yugi, Jonouchi, Anzu and Honda inside his "Monster World" miniatures forever. Now, with 10-sided dice in hand, Yugi and Dark Yugi must hack and slash their way through Bakura's adventure and defeat the Dark Master Zorc...or die trying!
That sounds alot like what's happening in the Anime now through, but this isn't the memory arc, can someone explane this to me?
I thought Zorc was just something at the end of the memory arc..

Turtle Fiasco
10th March 2006, 5:53 AM
Anyway, has the manga finished in Japan? I have heard about this Yu-Gi-Oh GX thing, what is it all about? Is it a sequel to the older series?

GX is a ripoff of the original series. Basically, those who ran YuGiOh, saw that it was making a lot of money so they decided to continue it. The thing was, Kazuki Takahashi was done with the series so they didn't want to use the same characters or anything. The only thing that is reused in YuGiOh GX, is the idea of Duel Monsters.

Satoshi
10th March 2006, 6:41 AM
I was just looking at a Volume 7 discription on a site.

That sounds alot like what's happening in the Anime now through, but this isn't the memory arc, can someone explane this to me?
I thought Zorc was just something at the end of the memory arc..
It was when Yuugi first met Ryo Bakura. It was sort of like when he trapped their souls into cards like he did in the "Duel Monsters" anime. That volume of the manga was adapted into animation in the early and first series of YGO, Shadow Game (Never dubbed in the U.S.), which was the anime adaption of the first seven volumes of the manga by TOEI.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/5659/pdgnvie00088iy6bo.jpg

The Role-Playing Shadow Game was the closing of the first seven volume series of the manga. Then came Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, which had an anime adaption that we currently know (Duel Monsters). This was when Zork was first introduced.

Kez
12th March 2006, 2:59 PM
But instead of cards, he trapped the souls of yu gi and his friends into little statues. When i was reading this volume, there was one thing that bothered me, could yu gi and his friends actually see the little statues moving? I mean, they gave the impression that they did in the manga.