PDA

View Full Version : My Fire Red team for in-game and casual battling

DiscipleRock
18th February 2006, 3:50 PM
This team is for in-game and semi-competitive (is that even a word?) use. A combination of tried-and-tested competitive favourites and my own personal favourites. Since it's on Fire Red I will use only the first 150 Pokemon (and I believe most of the RSE Pokemon have no right to exist, but there you go). Basic format for putting the Pokemon down, plus an explanation of why I did what I did. (you see, method in the madness) Have fun criticising them, and thank you in advance. ^^

;135; Jolteon Electric
Nature: Docile
Ability: Volt Absorb
Thunderbolt
Agility
Baton Pass
Substitute

My opener. This is the basic Baton Passing up Jolteon, so I won't go into much detail. Agility then Baton Pass, Thunderbolt to give it an offense against something, and Substitute for anything it can't handle. (read: Ground Pokemon)

;003; Venusaur Grass/Poison
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Overgrow
Leech Seed
Body Slam
Swords Dance
Giga Drain

I used this set to great effect in GSC (I always have my starter on my final team, for sentimental resons). With Leech and Giga Drain, he absolutely will not die unless he comes against something designed to take him out. And he has the stats to put the hurt on anything with a Swords up Body Slam. Watch your opponent scream in pain if Paralysis comes off.

;130; Gyarados Water/Flying
Nature: Timid (Oo)
Ability: Intimadate
Taunt
Surf
Dragon Dance
Earthquake

Ah! Gyarados, officially my favourite Pokemon ever. A slight variation on the standard set in that I have Surf for STABby goodness. (I never go without a STAB move on a Pokemon, heresy) Other than that, Taunt, Dragon Dance up, Earthquake. Thank you and goodnight.

;065; Alakazam Psychic
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Synchronise
Thunder Wave
Psychic
Calm Mind
Recover

'Zam has been a staple of any of my team since RBY, so I couldn't leave him out. This is a variation from the standard "Elemental Punch" Zam, but I think it could work well. Thunder Wave, Calm Mind up then sweep with Psychic. Recover when necessary. If his Defense can hold out, this guy can own.

;051; Dugtrio Ground
Nature: Serious
Ability: Arena Trap
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Toxic

I've always had a soft spot for Dugtrio, and with Arena Trap he is now very useful if used correctly. (okay, you probably knew that, but meh!) Aerial Ace is to give Fighting and Grass types a fright. Earthquake and Rock Slide for anything else, and Toxic if I'm feeling evil.

;143; Snorlax Normal
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Thick Fat
Rest
Sleep Talk
Double-Edge
Shadow Ball

Basic purpose tank (I refuse to use Curselax on principle, and I don't think Curse is available in FR anyway) Double-Edge, Rest, Sleep Talk, wake up, rinse and repeat. Shadow Ball is there to give me another option if required.

ZNtelle
18th February 2006, 4:19 PM
I LIKE TO MOVE IT. I LIKE TO MOVE IT - MOVE IT. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=99130)

In other words, read that link. Now here's the rate.

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

[Same as yours but with leftovers and the right nature.]

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

[Not sure on this one, haven't ever used Venusaur before.]

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Ability: Intimadate
- Thunder Wave
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

[With DDs you don't need Surf. Taunting doesn't help much InGame.]

Alakazam @ Leftovers
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Recover

[That was no variation of Elemental Alakazam.]

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Bomb

[Grymyrk + *Ryan* help.]

Snorlax @ Leftovers
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Double-Edge
- Shadow Ball

[I know, it was pretty much the same thing.]

- EDITED -

DragonDance
18th February 2006, 4:23 PM
items?

Jolt should be Timid
Gyarados should be adamant and return > surf
Modest Zam
Adamant Duggy
Carful Lax

Grymyrk
18th February 2006, 4:43 PM
Dugtrio @ Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

[Leftovers because CB Toxic doesn't make sense.]

you could always use sludge bomb over toxic with the CB. considering duggy doesn't really have much in the defenses i'd rather not waste a turn inflicting status when i could be hurting stuff, and still having a 30% chance of poisoning anyway.

ZNtelle
18th February 2006, 5:04 PM
Point in case, I hadn't even thought about that. :postedit:

Fluorescent Adolescent
18th February 2006, 5:32 PM
Lol wut? Toxic on duggy? That's most likely the worst idea ever. Have you seen its shitty HP, defense and Special defense?