PDA

View Full Version : My Emerald Team

Neo
18th February 2006, 11:07 AM
Currently at the E4, just want to know what you guys think and some advice on some things.

Starmie
Gentle nature
-Surf
-T-bolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover (don't know whether to put Skill Swap here)

Ninjask
Bashful nature
-Slash
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Aerial Ace

Golem
Naive nature
-Rock Blast (will get Rock Silde when I can)
-Selfdestruct
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

Slaking
Docile nature
-Return
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Slack Off (don't know whether to put Shadow Ball here or on Ninjask)
Will have Choice Band when I can get it.

Magcargo
Rash nature
-Yawn
-Protect
-Flamethrower
-Rock Slide

Sceptile
Relaxed nature
-Dragon Claw
-Quick Attack (don't know whether to put Thunderpunch here when I can)
-Leech Seed
-Leaf Blade

Well, rate away. And if possible help me with those little bits I've put at the side.
EDIT: Oh, and I'm not going to re-breed to get different natures. I've put them there so you have an idea of what the stats are like.

Emilio
18th February 2006, 12:59 PM
Currently at the E4, just want to know what you guys think and some advice on some things.

Starmie
Timid nature
-Surf
-T-bolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Ninjask
Jolly nature
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Aerial Ace

Golem
Adamant nature
-Explosion
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

Slaking
Adamant/Jolly nature
-Return
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball

Magcargo
Bold nature
-Yawn
-Light Screen
-Flamethrower
-Rock Slide

Sceptile
Timid nature
-Substitute
-Ice Punch/Thunderpunch
-Leech Seed
-Leaf Blade

Well, rate away. And if possible help me with those little bits I've put at the side.
EDIT: Oh, and I'm not going to re-breed to get different natures. I've put them there so you have an idea of what the stats are like. I put other natures on them anyway.

pikadon92
18th February 2006, 2:07 PM

Starmie
Gentle nature
-Surf
-T-bolt/Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Recover (don't know whether to put Skill Swap here)
IMO psychic's better, because it's making use of STAB

Ninjask
Bashful nature
-Subsitute
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Aerial Ace

Golem
Naive nature
-Brick Break
-Earthquake
-Seceret Power
You should have get an impish/adament nature.

Slaking
Docile nature
-Return
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Slack Off (don't know whether to put Shadow Ball here or on Ninjaskdo put it here.)
Will have Choice Band when I can get it.

Magcargo
Rash nature
-Yawn
-Protect
-Flamethrower
-Rock Slide
I just have no idea.

Sceptile
Relaxed nature
-Dragon Claw
-Quick Attack (don't know whether to put Thunderpunch here when I can)do
-Leech Seed
-Leaf Blade
You should have get a timid natured instead.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not going to re-breed to get different natures. I've put them there so you have an idea of what the stats are like.
Even if it's an in-game, you should still be aware of the natures, although, you can still relax a little.

ZNtelle
18th February 2006, 5:29 PM
What's with Brick Break and Secret Power on Golem? Starmie also doesn't need Psychic when it already has that BoltBeam coverage and some STAB on the side.

Anyways, Double-Edge is an option on Golem in the case that you have Rock Head as your ability.

Neo
18th February 2006, 5:37 PM
Yeah, well, I don't have Rock Head... and I also don't have Natural Cure on Starmie, which is why I was contemplating putting Skill Swap on it. Only realised that AFTER I'd put T-bolt and Ice Beam on Starmie...
I will put Explosion on Golem as well. And I'll also put Leftovers on Sceptile when I can as well.
So, so far, I've got Substitute instead of Slash on Ninjask and Shadow Ball on Slaking. Anything else I should do? Except natures of course...

ZNtelle
18th February 2006, 5:50 PM
Subseeding Sceptile in case you were confused about the suggestions above.

Sceptile @ Leftovers
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Thunderpunch
- Leaf Blade

Fluorescent Adolescent
18th February 2006, 5:51 PM
Subseeding Sceptile in case you were confused about the suggestions above.

Sceptile @ Leftovers
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Thunderpunch
- Leaf Blade

Last time I checked timid was better :l

Neo
18th February 2006, 5:59 PM
So, Subseeding Sceptile, and then Slash stays on Ninjask? And I don't really want to get rid of Dragon Claw considering it's quite a rare move in-game.

Fluorescent Adolescent
18th February 2006, 6:01 PM
So, Subseeding Sceptile, and then Slash stays on Ninjask? And I don't really want to get rid of Dragon Claw considering it's quite a rare move in-game.

Silver Wind>Aerial Ace>Slash

That's what I think anyway. Bug moves always are cool considering they are in their rarity D:

Neo
18th February 2006, 6:06 PM
Silver Wind>Aerial Ace>Slash

That's what I think anyway. Bug moves always are cool considering they are in their rarity D:
Yeah, I spose. *sigh* I guess I'll be re-breeding Ninjask then. And if I do that, will the egg still have Aerial Ace, or because its a TM it won't carry it on. Actually, I need to get a female Nincada/Ninjask first...
Well, I dunno. I guess I could leave Dragon Claw there instead of Thunderpunch, and have Ninjask with Aerial Ace and Silver Wind... but I can't get Aerial Ace to carry on... this is quite confusing really. Please hold while I see if I still have Aerial Ace on another game so I can trade it over...

ZNtelle
18th February 2006, 6:15 PM
Ninjask cannot get Aerial Ace by breeding, but it can get Silver Wind. Like *Ryan* said above, Silver Wind has a priority over Aerial Ace, so breed for that.

You could, of course, try to pass a Sub to Sceptile and Seed from there, though once the Sub is broken, there goes your strategy. If you want to keep SubSeeding Sceptile, put Protect in place of where Substitute would be on Ninjask, since you still get the Speed boost. It would be great to pass a Sub, though, and you need that Sub to Swords Dance.